Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 C8 Interior Photo

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 10:43 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Quinten33

The rendering is going off of the exact words of the only potential direct witness of the interior that has commented on its design. It’s meant to visualize his description, so using components from the car’s that Zerv02 mentioned was the right way to go about it. It’s difficult to render new buttons, screens, and other components completely, especially from scratch, but I would never doubt FVS’s ability to do so. Also keep in mind that other people on Corvette forums have seen the interior themselves or have talked to witnesses about it, an a few key elements have been corroborated with what zerv02 described. The shape of the steering wheel can even be seen in every set of spy shots since December. Nobody is saying that this is a picture of the interior or that it’s really even close to the true design. But it’s something, and something is better than nothing right now. FVS has given us an amazing idea of how great the exterior will look and now he is, with scarce credible information, attempting to provide a visual depiction of the interior layout and components.
You know what I see, I see a stretched out C7 interior, climate controls and center screen, a Lamborghini start button, Mercedes switches and a Ford GT steering wheel and cluster. This is in NO WAY going to remotely look like a C8, how exactly can it when it's stealing from other cars? It's not even an educated guess, it's a mishmash of other car's interiors. I shake my head at how ridiculous that "rendering" is while writing this. You might as well say that this Avalon interior is going to be the new C8's interior, it lends the same f'kn credibility and "factual" analysis.

Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you the all new Chevrolet C8 interior:

Tell me, how is this any different than what OP posted?
Old 10-08-2018, 10:45 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinten33

The rendering is going off of the exact words of the only potential direct witness of the interior that has commented on its design. It’s meant to visualize his description, so using components from the car’s that Zerv02 mentioned was the right way to go about it. It’s difficult to render new buttons, screens, and other components completely, especially from scratch, but I would never doubt FVS’s ability to do so. Also keep in mind that other people on Corvette forums have seen the interior themselves or have talked to witnesses about it, an a few key elements have been corroborated with what zerv02 described. The shape of the steering wheel can even be seen in every set of spy shots since December. Nobody is saying that this is a picture of the interior or that it’s really even close to the true design. But it’s something, and something is better than nothing right now. FVS has given us an amazing idea of how great the exterior will look and now he is, with scarce credible information, attempting to provide a visual depiction of the interior layout and components.
It always seemed to me that the interior designers, especially for Corvette and Camaro, wish they could do the instrumentation on an F-35. But you don't drive a car the way you fly a fighter jet. I would hand over interior design, at least dash controls, to ergonomics people Silicone Valley.
The following users liked this post:
rblakeney (10-10-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 10:47 PM
dcbingaman
Burning Brakes

Received 342 Likes on 207 Posts

FVS is to be thanked for another nice jop taking a little sketchy information and trying to imagine what it means and what it looks like. I have seen Zerv2's sketch and this is a pretty good interpretation of that sketch and his comments.

My problem is three-fold. First, I don't buy Zerv2's story. Seeing the interior is probably impossible except for a select group of GM insiders. The mules in Nurburgring had covers over the whole dashboard, so its impossible to say whether this is even close, but the mule steering wheel and center cluster shape does not look anything like this.

Second, the Ford GT is an ergonomic disaster inside, so I can't imagine GM trying to emulate it. Just read the reviews - the car is a no fun zone on the road because the interior is so crappy. You can't even TOUCH the dashboard, which is why ALL the controls are on the steering wheel face. No thank you.

Third, the C7 was designed by a woman and so is a smashing success both aesthetically and ergonomically. Why screw it up ? I would expect the C8 dashboard will be the LEAST revolutionary change in whole car. The C7 interior is damn near perfect now - it only need a little refinement for the C8.
VetterFlyer (10-14-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 11:28 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by dcbingaman
FVS is to be thanked for another nice jop taking a little sketchy information and trying to imagine what it means and what it looks like. I have seen Zerv2's sketch and this is a pretty good interpretation of that sketch and his comments.

My problem is three-fold. First, I don't buy Zerv2's story. Seeing the interior is probably impossible except for a select group of GM insiders. The mules in Nurburgring had covers over the whole dashboard, so its impossible to say whether this is even close, but the mule steering wheel and center cluster shape does not look anything like this.

Second, the Ford GT is an ergonomic disaster inside, so I can't imagine GM trying to emulate it. Just read the reviews - the car is a no fun zone on the road because the interior is so crappy. You can't even TOUCH the dashboard, which is why ALL the controls are on the steering wheel face. No thank you.

Third, the C7 was designed by a woman and so is a smashing success both aesthetically and ergonomically. Why screw it up ? I would expect the C8 dashboard will be the LEAST revolutionary change in whole car. The C7 interior is damn near perfect now - it only need a little refinement for the C8.

as you pointed out The rendering is merely a visualization of Zerv02 s sketch and description.

it makes sense to me that the c8 interior may have familiar design proportions and basic ergonomics of the C7 since the cabin seems to be fairly comfortable and well accepted as a drivers car.

I believe the interior will be updated and modernized but will still have the feel of the C7. It ain’t that broke.

as described and pointed out, even though some don’t understand, the Ford GT steering wheel was described as the impression he got from the c8. I am sure it will be "similar" but not exact. The GT wheel looks very busy/complicated for a "daily driver"

The other representations as pointed out are taken from the description and visualized, yes, with features plucked from other vehicles. There is absolutely no point in trying to render an image with new buttons and switches and wheels when the eyewitness account gave the impression of these elements and reminded him of these features.

again, most understand, that the rendering is merely to give an idea of what it may look like, not an exact representation of the real car. I don’t know why this concept is so difficult for some people to grasp. kind of answers the question above about why I don’t post here that often anymore.

some people just take all the fun out of it.
i’m glad most of you understand and can enjoy the potential preview. As I said, it gives a better idea of what it may look like than a pen drawing on looseleaf paper.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 10-09-2018 at 12:19 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
91ZR1 (10-09-2018), CorvettoBrando (10-09-2018), fumbling (10-14-2018), skank (10-11-2018), VetterFlyer (10-14-2018), Zaro Tundov (10-10-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-08-2018, 11:41 PM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Zerv02's credibility?
Old 10-08-2018, 11:53 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by lt4obsesses
Zerv02's credibility?
His description and drawing jives with the interior image...roughly" at least. Since we don't have any other people coming forward with info we can give him the benefit of the doubt. There aint no money being bet or reputations at stake. Just some "fun" conversation and dreaming...

ArmchairArchitect (10-15-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 07:46 AM
07MontyRed
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 215 Likes on 139 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13,'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by themonk
So i should post pics of different cars and say that's what the C8 is going to look like? Tell me, what good does this do anyone, posting up **** that is completely untrue? I can understand educated guesses, but pure out and out bs, gmafb! Some of you are like a bunch of kids the night before Christmas for f'k sakes, act like adults and quit spreading lies.
And people like this are why so many of us have quit this forum ...
The following 11 users liked this post by 07MontyRed:
CorvettoBrando (10-09-2018), firstvettesoon (10-09-2018), fumbling (10-14-2018), jetpowr (11-04-2018), keagan (10-09-2018), rblakeney (10-10-2018), RCKTRYD (12-02-2018), rettop (10-10-2018), skank (10-11-2018), VetterFlyer (10-14-2018), vndkshn (10-10-2018) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-09-2018, 08:38 AM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Received 876 Likes on 447 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
You know what I see, I see a stretched out C7 interior, climate controls and center screen, a Lamborghini start button, Mercedes switches and a Ford GT steering wheel and cluster. This is in NO WAY going to remotely look like a C8, how exactly can it when it's stealing from other cars? It's not even an educated guess, it's a mishmash of other car's interiors. I shake my head at how ridiculous that "rendering" is while writing this. You might as well say that this Avalon interior is going to be the new C8's interior, it lends the same f'kn credibility and "factual" analysis.

Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you the all new Chevrolet C8 interior:

[img]https://content.autotrader.com/content/dam/autotrader/articles/Cars/Toyota/Avalon/2019/2019_ToyotaAvalon_AllNewInterior/2019%20Toyota%20Avalon%20-%20interior%20(3).jpg

Tell me, how is this any different than what OP posted?
Um no Huracan start stop. The buttons on the center console dont all run down the right side. No touch pad on center console. That steering wheel dont look nothing like a FGT wheel. The list goes on. I don't see what's wrong with FVS trying to provide a render of what someone saw, the same way he did with what C7pimp saw. Cmon now.
The following 3 users liked this post by keagan:
ArmchairArchitect (10-09-2018), CorvettoBrando (10-10-2018), fumbling (10-14-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 12:58 PM
Dpriceslc
Racer

Received 287 Likes on 85 Posts

The reason so many people are pissed is because of what this thread is labeled "2020 C8 Interior Photo". That makes it fake, fraudulent and bullshit. Everyone appreciates the renderings that FVS has done but this thread should have been labeld "2020 C8 Interior Mock-Up" or something similar. Then everyone would know it's not an actual photograph of the interior but a rendering based on rumor...
Old 10-09-2018, 01:20 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Dpriceslc
The reason so many people are pissed is because of what this thread is labeled "2020 C8 Interior Photo". That makes it fake, fraudulent and bullshit. Everyone appreciates the renderings that FVS has done but this thread should have been labeld "2020 C8 Interior Mock-Up" or something similar. Then everyone would know it's not an actual photograph of the interior but a rendering based on rumor...

Common sense should have given some clues to the angry mob that :
1.) I did not post it as a "real photo"
2) The OP "found" the image and "thought" it was a photograph and was excited to post and share it with you guys... ( no good deed)
3) once you read a few posts it becomes obvious that he made an honest mistake.
4) Some members get bent out of shape and accuse him and maybe me of trying to "fool them" ?

What real harm is done here that warrants such a reaction?

Did clicking on the thread cause you to loose some money or manhood?

The guy made an honest mistake. To be fair...and humble... It does look fairly real at first glance. ( that's for you guys who will jump on and say NO IT DOESN'T LOOK REAL !!!!! ; ) )
You would have to know what all the other cars that the parts are taken from to "know" it was not real.
Why can't we all just cut the guy some slack and relax...

You guys get "pissed" WAY too easy. The C8 seems to have a lot of buttons.... since yours are pushed too easily...maybe the new Corvette ME is not for you ?

My suggestion for all the easily pissed...eat less red meat !

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 10-09-2018 at 01:25 PM.
The following 11 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
91ZR1 (10-10-2018), AEmedic (12-03-2018), ByByBMW (10-09-2018), CorvettoBrando (10-10-2018), fumbling (10-14-2018), RCKTRYD (12-02-2018), rcooper (10-15-2018), rettop (10-10-2018), TSanders (10-10-2018), VetterFlyer (10-14-2018), vndkshn (10-10-2018) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-09-2018, 02:25 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Hey, I eat red meat. I consider myself a vegetarian. What do you think red meat is made of?
The following 2 users liked this post by Shaka:
firstvettesoon (10-09-2018), rcooper (10-15-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 05:59 PM
Trackaholic
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 69 Posts

Great work with the photoshop! It does give a great impression of what Zerv02 was describing. Who knows how accurate that description and therefore the rendering is, but the layout certainly shows promise.

Ignore the crybabies and thanks for putting in the effort on this. I think most are able to recognize it as a fun way to pass the time.

I agree that the C7 interior is pretty good, but there are a couple areas that I think could use improvement:
  1. The steering wheel is a droopy, sad, shape. Would like it to be straight, no-nonsense, and "honest" (clear circular horn section with more well defined spokes). Not sure the Ford GT wheel solves all of those minor gripes, but hopefully whatever GM comes up with with will look bad-*** and will be functional.
  2. The differently colored bezel around the radio. Always looked out of place and made the CF applique seem somewhat pointless since a very large area was still regular plastic.
  3. The asymmetrical vents with the awkwardly placed airbag/emergency flasher button. Again, not a major issue, but the placement of that wedge of stuff above the radio always seemed like an afterthought. Hopefully GM can make the layout look at bit more intentional.
-T

Last edited by Trackaholic; 10-09-2018 at 06:10 PM.
firstvettesoon (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 06:39 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by 07MontyRed
Agreed far to many supposed car enthusiasts in CF that are real jerks.

Sadly the monk is just one of many. I also spend a great deal of time on the Ferrari Chat forum. Never are there such angry and mean sprited forum members like I find here on CF.

It's a real shame and kinda gives reason why so many have such low opinions of Corvette and Corvette owners.

FVS I appreciate your efforts and look forward to more if your ideas as to what we might expect from the C8 both interior and exterior.

I also think that Zerv2 is just trying to share what he has seen with fellow Corvette enthusiasts.

I don't get the folks who sling nasty comments as both FVS and Zerv2 are spending time sharing ideas and concepts with fellow CF members.

I wish the moderator would give some of these guys who never have anything positive to say about the car or members contributions a long vacation.

Unfortunately a hand full of these negative posters do their best to ruin a forum ment to be a educational and fun forum and drag it through the mud.
The following 7 users liked this post by vetteman41960:
91ZR1 (10-10-2018), ByByBMW (10-09-2018), CorvettoBrando (10-10-2018), fumbling (10-14-2018), RCKTRYD (12-02-2018), VetterFlyer (10-14-2018), vndkshn (10-10-2018) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-09-2018, 07:29 PM
Zerv02
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
As Elegant and FrankLP said, it is a rendering based on ZERV02's drawing and description as below...

ZERV02:
DO NOT ASK ME HOW I SAW THIS, I CANNOT COMMENT ON EXTERIOR
Repost to my last thread, last thread was deleted ....
The car is a game changer, unlike anything you've seen before. The interior, as I've stated before, is very close in resemblance to the current Ford GT, and Porsche 918 spyder, with hints to the Lamborghini huracan

The steering column, console, the dashboard, is a carbon copy to that of the current Ford GT. Almost identical steering wheel with a digital-only dash unlike the c7 which is a combination of digital and physical, in addition to another screen in the middle, it sort of wraps around the driver side dash. Leather-wrapped square race-style steering wheel with a special emblem in the middle. It's a lot thicker than that of the Ford GT's wheel. Paddle shifters (DCT) will be used for shifting, won't be a manual variation, it's very similar to the Lamborghini Huracans DCT. On that note, there's an Ignition switch which looks like they pulled right out of the Lamborghini Huracan, used to start the car. Obviously, the shaping is a bit different, this one is also a different color....not sure if that will change in the production version.

There is a touchpad similar to that of Daimler's which is equipped in most of their Mercedes models, will probably function as a control for multimedia and writing things out, but again, I think this is stupid. Daimler didnt have very good feedback with it, just a waiste of space, in my opinion, people will just opt to use the touchscreen. To the right of that touchpad is a circle *** that im assuming is going to be used for selecting the ride mode, its exactly like the one in the current c7, just has a silver lining to it.

NOW THE BUTTONS..... THE BUTTONS.....

This is really hard to explain. The controls used for multimedia, seat controls, AC/HEAT ext, they all run in a vertical line on the right side only of the center console. It looks kinda odd, a bit similar to the 918
spyder. Let me know if you have any questions, no, I'm not trolling I promise

Maybe ZERV02 will come by and comment?
Hello there
Old 10-09-2018, 07:51 PM
prinzSD455
Safety Car

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

agreed. I come here for the latest info on the C8 both speculative and factual. I don’t dump on people who post info. All the negativity is getting old . We can disagree without having to be a$$hol3s.

as I did with others who have posted I always give them some leeway until the actual info surfaces.

carry on
The following 3 users liked this post by prinzSD455:
ByByBMW (10-09-2018), fumbling (10-14-2018), vndkshn (10-10-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 07:57 PM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,241 Likes on 1,664 Posts

It's just monk being monk
Old 10-09-2018, 08:02 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Zerv02

Hello there

Hey Zerv !

How do you like the render based on your drawing/description. Does it give a similar "impression?"

Get notified of new replies

To 2020 C8 Interior Photo

Old 10-09-2018, 08:12 PM
Yarbie
Burning Brakes

Received 391 Likes on 218 Posts

Folks the C8 is a 60k car NOT a 450k car. It has the engine behind the driver and nothing more. Its not that much different than the C7. It cracks me up when people think this things gonna be like Ferrari or Lambo. Too funny.
ByByBMW (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 08:21 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
Hey Zerv !

How do you like the render based on your drawing/description. Does it give a similar "impression?"
Are you looking for the man who said ,the car is 160k,isn’t called a corvette,won’t offer a manual transmission,and who stole someone else’s identity ?

Old 10-09-2018, 08:37 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by pietro c7

Are you looking for the man who said ,the car is 160k,isn’t called a corvette,won’t offer a manual transmission,and who stole someone else’s identity ?

??

Did he say/do those things?

As I recall, he said he "felt" the car was worth $160k...I think he cleared up the no one told him it would actually cost $160k.

He described the wheel as having the Corvette emblem...only modernized ( in a different post) and with a nod to Zora...

I have read from others that claim to "know" that it will not be offered with a manual.

I do not know anything about him stealing someones identity... Please elaborate.

Quick Reply: 2020 C8 Interior Photo