Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rick Conti

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 09:20 AM
hunter105
Racer

Received 184 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Rick Conti

Rick Conti on his latest blog says he believes NYC Auto show will be the C8 reveal. I have been stating this for over 2 months. I guess my guy at my dealership was correct. Now we have to wait and see!!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6kfCM-...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by hunter105; 11-28-2018 at 09:26 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by hunter105:
dcbingaman (11-28-2018), firstvettesoon (11-28-2018), PHILLIP YOUNG (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 01:45 PM
mitchydkid
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 85 Posts

With enough guesses some of the guesses will be correct.
The following 3 users liked this post by mitchydkid:
djnice (12-01-2018), firstvettesoon (11-28-2018), Garret (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 01:50 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Other big forum dealers have been told NYC as well by GM sources.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:05 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

Nothing earth shattering from Rick.

And with all due respect, he really needs to remember that the most effective way around a track is the shortest most efficient line. That said, what should have taken him less than 5 minutes took him over 17 minutes.

While I understand his intent, I'd really appreciate it if he worked to refine his "skill" and make his videos laser-focused, succinct and impactful.

There's some REALLY intense, informative and/or entertaining 30 and 60 second commercials out there.

Rick is good/comfortable in front of a camera. Would like to see him treating his videos like so many of us treat our Corvettes.... work to make them faster, more agile (lighter/leaner) and better sounding/looking.

Last edited by FrankLP; 11-28-2018 at 02:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
djnice (11-30-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 02:33 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,210 Posts

I think Rick said it's either New York, NCM or maybe even a 2021 reveal? Very informative.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:55 PM
blackbirdws6
Pro

Received 242 Likes on 139 Posts

I guessed that it would be debuted in 2019 so I win.

Originally Posted by FrankLP

And with all due respect, he really needs to remember that the most effective way around a track is the shortest most efficient line. That said, what should have taken him less than 5 minutes took him over 17 minutes.

While I understand his intent, I'd really appreciate it if he worked to refine his "skill" and make his videos laser-focused, succinct and impactful.

There's some REALLY intense, informative and/or entertaining 30 and 60 second commercials out there.

Rick is good/comfortable in front of a camera. Would like to see him treating his videos like so many of us treat our Corvettes.... work to make them faster, more agile (lighter/leaner) and better sounding/looking.
That's the YouTube model. There are metrics in place tied to revenue regarding the number of watched minutes. The longer the video, the easier it is the rack up the minutes and potential for more revenue. This attempts to avoid the situation of a 10 sec clip going viral and earning all the $. YouTube wants people watching longer so they can also get another ad in as well.
D'ZR1 Messiah (11-29-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 03:12 PM
Quinten33
Burning Brakes

Received 536 Likes on 238 Posts

In all fairness, Youtube videos do better in terms of being suggested and monetized when they’re more than 10:00 minutes in length. Every YouTuber I watch will make at least 90% of their content that long, aside from those who make short comedic or music videos(And the good ones still get monetized). I didn’t watch Rick’s video, but it’s best for his channel if he keeps the vast majority of his videos within the 10-20 minute timeframe.

Anyways, The NY Auto Show will likely be the reveal location of the Cadillac CT4 and CT5, as well as a new SUV for GMC. That’s not including one of the 23 new electric cars GM promised, and the next-generation Chevy Trax and Buick Encore may make their debut in New York if their development process is going as quickly as I think it is. So, what better way to cap off a dominant auto-show showing than to show the world the most anticipated car of all time? It’s the last show of the season, and nobody will have a better product debut there or within a month of the C8 debut. The timing also allows a shorter time between the car’s announcement and the start of production, which is something that people seem to enjoy. We have to understand that GM is treating information surrounding this car just like information for any other GM product, so they won’t say anything about it until they want to, regardless of what people already know. If they debut it in Detroit, we’d wait 8-9 months for production after knowing most of the details and much of the hype around the car will die. If it debuts in NY, maybe with the C8.R debuting at Le Mans and both being in the Pebble Beach Concurs, there will be much more excitement and anticipation towards the start of production.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:16 PM
yellowmnm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

BlackbirdWS6: The other side of that 10-second clip is after that, they then want more information! So Rick is one that has really above most peoples access to good information and usually a lot more of it. Depends on each persons perceptive.

