Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$169,900, final price confirmed

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 03:26 PM
Zerv02
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
What continually amuses the hell out of me is that the vast majority of folks arguing about relative superiority will never see a race track or use 5/10ths of what even a base C7 is capable of. Even the vast majority of us amateurs who do have some track experience aren't skilled enough to get 8 or 9/10ths out of any of the cars in this discussion on a race track.

A true professional could take a base C7 and lap any amateur in any $300K+ supercar on the market within a relatively short period of time.
Just out of curiosity, as you seem to be in the camp against the $170k price point, what justifies a $170k price point in a sports car, in your opinion?

Please.... dont give me the "dealership experience" jarggin. Tell me what kind of experience your going to get buying a GTR from a Nissan dealer..... ah hah.

You do know some Zr1's can be optioned up to around $150k? I saw one at Les stanford plopped up between a chevy equinox and a silverado.... dealership experience....

Last edited by Zerv02; 12-14-2018 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 03:49 PM
MitchAlsup
Le Mans Master

Received 1,592 Likes on 784 Posts

Should we just read the moniker "Zora.Info" as "ZERO.INFO" !
Old 12-14-2018, 03:50 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by JGarland
I dont need you to explain anything to me.

I understand it quite well. Some would rather be complete aholes and post snarky comments than to discuss the topic.

Thanks for the laugh though.
Its really abundantly obvious you didn't understand it otherwise you wouldn't have responded in the manner you did. No big deal, get over it, move on. You are just going to make yourself look more and more foolish by trying to argue about this.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:04 PM
JGarland
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
Its really abundantly obvious you didn't understand it otherwise you wouldn't have responded in the manner you did. No big deal, get over it, move on. You are just going to make yourself look more and more foolish by trying to argue about this.
Speaking of looking foolish, perhaps you should take your own advice.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:18 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Speaking of looking foolish, perhaps you should take your own advice.
I'm assuming you don't see the irony of your response continuing to prove my point. Keep digging your hole or just let it go. It was just a joke you didn't get, no big deal.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:25 PM
JGarland
Le Mans Master

I'm assuming you don't see the irony of your response continuing to prove my point. Keep digging your hole or just let it go. It was just a joke you didn't get, no big deal.
Actually, you have proved my point. You assume I "didn't get" something and continue to want to prove it.

Take your own advice and let it go. I'll assume you wont.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:28 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Actually, you have proved my point. You assume I "didn't get" something and continue to want to prove it.

You never made a point, lol. This is so sad...and weird.
The following users liked this post:
ByByBMW (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 04:32 PM
JGarland
Le Mans Master

I dont need you to explain anything to me.

I understand it quite well. Some would rather be complete aholes and post snarky comments than to discuss the topic.

Thanks for the laugh though.

You never made a point, lol. This is so sad...and weird.
Thanks again!
Old 12-14-2018, 04:41 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

I find it amusing that so many on CF wonder why Corvette owners are considered to be jerks by many other car guys.

All one has to do is read any thread on CF C8 forum to see that this perception is pretty accurate as its a bunch of adults acting like they are 12year Olds and having a pissing contest over EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING.

Try going on Ferrari Chat you will not find one thread where member insult and act childish over any subject.

I love Corvette and have been a life time fan since I was old enough to determine what I thought was the worlds coolest car. 1967 Corvette Coupe with the 427 tri power and the big block hood with stinger stripe. Still one of my all time favorites!!

That being said it's an embarrassment to read what supposed car guys and gals say to each other on this forum.

Makes those who think Corvette guys are a bunch of jerks look right.

For a forum of supposed car guys and Corvette lovers this is a shame to see how some treat others over the stupidest things.

What a shame as this was once a world class forum that one could come to a share the CORVETTE experience and enjoy the camaraderie. Looks like those days are long gone.

OK boys go back to your pissing match over nothing.

Sincerely
Fed Up Corvette Guy

Last edited by vetteman41960; 12-14-2018 at 04:43 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by vetteman41960:
ByByBMW (12-14-2018), JGarland (12-14-2018), Lenman59 (12-24-2018), mjcourt (12-14-2018), Roscoe Primrose (12-17-2018), tcweidner (12-14-2018), TNBUSA (12-14-2018), Zaro Tundov (12-15-2018) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-14-2018, 04:45 PM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteman41960
I find it amusing that so many on CF wonder why Corvette owners are considered to be jerks by many other car guys.

All one has to do is read any thread on CF C8 forum to see that this perception is pretty accurate as its a bunch of adults acting like they are 12year Olds and having a pissing contest over EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING.

Try going on Ferrari Chat you will not find one thread where member insult and act childish over any subject.

I love Corvette and have been a life time fan since I was old enough to determine what I thought was the worlds coolest car. 1967 Corvette Coupe with the 427 tri power and the big block hood with stinger stripe. Still one of my all time favorites!!

That being said it's an embarrassment to read what supposed car guys and gals say to each other on this forum.

For a forum of supposed car guys and Corvette lovers this is a shame to see how some treat others over the stupidest things.

What a shame as this was once a world class forum that one could come to a share the CORVETTE experience and enjoy the camaraderie. Looks like those days are long gone.

Sincerely
Fed Up Corvette Guy
I would add though, seems to be a small but vocal group driving most of this behavior. Totally agree, it's a bad look because it's just not attractive.

PC
The following 3 users liked this post by Darion:
ByByBMW (12-14-2018), JGarland (12-14-2018), TNBUSA (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 04:52 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

Old 12-14-2018, 05:46 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Sincerely
Fed Up Corvette Guy
I agree with most of what you said but I keep telling myself that folks say things online that they would likely never say face to face. It brings out the best and worst in a lot of people.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:15 PM
Zora.Info
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts

@vetteman41960 Couldn't have said it any better. It seems that a new car reveal brings out the worst in people. I personally have been attacked several times as well. People are acting like savages right now beciase we are all so anxious for this new car, as it could be revolutionary and the fate of Corvette relies on it. I have reminded many people to relax. We're all just playing the waiting game. There is absolutely no reason to act the way many people are acting right now. Insulting or attacking someone or making false rumors isn't going to change this car or make it come out any faster.

Last edited by Zora.Info; 12-14-2018 at 09:16 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Zora.Info:
Lenman59 (12-24-2018), rmorin1249 (12-14-2018), tcweidner (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 09:49 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Exactly, Zora. I learned years ago not to worry about things I cannot change and in this case, it's just a car. We all need to put things in perspective. Happy Holidays and Peace on Earth.
The following users liked this post:
tcweidner (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 11:05 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

so basically because we (most) of us drive the same car in here we should all get along, hold hands and sing Kumbaya....yeah great, if that's what a forum is supposed to be about then count me the f'k out. I personally like the fact that we (well most) of us have a difference of opinion. If you want everyone to get along, kiss each other's asses and share the exact same views then go join Ferrari Chat, I for one celebrate that we aren't all identical twins and will always stand up and make my opinions known as well as welcome other's and if you don't like it, tough schit, put me on your bitch list.

I love my '14 but I'm not blind drunk on the Corvette Kool Aid like most of you in here, I know that it's not the best car in the world, perhaps ONE of the best but certainly not THE best. The C8, well I'm going to take a wait and see attitude and unlike a lot of you in here assume that it's going to be a world beater because it won't be and those who think it will are setting yourselves up for a big fall.

Don't be afraid to speak your mind sheeple, words on a screen can't hurt you.

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:09 PM
Zora.Info
Racer

Originally Posted by themonk
so basically because we (most) of us drive the same car in here we should all get along, hold hands and sing Kumbaya....yeah great, if that's what a forum is supposed to be about then count me the f'k out. I personally like the fact that we (well most) of us have a difference of opinion. If you want everyone to get along, kiss each other's asses and share the exact same views then go join Ferrari Chat, I for one celebrate that we aren't all identical twins and will always stand up and make my opinions known as well as welcome other's and if you don't like it, tough schit, put me on your bitch list.

I love my '14 but I'm not blind drunk on the Corvette Kool Aid like most of you in here, I know that it's not the best car in the world, perhaps ONE of the best but certainly not THE best. The C8, well I'm going to take a wait and see attitude and unlike a lot of you in here assume that it's going to be a world beater because it won't be and those who think it will are setting yourselves up for a big fall.

Merry Christmas.
Where the hell did we say we didn't want people to have differing opinions? This isn't the USSR or the DPRK. We simply said we're tired of people going to war with each other over rumors about a new car. And by all means, speak your mind. But there is no reason to be aggressive to others. Yes, words on a screen can hurt you. If someone said they were going to kill you, would that hurt you? Most likely.
The following 2 users liked this post by Zora.Info:
ByByBMW (12-15-2018), tcweidner (12-15-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 11:19 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk

Merry Christmas.
Well Monk thanks for posting a tread that supports my point that many CF members and Corvette owner can be real d**k heads.

Your exactly the type Corvette owner many perceive us to be and that is in the most negative possible fashion .

I don't expect us all to agree but don't expect us to fight over trivial matters.

See it just take one guy like you to bring a black cloud over the forum and reinforce the negative opinion many have of Corvette owners.

I would not recommend Ferrari Chat to you as I am sure you be disappointed by the camaraderie and goodwill show between members.

No pissing macths over trivial matter much more sharing of information and helping other get the most enjoyment out of their toys.

Happy holidays and best wishes for a safe and prosperous New Years!

Last edited by vetteman41960; 12-14-2018 at 11:24 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by vetteman41960:
ByByBMW (12-15-2018), tcweidner (12-15-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To $169,900, final price confirmed

Old 12-15-2018, 01:05 AM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Zora.Info
Where the hell did we say we didn't want people to have differing opinions? This isn't the USSR or the DPRK. We simply said we're tired of people going to war with each other over rumors about a new car. And by all means, speak your mind. But there is no reason to be aggressive to others. Yes, words on a screen can hurt you. If someone said they were going to kill you, would that hurt you? Most likely.
People like me who don't want everyone to have the exact point of view. It's people like you who make forums a boring place to be. This has to do with people having a difference of opinion and those who think they are holier than thou, such as yourself, who seem to think that we all have to get along. You cry because we argue, newsflash, I sometimes argue with my family but that doesn't mean I don't love them any less, arguing is as natural as getting along, there is no heaven without hell. Sorry, I'm no snowflake, I don't mind if we have a difference of opinion, my feelings don't get hurt if someone disagrees with me, I was brought up in an age where we all don't get participation trophies, where we don't cry to mamma when someone hurts our feelings, I live in the real world where, surprise surprise, we all don't or have to get along. The sooner you realize this, the better off you'll be.

Well Monk thanks for posting a tread that supports my point that many CF members and Corvette owner can be real d**k heads.

Your exactly the type Corvette owner many perceive us to be and that is in the most negative possible fashion .

I don't expect us all to agree but don't expect us to fight over trivial matters.

See it just take one guy like you to bring a black cloud over the forum and reinforce the negative opinion many have of Corvette owners.

I would not recommend Ferrari Chat to you as I am sure you be disappointed by the camaraderie and goodwill show between members.

No pissing macths over trivial matter much more sharing of information and helping other get the most enjoyment out of their toys.

Happy holidays and best wishes for a safe and prosperous New Years!
See above.

Last edited by themonk; 12-15-2018 at 01:07 AM.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:11 AM
Zora.Info
Racer

Well, I already know what you pointed out. I am only acting like this becuase I was ridiculed by several people for acting the way you want me to act. So annoying. Just have to meet in the middle.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:12 AM
Zora.Info
Racer

So, what is everybody's favorite C7 color? My choice is #1 Elkhart Lake Blue, and #2 is Torch Red.

Quick Reply: $169,900, final price confirmed