Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chazcron's 3D model work in progress

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 03:24 AM
Corvette_Nut
Melting Slicks

Location: Hailing From The Mean Streets Of Irvine, California
Received 4,153 Likes on 1,314 Posts

Interesting.....

Save The Wave,
Corvette_Nut
The following 3 users liked this post by Corvette_Nut:
bigblock427 (11-25-2018), TSanders (11-28-2018), Zaro Tundov (11-25-2018)
Old 11-25-2018, 04:06 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Originally Posted by Zevo
The new red renders give me some hope. I think they look better. Again, really nice job chazcron. I’ll keep my fingers crossed
+1 for Hopes and Dreams.

Last edited by WICKEDFRC; 11-25-2018 at 04:08 AM.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:23 AM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Received 1,039 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Nut
Interesting.....

Save The Wave,
Corvette_Nut
Whoa, nice find! Combined with the camo shots below it's easy to see the real scoop underneath.

Old 11-25-2018, 09:57 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

The Cadillac XT4 is GM’s most recent design. Usually the “flagship” of the company enjoys the most radical design. The XT4 is very understated. This latest vehicle may predict GM’s design direction. I believe the side inlet on the C8 will be much more subtle than the Chazcron drawings and I would predict that the different details on the car share equal billing for a more balanced design. In most of these drawings the side scoop overwhelms any other design detail on the car.
The following 2 users liked this post by John T:
firstvettesoon (11-25-2018), Zaro Tundov (11-25-2018)
Old 11-25-2018, 10:06 AM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Nut
Interesting.....

Save The Wave,
Corvette_Nut
Yes,that circled portion is pretty much still in the air...

Simply removing the black trim that Chazcron drew,
would automaticaly back up the scoop,and give us the silhouette that we see under that thin panel.

I think the great Chazcron did it again...
His view of the front,rear and hatch (in my opinion )are perfect and nasty close to the real thing.

I’m sure,in time ...he is going the nail the scoop.
The following users liked this post:
Zaro Tundov (11-25-2018)
Old 11-25-2018, 03:07 PM
SoCalC7
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 70 Posts

This is finally getting good!

Nice work. Hopeful.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:05 AM
GordyRay
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 62 Posts

CHAZCRON,
Great work dude!!! I really like what you have done here. I am a fan of FVS and now you too. If the ME looks anything close to what you have here, it will be a killer car in-person. 2-dimension viewing is not accurate to the overall appeal of a car. Just go to several car shows and then you realize that pictures just don't do it fairly.
So if a car looks anything decent in a photo, in person it normally is fantastic. I am a GO for this car. Thank you for all your time and effort. It has been fun.
Very Respectfully,
Thrust

chazcron (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 12:14 AM
chazcron
Racer

Received 2,829 Likes on 358 Posts

The following 5 users liked this post by chazcron:
elegant (11-26-2018), Foosh (11-26-2018), george vee (11-26-2018), mre1974 (11-27-2018), Wass (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 01:39 AM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Received 495 Likes on 260 Posts
Default The Stepford Corvette Forum

Originally Posted by Zaro Tundov
Whoa, nice find! Combined with the camo shots below it's easy to see the real scoop underneath.

What the bloody hell? Between the discussions about "Scoop trim treatment" and "Door latch placement" has ANYBODY noticed?

This is a bloated, ungainly, design?
Old 11-26-2018, 02:00 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by IronV
What the bloody hell? Between the discussions about "Scoop trim treatment" and "Door latch placement" has ANYBODY noticed?

... glad you reminded us iron!
Old 11-26-2018, 02:47 AM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Default Sorry about the obvious...

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=firstvettesoon;1598395024]

I apologize...

Let's get back to door latches, scoop trim color, round tail lights et al...

Basic issues of design have no place here. What the car actually looks like is not relevant.

Gotcha.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:05 AM
SoCalC7
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 70 Posts

Lol. Please do show us how it’s done....

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon

I apologize...

Basic issues of design have no place here. What the car actually looks like is not relevant.

Gotcha.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:56 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon

I apologize...

Gotcha.
[QUOTE=IronV;1598395055]

It’s not that you can’t discuss basic design issues. But the issues you repeatedly bring forward are really non-issues. The complaints you seem to have or not based in reality. The car is simply not short and stubby. The car does not have a tremendously high beltline the nose is not too high unless you consider the C7 nose too high. The maul of a mouth is not really a maul any more than other cars in the same category. We don't know what is filling the openings in the paint shop nose. Whatever fills it will no doubt be necessary for performance. I can all but guarantee you that none of these particular complaints are true unless you feel the same way about the C7. All of the design parameters seem to be essentially the same as the C7. (see original test mules below) You need to have just a tiny bit of faith that the Corvette designers are not total buffoons and all of a sudden decided to change the Corvette design brief and mission.

The way you post about it makes it sound like the Corvette designers all got together one day and decided to abandon all of the design sensibility and performance engineering learned over the last 50 years. Their new design mandate has been changed to craft a car that will be repugnant to all current Corvette owners and will not have a chance to attract any sports or performance car owners of other brands. They were ordered to be sure to make it short and squat - bloated and blocky enough so they do not receive any favorable reviews and that its design is touted as one of the worst automotive designs in history.!

We love you Iron, but maybe you can temper your posts with a minimal amount of hope? In reality, we are all just speculating. Yes we see a car covered in camo. It doesn’t look tsuper exotic or interesting... yet. It’s not supposed to. They are trying to keep the reveal exciting and interesting for us after all. Important details are still hidden. Even the rendering are only giving a basic view of what could potentially be under the camo.

We all have our hopes and fears for this new revolutionary… (For Corvette anyway) Sports/super car but most everyone’s fears are not quite as hysterical. We all, or mostly all, have adopted a wait and see attitude. There is no commitment made to purchasing or even liking the car before it is actually announced or revealed. So why worry yourself with constant disapproval of a design you can’t really even see yet.? Again, your biggest complaint is your estimation of the proportions and height of the car... even tho I have shown with overlays that the size and basic shape and proportions of the c8 is very similar to the McLaren and Ferrari 488. Maybe you don't like those designs either?...and that's ok. The camo cars simply don’t show enough references to make the overall proportions and stance 100% clear. Maybe the 3d models will help.

My advice is to try and remember that the glass is not half empty. ! It also not half full. It is always full!

PS: Even tho these are "early" test mules, the basic shape and size of the car has not changed much.

Hope this helps ease your mind...

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 11-26-2018 at 06:15 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
dreamr616 (11-26-2018), Foosh (11-27-2018), MikeG37 (11-27-2018), VETTE-NV (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 09:20 PM
Ronstar
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 46 Posts

if I didn’t know better ....I would think Iron doesn’t like it😁
Old 11-26-2018, 10:16 PM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

[quote=firstvettesoon;1598398551]

It’s not that you can’t discuss basic design issues. But the issues you repeatedly bring forward are really non-issues. The complaints you seem to have or not based in reality. The car is simply not short and stubby. The car does not have a tremendously high beltline the nose is not too high unless you consider the C7 nose too high. The maul of a mouth is not really a maul any more than other cars in the same category. We don't know what is filling the openings in the paint shop nose. Whatever fills it will no doubt be necessary for performance. I can all but guarantee you that none of these particular complaints are true unless you feel the same way about the C7. All of the design parameters seem to be essentially the same as the C7. (see original test mules below) You need to have just a tiny bit of faith that the Corvette designers are not total buffoons and all of a sudden decided to change the Corvette design brief and mission.

The way you post about it makes it sound like the Corvette designers all got together one day and decided to abandon all of the design sensibility and performance engineering learned over the last 50 years. Their new design mandate has been changed to craft a car that will be repugnant to all current Corvette owners and will not have a chance to attract any sports or performance car owners of other brands. They were ordered to be sure to make it short and squat - bloated and blocky enough so they do not receive any favorable reviews and that its design is touted as one of the worst automotive designs in history.!

We love you Iron, but maybe you can temper your posts with a minimal amount of hope? In reality, we are all just speculating. Yes we see a car covered in camo. It doesn’t look tsuper exotic or interesting... yet. It’s not supposed to. They are trying to keep the reveal exciting and interesting for us after all. Important details are still hidden. Even the rendering are only giving a basic view of what could potentially be under the camo.

