Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 Delayed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 02:06 PM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Received 1,039 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by mre1974
From my confidential sources I am hearing that it has been pushed back from a 2020 to 2021 model year and that they are 'addressing issues' that were discovered/developed during late stages of testing the pre-production models. Won't be seeing anything new for awhile. The C7 FE platform will carry on for "at least" another model year due to these recent developments.
Same.
The following users liked this post:
Nobull (12-03-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 02:43 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,153 Likes on 5,984 Posts

Originally Posted by Zaro Tundov
Same.
What are the grumblings on the issues that have come up?
Old 11-28-2018, 02:45 PM
FactoryZ51
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Zaro Tundov
Same.
What issues?? that mysterious coolant leak caused by the mysterious scoop?
Old 11-28-2018, 05:38 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Relevant info gleaned from the key fob + logo 'leak' from today.

The key fob was submitted to the FCC in June 2018, with the external photos (including the new logo) under a typical short term confidentiality agreement.

The end date for that agreement was 11/20/2018. From this we can infer that either someone screwed up the confidentiality date (unlikely) or GM originally planned to have the logo out in public by now. My guess is it would have been with a teaser tied to the 11/18 WEC Shanghai race.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:59 PM
PCMIII
Melting Slicks

Received 868 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff V.

The key fob was submitted to the FCC in June 2018, with the external photos (including the new logo) under a typical short term confidentiality agreement.

The end date for that agreement was 11/20/2018. From this we can infer that either someone screwed up the confidentiality date (unlikely) or GM originally planned to have the logo out in public by now. My guess is it would have been with a teaser tied to the 11/18 WEC Shanghai race.
Would you infer that a Cadillac ME sports car is coming, or do you think the Cadillac logo was a ruse?

Last edited by PCMIII; 11-28-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:20 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by PCMIII
Apparently, building an ME is not just a matter of moving the engine 3 feet back and going for pizza and beer. Folks here who thought creating the ME would be simple and cheap to do, clearly don't understand engineering or physics. The forces that act on a ME car are completely different and that requires radical changes from a FE configuration. Creating Zora from scratch won't be cheap or easy, especially when its mission is to dominate tracks and reviews. Beating Porsche at its game is going to take time.

All very true but GM is not really starting from scratch. They are building on decades of race and performance engineering know how as well as standing on the shoulders of giants like Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren etc and have had the benefit of studying these design successes and failures gaining a tremendous amount of knowledge to base the C8 design on. Still lots of wotk and experimentation but not “inventing” the wheel.

With all this background I have high expectations. I hope they do not disappoint!
Old 11-28-2018, 06:28 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Originally Posted by PCMIII
Would you infer that a Cadillac ME sports car is coming, or do you think the Cadillac logo was a ruse?
GM shares parts across a lot of different cars. We now know that cover with the badge is just a snapped on battery cover, so there's any number of mundane reasons that that parts got mixed and matched. If there was a C8-badged fob that only had a traditional trunk button, that woudn't automatically mean there's a front engine Corvette coming. It's very possible someone was assembling a unit for testing and just grabbed what they had laying around.

Personally, if I was going to troll people, I'd have used a Buick or Opel badge.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:32 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,153 Likes on 5,984 Posts

Agree... teasers should have started by now.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:10 PM
PCMIII
Melting Slicks

Personally, if I was going to troll people, I'd have used a Buick or Opel badge.
Or Hummer.
If Cadillac is not real, using that logo is a realistic decoy.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:12 PM
PCMIII
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon

With all this background I have high expectations. I hope they do not disappoint!
You forgot the rich experience of Fiero!
The following users liked this post:
firstvettesoon (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 08:13 PM
PCMIII
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder

Agree... teasers should have started by now.
Maybe we get the C7.5 in Detroit.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:29 PM
TXvert
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteman41960
I think many of us who have a deposit waiting for the C8 release are starting to lose patience .

If there is no announcement by end of January I am going to pull the trigger on a 2020 911 to add to my gargage.

I have held off purchase as I am a die hard Corvette guy.

With that being said life is short and I have been holding off adding a additional toy as I am or should say was excited about a mid engine Corvette with a DOHC and DCT that would complete with the best in the world.

I live in FL so unlike some guys my driving season is year around. I was looking forward to a C8 mid engine.

In the next 2 month I will decide if I can wait until the fall of 2019 or go ahead and purchase a 911 in the spring of 2019.

I think there are lots of guys who are tired of waiting. GM may be more concerned with trying to sell the remaining C7 once the C8 is official?

But then again there are many on this forum that insist that they want the Corvette to remain a GT rather than a mid engine sports car.

I agree there are compromises to mid engine.
my 458 has very minimal storage so for r weekend getawaya my SC757 Callaway is the better choice.

Do I think regardless if GM announced the C8 there are still buyer for the C7. Expecially when the C7 sales are supported by Hugh incentive by GM.
According to Nick Murray only a few 992s will arrive in 2019 with most to arrive in 2020. He’s a pretty die hard Porsche guy so MAYBE he knows something. BTW, he’s got a really good channel if you’re into 911s. I am looking forward to seeing one in person though.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:00 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by TXvert
According to Nick Murray only a few 992s will arrive in 2019 with most to arrive in 2020. He’s a pretty die hard Porsche guy so MAYBE he knows something. BTW, he’s got a really good channel if you’re into 911s. I am looking forward to seeing one in person though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EooO6SZo5ws
Thanks for the video link. I heard deliveries would be in full swing by mid summer from my local Porsche dealership.

My real hope is that the C8 is announced as I am a life long Corvette guy.

Just really tired of coming to this forum daily and being disappointed by the lack of REAL NEWS from GM.

I think there are lots of guys that are feed up with the wait.

I guess it's my fault for pinning my hopes on the Detroit Auto show.

Seem like GM would have dropped some teasers by now unless they plan a different roll out than was done with the C7.

Quick Reply: C8 Delayed?