C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chazcron's 3D model work in progress

Old 03-25-2019, 08:40 AM
C2C3C4C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 32 Times in 15 Posts

Would like to see in all black; get rid of all the white panels.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:43 AM
foreverfuelie
CF Senior Member

Liked 121 Times in 96 Posts

Only because you asked,😂. I would really like to see smaller/lower front openings (moving in the direction of your ĎAí arrow. Incidentally the smaller grille openings seem to be seen but shadowed by the camo mesh. Or that may just be an ďoptimal dilutionĒ , or wishful thinking, on my part. 🤣. Just keep up the great work! Thank you Chaz.👍
Old 03-25-2019, 02:33 PM
IronV
CF Senior Member

Liked 254 Times in 168 Posts
Default Cacophony of lines, camo padding, and a promise to you all on CF!

Originally Posted by Zaro Tundov View Post
Those who find the test C8s ugly really need to understand that that's exactly what GM wants you to think of the test cars. They arrange foam padding under the vinyl wrap to create the suggestion of a fat brick with a cacophony of lines etched into it.

BTW, I love that phrase, "cacophony of lines." I'm going to steal it if you don't mind.
I do understand the padding, cladding, etc is a factor. And I usually qualify my opinions by saying "what I'm seeing so far."

To quote Steve Martin "I... forgot..."

Anyway, I hope, hope, hope, the camo is hiding a sculpted, shapely, sexy car. But those contrasting photos with the Ferrari were frankly a gut shot. I'm not seeing how they can get from here, to there. But I could be wrong...

Did you see the movie, "The Favorite?"

There's this great scene where they pay a pathetic fat guy to get up in front of a crowd naked so the crowd can pelt him with fruit as he dances to dodge the oranges and tomatoes. (People knew how to have a good time in the 18th Century!) If the C8 is revealed to be as shapely, sleek, and cohesive as the Ferrari, I will attend the Corvette Forum C8 reveal party and similarly let all of you pelt me with fruit as I dance.

But if Chazcron's renders are 50% close or better, C7 Pimp and that guy with the Rocky avatar are going to be very disappointed. Then we're back to the Aztek/Vette hybrid arrival car.

And, Zaro, please, with my compliments, use the cacophony of lines all you want. But my terrible confession is that as I started typing the word "cacophony," I realized I had no idea how to spell "cacophony." So that was just plain dumb luck.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:59 PM
Houston Z33
CF Senior Member

Liked 26 Times in 17 Posts

Remember when the C7 was camo'd and how "Brick Like" it was?

A naked C7 is anything but "Brick Like"
The following users liked this post: Houston Z33
IronV (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 04:37 PM
chazcron
CF Senior Member

Liked 1,635 Times in 229 Posts

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ View Post
So, with A and C on this new ME pic posted yesterday what, if anything will you change on the front and scoop of your renders?

No. I already know the front of my hood is a little too high (but not too much), but I can't easily move it down more than I already have without destroying the flow to the sides.

And my scoop/door crease already swoops up a little bit.
The following users liked this post: chazcron
TSanders (03-28-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 05:32 PM
Mr. Peabody
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 160 Times in 139 Posts

Originally Posted by chazcron View Post
Let's get a little frunky, throw everything wide open.

Well damn, you certainly got the color right

Thank you I enjoy your renderings!
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr. Peabody:
Ammo (03-26-2019), r00t61 (04-06-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 07:07 PM
firstvettesoon
CF Senior Member

Liked 1,398 Times in 528 Posts

Originally Posted by IronV View Post
I do understand the padding, cladding, etc is a factor. And I usually qualify my opinions by saying "what I'm seeing so far."

Anyway, I hope, hope, hope, the camo is hiding a sculpted, shapely, sexy car. But those contrasting photos with the Ferrari were frankly a gut shot. I'm not seeing how they can get from here, to there. But I could be wrong...

There's this great scene where they pay a pathetic fat guy to get up in front of a crowd naked so the crowd can pelt him with fruit as he dances to dodge the oranges and tomatoes. (People knew how to have a good time in the 18th Century!) If the C8 is revealed to be as shapely, sleek, and cohesive as the Ferrari, I will attend the Corvette Forum C8 reveal party and similarly let all of you pelt me with fruit as I dance.

But if Chazcron's renders are 50% close or better, C7 Pimp and that guy with the Rocky avatar are going to be very disappointed. Then we're back to the Aztek/Vette hybrid arrival car.

And, Zaro, please, with my compliments, use the cacophony of lines all you want. But my terrible confession is that as I started typing the word "cacophony," I realized I had no idea how to spell "cacophony." So that was just plain dumb luck.
... and here I thought cacophony meant imitation chocolate...

; )
The following users liked this post: firstvettesoon
Shaka (03-26-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 07:09 PM
IronV
CF Senior Member

FVS, assumed you were laying low until the indictment thing blew over.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:53 PM
firstvettesoon
CF Senior Member

FVS, assumed you were laying low until the indictment thing blew over.
indictment thing? Did I miss something?
Old 03-25-2019, 09:55 PM
IronV
CF Senior Member

Don't play innocent. But I won't tell.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:26 PM
MikeG37
CF Senior Member

Liked 350 Times in 202 Posts

Indictment thing??

Old 03-25-2019, 10:37 PM
IronV
CF Senior Member

Default The boy don't listen to good...

Originally Posted by MikeG37 View Post
Indictment thing??

That was a joke, son.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:46 AM
nvusgt
CF Senior Member

Liked 113 Times in 60 Posts

Here's the underlying problem with your proposal, it's based on your opinion of what constitutes, "a sculpted, shapely, sexy car," eye of the beholder and all that. So as hilarious as it would be to see you pelted with fruit at the C8 reveal, it takes nothing for you to stick with your current opinion that it's essentially an ugly car. I understand the, "I'm a man of my word," etc, but again there's absolutely nothing keeping you actually obligated to whatever arbitrary ridicule you concoct.

So please, continue to discuss how ugly it is, how you think it will never measure up to Ferrari, and how GM failed at designing a truly wonderful masterpiece, as you have for the last 80 pages. Cool? Alright cool.

Last edited by nvusgt; 03-26-2019 at 07:47 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by nvusgt:
AEmedic (03-26-2019), AVETTE (04-05-2019), CorvettoBrando (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 08:19 AM
CRABBYJ
CF Senior Member

Liked 390 Times in 233 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by chazcron View Post
No. I already know the front of my hood is a little too high (but not too much), but I can't easily move it down more than I already have without destroying the flow to the sides.

And my scoop/door crease already swoops up a little bit.
No, but I understand how hard it is to incorporate new details to your already extensive work. However, itís these potential new detail revelations that make all the difference. See this original post #17 by me on this subject from this other CF thread.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-carolina.html

This render (by ?) which today appears on the CF logo on screen when you click on the picture actually shows what Iím seeing. Itís the raised definition across the door continuing beyond the scoop on to the lower rear fender panel.

P. S. Your renderís open rear hatch showing the engine and truck looks great! Still not liking that wide black cove detail.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:56 AM
firstvettesoon
CF Senior Member

Don't play innocent. But I won't tell.

The following users liked this post: firstvettesoon
IronV (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 02:00 PM
IronV
CF Senior Member

Default Upton vs Roethlisberger, Shape vs the Suggestion of Shape

Originally Posted by nvusgt View Post
Here's the underlying problem with your proposal, it's based on your opinion of what constitutes, "a sculpted, shapely, sexy car," eye of the beholder and all that. So as hilarious as it would be to see you pelted with fruit at the C8 reveal, it takes nothing for you to stick with your current opinion that it's essentially an ugly car. I understand the, "I'm a man of my word," etc, but again there's absolutely nothing keeping you actually obligated to whatever arbitrary ridicule you concoct.

So please, continue to discuss how ugly it is, how you think it will never measure up to Ferrari, and how GM failed at designing a truly wonderful masterpiece, as you have for the last 80 pages. Cool? Alright cool.
Please read these next 4 sentences slowly and sound out the words: I don't know if the C8 will be an ugly car. I don't know if my speculative criticisms are warranted. The prototypes may be adorned with camo that truly hides their voluptuous profiles. It's possible.

But that's not what Chaz's expert renders depict. And Chaz has a great track record in these matters.

The RENDERS thus far--not all, but most--reveal a car that has suggestions of shape, but little actual shape, permeated with etched-in lines. Shape is indeed a relative thing. So let's be relative...

RELATIVE to the Ferrari, the C3, and the C7, the design that APPEARS to be emerging has RELATIVELY little shape. I don't think I'm saying anything controversial here. Look at Chaz's beautiful renders, then look at the Ferrari, or a 1971 LT1. Or a Ford GT. What am I missing?

I am not the arbiter of "beauty." But I acknowledge the marked RELATIVE difference between Kate Upton and Ben Roethlisberger. The shape discrepancy is not subtle. It's not even close. And if that's what pleases you, by all means be pleased. More power to you.

But I'm not going to sit here and fawn over a design that in my very humble opinion APPEARS that it MAY have some big problems.

I for one, will continue to participate in the FORUM and continue to require shape in my Corvettes.
The following users liked this post: IronV
rsvette12 (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 03:27 PM
David Robert

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hope the cove is more curved vs. "Panama" jaws angular. However, if you remove the part people think is tacked on, it would greatly reduce the scoops ability to ingest air. I believe the outline will be curved and body color and the "tacked on" part that creates the Panama lower jaw will be black or carbon fiber and an insert. so you visually get the rounded cove, but get the air ingestion ability of the Panama jaw.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:29 PM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Liked 1,160 Times in 690 Posts

Originally Posted by David Robert View Post
I hope the cove is more curved vs. "Panama" jaws angular. However, if you remove the part people think is tacked on, it would greatly reduce the scoops ability to ingest air. I believe the outline will be curved and body color and the "tacked on" part that creates the Panama lower jaw will be black or carbon fiber and an insert. so you visually get the rounded cove, but get the air ingestion ability of the Panama jaw.
Been saying that forever
Old 03-26-2019, 03:51 PM
chazcron
CF Senior Member

Liked 1,635 Times in 229 Posts

I've got this covered, Crabby.

The other shape on the rocker you see is more ambiguous foam covered with camo sticker. There's no secondary scoop there (yet)
The following 9 users liked this post by chazcron:
benplace (03-27-2019), CRABBYJ (03-26-2019), elegant (03-26-2019), Foosh (03-26-2019), IronV (03-26-2019), mracer (03-27-2019), r00t61 (04-06-2019), TSanders (03-28-2019), Zaro Tundov (03-26-2019)
Old 03-27-2019, 05:38 PM
dmaxx3500
CF Senior Member

Liked 482 Times in 376 Posts

it would be funny if GM kept changing up the camo and foam blocks on every c8 mule

you guys would lose your minds
The following users liked this post: dmaxx3500
Cautrell05 (03-27-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: chazcron's 3D model work in progress

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: