90% of all of these theories on here are crazy - Page 7 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C8 Corvette > C8 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

90% of all of these theories on here are crazy

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90% of all of these theories on here are crazy

Old 01-08-2019, 11:10 PM
jimmyb
CF Senior Member

I love it when someone who knows NOTHING, tells all the other guys who know NOTHING, that the NOTHING HE knows is correct, while the NOTHING THEY know is not.
Only on the internet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmyb For This Useful Post:
JoesC5 (01-09-2019), kozmic (01-09-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 01:04 AM
pietro c7
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2015GTRBE View Post

1. Iím not advocating my own crazy theory it is economics and marketing.
2. I am pretty gifted, it is IQ.
3. You really donít understand? Makes more sense now.
An acquired taste for some American crow perhaps?
Look at the sales numbers of the C7 the last 5 quarters...
Say it again that theyíll keep trying to sell the C7 alongside the C8 for model year 2020 and 2021.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:55 PM
JoesC5
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,269 Times in 917 Posts

Originally Posted by pietro c7 View Post

An acquired taste for some American crow perhaps?
Look at the sales numbers of the C7 the last 5 quarters...
Say it again that they’ll keep trying to sell the C7 alongside the C8 for model year 2020 and 2021.
Always possible that GM has decided to spend $10,000,000 for all new exterior body panels to change the looks(refresh) of the C7, retain most of the car that is under the body panels as is, and call it a C8, then build it along side the mid engine "Zora" and carry on for another 4-5 years.

Last edited by JoesC5; 01-09-2019 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:11 PM
bebezote
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2015GTRBE View Post
sorry people, hate to be that guy that pees on a bunch of peopleís parades of dreams and fantasies but... some of you need to stop lol. 427s, 60k price tags, 170k sticker, will it have this, will it be hybrid awd... enough!

Here is the only debate.. 1. Will it actually be the ďC8Ē or will it be part of GMs launch of Corvette as its own brand? 2. Who is itís target competition?

1. If GM plans to target this car as the C8 then I personally think it will have way too many drawbacks and things that are compromises. The Corvette C7 should have gone more up market in its base trim. Unfortunately Corvette has to leave behind some of its old fan base and shoot a bit higher. Everyone complains about the interior or this or that and that is simply because GM continues to make a 60k base car that IMO ruins the bones of the product especially the higher models like ZR1 because itís based on a 60k car. If GM is smart, they will make this a second model in the Corvette family at a higher price point and give it the budget it deserves and not worry about the lower end market share.. sorry guys. It has to be a GTR competitor and should cost 115-120k to be done right. It should also have the performance to demand the cost.

2. At 60k+.... itís has no direct competition and if Boxter is it, well that is lame.

Look, it wonít have a 427... all you geezers hoping for a muscle- mid engine hold on to your existing Corvettes. This car is about moving forward not behind. I think a flat plane crank is more realistic and possibly a turbo variant down the road which would be the engine Iíd get for mod ability. I finally want a Corvette that doesnít be have to make excuses for things like poor interior or crappy panel gap etc. The every mans toy can be the Camaro, the Corvette finally needs to grow up.

very well put...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 90% of all of these theories on here are crazy

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: