Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$169,900, final price confirmed

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 01:42 PM
blipit_
Pro

Received 300 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
ZORA 6.2L OHV base car 85k to 130k. ZORA 4.2L DOHC TT mid model 110k to 150k. ZORA 5.5L DOHC TT top model 169k to 200k....... JMHO
What made you lower your base price estimate by $5k?

Baseprice starting 90K to 100K and optioned up to 190K

Old 10-31-2018, 01:46 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

Lol..I would bet that GM/ Chevrolet does not even have final pricing on this car yet! I am sure they have a good idea, but nothing etched in stone. We most likely won't get the official word until Spring or Summer of '19. I would guess it will be about a $105,000 less than this threads title. lol Also folks....people who are truly in the know of actual facts about this car are not saying a word about anything! Only speculators with no facts are making statements!

Last edited by Supersonic 427; 10-31-2018 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:46 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

He never said that !!! Show us.
NEXT:
https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2015...vette-program/
Old 10-31-2018, 01:54 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,156 Likes on 516 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
You are actually quoting a nearly 4 year old article. Get real! Listen to the Latest Autoline Podcast where he recanted that comment. I listened to it twice.

Originally Posted by blipit_
What made you lower your base price estimate by $5k?
After reading Dave Hills comment of 70k to 100k I adjusted down to a averaged 85k to pacify you guys. Just to bring some common sense to some of the crazy 65k nonsense

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 10-31-2018 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button in the lower right hand corner (the middle icon) to make your responses to multiple people look like this!
Old 10-31-2018, 02:00 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

You are actually quoting a nearly 4 year old article. Get real! Listen to the Latest Autoline Podcast where he recanted that comment. I listened to it twice.
Link it. I was a good guy and looked it up, now it's your turn.

BTW, don't EVER call me a liar again. You believe what you want, that's fine. But, I don't MAKE STUFF UP (that's good advice that you should take). I don't give a damn how long ago he said, the FACT is that he did, and I quoted it for you. And instead of you saying: "Oh ok, my bad" you go on the offense AGAIN because the article is TOO old to suit you. That wasn't the f**king point,...you said Tadge never said it and I gave you PROOF. Now, I wasn't in the room so if indeed Lutz is now saying he "misheard", that's not my fault.

Last edited by jimmyb; 10-31-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:09 PM
ChrisNC
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

This is my first new release for a generation of the Corvette. My question is were the other releases as bad for everyone being at each other's throats with info or is this fairly common? It's my first "possible" vette purchase so just curious how these things end up once its released with info.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:11 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

This thread is pure comedy.
The following 2 users liked this post by OnPoint:
kozmic (11-27-2018), Steve Garrett (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 02:27 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

Hopefully they'll have the wide body car with the naturally aspirated engine as a choice. It will IMO be the superior option and well below what the top spec car will be. Time for the ZORA Grand Sport to shine brighter than the rest! It will sound better, drive better, and even handle more abuse on track. I never really understood why people line up to pay so much for turbo or hybrid cars. A Lambo/Audi V10 screaming to 8,500 rpm is worth the entry price. Not to mention there will likely be CARB legal kits to bring any large displacement NA V8 more power through boost and undercut these higher versions for a fraction of the price.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:27 PM
marknagy13
Pro

Received 1,114 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcrider
I don't know any such thing. What I have seen is a mid engine car wrapped in camo.

Why would the camo not extend to brakes and wheels/tires?

I think the few pix of the Pratt/Miller winged track car are the best reference as to what this car is going to be about, and it's the next level above the ZR1 in both performance and price.
Show me 1 other time GM has done that. On the zr1 and other performance Vettes that were spied in Camo, they always had the production brakes/tires.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:38 PM
nexxis
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 34 Posts

I heard from a secret source price will start at $250,000
Old 10-31-2018, 02:40 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,199 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisNC
This is my first new release for a generation of the Corvette. My question is were the other releases as bad for everyone being at each other's throats with info or is this fairly common? It's my first "possible" vette purchase so just curious how these things end up once its released with info.
My guess is the arguing still went on but this one is different since the new car is a completely new configuration. C6 to C7 was mostly about how bad the new car will look and how it would diminish the Corvette heritage.

How does it all end up once its released? The best guesser's get to put an internet beating on those that were completely off base.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:41 PM
PCMIII
Melting Slicks

Received 868 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by nexxis
I heard from a secret source price will start at $250,000
With the dealer mark up, you may be right.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:50 PM
sluggballz
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 121 Posts

That which can be asserted without evidence, can just as easily be dismissed without evidence.

I know someone, but can't say who
I know something but can't say how
I know this, I know that, can't tell you how, I just do.

If you know something but can't say how you know it, then keep quiet. Unless of course you just like to revel in clickbait.
The C8 section is pretty good reading for the most part, until someone posts baseless claims and gets everyone all riled up.
Yes, baseless, unless you can show source, it's baseless.
Maybe it'll be true, maybe not, but right now I just see baseless clickbait.
The following users liked this post:
jimmyb (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 02:51 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by marknagy13
Show me 1 other time GM has done that. On the zr1 and other performance Vettes that were spied in Camo, they always had the production brakes/tires.

What has, or has not happened in the past has absolutely no relevance on what may happen today.

The following users liked this post:
vndkshn (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 02:52 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,156 Likes on 516 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Link it. I was a good guy and looked it up, now it's your turn.

BTW, don't EVER call me a liar again. You believe what you want, that's fine. But, I don't MAKE STUFF UP (that's good advice that you should take). I don't give a damn how long ago he said, the FACT is that he did, and I quoted it for you. And instead of you saying: "Oh ok, my bad" you go on the offense AGAIN because the article is TOO old to suit you. That wasn't the f**king point,...you said Tadge never said it and I gave you PROOF. Now, I wasn't in the room so if indeed Lutz is now saying he "misheard", that's not my fault.
Never called you a liar. I told you to get real. And Tadge's $5,000.00 comment comes from almost 16 years ago. Now go and listen to Lutz on Autoline After Hours.

Last edited by skank; 10-31-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:30 PM
Atomic Utensil
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ltomn
General Motors is moving it's prices up! They are selling fewer cars but the ones they are selling cost more! The company reported adjusted earnings of $1.87 a share, up from $1.32 last year and above the average estimate compiled by Capital IQ for $1.25 a share. Revenue jumped by 6.4% year-on-year to $35.79 billion, beating the $34.85 billion consensus. Management said revenue increased amid strong crossover sales and the volume of sales of recently launched pickup trucks. Earnings increased "primarily due to strong volume driven by crossovers and light-duty pickup trucks and pricing discipline, partially offset by mix, foreign exchange and commodity headwinds."

"The brand is capitalizing on the country's luxury trend, and sales are expected to grow for the full year," GM said. Market share in the third quarter fell to 10.8% from 11.1% the previous quarter and 11.8% in the same period last year. In its earnings statement, the company attributed the decline to disciplined incentive spending, transition to the company's new light-duty trucks in North America and adoption of new fuel-efficient technology in China, the company said.

This is info from MT Newswires at 9:24 AM ET, 10/31/2018. Read it and weep if you think you'll be buying a luxury mid engine sports car from GM for a Stingray price.
All well and good but who is going to spend that kind of money from a company that cant get an automatic transmission to work right after 5 model years?? Then to boot they don't want to pay for many legitimate warranty claims. I will find a better company that makes expensive luxury type cars not GM.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:31 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,199 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcrider
I haven't seen anything from GM in any form that there is any intention to replace the FE car with the ME, except by the "experts" in here.

What I have heard is GM added one hell of a lot of expanded manufacturing capability at Bowling Green to build the 2 cars SIDE BY SIDE..

If anybody has an official sunset date on the C7, then step forward with it.
Which is why I used the word "IF" in caps in my response. Perhaps the expanded capacity was to build an FE and an ME simultaneously, I have no idea if that's the case. While there is no official statement from GM that they are not doing this there is also a lack of any statement saying they will be doing this. Which is why the pricing speculation is such a heated topic.

If the base ME has a starting price of $85-90K on up then there would be room for the current FE in a slightly revised/updated form while keeping a $50K price of entry. If the starting price is anywhere South of that then I cannot see what the rationale would be for continuing to build the two cars.

Which begs the question. Does anybody really have a reason why they wouldn't want GM to build both cars???

Last edited by JDSKY; 10-31-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To $169,900, final price confirmed

Old 10-31-2018, 03:37 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

IF the C8 ME becomes the only corvette at those prices, i just don't see how GM could generate enough coin to keep and maintain the current bowling green complex let alone the brand.

GM still hasn't been able to make Cadillac the Standard of the World again, but now wants
to try and rival makers of exotic sports cars-really?

Everybody(?)knows that Porsche back in the day was sinking in the red because the 911 was basically all they had.. So Porsche of course expanded their entire line with Cayman/Boxster, a sedan,and suv's that are now the ca$h cow$ that enabled them to keep and expand the 911 line even more.
Evidently the Toyota Supra is back and speculated to cost under $100,000.
Maybe Toyota is gearing up to help fill the void once Corvettes are $169,000.
They'll need some catching up to do since Porsche is already there.
Maybe some former vette owners will give the Mercedes SLC or SL a second look(you do get THAT STAR).

hopefully GM in the end will give their base what we really want:a high quality product with a killer design at pretty reasonably price points. i basically want a yellow C8 corvette that looks as sharp as the current lambo. remember GM:if you build it they will come(just not at $160,000+)

Old 10-31-2018, 03:41 PM
kingpin111
Race Director

Received 102 Likes on 59 Posts

$169k for the top of the line people will buy. It's not a far cry from the $145k for the ZR1.
That's obviously not the base car price.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:45 PM
PCMIII
Melting Slicks

Received 868 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by kingpin111
$169k for the top of the line people will buy. It's not a far cry from the $145k for the ZR1.
That's obviously not the base car price.
I think the top of the line Zora is what Corvette will introduce first. After the ZR1 is over in a few years, Zora will go down market to capture those buyers. I doubt there will ever be a base ME under $100K.

Quick Reply: $169,900, final price confirmed