Last edited by yellowmnm; 11-28-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:34 PM
dcbingaman
Burning Brakes

Received 342 Likes on 207 Posts

NYC Auto Show makes sense, because it allows the Corvette team to make the pitch to the "faithful" at the NCM 2019 Michelin BASH. Book your flights soon, friends- the next BASH could be a sell-out.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:57 PM
blackbirdws6
Pro

Received 242 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowmnm
BlackbirdWS6: The other side of that 10-second clip is after that, they then want more information! So Rick is one that has really above most peoples access to good information and usually a lot more of it. Depends on each persons perceptive.
I was exaggerating but you get the point. I'm not knocking Rick but many YouTuber's pad the clock and say the same thing multiple times in a slightly different way.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:16 PM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

And with all due respect, he really needs to remember that the most effective way around a track is the shortest most efficient line..
Probably hard to remember that one if you never drive on the track or own a corvette...
FrankLP (11-29-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 09:46 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Detroit in january...not NY City...although if it is..ill be ok as its a local show that ive been going to since 1964..

detroit will be the show. iMO
Old 11-28-2018, 11:17 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 973 Likes on 458 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by mitchydkid
Indeed. along with some of the stupid price threads, render threads...etc.etc.etc....I just can't wait for this to be over so we can see all the " I wish it had this" threads...LOL...or " it should have had this" threads....
Old 11-28-2018, 11:21 PM
SoCalC7
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbirdws6
I was exaggerating but you get the point. I'm not knocking Rick but many YouTuber's pad the clock and say the same thing multiple times in a slightly different way.
The longer the video, the more ads can be displayed. It ALWAYS comes down to ad revenue.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:19 AM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,831 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by djnice
Probably hard to remember that one if you never drive on the track or own a corvette...
That's a pretty douchey thing to say.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:26 AM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Nothing earth shattering from Rick. And with all due respect, he really needs to remember that the most effective way around a track is the shortest most efficient line. .
Originally Posted by djnice
Originally Posted by BMadden
That's a pretty douchey thing to say.
Whether it was directed at Rick or myself I took it as sort of "tongue in cheek"... actually chuckled when I read it.

Last edited by FrankLP; 11-29-2018 at 06:28 AM.
djnice (11-30-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 01:15 PM
FlyboyZR1
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

With all due respect, does your YouTube not have a fast-forward feature? I personally enjoy the length of Rick's videos and the free content he puts out. He does a fantastic job, and there's nothing stopping you from creating your own channel if you can create videos that are faster and more agile like your corvette . Give credit where credit is due. Just trying to be positive

Get notified of new replies

To Rick Conti

Old 11-29-2018, 02:16 PM
MACH 1
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every blind squirrel gets a nut. : )

BTW mitchydkid, I smile every time I see your avatar pic -- reminds me of our oldest when she was a baby.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:39 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by FlyboyZR1
With all due respect, does your YouTube not have a fast-forward feature? I personally enjoy the length of Rick's videos and the free content he puts out. He does a fantastic job, and there's nothing stopping you from creating your own channel if you can create videos that are faster and more agile like your corvette . Give credit where credit is due. Just trying to be positive
It sure does. I scrub through long videos like Rick's all the time.

And while I don't (or want to) have a YouTube channel, I owned/operated a video/audio production company for several years filming and producing corporate videos and TV commercials. So I guess I'm a bit biased to shorter productions.

As I mentioned in another post, Rick is certainly comfortable/competent in front of a camera. You can tell he really enjoys it. I give him all the credit in the world for that and his good intentions.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:19 AM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,950 Likes on 937 Posts

Your post made me chuckle...and reminded me of an ol saying: Even a broken clock is correct twice a day...

Quick Reply: Rick Conti