Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 versus Evora 410

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 09:07 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Car and drivers lightning lap in the evora 410 performed well?
2012 Evora S 3:05.3
2011 Evora. 3:08.3
Old 11-19-2018, 09:20 PM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Received 1,260 Likes on 558 Posts

Originally Posted by Suns_PSD
There are 2 Evoras in stock and 1 on the way to the Austin Lotus dealer. The local race track (Harris Hill) was originally owned and built by the owner of the Lotus dealership.

There were 3 at my last track day in fact.

They are amazing cars and pretty much hit all my hot buttons, except for the value one.

A Corvette really is much more practical long term.

If the new owner of Lotus can provide an $80k Gt430ish type car with a 2+2 with a bit more QC, it's no contest for me, I'd order one.
i purchased mine from Sonny Morgan at his Austin Lotus dealership, Great guy knew him when he was in Dallas. .

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/today...and-1519509519

Last edited by fasttoys; 11-19-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:36 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttoys

Not that many made in total, funny part you see more Ferrari 488 than you do Evora 400, I do like the rareity. If you buy the 400 correctly you don't lose that much money on resale as the floor of the car is not bad. Big discounts can happen if you plan accordingly.
I have seen ONE Evora in Charlotte in the last 5 years (and I JUST saw it about 3 weeks ago).
Old 11-19-2018, 09:40 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttoys

i purchased mine from Sonny Morgan at his Austin Lotus dealership, Great guy knew him when he was in Dallas. .

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/today...and-1519509519

WOW.
A Dino...A SPYKER (WTF!!!), A Miura.....all in the same place. Remarkable.
Funny thing: I saw a Dino here in town last Saturday morning, I haven't seen one in at least 10 years.

PS. How could I forget....an UNMOLESTED Pantera! Seems like every Pantera you see these days is flared/winged to a ridiculous level

Last edited by jimmyb; 11-19-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:41 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

Enjoyed the photos.

That all original, 1 owner '77 TA in your pics lives 2 doors down from me actually.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:43 AM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Car and drivers lightning lap in the evora 410 performed well?

i dont remember ever seeing any Published amercian test data on the lotus....so its not a loaded question but rather an honest one...

glad to see this iconic british brand still around ......

any owners ever daily drive a lotus?

when ever they seem to go up for sale the mileage is usually ultra low....

evay listings : https://www.ebay.com/b/Lotus-Evora-C...01/bn_24011120
I'm not saying lap times don't matter, they do. But there are some very fast lap time cars that aren't really satisfying to drive (based on Journo reviews as I have personally driven very few of these).

The Evora has a daily driver capable quality, that uses a reliable and inexpensive Toyota Camry engine. It has good ground clearance, some models offer a 2+2 configuration, is light and sort of basic with a manual trans. Manual seats, off the shelf 2 DIN radio, etc. The new GT430 weighs 2773#. It's rated at 430 hp but being SCed, it's also high torque. That gives is a power to weigh ratio of 6.45 #/ hp (a C7 Z06 is 5.49#/ hp for reference)

Reviews of previous Evoras have said that they can track all day, Journo after Journo, with nothing except checking tire pressure. No brake issues, no overheated tires, no hot engine, etc... And they do it while being lovely and satisfying to drive. And yes, they are fast. But all lower hp cars lose seconds on the straightaways to the high hp cars, that's just how it is. But when tracking I don't think straightaway speeds really contribute much to the overall satisfaction, I know they don't for me.

For what I imagine that I want, yes a fast track car, but also a nice dinner car, and a canyon car, that I can still park outside the grocery store, it really touches all of my buttons.

However. with a Toyota engine, Kenwood stereo, and a bit of a 'kit car' feel it's just not a $100K + car. Especially when 2013-14s are selling for 35-40% of their new cost currently. There are better car 'investments' as even Corvettes lose value much slower (i.e. my '08 had an MSRP of $56K and is worth about $31K, even being 11 MYs old!).
Old 11-20-2018, 12:06 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom73

2012 Evora S 3:05.3
2011 Evora. 3:08.3
thats what I figured.

all this talkabout how wonderful the steering feel is and how rare and exotic the evora is...that itotally respect ...

as far as how fast it is on the road course? Not so much..

cool ride for sure but the cottage industry lotus really can not compete today with research and development of companies like GM.

i dont mean this as ani sult yet its a reality.

for many myself included i dont have patience for boutique vehicles from europe that do not have the durability of research and development to serve me dependably..

its again not an insult. Its just a fact of life.

no room for bull. No room for a vehicle with more demands than necessary to properly serve as a daily driver.

i salute those who have the room in their lives for delicate european sports car which are unique and special intheir design as well as understand their limited ability for a 300k mile durability validation process like gm runs...

nothing is perfect gm s durability validation process allows for some pretty i'ressive ownership reliability experiences.

ialways admire the low volume manufacturers artwork ...

i prefer a strong fast great handling two seat sports car thats among the fastest on the track and gets the daily driving grind with minimal fuss.

ymmv

Last edited by JerriVette; 11-20-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Quick Reply: C8 versus Evora 410