Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone actually confirmed this midengine thing driving around is a Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 10:28 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,444 Likes on 2,802 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SG_Ret
If the ME car is anything but a Corvette, then, GM has succeeded in fooling pretty much every car mag and guru out there. It's going to be a C8 Corvette (common sense should lead most to that conclusion).
That's not that hard. The car mags want click/mag sales, what does that better than controversy? You tell people a beloved American icon is doing something totally different, they hang on the tip of every word. They argue endlessly in comments sections. And since people are so bought into it, they convince themselves that anything else is clearly wrong.

Its basic counter espionage, you "leak" false information you want people to believe, to throw them off from the truth. Businesses do this all the time. It's even easier when you have a for profit media reporting on you.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:57 AM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

The OP’s Question is “has anyone actually confirmed that this MidEngine thing driving around is a Corvette?

The answer is “yes.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:43 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Originally Posted by elegant
The OP’s Question is “has anyone actually confirmed that this MidEngine thing driving around is a Corvette?

The answer is “yes.
Not true. There is NO official confirmation that there is a mid engine car coming. No official confirmation of a mid engine Corvette. No official confirmation of a C8 corvette. NOTHING is officially confirmed, everything is purely conjecture at best.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:52 AM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
Not true. There is NO official confirmation that there is a mid engine car coming. No official confirmation of a mid engine Corvette. No official confirmation of a C8 corvette. NOTHING is officially confirmed, everything is purely conjecture at best.
Now, while there is no "official" confirmation, it lends itself to common sense conjecture. We can pretty safely surmise that the thing is GM, simply in that all the other vehicles with them are GM. That said, we can pretty safely rule out Buick, and of course GMC, lol. That leaves Chevrolet or Cadillac. There are some somewhat reasonable arguments that it could be a Cadillac, but then again, deductive reasoning, in that again all the chase vehicles are Chevrolet, combined with other than the "V" sedans, Cadillac isn't really a "sports car" line up.

Then there is Chevrolet and the long history of them toying with the idea of making a mid engine Corvette. Add to that in when the C7 Z06 came out, Juecther , in an interview said that they had just about reached the limits of what they can do in front engine chassis. (Of course, only later to create the ZR1)

So, yes it is a 99% chance that one can safely speculate this is a Corvette. So the real question is, are they really going to pull the trigger on it, or are, as in the past, are still just toying with the idea? We've never "seen" them take it this far before, however, way back then people weren't walking around with camera's in their pocket like they are today. So maybe they did, we just didn't know about it.

Last edited by lt4obsesses; 11-14-2018 at 06:52 AM.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:22 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
That's not that hard. The car mags want click/mag sales, what does that better than controversy? You tell people a beloved American icon is doing something totally different, they hang on the tip of every word. They argue endlessly in comments sections. And since people are so bought into it, they convince themselves that anything else is clearly wrong.

Its basic counter espionage, you "leak" false information you want people to believe, to throw them off from the truth. Businesses do this all the time. It's even easier when you have a for profit media reporting on you.
Occam's Razor-

Will this be the new ME Corvette or Cadillac's attempt at another XLR ? Trademarking "Zora" for a Cadillac? I'm betting on Corvette.
In much the same way if I saw hoof prints on a country lane, I wager horse, rather than zebra.

The following users liked this post:
Boiler_81 (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 07:03 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Originally Posted by 1SG_Ret
Occam's Razor-

Will this be the new ME Corvette or Cadillac's attempt at another XLR ? Trademarking "Zora" for a Cadillac? I'm betting on Corvette.
In much the same way if I saw hoof prints on a country lane, I wager horse, rather than zebra.
Companies trademark stuff ALL THE TIME. Sometimes just to keep competitors from using it. Imagine the **** storm that would occur if someone else trademarked Zorq, even just to deny it to GM. They maintain trademarks on many things related to their branding for this exact reason. I bet they still have trademarks on Firebird and Trans Am as well.

And of course, it sends the easily swayed into a tizzy. When you are actively working to hide things, you lead people down the wrong path. Then they're so busy being wrong that you dont have to worry about them ever stumbling on what's right.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:33 PM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,339 Likes on 590 Posts

Default Buyers order

My buyers order reads: 2020 Corvette C8 Mid engine!
Old 11-15-2018, 12:27 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,316 Likes on 990 Posts

I suppose when Corvette Racing was out testing, it was a pretty secure assurance that it wasn't a Cadillac...hint being: Corvette Racing was testing it.

Last edited by KnightDriveTV; 11-15-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:37 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Do all of these Cadillac proponents also think the earth is flat?

Quick Reply: Has anyone actually confirmed this midengine thing driving around is a Corvette?