C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chazcron's 3D model work in progress

Old 12-31-2018, 04:03 PM
John T
CF Senior Member

Liked 123 Times in 76 Posts

Styling is so subjective! I was second in line at Criswell for the C7 in 14' and I turned it down because I was still pining over my C6 Z06 and did not find the new C7 attractive.
I do feel good vibes about the fenders on Chazcron's concept, they have a lot of Corvette DNA.
The following users liked this post: John T
Foosh (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 04:35 PM
Shaka
CF Senior Member

Liked 471 Times in 293 Posts

Originally Posted by chazcron View Post

How ironic. Shaka, what image do you think I used as reference for eight hours yesterday? I roughly lined up my model with this image as a rotoscope. That’s how I came up with the realization I need a 20% more length on the window. Getting the focal length of the camera and the distance from the car proves to be very difficult. And even when you’re pretty close, you can still get the proportions wrong. I’ll post a screencap GIF of what I tried last night, But I’m pretty sure nothing I can show you will satisfy you. And if, as you claim, you’ve given up all hope, does that mean your rants in this thread will cease?
For this year anyway. Lets hope that you will be a better student next year. You are on double secret probation until then. These don't look like straight lines to me. 0/10, fail.

Old 12-31-2018, 05:48 PM
Jerradl1987
CF Senior Member

Liked 149 Times in 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
For this year anyway. Lets hope that you will be a better student next year. You are on double secret probation until then. These don't look like straight lines to me. 0/10, fail.
hey Shaka since you know everything there is to know about this car and apparently every mechanical machine ever created since the dawn of time. Why don’t you put your skills where your mouth is and do a render? I’m sure with how intelligent you are and how you are a corvette owner you can surely afford a computer program that can render things instead of using yours to be a *****? I mean you have a comment for every damn render/drawing on the forum but yet all you talk about is dumb **** like “co Effecient drag” or “maximum downforce stabilization” or “Optimus prime fortification tubular lift ports” instead of talking **** on people and their hard work trying to make something we are all excited for, take your comments and shove them up your ***. Because quite frankly you and your buddy iron v should be on a VTEC forum trolling Honda guys instead with your bullshit. Now was that comment accurate enough for you or am I batting zero still?
The following users liked this post: Jerradl1987
smoove7410 (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 06:22 PM
Quinten33
CF Senior Member

Liked 284 Times in 142 Posts

Old 12-31-2018, 06:32 PM
firstvettesoon
CF Senior Member

Liked 1,393 Times in 525 Posts

Happy New Year everyone!

: )
The following 3 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
jdvann (12-31-2018), smoove7410 (12-31-2018), Viper (01-01-2019)
Old 12-31-2018, 06:37 PM
WICKEDFRC
CF Senior Member

Liked 302 Times in 164 Posts

My bad Chazcron. Can you make THIS exact photo/render in AW? Or is this not your work?
Old 12-31-2018, 06:42 PM
Shaka
CF Senior Member

Liked 471 Times in 293 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerradl1987 View Post

“Optimus prime fortification tubular lift ports” your buddy iron v should be on a VTEC Now was that comment accurate enough for you or am I batting zero still?
Well I thought I knew everything, but that Optimus Port thingy has got me beat. I'm afraid that I may have to bow to your superior intellect. But first, I will seek council from my buddy Iron V, but I know what he is going to say. 'Zeros always bat zero'. Why do you suppose Chaz baby straightened out the those crooked lines and that his scoop shape is actually the shape of inner ducting below the surface. I don't think his elevator makes it to the top floor but it is better than yours which remains in the basement. I hope the new year brings you some relief. Iron V will be along shortly to provide you with some much needed counseling. Hang loose. Peace.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:09 PM
vetteman41960
CF Senior Member

Liked 358 Times in 180 Posts

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC View Post
My bad Chazcron. Can you make THIS exact photo/render in AW? Or is this not your work?
Wow! Just great work Chazron. Your extremely talented and I am excited every time you provide another update.

I think the Black looks great. Changes my mind as I was thinking White with Red guts .

Seeing this in Black I changed my mind. I already have a Black with red gut SC757 and Black with red guts 458.

Seeing this it looks like a may add another black with red to my garage.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Happy New Year to all my fellow car guys and gals here on CF.
The following users liked this post: vetteman41960
chazcron (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 07:17 PM
vetteman41960
CF Senior Member

Liked 358 Times in 180 Posts

Well I thought I knew everything, but that Optimus Port thingy has got me beat. I'm afraid that I may have to bow to your superior intellect. But first, I will seek council from my buddy Iron V, but I know what he is going to say. 'Zeros always bat zero'. Why do you suppose Chaz baby straightened out the those crooked lines and that his scoop shape is actually the shape of inner ducting below the surface. I don't think his elevator makes it to the top floor but it is better than yours which remains in the basement. I hope the new year brings you some relief. Iron V will be along shortly to provide you with some much needed counseling. Hang loose. Peace.
I think your missing the point. Like the C8 rendering or not it's clear that Chazron has spent great deal of time and is extremely talented at doing these renders.

So of course you have a right to be crital of his interpretation of the C8 but it be nice if you could acknowledge his efforts and skills rather than just blasting his hard work.

I am no design expert but I would gladly ad this Black rendered C8 to my garage based on how his rendering looks.

Just need a high reving DOHC & DCT with a HTC and I will order day 1.

Old 12-31-2018, 07:48 PM
Jerradl1987
CF Senior Member

just like I said you can’t back your words up with a rendering of your own. Why? Because you are not intelligent enough to do **** on a computer besides like I said again Run your mouth. You are the type of guy that sits at work in the ******* pinching a loaf on your phone looking for every little minuscule detail to bitch about. Never are you saying great work or very impressed. I’ll bet you $5 and my left nut you’re wife left you and now you have nothing left to do besides get on here talk **** and pay someone to do your oil changes on your ugly yellow banana Vette of yours.

Last edited by Jerradl1987; 12-31-2018 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:55 PM
chazcron
CF Senior Member

Liked 1,625 Times in 229 Posts

I have to say, Prof Shaka, I find your grading and crease interpretation somewhat lacking. I present my midterm and grade myself an 8.5 out of 10. If I correct for your pedantically correct note that the center is more rounded (which it is) I get a 9 out of 10. I have to stop wasting my time proving you (mostly) wrong and get back to modeling. I do appreciate your input, Perhaps in the future, you could tone down or jettison your tendancy to rant and stick to constructive proportional and style suggestions.

The following 3 users liked this post by chazcron:
Corvette_Nut (01-01-2019), elegant (01-01-2019), Tool Hoarder (01-03-2019)
Old 12-31-2018, 07:58 PM
chazcron
CF Senior Member

Sorry Wick, Yes it is my work, but I don't save every camera angle and my lighting setup has changed again but could try to get close. I assume AW means white?
Old 12-31-2018, 08:00 PM
Foosh
CF Senior Member

Liked 6,965 Times in 3,982 Posts

Originally Posted by John T View Post
Styling is so subjective! I was second in line at Criswell for the C7 in 14' and I turned it down because I was still pining over my C6 Z06 and did not find the new C7 attractive.
I do feel good vibes about the fenders on Chazcron's concept, they have a lot of Corvette DNA.
Excellent observation! Over the years, I've not initially been thrilled with many designs that ultimately grew on me, and I ended up purchasing.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:02 PM
chazcron
CF Senior Member

Why do you suppose Chaz baby straightened out the those crooked lines and that his scoop shape is actually the shape of inner ducting below the surface.
He's right about both. Dammit. My elevator is known to be wonky. But my sense of humor is a crooked fire escape.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:02 PM
chazcron
CF Senior Member

Arctic White and since it's New Year's Eve, a body colored scoop, too.
The following 12 users liked this post by chazcron:
Ammo (01-01-2019), CAB6 (01-01-2019), Corvette_Nut (01-01-2019), elegant (12-31-2018), Jackie Chiles (01-01-2019), jdvann (12-31-2018), kingpin111 (01-01-2019), Lotsacubes (12-31-2018), RedDropTop (01-06-2019), Tool Hoarder (01-03-2019), tractman (12-31-2018), Wass (01-03-2019)
Old 12-31-2018, 09:10 PM
WICKEDFRC
CF Senior Member

Arctic White and since it's New Year's Eve, a body colored scoop, too.

That's looking much nicer with a matching air intake side scoop. Would even look better with nicer wheels. Hahaha.

Thank you Chazcron!! Happy New Years to you too.
The following 2 users liked this post by WICKEDFRC:
chazcron (12-31-2018), jdvann (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 10:00 PM
tractman
CF Senior Member

Liked 358 Times in 217 Posts

Thanks Chazcron....you do incredible work. Thank you for the amount of time you spend doing these renders....there are more of us out here than you know who appreciates what you are doing. Keep up the great work. I'm saving everyone of your renders....its going to be fun when C8 is finally revealed for more ways than you can imagine....but one way will be to see how close you are. Happy New Year!
The following users liked this post: tractman
chazcron (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 10:32 PM
Jerradl1987
CF Senior Member

That's looking much nicer with a matching air intake side scoop. Would even look better with nicer wheels. Hahaha.

Thank you Chazcron!! Happy New Years to you too.
looks amazing as usual Chazcron! Always impressed with your work no matter what the 2 morons on this forum say. Happy new year
Old 12-31-2018, 11:20 PM
WICKEDFRC
CF Senior Member

With Chazcron's expressed permission and authorization, I tweaked his Arctic White C8 render posted above. Nothing fancy. Nothing extreme.

As you can see, I swapped out the stock wheels with my favorites, the CCW C15s. This is a Photoshop hack and the wheel hubs are not centered.

I also smoothed/blurred out the "paint" on the door and darkened the windows and passenger side headlamp.

Now if I knew how to "lower" the car in Photoshop. Hahahah.

The following users liked this post: WICKEDFRC
Jackie Chiles (01-01-2019)
Old 01-01-2019, 01:10 AM
jdvann
CF Senior Member

Liked 206 Times in 165 Posts

With Chazcron's expressed permission and authorization, I tweaked his Arctic White C8 render posted above. Nothing fancy. Nothing extreme.

As you can see, I swapped out the stock wheels with my favorites, the CCW C15s. This is a Photoshop hack and the wheel hubs are not centered.

I also smoothed/blurred out the "paint" on the door and darkened the windows and passenger side headlamp.

Now if I knew how to "lower" the car in Photoshop. Hahahah.

The one thing I hope never changes is Corvette owners making them their own...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: chazcron's 3D model work in progress

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: