Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 Emblem leaked - minor differences from C7

Old 11-30-2018, 10:01 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,147 Likes on 5,983 Posts

I like them all... cool to see the evolution. My least favorite is the C6 with the flags being too flat.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:29 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,967 Likes on 1,665 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder

Looks like a lawn dart.
The following users liked this post:
ArmchairArchitect (12-01-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 08:14 PM
FactoryZ51
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder

Are we sure that textured material around the c8 logo isn't carbon fiber???
the likes of which would be needed in an exotic new machine capable of competing with the lambos??

Last edited by FactoryZ51; 11-30-2018 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:27 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,152 Likes on 514 Posts

The emblem is a very important component that indicates provenance like a family crest. I think this is a very critical that Corvette gets this right. There seems to be a hierarchy in it's look of speed and aggression which I like a lot. There seems to be a mathematical logic to the ratio of width to height of it when viewing straight on. The C6 emblem had a width to height ratio of 100% to 33%. The C7 emblem had a width to height ratio of 100% to 66%. And the new C8 emblem now has a width to height ratio of100% to 100%. No doubt there is a mathematical logic that is going on here. A definite logarithmic expansion that was well thought out. Kudos to Team Corvette for developing details that go deep into artform.

You can also be sure that the new emblem design will continue the faceted jewel like bevels around the perimeters that reflect light. Parallel detailing and higher quality inserts will have a jewelry level of detail. The new emblem will eclipse the C7 emblem in its quality of detail. Can't wait to see it ! Here is a custom Corvette emblem artisan that machines incredibly crafted emblems to jewel like finish and detailing.

https://www.cnccookbook.com/austin-b...er-car-badges/

http://s3.cnccookbook.com/img/Others...7TwinTurbo.jpg

It appears CRABBYJ's emblem is very close. The emblem on the Key FOB is too small to test the angles accurately but CRABBYJ's does allow my Kor-I-Noor Rapidograph adjustable Drafting Triangle to fit within my monitor perimeter ledge. Knowing that the centerline is true vertical, the next two vertical lines that are parallel are 7 degrees splayed outward of the centerline. The two most outer vertical lines that create the top two points are actually 5 degrees splayed out from the centerline. So both pairs of the top two angles are not actually parallel with one another.
The new emblem appears to be a hybrid of this design logic. There appears to be a centerline on the new emblem that is a vertical beveled metal look. The next two vertical lines show them being perfectly parallel to the centerline. The two most outer vertical lines that create the top two points on the new emblem are splayed out at only 2 degrees giving the new emblem a more vertical look with closer paralleled lines.

Last edited by skank; 11-30-2018 at 08:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
elegant (11-30-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 12:17 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,978 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Lol!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C8 Emblem leaked - minor differences from C7