We all have our hopes and fears for this new revolutionary… (For Corvette anyway) Sports/super car but most everyone’s fears are not quite as hysterical. We all, or mostly all, have adopted a wait and see attitude. There is no commitment made to purchasing or even liking the car before it is actually announced or revealed. So why worry yourself with constant disapproval of a design you can’t really even see yet.? Again, your biggest complaint is your estimation of the proportions and height of the car... even tho I have shown with overlays that the size and basic shape and proportions of the c8 is very similar to the McLaren and Ferrari 488. Maybe you don't like those designs either?...and that's ok. The camo cars simply don’t show enough references to make the overall proportions and stance 100% clear. Maybe the 3d models will help.

My advice is to try and remember that the glass is not half empty. ! It also not half full. It is always full!

PS: Even tho these are "early" test mules, the basic shape and size of the car has not changed much.

Hope this helps ease your mind...
I've posted this link before, but never has it been more appropriate:

firstvettesoon (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 02:31 AM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Default It's not about what "I like" or "Don't like"

Originally Posted by Ronstar

if I didn’t know better....I would think Iron doesn’t like it��

It's about REALITY.

I am a passionate fan of the Corvette. It represents the best auto engineering in the world. There is no close second place.

But these discussions and renderings revolve around peoples' hopes and optimism. Not what is actually represented in the physical evidence.

Maybe I'm wrong. I HOPE TO GOD I AM WRONG!

Do you get it? It's not about what I like and don't like.

Discussions of door latches, carbon fiber scoop edges etc, coupled with renderings that are WILDLY optimistic and contrary to the physical evidence, are pointless.

EVERY rendering shows off a long, streamlined nose. But the photographs of the real deal don't support that. That sucker is one flat, short, vertical nose.

What the hell is controversial about that? Why am I an ******* for pointing out the obvious?

Last edited by IronV; 11-27-2018 at 02:32 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:53 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

It's about REALITY.

I am a passionate fan of the Corvette. It represents the best auto engineering in the world. There is no close second place.

But these discussions and renderings revolve around peoples' hopes and optimism. Not what is actually represented in the physical evidence.

Discussions of door latches, carbon fiber scoop edges etc, coupled with renderings that are WILDLY optimistic and contrary to the physical evidence, are pointless.

EVERY rendering shows off a long, streamlined nose. But the photographs of the real deal don't support that. That sucker is one flat, short, vertical nose.

What the hell is controversial about that? Why am I an ******* for pointing out the obvious?
Because you do it over and over and over and over....It gets tiresome. You get tiresome. It’s annoying. We get it, OK?

And since you’re so firmly based in reality, maybe you should take a closer look. The best of these renderings are based very closely on the camo cars. You seem to be seeing things that no one else does. And that’s fine. But you’ve made your point. Enough already.
The following 2 users liked this post by VETTE-NV:
CorvettoBrando (11-27-2018), Rapid Fred (11-27-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To chazcron's 3D model work in progress

Old 11-27-2018, 09:46 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

It's about REALITY.

What's annoying people about you is that you keep saying it over and over again. Those of us following this subject fully understand your current angst. You don't have to keep repeating it.

My feelings are in synch w/ FVS's thoughtful post above. I don't know whether I'm going to like it or not, but I am hopeful I will because I know full well that camo guys always do a great job of hiding what the design is going to look like. I'm reasonably confident the final product will be a pleasing design that pays homage to the C7 and "looks like a Corvette."

If I don't like it, I'll get over it very quickly and move on to something else.

Last edited by Foosh; 11-27-2018 at 09:47 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Foosh:
CorvettoBrando (11-27-2018), firstvettesoon (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 10:55 AM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

Oh, are we at the "IronV STFU" portion of this merry-go-round again?

Carry on.
CorvettoBrando (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 11:04 AM
KombatKing
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 69 Posts

Wait! Iron V doesn't like the new design language?

Who knew?!

~KK

Quick Reply: chazcron's 3D model work in progress