90% of all of these theories on here are crazy - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C8 Corvette > C8 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

90% of all of these theories on here are crazy

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90% of all of these theories on here are crazy

Old 11-14-2018, 01:11 PM
  #21  
mschuyler
CF Senior Member
 
mschuyler's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2016
Location: Bainbridge Island WA
Posts: 3,449
Thanked 2,084 Times in 968 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 2015GTRBE View Post
sorry people, hate to be that guy that pees on a bunch of peopleís parades of dreams and fantasies but... some of you need to stop lol. 427s, 60k price tags, 170k sticker, will it have this, will it be hybrid awd... enough!


Oh, the irony. You should have stopped there, but instead you go on to do the exact thing you are complaining about

1. If GM plans to target this car as the C8 then I personally think it will have way too many drawbacks and things that are compromises. The Corvette C7 should have gone more up market in its base trim. Unfortunately Corvette has to leave behind some of its old fan base and shoot a bit higher.
Nonsense.

2. At 60k+.... itís has no direct competition and if Boxter is it, well that is lame.
Competition is not based solely on price. So nonsense again.
mschuyler is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mschuyler For This Useful Post:
bgspot (11-14-2018), CorvettoBrando (11-15-2018), vrybad (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 01:13 PM
  #22  
2015GTRBE
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
2015GTRBE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Posts: 91
Thanked 25 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Zaro Tundov View Post
Apples and oranges. The GTR sells under 2000 per year. The Corvette can be cheaper because of economies of scale.
Yes, which is why a mid engine shouldnít be sold to the masses as a Chevy. Nissan changed their strategy with the GTR to build an icon, not a tarted up Nissan.
2015GTRBE is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 01:17 PM
  #23  
2015GTRBE
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
2015GTRBE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Posts: 91
Thanked 25 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mschuyler View Post
Oh, the irony. You should have stopped there, but instead you go on to do the exact thing you are complaining about



Nonsense.



Competition is not based solely on price. So nonsense again.
how is it nonsense? Because you say so? Because you want GM cost cutting to fit your dollars? Or, because you have a background in the industry and or are a corporate marketing strategist?

Maybe you just just donít like reality. Maybe just maybe you think GM will cater just to you to keep trying to put square pegs in round holes.
2015GTRBE is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 01:38 PM
  #24  
mschuyler
CF Senior Member
 
mschuyler's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2016
Location: Bainbridge Island WA
Posts: 3,449
Thanked 2,084 Times in 968 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 2015GTRBE View Post
how is it nonsense? Because you say so? Because you want GM cost cutting to fit your dollars? Or, because you have a background in the industry and or are a corporate marketing strategist?

Maybe you just just donít like reality. Maybe just maybe you think GM will cater just to you to keep trying to put square pegs in round holes.


It is nonsense BECAUSE you advocated that 90% of the theories presented here are nonsense and THEN go off on a crazy theory of your own. IRONY: Look it up. You have zero evidence. You have zero knowledge. You're just presenting another crazy theory just like all the other crazy theories you condemn. Your second statement above is completely laughable. I don't "like" reality, but somehow you are gifted to know what that is? Square pegs and round holes? What the **** are you smoking?
mschuyler is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 01:44 PM
  #25  
Jeff V.
CF Senior Member
 
Jeff V.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Location: Kansas City MO
Posts: 1,612
Thanked 640 Times in 395 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by blipit_ View Post
These brakes definitely look like a replacement to a loaded Z06 and ZR1? Earth to everyone, they have been testing the base trim model ME.
Care to post the math formula that takes the size of the brakes as an input and spits out a final price for a car?

I didn't mean it was going to be a literal 1:1 translation in cost and performance where ME Zora is exactly equal to C7 Z06. They can still position it as a premium $80k car even though it has 'small' brakes. Weight and materials are going to play a huge part in that.

A $140,000 R8 has brakes that are marginally bigger than my poverty Z51, and about the same size as an $80,000 non-Z07 Z06.

Audi: 14.4" F / 14.0" R
C7 Z51: 13.6F / 13.3" R
C7 Z06 (w/o Z07): 14.6" F / 14.4" R

So yeah, the ME we're seeing may be the base model from a performance standpoint, but that's got jack **** to do with the price of the car. They could easily price the car somewhere in the midst of current Z06 pricing, and leave plenty of room to grow and take over for the loaded Z06 and ZR1 type of car. You can easily push a loaded Z06 into the mid 90s while still keeping those "tiny" 14" brakes.

