What if it starts at $80K? - Page 4 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What if it starts at $80K?

Old 12-03-2018, 10:33 PM
NY09C6
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Zora.Info
Well, if we are putting in our wishes then I wish people would stop calling it the C8 Corvette. Maybe meet in the middle and just call it the Corvette ME? That's all we know really. It's a Corvette and its Rear Mid Engine.
That would silly.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:57 PM
foreignbishop

I think one question helps to answer the ops question................If GM is done with FE development and the C7 is the last iteration of a front engine Corvette, what do you think the ME replacement will cost? The only way you get above a $70K base price is when you start making the following assumptions: 1. Camaro will replace the current price point for Corvette. 2. GM doesn't care about the Corvette's buyers financial demographic. Again, this is predicated on FE development of the Corvette being dead. Last I heard, Tadge put quite a presentation together detailing just that point.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:39 PM
ssidekickbp
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 89L98
That is the best post I have seen on this Forum. LMFAO.
Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
Laughed out loud at that one.
I also can't wait till right after the C8 reveal when he starts saying the previous car ( C7) is obsolete and not good and has all types or shortfalls.... the guy is great at making his previous 6 months buyers feel like they just wasted their money on something he suddenly deems inferior.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:01 PM
Zora.Info
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ssidekickbp View Post
I also can't wait till right after the C8 reveal when he starts saying the previous car ( C7) is obsolete and not good and has all types or shortfalls.... the guy is great at making his previous 6 months buyers feel like they just wasted their money on something he suddenly deems inferior.
Huh?
Old 12-04-2018, 07:12 PM
ssidekickbp
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Zora.Info
Huh?
Guess you never saw some of the interviews with Tadge right after the C7 was introduced...
Old 12-04-2018, 09:14 PM
ViperFan1
CF Member

You'll have to add about $100k to that 80 to even get a few options..

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: