Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 already influencing the industry

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 12:05 PM
vettedna
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 47 Posts
Default C8 already influencing the industry

A couple of weeks ago we had a great talk with one of the forum members about new ME cars being developed in order to keep up with the C8. Here is one them that has been mentioned before. This Ferrari is the one that is bigger than the 488. Expect the debut very soon.
https://andoniscars.blogspot.com/201...-spied-in.html

About the ME AMG, Jag, Aston Valhalla and the others we will get back later on.

Popular Reply

10-22-2018, 12:12 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Yes. I can see it.

Its disgusting that a company like Ferrari would resort to copying and he same black tarp “ look” of the C8 ! I am sure the GM engineers spent copious amounts of time developing that cloak of neutrality tarp technology. Disappointing!

Old 10-22-2018, 12:12 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Yes. I can see it.

Its disgusting that a company like Ferrari would resort to copying and he same black tarp “ look” of the C8 ! I am sure the GM engineers spent copious amounts of time developing that cloak of neutrality tarp technology. Disappointing!

The following 6 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
ACCHRM (10-22-2018), GundamX7X (10-22-2018), Shaka (10-22-2018), sunsalem (10-22-2018), vettedna (10-23-2018), ZishanM (10-24-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-22-2018, 12:33 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
Yes. I can see it.

Old 10-22-2018, 12:33 PM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Received 876 Likes on 447 Posts

Ok...
Old 10-22-2018, 12:51 PM
jamesampm
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

How dare Ferrari start making ME's only after Chevy did
The following 5 users liked this post by jamesampm:
427muscle (10-24-2018), ACCHRM (10-22-2018), GundamX7X (10-22-2018), NAH801 (10-22-2018), sunsalem (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 12:52 PM
vettedna
Instructor

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
Yes. I can see it.

please do not be upset, they are in the position where the world used to revolve around them.
until now.
they had to react on this. they were just very undecided, because they are (secretly?) working on 4 parallel models, even on an entry level. just imagine how they feel after knowing that there is a company that can produce significantly more affordable products that are (almost) on par with theirs. and they see that writing on the wall, since this company is going to come out with the most efficient layout known to any sportscar. they have to act. their project started just before the 488 came out, right after the 458.
and they are not alone with this feeling. more manufacturers are actually waiting to see the C8. yes, all eyes are on the C8 right now. (probably they are on this very forum as well) we believe that the C8 is going to influence the entire market. we DO know that it will be a game changer. and we are not alone with this feeling and knowledge. in the background the engineers are working day and night on their mid-engine "answers" that are in various stages, not just Ferrari, Aston, AR, Jag, but also AMG, Lotus, BMW, Porsche, Audi just to name a few of them that are already trying to defeat the next gen Corvette.
we have sources in various places and they all tell the same thing. everyone is watching the Nurburgring, the VIR, they try to get as much information as possible regarding the C8 before launch. the fact is, the competition of the C8 is not even on the roads yet. they are yet to come out. ask anyone who is "deep insider" they can confirm this.
until know they were relatively safe, Corvette was FE, wasn't really a threat. now they know the storm is coming.
The following users liked this post:
purple heart (10-25-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 12:54 PM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,916 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Originally Posted by vettedna
A couple of weeks ago we had a great talk with one of the forum members about new ME cars being developed in order to keep up with the C8. Here is one them that has been mentioned before. This Ferrari is the one that is bigger than the 488. Expect the debut very soon.
https://andoniscars.blogspot.com/201...-spied-in.html

About the ME AMG, Jag, Aston Valhalla and the others we will get back later on.
Huh? Ferrari is ALWAYS developing new ME cars.
The following 2 users liked this post by ArmchairArchitect:
jamesampm (10-22-2018), vndkshn (10-25-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 12:56 PM
vettedna
Instructor

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect
Huh? Ferrari is ALWAYS developing new ME cars.
true.
but this time something is different.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:59 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

true.

I don't think Ferrari is responding to GM over the Corvette at all.
The following 6 users liked this post by C7pimp:
John T (10-22-2018), Johnsrx7 (10-25-2018), Mcrider (10-22-2018), PurpleLion (10-22-2018), Ryan R (10-23-2018), vndkshn (10-25-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-22-2018, 01:08 PM
vettedna
Instructor

Originally Posted by C7pimp
I don't think Ferrari is responding to GM over the Corvette at all.
who knows

officially never

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 10-24-2018 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Merge Posts
purple heart (10-25-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 01:12 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

please do not be upset, they are in the position where the world used to revolve around them.
until now.
they had to react on this. they were just very undecided, because they are (secretly?) working on 4 parallel models, even on an entry level. just imagine how they feel after knowing that there is a company that can produce significantly more affordable products that are (almost) on par with theirs. and they see that writing on the wall, since this company is going to come out with the most efficient layout known to any sportscar. they have to act. their project started just before the 488 came out, right after the 458.
and they are not alone with this feeling. more manufacturers are actually waiting to see the C8. yes, all eyes are on the C8 right now. (probably they are on this very forum as well) we believe that the C8 is going to influence the entire market. we DO know that it will be a game changer. and we are not alone with this feeling and knowledge. in the background the engineers are working day and night on their mid-engine "answers" that are in various stages, not just Ferrari, Aston, AR, Jag, but also AMG, Lotus, BMW, Porsche, Audi just to name a few of them that are already trying to defeat the next gen Corvette.
we have sources in various places and they all tell the same thing. everyone is watching the Nurburgring, the VIR, they try to get as much information as possible regarding the C8 before launch. the fact is, the competition of the C8 is not even on the roads yet. they are yet to come out. ask anyone who is "deep insider" they can confirm this.
until know they were relatively safe, Corvette was FE, wasn't really a threat. now they know the storm is coming.
Ferrari is not watching or concerned about the release of the C8.

Two totally different buyers expecting two totally different ownership experience.

No Ferrari owner is cross shopping Corvette Vs. FERRARI.

Now I think you will find many Ferrari owners purchase a C8 if it comes with a true DCT and DOHC technology.

The purchase will not replace the Ferrari but will ad a mid engine with supercar levels of performance for a reasonable price.

Most will then use the C8 as a daily or car that they don't have to concern them self with enormous depreciation by piling up the miles in the C8.

I think you find many Ferrari guys appreciate the Corvette for what it is and what it performance capabilities are.

I don't think the average Corvette guy appreciate what a Ferrari is and what make it a super car aside from just it's performance capabilities .

In fact on Ferrari chat anytime the Corvette is discussed it's always in a positive light.

On CF it seems many have bad things to say about Ferrari.

I chalk that up to folks who own Corvettes but have never driven a Ferrari or really taken the time to appreciate the old world craftsmenship blended with the latest technology.

That what makes a Ferrari a super car.

I love and appreciate my Corvette SC757 for what it is but I also love and appreciate my 458.

Two great cars but could not be any different from one another.

I think the C8 will be a great car. But it in noway will be cross shopped or comparable to a Ferrari.

The material alone separate the 2 cars as being vastly diffrent.

GM will give us a near super car performance level but on a budget that most middle class guys or gals can afford at 100k.

Ferrari does not have to concern themselves with material cost as a well option 458 / 488 are 300k plus and many approach 400k plus.

GM cannot be asked or expected to compete at price 200k to 300k less. It's just not possible aside from performance levels which GM will give us that on a budget and that speaks volumes for how great the CORVETTE team of design and engineers are.

Truly world class. I am excited to see the C8 and will most definitely add one to my garage.

Last edited by vetteman41960; 10-22-2018 at 01:24 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by vetteman41960:
427muscle (10-24-2018), Kainedogg (10-22-2018), vndkshn (10-25-2018), ZishanM (10-24-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 01:24 PM
jamesampm
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

All due respect but I don't think Ferrari give's a **** about what they're doing with the Corvette
Old 10-22-2018, 01:25 PM
vettedna
Instructor

Originally Posted by vetteman41960
Ferrari is not watching or concerned about the release of the C8.

Two totally different buyers expecting two totally different ownership experience.

No Ferrari owner is cross shopping Corvette Vs. FERRARI.

Now I think you will find many Ferrari owners purchase a C8 if it comes with a true DCT and DOHC technology.

The purchase will not replace the Ferrari but will ad a mid engine with supercharged levels of performance for a reasonable price.

Most will then use the C8 as a daily or car that they don't have to concern them self with enormous depreciation by piling up the miles in the C8.

I think you find many Ferrari guys appreciate the Corvette for what it is and what it performance capabilities are.

I don't think the average Corvette guy appreciate what a Ferrari is and what make it a super car aside from just it's performance capabilities .

In fact very rare that on Ferrari chat anytime the Corvette is discussed it's always in a positive light.

On CF it semi many have bad thing to say about Ferrari.

I chalk that up to folks who own Corvettes but have never driven a Ferrari or really taken the time to appreciate the old world craftsmenship blended with the latest technology.

That what makes a Ferrari a super car.

I live and appreciate my Corvette SC757 for what it is but I also live and appreciate my 458.

Two great cars but could not be any different from one another.
i truly like your taste.
I believe I may have been misunderstandable (?). not the Ferrari drivers, or forums are watching the C8, but people in Maranello (and not only, also Zuffenhausen, Affalterbach, Gaydon etc) . it is not about the current Corvettes, this is only about the C8. they probably know something I don't
Old 10-22-2018, 02:09 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Looks like a pretty nice C8 ME design.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:37 PM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Is he serious?
Old 10-22-2018, 02:48 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesampm
All due respect but I don't think Ferrari give's a **** about what they're doing with the Corvette
until now.
Amazing the responses you are getting. There are many Vette owners that own Ferraris. That means that there are many Ferrari owners that also own Vettes. I've owned both also Porsche. I have buddies that own both cars plus others. Sports car aficionados abound. There are new materials and manufacturing methods that have not been employed on production cars before. It will be cheap to produce plus it will be strong and light. The money Corvette will save will be directed toward fit and finish. If you go to the Porsche and Ferrari factories, you will see Corvettes.I saw 4 Vettes at the factory when I took delivery of my Porsche. Do you know that every race series in the world, including F1 learns from NASCAR. Big 'ol pushrod engines turning at 9500 RPM with over 900 HP lasting 7 hours. Tires running constant high Gs at 200 mph. The C8 is going to sock to 'em big time. The American way, my friend.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shaka:
John T (10-22-2018), vettedna (10-23-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 02:55 PM
vettedna
Instructor

Originally Posted by Shaka
Amazing the responses you are getting. There are many Vette owners that own Ferraris. That means that there are many Ferrari owners that also own Vettes. I've owned both also Porsche. I have buddies that own both cars plus others. Sports car aficionados abound. There are new materials and manufacturing methods that have not been employed on production cars before. It will be cheap to produce plus it will be strong and light. The money Corvette will save will be directed toward fit and finish. If you go to the Porsche and Ferrari factories, you will see Corvettes.I saw 4 Vettes at the factory when I took delivery of my Porsche. Do you know that every race series in the world, including F1 learns from NASCAR. Big 'ol pushrod engines turning at 9500 RPM with over 900 HP lasting 7 hours. Tires running constant high Gs at 200 mph. The C8 is going to sock to 'em big time. The American way, my friend.
exactly.

Get notified of new replies

To C8 already influencing the industry

Old 10-22-2018, 03:00 PM
PurpleLion
Burning Brakes

Received 857 Likes on 392 Posts

Ferrari - not; Porsche - definitely!
Old 10-22-2018, 03:06 PM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,916 Likes on 1,616 Posts

true.
What was the point of this thread? Please be specific in what is different and how exactly the C8 is influencing Ferrari. You have provided zero basis for your speculation so far.
vndkshn (10-25-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 03:21 PM
vettedna
Instructor

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect
What was the point of this thread? Please be specific in what is different and how exactly the C8 is influencing Ferrari. You have provided zero basis for your speculation so far.
true.

Quick Reply: C8 already influencing the industry