Last edited by Jeff V.; 11-14-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Jeff V. is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff V. For This Useful Post:
vndkshn (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 01:56 PM
  #26  
2015GTRBE
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
2015GTRBE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Posts: 91
Thanked 25 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mschuyler View Post
It is nonsense BECAUSE you advocated that 90% of the theories presented here are nonsense and THEN go off on a crazy theory of your own. IRONY: Look it up. You have zero evidence. You have zero knowledge. You're just presenting another crazy theory just like all the other crazy theories you condemn. Your second statement above is completely laughable. I don't "like" reality, but somehow you are gifted to know what that is? Square pegs and round holes? What the **** are you smoking?
1. Iím not advocating my own crazy theory it is economics and marketing.
2. I am pretty gifted, it is IQ.
3. You really donít understand? Makes more sense now.
2015GTRBE is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:06 PM
  #27  
JerryU
2017 GS, M7, 2.5LT
Support Corvetteforum!
 
JerryU's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 12,051
Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,796 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 2015GTRBE View Post
2. I am pretty gifted, it is IQ.

Hmm, there some Mensa folks who have no practical sense to come out of the rain!

What don't you understand about a 427 cid engine NOT going to make 50 mpg for the Vette!

Did you think about the "marketing risk" GM has already taken with the Silverado they sell over 5500,000 per year and in 2019 will have a 2.7 Liter Turbo L4 to have a more efficient engine!

Last edited by JerryU; 11-14-2018 at 02:07 PM.
JerryU is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:15 PM
  #28  
2015GTRBE
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
2015GTRBE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Posts: 91
Thanked 25 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JerryU View Post
Hmm, there some Mensa folks who have no practical sense to come out of the rain!

What don't you understand about a 427 cid engine NOT going to make 50 mpg for the Vette!

Did you think about the "marketing risk" GM has already taken with the Silverado they sell over 5500,000 per year and in 2019 will have a 2.7 Liter Turbo L4 to have a more efficient engine!
are you ACTUALLY special? Maybe just a little bit? Borderline? Little aspy? I -me- the ďOPĒ said GM will NOT do a 427. Read bro, read.

Last edited by 2015GTRBE; 11-14-2018 at 02:16 PM.
2015GTRBE is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:20 PM
  #29  
Zora.Info
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2018
Posts: 258
Thanked 64 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 2015GTRBE View Post
sorry people, hate to be that guy that pees on a bunch of peopleís parades of dreams and fantasies but... some of you need to stop lol. 427s, 60k price tags, 170k sticker, will it have this, will it be hybrid awd... enough!

Here is the only debate.. 1. Will it actually be the ďC8Ē or will it be part of GMs launch of Corvette as its own brand? 2. Who is itís target competition?

1. If GM plans to target this car as the C8 then I personally think it will have way too many drawbacks and things that are compromises. The Corvette C7 should have gone more up market in its base trim. Unfortunately Corvette has to leave behind some of its old fan base and shoot a bit higher. Everyone complains about the interior or this or that and that is simply because GM continues to make a 60k base car that IMO ruins the bones of the product especially the higher models like ZR1 because itís based on a 60k car. If GM is smart, they will make this a second model in the Corvette family at a higher price point and give it the budget it deserves and not worry about the lower end market share.. sorry guys. It has to be a GTR competitor and should cost 115-120k to be done right. It should also have the performance to demand the cost.

2. At 60k+.... itís has no direct competition and if Boxter is it, well that is lame.

Look, it wonít have a 427... all you geezers hoping for a muscle- mid engine hold on to your existing Corvettes. This car is about moving forward not behind. I think a flat plane crank is more realistic and possibly a turbo variant down the road which would be the engine Iíd get for mod ability. I finally want a Corvette that doesnít be have to make excuses for things like poor interior or crappy panel gap etc. The every mans toy can be the Camaro, the Corvette finally needs to grow up.

Thank you for basically restating a lot of what I had to say. The people on this forum are a unique bunch. Many seem to have issues comprehending and reading. And for some reason, they aren't open to new ideas, regardless of them making a lot of sense, yet they are open to ideas of an LS7 "muscle ME Corvette", $170K Corvette, halo car, etc. Its really amazing. And when I admit it was a joke about me being an insider, but reflash what I had to say as what I believe will happen and want to have a nice discussion, several people came on my thread and were very disrespectful. My thread was soon locked because of those people. But whatever. Its somewhat fun to watch. My inbox will be open to apologies when the 2020 Corvette Zora Stingray is unveiled at either Detroit or NY.
Zora.Info is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:23 PM
  #30  
tslick98
CF Senior Member
 
tslick98's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: Channelview Texas
Posts: 964
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Zaro Tundov View Post
Guy complains about crazy theories, then says the C8 must be $115K to $120K.
i agree
and then he goes and starts another one
tslick98 is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:26 PM
  #31  
Zora.Info
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2018
Posts: 258
Thanked 64 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Just curious, why does it matter if another thread is started? Everyone should have a voice. The "bio" on this sub forum is discussion of the C8, whether it be Zora, MidEngine, or whatever form it may take. It's not like he's spamming or coming up with a SUPER crazy idea like many others so far. We've hit a time where new C8 news is practically nonexistent, so let's have some discussion, put our heads together, share our opinions and not be so hostile about it!!

Last edited by Zora.Info; 11-14-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Zora.Info is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:27 PM
  #32  
2015GTRBE
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
2015GTRBE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Posts: 91
Thanked 25 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jeff V. View Post
Care to post the math formula that takes the size of the brakes as an input and spits out a final price for a car?

I didn't mean it was going to be a literal 1:1 translation in cost and performance where ME Zora is exactly equal to C7 Z06. They can still position it as a premium $80k car even though it has 'small' brakes. Weight and materials are going to play a huge part in that.

A $140,000 R8 has brakes that are marginally bigger than my poverty Z51, and about the same size as an $80,000 non-Z07 Z06.

Audi: 14.4" F / 14.0" R
C7 Z51: 13.6F / 13.3" R
C7 Z06 (w/o Z07): 14.6" F / 14.4" R

So yeah, the ME we're seeing may be the base model from a performance standpoint, but that's got jack **** to do with the price of the car. They could easily price the car somewhere in the midst of current Z06 pricing, and leave plenty of room to grow and take over for the loaded Z06 and ZR1 type of car. You can easily push a loaded Z06 into the mid 90s while still keeping those "tiny" 14" brakes.
absolutey true. The problem is that some forum members donít understand what the actual creation of a product is and does not understand that GM has no need to sell discounted mid engine V8 cars when they have no one to cross shop. The R8 is now way more expensive, a Porsche may be the only rival price wise but for a Porsche buyer to buy a Corvette it has to be top notch on all levels and they wonít give it the ďbest bang for the buckĒ routine excuse. I canít fathom those who feel that itís justifiable for GM to undersell themselves just to appease the buyers that donít believe in Corvette enough to spend more for a job well done. Itís alarming how some people people think they are entitled for something for nothing. What if your business or job was asked to do a better job than last time but for similar money? Lol... consumers are terrible.
2015GTRBE is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:32 PM
  #33  
Supersonic 427
CF Senior Member
 
Supersonic 427's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: Rochester New York
Posts: 4,635
Thanked 554 Times in 342 Posts
Default

The Corvette is and has always been, a car that a middle class car enthusiast could obtain! It has always offered a lot of car for a reasonable amount of money. The Corvette is sold under Chevrolet for that reason! It will always be a Chevrolet Corvette and not sold under Cadillac or being made it's own brand. Tradition and History works well with the Corvette. After 65 years do you think GM/Chevrolet is going to change the formula that has made the car so successful? The new C8 ME car will continue to offer a lot of car for the money and be affordable to many. There will be as today, a range of Corvette models from the base up to a hyper performance super car model. There will be an *** for every seat of every model.....as there is today!
Supersonic 427 is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:38 PM
  #34  
Zora.Info
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2018
Posts: 258
Thanked 64 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427 View Post
... It will always be a Chevrolet Corvette and not sold under Cadillac or being made it's own brand. Tradition and History works well with the Corvette. The new C8 ME car will continue to offer a lot of car for the money and be affordable to many. There will be as today, a range of Corvette models from the base up to a hyper performance super car model. There will be an *** for every seat of every model.....as there is today!
Where is your source for that info? You dismiss others' ideas as "crazy", because they're ideas. But all you have is ideas too. We all have ideas. That's the only thing we have right now, nothing is solid. So relax. And with my idea, there truly will be "an *** for every seat".

Last edited by Zora.Info; 11-14-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Zora.Info is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:46 PM
  #35  
Supersonic 427
CF Senior Member
 
Supersonic 427's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: Rochester New York
Posts: 4,635
Thanked 554 Times in 342 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Zora.Info View Post
Where is your source for that info? You dismiss others' ideas as "crazy", because they're ideas. But all you have is ideas too. We all have ideas. That's the only thing we have right now, nothing is solid. So relax. And with my idea, there truly will be "an *** for every seat".
My source is history! You don't change what works!
Supersonic 427 is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:52 PM
  #36  
Jeff V.
CF Senior Member
 
Jeff V.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Location: Kansas City MO
Posts: 1,612
Thanked 640 Times in 395 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427 View Post
The Corvette is and has always been, a car that a middle class car enthusiast could obtain! It has always offered a lot of car for a reasonable amount of money. The Corvette is sold under Chevrolet for that reason! It will always be a Chevrolet Corvette and not sold under Cadillac or being made it's own brand. Tradition and History works well with the Corvette. After 65 years do you think GM/Chevrolet is going to change the formula that has made the car so successful? The new C8 ME car will continue to offer a lot of car for the money and be affordable to many. There will be as today, a range of Corvette models from the base up to a hyper performance super car model. There will be an *** for every seat of every model.....as there is today!
You're contradicting yourself. You argue they won't change the formula, while trying to talk up the greatness of a Corvette that's based on a whole new formula.

Also, it's already been sold as a Cadillac before. See: XLR.
Jeff V. is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff V. For This Useful Post:
vndkshn (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 02:53 PM
  #37  
Zora.Info
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2018
Posts: 258
Thanked 64 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Well not being in a war works... that's happened several times. A lot of stuff works, but you have to take risks. GM is doing really good right now, so taking a bold move like this could be in order.
Zora.Info is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:58 PM
  #38  
moldyviolinist
CF Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2016
Posts: 55
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 2015GTRBE View Post


Youíre missing the point.. entirely.

GM doesnít need to lower its goals just to accommodate the base car buyer of yesterday. I can afford a Supercar but instead I drive multiple ďlesserĒ cars because I am a rounded enthusiast. Iíd personally love to see Corvette make something that compels me to buy it. I just know that a 60k-70k base car mid engine isnít going to work out all that well if it were attempted.

Are you aware what cars cost 60-70k these days?!!

You think a MID ENGINE V8 should be priced as much as...
lexus RCF base model /low option
BMW M3 base model /low option
BMW 440i high options
BMW 540i sport
BMW Z4 3.0
Cadillac ATSV
Porsche Boxster
Genesis G80
..... list goes on

you canít even buy the Alfa Romeo 4C for 60k!! LOL... guys grow up. How can you be annoyed that GM doesnít want to lower their target anymore? They can still do that with the C7 for a few more years.
First of all, how do you know the bolded statement? Please provide some evidence. Lotus built the Elise and Exige for less.

Secondly, this post reveals the root of this guys position... he is trying to convince himself the C8 will be expensive, because he doesn't want it if it's cheap. A higher price will compel him to buy; he doesn't actually care about the features. The Corvette is about performance/dollar. If you need to drive a needlessly expensive car, go buy an optioned up 911.
moldyviolinist is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to moldyviolinist For This Useful Post:
CorvettoBrando (11-15-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 03:00 PM
  #39  
Zora.Info
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2018
Posts: 258
Thanked 64 Times in 30 Posts
Default

The C8 will not be really expensive. It's the successor to the C7. Will probably be under $60K starting price since the C7 is at $55K.
Zora.Info is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 03:02 PM
  #40  
jimmyb
CF Senior Member
 
jimmyb's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 6,592
Thanked 911 Times in 497 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mschuyler View Post
It is nonsense BECAUSE you advocated that 90% of the theories presented here are nonsense and THEN go off on a crazy theory of your own. IRONY: Look it up. You have zero evidence. You have zero knowledge. You're just presenting another crazy theory just like all the other crazy theories you condemn. Your second statement above is completely laughable. I don't "like" reality, but somehow you are gifted to know what that is? Square pegs and round holes? What the **** are you smoking?
"Irony can be pretty ironic" : Ted Striker, Airplane!
jimmyb is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 90% of all of these theories on here are crazy


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: