Key Fob leaks and solid steel rotors are enough proof for me.... prove me wrong. - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C8 Corvette > C8 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Key Fob leaks and solid steel rotors are enough proof for me.... prove me wrong.

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Fob leaks and solid steel rotors are enough proof for me.... prove me wrong.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:06 PM
  #41  
NY09C6
CF Senior Member
 
NY09C6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 158 Times in 112 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by PCMIII
At best it will look like the renders we have here, which are good but not must have. Mid engine cars handle very differently from FE because of physics. Manual transmissions are not worth it to auto makers. Cargo space is not a priority for ME cars. You seem to have a problem with logical thinking.
Yet Jeep just put a manual trans in a newly designed pickup truck. There is quite a bit more demand for sticks in sports cars than pickup trucks.
NY09C6 is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 04:11 PM
  #42  
PCMIII
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2013
Location: Annandale VA
Posts: 547
Thanked 83 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NY09C6 View Post
Yet Jeep just put a manual trans in a newly designed pickup truck. There is quite a bit more demand for sticks in sports cars than pickup trucks.
Since DCTs shift much faster than a stick, the rationale for a stick in a sports car has collapsed. Even with the lousy 8 speed auto in the C7, manuals are only 20%.
PCMIII is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 04:27 PM
  #43  
rmorin1249
CF Senior Member
 
rmorin1249's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2012
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 5,626
Thanked 1,161 Times in 826 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18
Default

When BMW announced no manual for the current M5 I was convinced that manual transmissions are going the way of the Dodo bird.
rmorin1249 is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 04:28 PM
  #44  
NY09C6
CF Senior Member
 
NY09C6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 158 Times in 112 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by PCMIII
Since DCTs shift much faster than a stick, the rationale for a stick in a sports car has collapsed. Even with the lousy 8 speed auto in the C7, manuals are only 20%.
Shift speed does not matter for those who enjoy driving a manual. 20% is a large percentage.
NY09C6 is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 06:51 PM
  #45  
Tyler_RN_EMT
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Tyler_RN_EMT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: Pendleton Indiana
Posts: 435
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NY09C6 View Post
Shift speed does not matter for those who enjoy driving a manual. 20% is a large percentage.
This exactly! The corvette for 99% of its owners is NOT a daily driver..... we drive them for the enjoyment of driving them.... and to me I think part of that enjoyment is shifting gears..... there is just something about it that connects you to the car in a way that an automatic .... even a paddle shift cannot. For the guy that buys the car to have more than 50% of its miles put on it at the track then yeah auto DCT is the way to go.... but for most corvette owners..they drive the car ďfor funĒ and I think many people want at least the option to have a manual.

-Tyler

Last edited by Tyler_RN_EMT; 11-30-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Tyler_RN_EMT is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Tyler_RN_EMT For This Useful Post:
Supersonic 427 (11-30-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 07:19 PM
  #46  
NewYuriCity
CF Senior Member
 
NewYuriCity's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Posts: 149
Thanked 107 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder View Post
I hope you're wrong on one area... that stupid spoiler. I hope it was a place holder for an active rear spoiler that approximated the "up" position. Doubt it though...
I hope so too but also like you I doubt it, the only indicator being the cars tested on the street didnít appear to have spoilers underneath the camo. At the very least though I have faith the design team did something with it to make it look less out of place than it does with the camo cars.
NewYuriCity is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 07:24 PM
  #47  
ByByBMW
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ByByBMW's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2004
Location: AZ
Posts: 5,021
Thanked 79 Times in 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17

Default

Originally Posted by NY09C6 View Post
Shift speed does not matter for those who enjoy driving a manual. 20% is a large percentage.


ByByBMW is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 08:40 PM
  #48  
pietro c7
CF Senior Member
 
pietro c7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2013
Location: montreal quebec
Posts: 875
Thanks: 0
Thanked 167 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vndkshn View Post
Car isn't even released and you already know exactly what it will look like, how it will handle, exactly what transmission options there will be and how much cargo room it has? One hell of a magic 8 ball you have there.
PCM has shot about 100 darts on this next vette,and has missed everywhere.

At this point itís a safe bet to assume that the C8 is going to be the complete opposite of what PCM has stated.
pietro c7 is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 09:27 PM
  #49  
LawrenceFromTorrance
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: Oakhurst Ca
Posts: 995
Thanked 53 Times in 33 Posts
Default

So after reading this thread up to this point I had a thought. If GM is worried about the number of ME cars it can sell, why not simultaneously release a Corvette and a Cadillac version. Make the Cadillac version more expensive because of a better interior then you could get stuffy Cadillac buyers because they can say it's better than the Corvette (cost more, Cadillac name, better interior) and still get Corvette buyers because it's a Corvette (maybe faster because it's lighter than the Cadillac). This could explain why we seem to see two versions and why it's taking so long to reveal.
Go ahead and tell me why I can't be right
LawrenceFromTorrance is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 09:30 PM
  #50  
PCMIII
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2013
Location: Annandale VA
Posts: 547
Thanked 83 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NY09C6 View Post
Shift speed does not matter for those who enjoy driving a manual. 20% is a large percentage.
totally agree but we are a dying breed.
PCMIII is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 09:33 PM
  #51  
PCMIII
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2013
Location: Annandale VA
Posts: 547
Thanked 83 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pietro c7 View Post


PCM has shot about 100 darts on this next vette,and has missed everywhere.

At this point itís a safe bet to assume that the C8 is going to be the complete opposite of what PCM has stated.
I am predicting it will beat the Porsche 911 Turbo S. You are predicting it will beat the Fiero, right?
PCMIII is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 09:36 PM
  #52  
PCMIII
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2013
Location: Annandale VA
Posts: 547
Thanked 83 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LawrenceFromTorrance View Post
So after reading this thread up to this point I had a thought. If GM is worried about the number of ME cars it can sell, why not simultaneously release a Corvette and a Cadillac version. Make the Cadillac version more expensive because of a better interior then you could get stuffy Cadillac buyers because they can say it's better than the Corvette (cost more, Cadillac name, better interior) and still get Corvette buyers because it's a Corvette (maybe faster because it's lighter than the Cadillac). This could explain why we seem to see two versions and why it's taking so long to reveal.
Go ahead and tell me why I can't be right
Good points. But Zora will be very high performance while the Caddy will be built for comfort, not for speed.
PCMIII is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 10:01 PM
  #53  
NY09C6
CF Senior Member
 
NY09C6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 158 Times in 112 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by PCMIII
totally agree but we are a dying breed.
BMW recently promised manual trans M cars for at least another 10 years. The M4 is a nice car that I would easily switch to if GM only offers a auto.
NY09C6 is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 03:06 AM
  #54  
VETTE-NV
13 Vettes & counting.....
Support Corvetteforum!
 
VETTE-NV's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,081
Thanked 405 Times in 241 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by PCMIII View Post
Not for me. The ME is interesting, but hardly compelling given the styling and tricky handling, not to mention no manual or cargo space.
I would like to see a refreshed C7 Grand Sport with the Blackwing and 10 speed auto or 7 speed manual, plus heated steering wheel, blind spot monitor, etc. All for under $70K.
Also, I would like to see a Corvette SUV similar to the Lambo Urus. Am I dreaming?

NO.....you're just an idiot.


Can we vote this douchebag off the island?
VETTE-NV is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: