Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 supposed to look “almost identical” to LaFerrari; from the side.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 12:13 PM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,916 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
A supercar is much more than just performance. It also has exclusive and exotic characteristics. Everything about it is super, hence the term supercar. The ZR1 is probably right at the door of supercar status but definitely not the Z06 or base model. They are world-class performing sports cars.
No, again, you are confusing the terms "supercar" and "exotic car" which many do. Are the GT3 and GT2RS not supercars just because they are based on the common 911?

Supercar refers to performance (and I'm not talking straight-line, I'm talking about proper all-around sports car performance including handling); exotic car refers to the exclusive element you mentioned.

Last edited by ArmchairArchitect; 10-21-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:47 PM
Hammerhead69
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the C8 will resemble the NSX. I also think it will have a hybrid powertrain, like the NSX.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:17 AM
Ted P
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts

I think it will mostly resemble the Acura NSX. Here is the upgraded 2019 version . I htink the C8 needs to compete performance wise. pretty heavy at over 3800 lbs
Base Price: $159,300
Powertrain: Hybrid twin-turbo 3.5-liter V6, 9-speed dual-clutch transmission, AWD
Output: 573 system horsepower, 476 lb-ft system torque
Curb Weight: 3,878 pounds
0-60 MPH: 3.0 (est)

Last edited by Ted P; 10-23-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:28 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

One third the price, (around 65 grand)500 lbs less weight and no hybrid as a base model. Just a hopped up LT1to 490 hp and a 8 speed dct, mrc shocks would impress most of us.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:16 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Yes, I fully agree! I don't need anything to bust my c8 dreams of ownership until GM announces. It's like lottery day dreams until the drawing... ;-)
Originally Posted by JerriVette
One third the price, (around 65 grand)500 lbs less weight and no hybrid as a base model. Just a hopped up LT1to 490 hp and a 8 speed dct, mrc shocks would impress most of us.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:06 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect
No, again, you are confusing the terms "supercar" and "exotic car" which many do. Are the GT3 and GT2RS not supercars just because they are based on the common 911?

Supercar refers to performance (and I'm not talking straight-line, I'm talking about proper all-around sports car performance including handling); exotic car refers to the exclusive element you mentioned.
I haven't confused anything. There are exotic cars that are not supercars. Exotic also does not refer to exclusivity which is why they are two different words with two different meanings(this however, does not mean an exotic cant be exclusive and vice versa). Again, everything about a supercar is at a higher standard, not just performance - its interior/exterior design, technology, construction, materials, attainability. People seem to want to lower the standard of what makes a supercar so they can fill it with their blue-collar middle-class everyday sports cars. That just isn't the case.

Last edited by Sub Driver; 10-24-2018 at 12:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ByByBMW (10-24-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 12:21 PM
Atari_Prime
Drifting

Received 555 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
I haven't confused anything. There are exotic cars that are not supercars. Exotic also does not refer to exclusivity which is why they are two different words with two different meanings. Again, everything about a supercar is at a higher standard, not just performance - its interior/exterior design, technology, construction, materials, attainability. People seem to want to lower the standard of what makes a supercar so they can fill it with their blue-collar middle-class everyday sports cars. That just isn't the case.
Exotic Car, Super Car, Hyper Car, Pony Car, Sports Car, etc. are not clearly defined terms and people are free to define them how they wish. These words have been used interchangably at different times to attempt to define different things. A couple are even relatively modern inventions created by marketing people for the sole purpose of differentiating their car from the competition. It's fair to say that a Corvette is a sports car. It's fair to say that a Veyron is a sports car, but it is also thought of as an exotic car and a hyper car. Simply because a Veyron is in a more exclusive category of sports car, someone decided it needed a different word to describe it. Conversely, pony cars are often thought of as Mustangs and Camaros, but are they also sports cars? Many Corvette people would say no. Your insurance company would most assuredly say yes. Is a Triumph TR6 a sports car? It's very slow, so is the convertible nature what makes it a sports car or maybe the two seats? If two seats equates to sports car, then what is a 911? In short, all the terms above are BS. If it goes fast, you can probably call it a sports car. If it is rare, it's probably safe to call it exotic regardless of value or speed. Any more granular and you are making up your own definitions.
The following users liked this post:
msm859 (10-24-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 07:00 PM
The Saint
Team Owner

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C2C3C4C6
That would fine with me, now how to get one. My wife says I can't sell the C6 until I get it over 8,000 miles. I'm 73...time is running out; any suggestions?
Yes. Stop listening to your wife.

Quick Reply: C8 supposed to look “almost identical” to LaFerrari; from the side.