Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90% of all of these theories on here are crazy

Old 11-14-2018, 12:11 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015GTRBE
sorry people, hate to be that guy that pees on a bunch of people’s parades of dreams and fantasies but... some of you need to stop lol. 427s, 60k price tags, 170k sticker, will it have this, will it be hybrid awd... enough!

Oh, the irony. You should have stopped there, but instead you go on to do the exact thing you are complaining about

1. If GM plans to target this car as the C8 then I personally think it will have way too many drawbacks and things that are compromises. The Corvette C7 should have gone more up market in its base trim. Unfortunately Corvette has to leave behind some of its old fan base and shoot a bit higher.
Nonsense.

2. At 60k+.... it’s has no direct competition and if Boxter is it, well that is lame.
Competition is not based solely on price. So nonsense again.
The following 3 users liked this post by mschuyler:
bgspot (11-14-2018), CorvettoBrando (11-15-2018), vrybad (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 12:13 PM
2015GTRBE
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Zaro Tundov
Apples and oranges. The GTR sells under 2000 per year. The Corvette can be cheaper because of economies of scale.
Yes, which is why a mid engine shouldn’t be sold to the masses as a Chevy. Nissan changed their strategy with the GTR to build an icon, not a tarted up Nissan.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:17 PM
2015GTRBE
Advanced

Originally Posted by mschuyler
Oh, the irony. You should have stopped there, but instead you go on to do the exact thing you are complaining about

Nonsense.

Competition is not based solely on price. So nonsense again.
how is it nonsense? Because you say so? Because you want GM cost cutting to fit your dollars? Or, because you have a background in the industry and or are a corporate marketing strategist?

Maybe you just just don’t like reality. Maybe just maybe you think GM will cater just to you to keep trying to put square pegs in round holes.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:38 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

how is it nonsense? Because you say so? Because you want GM cost cutting to fit your dollars? Or, because you have a background in the industry and or are a corporate marketing strategist?

Maybe you just just don’t like reality. Maybe just maybe you think GM will cater just to you to keep trying to put square pegs in round holes.

It is nonsense BECAUSE you advocated that 90% of the theories presented here are nonsense and THEN go off on a crazy theory of your own. IRONY: Look it up. You have zero evidence. You have zero knowledge. You're just presenting another crazy theory just like all the other crazy theories you condemn. Your second statement above is completely laughable. I don't "like" reality, but somehow you are gifted to know what that is? Square pegs and round holes? What the **** are you smoking?
The following users liked this post:
khartford (05-04-2019)
Old 11-14-2018, 12:44 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,085 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Originally Posted by blipit_
These brakes definitely look like a replacement to a loaded Z06 and ZR1? Earth to everyone, they have been testing the base trim model ME.
Care to post the math formula that takes the size of the brakes as an input and spits out a final price for a car?

I didn't mean it was going to be a literal 1:1 translation in cost and performance where ME Zora is exactly equal to C7 Z06. They can still position it as a premium $80k car even though it has 'small' brakes. Weight and materials are going to play a huge part in that.

A $140,000 R8 has brakes that are marginally bigger than my poverty Z51, and about the same size as an $80,000 non-Z07 Z06.

Audi: 14.4" F / 14.0" R
C7 Z51: 13.6F / 13.3" R
C7 Z06 (w/o Z07): 14.6" F / 14.4" R

So yeah, the ME we're seeing may be the base model from a performance standpoint, but that's got jack **** to do with the price of the car. They could easily price the car somewhere in the midst of current Z06 pricing, and leave plenty of room to grow and take over for the loaded Z06 and ZR1 type of car. You can easily push a loaded Z06 into the mid 90s while still keeping those "tiny" 14" brakes.

Last edited by Jeff V.; 11-14-2018 at 01:06 PM.
vndkshn (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 12:56 PM
2015GTRBE
Advanced

It is nonsense BECAUSE you advocated that 90% of the theories presented here are nonsense and THEN go off on a crazy theory of your own. IRONY: Look it up. You have zero evidence. You have zero knowledge. You're just presenting another crazy theory just like all the other crazy theories you condemn. Your second statement above is completely laughable. I don't "like" reality, but somehow you are gifted to know what that is? Square pegs and round holes? What the **** are you smoking?
1. I’m not advocating my own crazy theory it is economics and marketing.
2. I am pretty gifted, it is IQ.
3. You really don’t understand? Makes more sense now.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:06 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,598 Likes on 6,612 Posts

2. I am pretty gifted, it is IQ.

Hmm, there some Mensa folks who have no practical sense to come out of the rain!

What don't you understand about a 427 cid engine NOT going to make 50 mpg for the Vette!

Did you think about the "marketing risk" GM has already taken with the Silverado they sell over 5500,000 per year and in 2019 will have a 2.7 Liter Turbo L4 to have a more efficient engine!

Last edited by JerryU; 11-14-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:15 PM
2015GTRBE
Advanced

Originally Posted by JerryU
Hmm, there some Mensa folks who have no practical sense to come out of the rain!

What don't you understand about a 427 cid engine NOT going to make 50 mpg for the Vette!

Did you think about the "marketing risk" GM has already taken with the Silverado they sell over 5500,000 per year and in 2019 will have a 2.7 Liter Turbo L4 to have a more efficient engine!
are you ACTUALLY special? Maybe just a little bit? Borderline? Little aspy? I -me- the “OP” said GM will NOT do a 427. Read bro, read.

Last edited by 2015GTRBE; 11-14-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:20 PM
Zora.Info
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts

sorry people, hate to be that guy that pees on a bunch of people’s parades of dreams and fantasies but... some of you need to stop lol. 427s, 60k price tags, 170k sticker, will it have this, will it be hybrid awd... enough!

Here is the only debate.. 1. Will it actually be the “C8” or will it be part of GMs launch of Corvette as its own brand? 2. Who is it’s target competition?

1. If GM plans to target this car as the C8 then I personally think it will have way too many drawbacks and things that are compromises. The Corvette C7 should have gone more up market in its base trim. Unfortunately Corvette has to leave behind some of its old fan base and shoot a bit higher. Everyone complains about the interior or this or that and that is simply because GM continues to make a 60k base car that IMO ruins the bones of the product especially the higher models like ZR1 because it’s based on a 60k car. If GM is smart, they will make this a second model in the Corvette family at a higher price point and give it the budget it deserves and not worry about the lower end market share.. sorry guys. It has to be a GTR competitor and should cost 115-120k to be done right. It should also have the performance to demand the cost.

2. At 60k+.... it’s has no direct competition and if Boxter is it, well that is lame.

Look, it won’t have a 427... all you geezers hoping for a muscle- mid engine hold on to your existing Corvettes. This car is about moving forward not behind. I think a flat plane crank is more realistic and possibly a turbo variant down the road which would be the engine I’d get for mod ability. I finally want a Corvette that doesn’t be have to make excuses for things like poor interior or crappy panel gap etc. The every mans toy can be the Camaro, the Corvette finally needs to grow up.

Thank you for basically restating a lot of what I had to say. The people on this forum are a unique bunch. Many seem to have issues comprehending and reading. And for some reason, they aren't open to new ideas, regardless of them making a lot of sense, yet they are open to ideas of an LS7 "muscle ME Corvette", $170K Corvette, halo car, etc. Its really amazing. And when I admit it was a joke about me being an insider, but reflash what I had to say as what I believe will happen and want to have a nice discussion, several people came on my thread and were very disrespectful. My thread was soon locked because of those people. But whatever. Its somewhat fun to watch. My inbox will be open to apologies when the 2020 Corvette Zora Stingray is unveiled at either Detroit or NY.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:23 PM
tslick98
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Zaro Tundov
Guy complains about crazy theories, then says the C8 must be $115K to $120K.
i agree
and then he goes and starts another one
Old 11-14-2018, 01:26 PM
Zora.Info
Racer

Just curious, why does it matter if another thread is started? Everyone should have a voice. The "bio" on this sub forum is discussion of the C8, whether it be Zora, MidEngine, or whatever form it may take. It's not like he's spamming or coming up with a SUPER crazy idea like many others so far. We've hit a time where new C8 news is practically nonexistent, so let's have some discussion, put our heads together, share our opinions and not be so hostile about it!!

Last edited by Zora.Info; 11-14-2018 at 01:27 PM.
ptran00 (04-14-2019)
Old 11-14-2018, 01:27 PM
2015GTRBE
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jeff V.
Care to post the math formula that takes the size of the brakes as an input and spits out a final price for a car?

I didn't mean it was going to be a literal 1:1 translation in cost and performance where ME Zora is exactly equal to C7 Z06. They can still position it as a premium $80k car even though it has 'small' brakes. Weight and materials are going to play a huge part in that.

A $140,000 R8 has brakes that are marginally bigger than my poverty Z51, and about the same size as an $80,000 non-Z07 Z06.

Audi: 14.4" F / 14.0" R
C7 Z51: 13.6F / 13.3" R
C7 Z06 (w/o Z07): 14.6" F / 14.4" R

So yeah, the ME we're seeing may be the base model from a performance standpoint, but that's got jack **** to do with the price of the car. They could easily price the car somewhere in the midst of current Z06 pricing, and leave plenty of room to grow and take over for the loaded Z06 and ZR1 type of car. You can easily push a loaded Z06 into the mid 90s while still keeping those "tiny" 14" brakes.
absolutey true. The problem is that some forum members don’t understand what the actual creation of a product is and does not understand that GM has no need to sell discounted mid engine V8 cars when they have no one to cross shop. The R8 is now way more expensive, a Porsche may be the only rival price wise but for a Porsche buyer to buy a Corvette it has to be top notch on all levels and they won’t give it the “best bang for the buck” routine excuse. I can’t fathom those who feel that it’s justifiable for GM to undersell themselves just to appease the buyers that don’t believe in Corvette enough to spend more for a job well done. It’s alarming how some people people think they are entitled for something for nothing. What if your business or job was asked to do a better job than last time but for similar money? Lol... consumers are terrible.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:32 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

The Corvette is and has always been, a car that a middle class car enthusiast could obtain! It has always offered a lot of car for a reasonable amount of money. The Corvette is sold under Chevrolet for that reason! It will always be a Chevrolet Corvette and not sold under Cadillac or being made it's own brand. Tradition and History works well with the Corvette. After 65 years do you think GM/Chevrolet is going to change the formula that has made the car so successful? The new C8 ME car will continue to offer a lot of car for the money and be affordable to many. There will be as today, a range of Corvette models from the base up to a hyper performance super car model. There will be an *** for every seat of every model.....as there is today!
ptran00 (04-14-2019)
Old 11-14-2018, 01:38 PM
Zora.Info
Racer

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427
... It will always be a Chevrolet Corvette and not sold under Cadillac or being made it's own brand. Tradition and History works well with the Corvette. The new C8 ME car will continue to offer a lot of car for the money and be affordable to many. There will be as today, a range of Corvette models from the base up to a hyper performance super car model. There will be an *** for every seat of every model.....as there is today!
Where is your source for that info? You dismiss others' ideas as "crazy", because they're ideas. But all you have is ideas too. We all have ideas. That's the only thing we have right now, nothing is solid. So relax. And with my idea, there truly will be "an *** for every seat".

Last edited by Zora.Info; 11-14-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:46 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

Originally Posted by Zora.Info
Where is your source for that info? You dismiss others' ideas as "crazy", because they're ideas. But all you have is ideas too. We all have ideas. That's the only thing we have right now, nothing is solid. So relax. And with my idea, there truly will be "an *** for every seat".
My source is history! You don't change what works!
ptran00 (04-14-2019)
Old 11-14-2018, 01:52 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,085 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427
The Corvette is and has always been, a car that a middle class car enthusiast could obtain! It has always offered a lot of car for a reasonable amount of money. The Corvette is sold under Chevrolet for that reason! It will always be a Chevrolet Corvette and not sold under Cadillac or being made it's own brand. Tradition and History works well with the Corvette. After 65 years do you think GM/Chevrolet is going to change the formula that has made the car so successful? The new C8 ME car will continue to offer a lot of car for the money and be affordable to many. There will be as today, a range of Corvette models from the base up to a hyper performance super car model. There will be an *** for every seat of every model.....as there is today!
You're contradicting yourself. You argue they won't change the formula, while trying to talk up the greatness of a Corvette that's based on a whole new formula.

Also, it's already been sold as a Cadillac before. See: XLR.
vndkshn (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Zora.Info
Racer

Well not being in a war works... that's happened several times. A lot of stuff works, but you have to take risks. GM is doing really good right now, so taking a bold move like this could be in order.

Get notified of new replies

To 90% of all of these theories on here are crazy

Old 11-14-2018, 01:58 PM
moldyviolinist
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You’re missing the point.. entirely.

GM doesn’t need to lower its goals just to accommodate the base car buyer of yesterday. I can afford a Supercar but instead I drive multiple “lesser” cars because I am a rounded enthusiast. I’d personally love to see Corvette make something that compels me to buy it. I just know that a 60k-70k base car mid engine isn’t going to work out all that well if it were attempted.

Are you aware what cars cost 60-70k these days?!!

You think a MID ENGINE V8 should be priced as much as...
lexus RCF base model /low option
BMW M3 base model /low option
BMW 440i high options
BMW 540i sport
BMW Z4 3.0
Cadillac ATSV
Porsche Boxster
Genesis G80
..... list goes on

you can’t even buy the Alfa Romeo 4C for 60k!! LOL... guys grow up. How can you be annoyed that GM doesn’t want to lower their target anymore? They can still do that with the C7 for a few more years.
First of all, how do you know the bolded statement? Please provide some evidence. Lotus built the Elise and Exige for less.

Secondly, this post reveals the root of this guys position... he is trying to convince himself the C8 will be expensive, because he doesn't want it if it's cheap. A higher price will compel him to buy; he doesn't actually care about the features. The Corvette is about performance/dollar. If you need to drive a needlessly expensive car, go buy an optioned up 911.
CorvettoBrando (11-15-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Zora.Info
Racer

The C8 will not be really expensive. It's the successor to the C7. Will probably be under $60K starting price since the C7 is at $55K.
ptran00 (04-14-2019)
Old 11-14-2018, 02:02 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

"Irony can be pretty ironic" : Ted Striker, Airplane!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 90% of all of these theories on here are crazy