Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will post more details soon

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 12:07 AM
PurpleLion
Burning Brakes

Received 857 Likes on 392 Posts

Fugly
Old 10-14-2018, 12:17 AM
chazcron
Racer

Received 2,829 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by Zaro Tundov
I also have inside scoops, but none of you bozos will ever hear them because NOBODY LEAKS INSIDE INFO!

Anyone with inside info will never spill it because it would put someone's job at risk. That's why we haven't heard jack squat about the C8 despite a fleet of them being on the public streets.
Sorry to contradict you, Zaro, but I know from personal experience that insiders leak hard info. When I started 3D modeling the 2015 Mustang in 2013, posting my progress to a forum, l started getting tips and sketches from members. As my model increased in accuracy, a definite vender insider sent me his photos of computer screens with the front side and top of a CAD model of the car. Also sent screen caps of the headlights and tail lights of the car. These most definitely had not been seen yet. I honored his desire to be completely anonymous, and even deleted all emails received from him. A man claiming to be a Ford investigator called me and said he “happened” to be in the area and said he was on the street outside my house, saying he was former FBI investigator who was impressed by the renders but insinuated that my renders were too accurate and wanted to know how I got my info. He tried to intimidate me and even had the nerve to throw the word “lawsuit” around. Fortunately, I was at the grocery store at the time. I blocked his number and never heard from him again. I was a little unnerved. But all of it did happen. But it most definitely put his job at risk. When I did the same for the Carmaro, however, I got no insider info.
The following 2 users liked this post by chazcron:
JockItch (10-15-2018), smoove7410 (10-18-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 12:29 AM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Yuck. I was waiting past the c7, the more I see spy shots and renderings...think I’m going used exotic instead. Lame.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:40 AM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Received 1,039 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Josh
Yuck. I was waiting past the c7, the more I see spy shots and renderings...think I’m going used exotic instead. Lame.
The renders of the C7 were nothing like the final product. Please just hold out until GM drops the real C8 on the world.

I say this as a Porsche fanatic: the real C8 is more beautiful than any sports car currently in production. That was my impression, at least. Maybe you'll agree once you've seen it.

Last edited by Zaro Tundov; 10-14-2018 at 10:41 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Zaro Tundov:
firstvettesoon (10-14-2018), Flex182 (10-14-2018), NAH801 (10-15-2018), purple heart (10-14-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 11:12 AM
Trackaholic
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by chazcron

Sorry to contradict you, Zaro, but I know from personal experience that insiders leak hard info. When I started 3D modeling the 2015 Mustang in 2013, posting my progress to a forum, l started getting tips and sketches from members. As my model increased in accuracy, a definite vender insider sent me his photos of computer screens with the front side and top of a CAD model of the car. Also sent screen caps of the headlights and tail lights of the car. These most definitely had not been seen yet. I honored his desire to be completely anonymous, and even deleted all emails received from him. A man claiming to be a Ford investigator called me and said he “happened” to be in the area and said he was on the street outside my house, saying he was former FBI investigator who was impressed by the renders but insinuated that my renders were too accurate and wanted to know how I got my info. He tried to intimidate me and even had the nerve to throw the word “lawsuit” around. Fortunately, I was at the grocery store at the time. I blocked his number and never heard from him again. I was a little unnerved. But all of it did happen. But it most definitely put his job at risk. When I did the same for the Carmaro, however, I got no insider info.
i thought I recognized your name. I can vouch for the accuracy of the Mustang renders. They were spot-on, and a big part of what made me interested in eventually getting a GT350. Great work back then. Hopefully you will gradually get some interesting tidbits for the C8 as well. Great seeing your work again.

One area to investigate further is the shape of the side vent. Someone had posted a zoomed-in image that showed a potentially curved shape going deeper into the lower portion of the rear panel. Haven’t seen readers showing that shape yet, so maybe it was dismissed, but perhaps something to look into.

Thanks for for your work.

EDIT: just realized this wasn’t your render, but maybe you posted one in a different thread? If so, apply my statements above to that one, LOL. If you haven’t posted a render of the C8, then I apologize for the confusion and blame an early morning, late night, and senility for my confusion.

-T

Last edited by Trackaholic; 10-14-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:22 AM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Originally Posted by chazcron

Ok, I suppose sometimes leaks happen, but for the C8 nobody's been leaking because the side scoops are all wrong in the renders. They just use the faux panels from the 'Ring. Since the design hinges on the side scoops, getting them wrong burns the whole enchilada.

Last edited by Zaro Tundov; 10-14-2018 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:27 AM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Originally Posted by Trackaholic
One area to investigate further is the shape of the side vent. Someone had posted a zoomed-in image that showed a potentially curved shape going deeper into the lower portion of the rear panel. Haven’t seen readers showing that shape yet
Somebody's paying attention. Look at the rest of the car, is it all curvy swoopy? Nope, curves mixed with angles. Look at the top line of the side window. Curved with a little angle. Think they might repeat that shape somewhere else?

The following users liked this post:
Corvette farmer (01-15-2019)
Old 10-14-2018, 11:53 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Somebody's paying attention. Look at the rest of the car, is it all curvy swoopy? Nope, curves mixed with angles. Look at the top line of the side window. Curved with a little angle. Think they might repeat that shape somewhere else?

I posted this a while back. Is this close to what you are suggesting?https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8&d=1538428270[img]blob:https://www.corvetteforum.com/9e73c681-19fa-4eb8-8fe8-6d3d88b9d4b6[/img]
Old 10-14-2018, 12:07 PM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Received 532 Likes on 330 Posts

Where is the rear of the car? We need something other than 3/4 side views, although it looks killer from that angle.
purple heart (10-14-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 12:16 PM
fatsport
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 894 Likes on 538 Posts

Bullsh t.

I also have inside scoops, but none of you bozos will ever hear them because NOBODY LEAKS INSIDE INFO!

Anyone with inside info will never spill it because it would put someone's job at risk. That's why we haven't heard jack squat about the C8 despite a fleet of them being on the public streets. That's how we know Zerv02 is completely full of sh t.

Tell you what, Zerv02: if you post your "scoops" then I'll give the thumbs up/down based on my own inside info?

Careful Zerv02...I'll call you on any bullsh t!

Nobody ever leaks?

SpeedyD (10-15-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 12:17 PM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Originally Posted by fatsport
Nobody ever leaks?

That's a controlled leak to create buzz.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:23 PM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon

I posted this a while back. Is this close to what you are suggesting?https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8&d=1538428270[img]blob:https://www.corvetteforum.com/9e73c6...8-6d3d88b9d4b6
LOL, no. What's with the pac man trying to eat the front of the car? Why do you keep adding the faux panel from the 'Ring?

This one below from the 'Ring, note the faux panel. You can see the real scoop descending down and away from the front of the car:

Note the leading edge. It isn't razor thin like the faux panel. They would never put that into production, it would be full of dings in a few months and the whole party would end once it sliced some kid's head off.

Also note, the faux panel wraps around and over the top, making the leading edge on the door look like a tacked on trim piece.

vettesweetnos (10-15-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 12:30 PM
MidLVR
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Went to a Vette dealer in Toronto yesterday to chug a coffee, enjoy the day, and do what I like to do in my free time : dream about Brap!
I have always liked the C5 C6 and C7 but I honestly am not pleased with the front dead-on view of the nose of the C7....looking at this render above, I bet starring at that dead-on would fix that immediately. Cool nose man.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:40 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

LOL, no. What's with the pac man trying to eat the front of the car? Why do you keep adding the faux panel from the 'Ring?

This one below from the 'Ring, note the faux panel. You can see the real scoop descending down and away from the front of the car:

Note the leading edge. It isn't razor thin like the faux panel. They would never put that into production, it would be full of dings in a few months and the whole party would end once it sliced some kid's head off.

Also note, the faux panel wraps around and over the top, making the leading edge on the door look like a tacked on trim piece.
Thanks!

Does the scoop not reverse direction and angle forward at some point or does it terminate at the door ledge similar to the Aria?

My render does not follow the trim piece but extends beyond the door edge to the center of the concave door hollow then reverses toward the front of the car following the CAD image and other eyewitness descriptions. I am sure it is not 100%.

The shape I made was based on suggestions that the V shape was repeating the side Q window shape as you described which repeats the shapes of the headlamp and tail light as well

Any help is appreciated

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 10-14-2018 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:55 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Feel free to comment or adjust.

Do you know what to holes behind the scoop are for? I figured it may be for attaching a trim piece?

I note that in the CAD image ( bottom) the actual scoop opening does not reach the door bottom sill and shows the deep concave hollow under the door sweeping up as the render and Ring image show. The CAD also does not suggest a lower inlet for brake cooling but does show an upper fender top NACCA type intake similar to the C7. Any comments?

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 10-14-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:58 PM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Take off the point and you're very, very close. REAL CLOSE.

Edit: lest you take it too literally, you'll need to rotate the above image a little. The scoop isn't swept back quite so steeply.

They took this idea from Lamborghini, but Lambo does it with a swept back vent design that mirrors the window line. Peters did it with a swept forward vent. Tradition. CERV III.

Corvette buyers are a highly conservative bunch who fear change. Chevy discovered this when they deleted the chrome bumpers and again when they lost the round tail lights.

They followed the traditional mid engine Corvette design, which is the Indy/CERV III. Peters strongly echoed the shape so as not to put the Corvette fanbois's panties in a bunch, but he likes to eff with them so he made it angular. In my view it's a stroke of genius.

Last edited by Zaro Tundov; 10-14-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:02 PM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
Feel free to comment or adjust.

Do you know what to holes behind the scoop are for? I figured it may be for attaching a trim piece?

I note that in the CAD image ( bottom) the actual scoop opening does not reach the door bottom sill and shows the deep concave hollow under the door sweeping up as the render and Ring image show. The CAD also does not suggest a lower inlet for brake cooling but does show an upper fender top NACCA type intake similar to the C7. Any comments?

Those are very old CAD screenshots. Design details evolve.

Get notified of new replies

To Will post more details soon

Old 10-14-2018, 01:02 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Take off the point and you're very, very close. REAL CLOSE.

They took this idea from Lamborghini, but Lambo does it with a swept back vent design that mirrors the window line. Peters did it with a swept forward vent. Tradition. CERV III.

Corvette buyers are a highly conservative bunch who fear change. Chevy discovered this when they deleted the chrome bumpers and again when they lost the round tail lights.

They followed the traditional mid engine Corvette design, which is the Indy/CERV III. Peters strongly echoed the shape so as not to put the Corvette fanbois's panties in a bunch, but he likes to eff with them so he made it angular. In my view it's a stroke of genius.

Interesting. Thanks!

I am glad your impression of the actual car is so positive. I can not wait to be surprised!

Old 10-14-2018, 01:03 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Those are very old CAD screenshots. Design details evolve.

also very interesting!

; )
Old 10-14-2018, 01:03 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by tooold2race
OK let's get over the color of the "'A" pillar.... All you have to do is take it to a 'wrap' shop.... have 'em either wrap the a pillar in the matching color of your choice or paint the wrap. It will set you back about $100. Now, back to the rendering.... any ideas how I can move up the list at the dealership???
We shouldn't have to fix a new car that GM stuck a design feature on borrowed from over two decades ago to bring it up to current standards.

Quick Reply: Will post more details soon