C8 already influencing the industry - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 already influencing the industry

Old 10-22-2018, 01:05 PM
  #1  
vettedna
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: BUD
Posts: 94
Thanked 76 Times in 30 Posts
Default C8 already influencing the industry

A couple of weeks ago we had a great talk with one of the forum members about new ME cars being developed in order to keep up with the C8. Here is one them that has been mentioned before. This Ferrari is the one that is bigger than the 488. Expect the debut very soon.
https://andoniscars.blogspot.com/201...-spied-in.html

About the ME AMG, Jag, Aston Valhalla and the others we will get back later on.
vettedna is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 01:12 PM
  #2  
firstvettesoon
CF Senior Member
 
firstvettesoon's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,331
Thanked 1,090 Times in 391 Posts
Default

Yes. I can see it.

Its disgusting that a company like Ferrari would resort to copying and he same black tarp “ look” of the C8 ! I am sure the GM engineers spent copious amounts of time developing that cloak of neutrality tarp technology. Disappointing!


firstvettesoon is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to firstvettesoon For This Useful Post:
ACCHRM (10-22-2018), GundamX7X (10-22-2018), Shaka (10-22-2018), sunsalem (10-22-2018), vettedna (10-23-2018), ZishanM (10-24-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 01:33 PM
  #3  
FrankLP
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
FrankLP's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha Nebraska
Posts: 2,733
Thanked 239 Times in 194 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
Default

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon View Post
Yes. I can see it.

Its disgusting that a company like Ferrari would resort to copying and he same black tarp “ look” of the C8 ! I am sure the GM engineers spent copious amounts of time developing that cloak of neutrality tarp technology. Disappointing!

FrankLP is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 01:33 PM
  #4  
keagan
CF Senior Member
 
keagan's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,550
Thanked 249 Times in 168 Posts
Default

Ok...
keagan is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 01:51 PM
  #5  
jamesampm
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Posts: 10
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Default

How dare Ferrari start making ME's only after Chevy did
jamesampm is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jamesampm For This Useful Post:
427muscle (10-24-2018), ACCHRM (10-22-2018), GundamX7X (10-22-2018), NAH801 (10-22-2018), sunsalem (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 01:52 PM
  #6  
vettedna
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: BUD
Posts: 94
Thanked 76 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon View Post
Yes. I can see it.

Its disgusting that a company like Ferrari would resort to copying and he same black tarp “ look” of the C8 ! I am sure the GM engineers spent copious amounts of time developing that cloak of neutrality tarp technology. Disappointing!


please do not be upset, they are in the position where the world used to revolve around them.
until now.
they had to react on this. they were just very undecided, because they are (secretly?) working on 4 parallel models, even on an entry level. just imagine how they feel after knowing that there is a company that can produce significantly more affordable products that are (almost) on par with theirs. and they see that writing on the wall, since this company is going to come out with the most efficient layout known to any sportscar. they have to act. their project started just before the 488 came out, right after the 458.
and they are not alone with this feeling. more manufacturers are actually waiting to see the C8. yes, all eyes are on the C8 right now. (probably they are on this very forum as well) we believe that the C8 is going to influence the entire market. we DO know that it will be a game changer. and we are not alone with this feeling and knowledge. in the background the engineers are working day and night on their mid-engine "answers" that are in various stages, not just Ferrari, Aston, AR, Jag, but also AMG, Lotus, BMW, Porsche, Audi just to name a few of them that are already trying to defeat the next gen Corvette.
we have sources in various places and they all tell the same thing. everyone is watching the Nurburgring, the VIR, they try to get as much information as possible regarding the C8 before launch. the fact is, the competition of the C8 is not even on the roads yet. they are yet to come out. ask anyone who is "deep insider" they can confirm this.
until know they were relatively safe, Corvette was FE, wasn't really a threat. now they know the storm is coming.
vettedna is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to vettedna For This Useful Post:
purple heart (10-25-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 01:54 PM
  #7  
ArmchairArchitect
CF Senior Member
 
