Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FE a Cadillac, ME a Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 09:29 PM
zr_kaizen
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Default FE a Cadillac, ME a Corvette?

Years ago, I remember a forum comment on Jalopnik, someone claimed to work at the Bowling Green plant. They said that the reconfig was to start building the XLR again. I haven't been able to find that comment since, but it got me thinking...

What if the FE Corvette stays but is rebranded as a Cadillac grand tourer, and the ME Corvette stays within the Chevrolet family as the performance-oriented sports car?

Anyways, any programmers on here able to build a script to scrape the Jalopnik comments? I'd like to revisit that comment...a staffer on Jalopnik reached out to them and told them to reach out directly, but haven't seen anything since.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:43 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Not impossible.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:56 PM
Zora.Info
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts

I don't see that happening. The most logical thing I can see happening is the Zora and Cadillac ME sharing the same chassis, DCT transmission, engines, etc. And the C8 FE could use some of those parts as well.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:16 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Plans of “years ago” are now extinct as far as to predicting what will be happening within BGA. Look at the big announcment last April that the CT6 was coming with its 500 HP, 4.2L motor, and a CT6 Sport version that was going to have th 4.2L Blackwing motor developing 550 HP and 627 TQ.

Both CT6 versions will be dead this June. Thank you Bob Dylan...

Old 12-03-2018, 11:30 PM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

I don't see this happening. If they were going to build an FE car, it would be the Corvette. We will know when they debut this damned ME car, if they debut this ME car. When/if they do and it's called the 8th generation, then we will know the FE is done. If they call it anything but the C8, and continue production of FE cars, then the C8 will be an FE car, and the ME will be on it's own generational timeline. I only use the word "if" because in light of recent developments, and GM's silence about the car to date, they could very well scrap the idea...again.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:27 AM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

Enough of this Cadillac stuff! Go to the Cadillac board (if there is one) and keep talking about Cadillacs!! Anyone with half a sense knows that a Cadillac Sports car will not sell well and would be almost DOA, let alone take the FE Corvette and all its glory and then badge it as a Cadillac?? SMH!! And if Cadillac ever brings a sports car out again you can bet it won't be called after a failed name of XLR! Some people really need to stop being stuck in the past!
The following users liked this post:
Boiler_81 (12-04-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 08:30 AM
car junkie
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458
Enough of this Cadillac stuff! Go to the Cadillac board (if there is one) and keep talking about Cadillacs!! Anyone with half a sense knows that a Cadillac Sports car will not sell well and would be almost DOA, let alone take the FE Corvette and all its glory and then badge it as a Cadillac?? SMH!! And if Cadillac ever brings a sports car out again you can bet it won't be called after a failed name of XLR! Some people really need to stop being stuck in the past!
The Cadillac talk is the only interesting thing going on here. I would have thought by past experience the mods would have moved the Caddy threads to where few would see them by now but no, looks like they get how boring this ME discussion has gotten and are leaving them alone. Nothing left to talk about on the ME C8 until we see what's going to be in the showroom.

I'm VERY interested in the possible purchase of a ME Caddy.
The following users liked this post:
rmorin1249 (12-04-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To FE a Cadillac, ME a Corvette?

Quick Reply: FE a Cadillac, ME a Corvette?