Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full 360° render of the C8 Corvette

Old 10-22-2018, 03:53 AM
2015GTRBE
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tomlink
Great render BD,

As you mentioned, you have captured the shape of the ME camo mules which have been intentionally covered and distorted to obfuscate the production body design. No wonder some pronounce it ugly - it wasn't camouflaged to make it pretty.

Some on CF who appear to have inside knowledge advise that front and rear decks have been heavily camo'ed to hide body contours. The problem is that we don't have any real clues as to what those contours may be - which precludes any accurate judgement on the design.

One area that we do have some guidance is the side air intakes. Even casual observation reveals that the true intake shapes have been covered and camo wrapped.

IMHO, the true shape of the intake is revealed on the C8R. The angles, arcs, and edge bevels are extremely detailed (and pretty sexy I think). I can't imagine that they weren't lifted off the production design.

It would be interesting if you could overlay and scale the C8R side intake on your render. I think it would get us closer to the production design - until further reveals.
i agree... the camo intakes simply can’t be it.. there is no way. I even sketched it out and it just doesn’t make any design sense.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:31 AM
Vette_Pilot
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

After seeing the 360 degree rendering I want to see it more in person when it comes out!!!!

Last edited by Vette_Pilot; 10-23-2018 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:00 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by RSbeast
Yo Dawg...

Its gonna be a no from me.

I don’t expect you to like the outcome. I’m not even arguing where I can see someone wouldn’t like it. I don’t think I’m going to be close to in love myself. But semantically the lip sticked pig can still have some phenomenal design elements.

I however will argue (vs the 3D) is that you’re going to see a more cohesive design as a whole.

I think they’ll be pulling strongly with relationships in the nose of the car to be recognized as Corvette. TBH the nose and current lights are more c6 than thinking past the 7. These leaks aren’t accidental. They want familiarity by the time they actually release. If you went from total media black out to finished product, you’re going to have more crazy blowback. We saw this slightly with the c7; which I expect to happen again. The projected *** end of the c8 is looking abysmal, esp with the cheap little wing.

I was a big c7 hater, I’m still not the biggest fan in every element, but when I see it now; after getting used to seeing it so much, it’s 100% corvette. I expect the same with the c8.
Quite the sensible “beast”
Old 10-22-2018, 01:17 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by IronV
Good luck with that...

The best estimate of the mouth as seen in pictures of the actual C8, is of one designed to strain huge quantities of plankton.
G-dammt ironV, I don't trust you as far as I could th'ow you, but I enjoy the way you lie...

; )
Old 10-22-2018, 01:28 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Received 495 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Plankton strainer par excellence...

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon

G-dammt ironV, I don't trust you as far as I could th'ow you, but I enjoy the way you lie...

; )

Old 10-23-2018, 02:43 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

I got your plankton strainer right here!

Old 10-23-2018, 02:48 PM
2015GTRBE
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts

so cool it’s basically a Lotus Evora.... better off with a used R8 V10

Last edited by 2015GTRBE; 10-23-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:06 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Received 495 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Look at the grill on that thing!

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
I got your plankton strainer right here!

That's a-some big pie hole! But you know what???? I estimate total swept area still less than the Thing from Outer Space in the 360 degree renders. So. Darwin dictates that in the same ecosystem, the Audifish would be out-competed.

Much prefer the more Tiger Shark like aspect ratio of your renders.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:17 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

That's a-some big pie hole! But you know what???? I estimate total swept area still less than the Thing from Outer Space in the 360 degree renders. So. Darwin dictates that in the same ecosystem, the Audifish would be out-competed.

Much prefer the more Tiger Shark like aspect ratio of your renders.
ha!

My renders trace the “ visible” open area and guess at the center treatment. But it is an educated guess. Grade school educated but edumacated!

The 3 d render is a “rough” outline and was not made to be a super accurate version. Just to give a cool little 3d view.

It will I’ll be much sleeker and exotic looking IMO.

Just hold on on a little more V. We are almost there!
Old 10-23-2018, 09:49 PM
bigterpsfan
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts

Good job but this screams Cormaro to me. I hope it looks a lot different when revealed
Old 10-24-2018, 01:32 PM
bdsvavars
Advanced

Received 251 Likes on 38 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Winner -- Unmodified
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Winner

Here are a couple of new renders. i have added a bit more detail to the rear end and i am trying out a new shape for the side scoop nothing too fancifull just some thing that could easily be hiding under a sheet of plastic.
The following 6 users liked this post by bdsvavars:
Darion (10-25-2018), elegant (10-24-2018), firstvettesoon (10-24-2018), NewYuriCity (10-24-2018), RedDropTop (10-24-2018), rlhmarines (10-24-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-24-2018, 02:17 PM
Atari_Prime
Drifting

Received 555 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by bdsvavars

Here are a couple of new renders. i have added a bit more detail to the rear end and i am trying out a new shape for the side scoop nothing too fancifull just some thing that could easily be hiding under a sheet of plastic.
I like the revised taillight concept. Round would be better (as always) but this design looks good
Old 10-24-2018, 02:23 PM
LT2UnderGlass
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Great job! Really looking forward to this version of the vette. Just hoping pricing isn't out of my range.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:45 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Well done bdsvavars! Excitement is building for 85% here. The other 15% are gagging. And that will always be the way, and importantly, do any of us in the 85% really care that 15% are not going to buy one?

I really like your tail lights, as both being very accurate and also very intersting (and consistent with what c7pimp sketched for us about six months ago.

The following users liked this post:
bdsvavars (10-24-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 05:53 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I love the forum. Corvette lovers just love to hate and bicker. The C6 was a 5.5 the C7 has an ugly butt. The C8, is no different than all the others that they didn't like/love. Right? No pop up headlights, Camaro tail lights, looks like a kit car. A man puts up a render in 3D which is pretty cool and the haters got to insight a triad of ugly while the likers go overboard the other way.
Just like when every new Corvette is introduced you get a lot of differing opinions with mine being the only right one. Every generation is messed up or is wonderful. Well it is good that there are a lot of cars out there and no one is forced to buy the new Corvette.
I really like the render and appreciate the effort put into making it and posting it here. There are parts of the car that look good, parts I don't care for. That's me, I don't mind that others have a different take on the car, good for them! I am not going to impose my taste on them nor do I expect them to do theirs on me. Even though that seems to be the general design of the haters, force it on others.
I am sure that when the car comes out we will all have a different viewpoint and the haters/likers will realign and the debates will start again. As for now I like what I seen but with a caveat, it is not perfect yet, may never be but it is still a step in the right direction.
Thanks for the post bdsvavars, well done
The following users liked this post:
NewYuriCity (10-26-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 10:02 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime
I like the revised taillight concept. Round would be better (as always) but this design looks good
This render does have something going for it. Nice work bd!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Full 360° render of the C8 Corvette