ArmchairArchitect's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Posts: 795
Thanked 189 Times in 138 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vettedna View Post
A couple of weeks ago we had a great talk with one of the forum members about new ME cars being developed in order to keep up with the C8. Here is one them that has been mentioned before. This Ferrari is the one that is bigger than the 488. Expect the debut very soon.
https://andoniscars.blogspot.com/201...-spied-in.html

About the ME AMG, Jag, Aston Valhalla and the others we will get back later on.
Huh? Ferrari is ALWAYS developing new ME cars.
ArmchairArchitect is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArmchairArchitect For This Useful Post:
jamesampm (10-22-2018), vndkshn (10-25-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 01:56 PM
  #8  
vettedna
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: BUD
Posts: 94
Thanked 76 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect View Post
Huh? Ferrari is ALWAYS developing new ME cars.
true.
but this time something is different.
vettedna is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 01:59 PM
  #9  
C7pimp
CF Senior Member
 
C7pimp's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,480
Thanked 556 Times in 139 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vettedna View Post
true.
but this time something is different.

I don't think Ferrari is responding to GM over the Corvette at all.
C7pimp is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C7pimp For This Useful Post:
John T (10-22-2018), Johnsrx7 (10-25-2018), Mcrider (10-22-2018), PurpleLion (10-22-2018), Ryan R (10-23-2018), vndkshn (10-25-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 02:08 PM
  #10  
vettedna
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: BUD
Posts: 94
Thanked 76 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by C7pimp View Post
I don't think Ferrari is responding to GM over the Corvette at all.
who knows

officially never

Last edited by Steven Bell; 10-24-2018 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Merge Posts
vettedna is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to vettedna For This Useful Post:
purple heart (10-25-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 02:12 PM
  #11  
vetteman41960
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Posts: 335
Thanks: 0
Thanked 256 Times in 129 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vettedna View Post
please do not be upset, they are in the position where the world used to revolve around them.
until now.
they had to react on this. they were just very undecided, because they are (secretly?) working on 4 parallel models, even on an entry level. just imagine how they feel after knowing that there is a company that can produce significantly more affordable products that are (almost) on par with theirs. and they see that writing on the wall, since this company is going to come out with the most efficient layout known to any sportscar. they have to act. their project started just before the 488 came out, right after the 458.
and they are not alone with this feeling. more manufacturers are actually waiting to see the C8. yes, all eyes are on the C8 right now. (probably they are on this very forum as well) we believe that the C8 is going to influence the entire market. we DO know that it will be a game changer. and we are not alone with this feeling and knowledge. in the background the engineers are working day and night on their mid-engine "answers" that are in various stages, not just Ferrari, Aston, AR, Jag, but also AMG, Lotus, BMW, Porsche, Audi just to name a few of them that are already trying to defeat the next gen Corvette.
we have sources in various places and they all tell the same thing. everyone is watching the Nurburgring, the VIR, they try to get as much information as possible regarding the C8 before launch. the fact is, the competition of the C8 is not even on the roads yet. they are yet to come out. ask anyone who is "deep insider" they can confirm this.
until know they were relatively safe, Corvette was FE, wasn't really a threat. now they know the storm is coming.
Ferrari is not watching or concerned about the release of the C8.

Two totally different buyers expecting two totally different ownership experience.

No Ferrari owner is cross shopping Corvette Vs. FERRARI.

Now I think you will find many Ferrari owners purchase a C8 if it comes with a true DCT and DOHC technology.

The purchase will not replace the Ferrari but will ad a mid engine with supercar levels of performance for a reasonable price.

Most will then use the C8 as a daily or car that they don't have to concern them self with enormous depreciation by piling up the miles in the C8.

I think you find many Ferrari guys appreciate the Corvette for what it is and what it performance capabilities are.

I don't think the average Corvette guy appreciate what a Ferrari is and what make it a super car aside from just it's performance capabilities .

In fact on Ferrari chat anytime the Corvette is discussed it's always in a positive light.

On CF it seems many have bad things to say about Ferrari.

I chalk that up to folks who own Corvettes but have never driven a Ferrari or really taken the time to appreciate the old world craftsmenship blended with the latest technology.

That what makes a Ferrari a super car.

I love and appreciate my Corvette SC757 for what it is but I also love and appreciate my 458.

Two great cars but could not be any different from one another.

I think the C8 will be a great car. But it in noway will be cross shopped or comparable to a Ferrari.

The material alone separate the 2 cars as being vastly diffrent.

GM will give us a near super car performance level but on a budget that most middle class guys or gals can afford at 100k.

Ferrari does not have to concern themselves with material cost as a well option 458 / 488 are 300k plus and many approach 400k plus.


GM cannot be asked or expected to compete at price 200k to 300k less. It's just not possible aside from performance levels which GM will give us that on a budget and that speaks volumes for how great the CORVETTE team of design and engineers are.

Truly world class. I am excited to see the C8 and will most definitely add one to my garage.

Last edited by vetteman41960; 10-22-2018 at 02:24 PM.
vetteman41960 is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vetteman41960 For This Useful Post:
427muscle (10-24-2018), Kainedogg (10-22-2018), vndkshn (10-25-2018), ZishanM (10-24-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 02:24 PM
  #12  
jamesampm
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Posts: 10
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Default

All due respect but I don't think Ferrari give's a **** about what they're doing with the Corvette
jamesampm is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 02:25 PM
  #13  
vettedna
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: BUD
Posts: 94
Thanked 76 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vetteman41960 View Post
Ferrari is not watching or concerned about the release of the C8.

Two totally different buyers expecting two totally different ownership experience.

No Ferrari owner is cross shopping Corvette Vs. FERRARI.

Now I think you will find many Ferrari owners purchase a C8 if it comes with a true DCT and DOHC technology.

The purchase will not replace the Ferrari but will ad a mid engine with supercharged levels of performance for a reasonable price.

Most will then use the C8 as a daily or car that they don't have to concern them self with enormous depreciation by piling up the miles in the C8.

I think you find many Ferrari guys appreciate the Corvette for what it is and what it performance capabilities are.

I don't think the average Corvette guy appreciate what a Ferrari is and what make it a super car aside from just it's performance capabilities .

In fact very rare that on Ferrari chat anytime the Corvette is discussed it's always in a positive light.

On CF it semi many have bad thing to say about Ferrari.

I chalk that up to folks who own Corvettes but have never driven a Ferrari or really taken the time to appreciate the old world craftsmenship blended with the latest technology.

That what makes a Ferrari a super car.

I live and appreciate my Corvette SC757 for what it is but I also live and appreciate my 458.

Two great cars but could not be any different from one another.
i truly like your taste.
I believe I may have been misunderstandable (?). not the Ferrari drivers, or forums are watching the C8, but people in Maranello (and not only, also Zuffenhausen, Affalterbach, Gaydon etc) . it is not about the current Corvettes, this is only about the C8. they probably know something I don't
vettedna is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 03:09 PM
  #14  
AORoads
CF Senior Member
 
AORoads's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 43,084
Thanked 1,251 Times in 1,049 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"
Default

Looks like a pretty nice C8 ME design.
AORoads is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 03:37 PM
  #15  
alienranch
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
alienranch's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2008
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 2,116
Thanked 73 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Is he serious?
alienranch is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 03:48 PM
  #16  
Shaka
CF Senior Member
 
Shaka's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: FLL Florida
Posts: 2,173
Thanked 182 Times in 129 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jamesampm View Post
All due respect but I don't think Ferrari give's a **** about what they're doing with the Corvette
Originally Posted by vettedna View Post
please do not be upset, they are in the position where the world used to revolve around them.
until now.
they had to react on this. they were just very undecided, because they are (secretly?) working on 4 parallel models, even on an entry level. just imagine how they feel after knowing that there is a company that can produce significantly more affordable products that are (almost) on par with theirs. and they see that writing on the wall, since this company is going to come out with the most efficient layout known to any sportscar. they have to act. their project started just before the 488 came out, right after the 458.
and they are not alone with this feeling. more manufacturers are actually waiting to see the C8. yes, all eyes are on the C8 right now. (probably they are on this very forum as well) we believe that the C8 is going to influence the entire market. we DO know that it will be a game changer. and we are not alone with this feeling and knowledge. in the background the engineers are working day and night on their mid-engine "answers" that are in various stages, not just Ferrari, Aston, AR, Jag, but also AMG, Lotus, BMW, Porsche, Audi just to name a few of them that are already trying to defeat the next gen Corvette.
we have sources in various places and they all tell the same thing. everyone is watching the Nurburgring, the VIR, they try to get as much information as possible regarding the C8 before launch. the fact is, the competition of the C8 is not even on the roads yet. they are yet to come out. ask anyone who is "deep insider" they can confirm this.
until know they were relatively safe, Corvette was FE, wasn't really a threat. now they know the storm is coming.
Amazing the responses you are getting. There are many Vette owners that own Ferraris. That means that there are many Ferrari owners that also own Vettes. I've owned both also Porsche. I have buddies that own both cars plus others. Sports car aficionados abound. There are new materials and manufacturing methods that have not been employed on production cars before. It will be cheap to produce plus it will be strong and light. The money Corvette will save will be directed toward fit and finish. If you go to the Porsche and Ferrari factories, you will see Corvettes.I saw 4 Vettes at the factory when I took delivery of my Porsche. Do you know that every race series in the world, including F1 learns from NASCAR. Big 'ol pushrod engines turning at 9500 RPM with over 900 HP lasting 7 hours. Tires running constant high Gs at 200 mph. The C8 is going to sock to 'em big time. The American way, my friend.
Shaka is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shaka For This Useful Post:
John T (10-22-2018), vettedna (10-23-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 03:55 PM
  #17  
vettedna
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: BUD
Posts: 94
Thanked 76 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
Amazing the responses you are getting. There are many Vette owners that own Ferraris. That means that there are many Ferrari owners that also own Vettes. I've owned both also Porsche. I have buddies that own both cars plus others. Sports car aficionados abound. There are new materials and manufacturing methods that have not been employed on production cars before. It will be cheap to produce plus it will be strong and light. The money Corvette will save will be directed toward fit and finish. If you go to the Porsche and Ferrari factories, you will see Corvettes.I saw 4 Vettes at the factory when I took delivery of my Porsche. Do you know that every race series in the world, including F1 learns from NASCAR. Big 'ol pushrod engines turning at 9500 RPM with over 900 HP lasting 7 hours. Tires running constant high Gs at 200 mph. The C8 is going to sock to 'em big time. The American way, my friend.
exactly.

vettedna is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 04:00 PM
  #18  
PurpleLion
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Posts: 150
Thanked 62 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Ferrari - not; Porsche - definitely!
PurpleLion is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 04:06 PM
  #19  
ArmchairArchitect
CF Senior Member
 
ArmchairArchitect's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Posts: 795
Thanked 189 Times in 138 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vettedna View Post
true.
but this time something is different.
What was the point of this thread? Please be specific in what is different and how exactly the C8 is influencing Ferrari. You have provided zero basis for your speculation so far.
ArmchairArchitect is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to ArmchairArchitect For This Useful Post:
vndkshn (10-25-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 04:21 PM
  #20  
vettedna
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: BUD
Posts: 94
Thanked 76 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect View Post
What was the point of this thread? Please be specific in what is different and how exactly the C8 is influencing Ferrari. You have provided zero basis for your speculation so far.
true.
vettedna is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: