Corvette salesman slips and tells the price of the C8 - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C8 Corvette > C8 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Corvette salesman slips and tells the price of the C8

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette salesman slips and tells the price of the C8

Old 12-06-2018, 03:18 AM
WGGS
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by nyca View Post
The 992 is a $120K+ car now (before you fatten it up with options). If the C8 comes in around that number. someone is going to step in and fill that $70-$120K slot with a competent sports car.
$120k is for the 911s. Porsche has not announced pricing for the base 911 which is currently $91k. I figure the new 992 will be right around $100k for the base model. The Cayman GTS is in the low to mid $90k now so I’m sure Porsche wants a clearer price gap between the two particular when they most like will increase power from 370 to close to 400hp IMO.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:39 AM
Corgidog1
CF Senior Member

A lowly salesman has access to this info? I doubt it.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:07 PM
nexxis
CF Senior Member

Key phrase about $140k: “Super rare car.” Aka, killing the Corvette.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:20 PM
MitchAlsup
CF Senior Member

If GM put an all aluminum skin on the C8 (it won't)
And if GM put a orange peel free paint on the C8 (it won't)
And if GM put a $20K interior in the C8 (It won't)
And if GM put a $20K brake system in the C8 (it wont')
And if GM put 650 HP is the base C8 (it won't)
Then it might actually be worth $140K.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:37 PM
Hammerhead69
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by z06inVB View Post
So a plant running under 30% capacity will build a car so expensive that once the initial gotta have it is over will drop said capacity to near zero.

Right.
Well, GM did make the genius decision to take the slow selling Volt, slap a Caddy logo on it, add $40k to the sticker price, & then expected people to actually buy the thing. So yeah, what you say here is entirely plausible.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:04 AM
Zymurgy
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,946 Times in 1,009 Posts

Old 12-07-2018, 03:03 PM
JABCAT
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by BMadden View Post
This guy is a complete tool box. He knows as much about the pricing of the C8 as I do....which is absolutely nothing!
He is the exact reason I never step foot in a dealership nor deal with "sales people" when buying my vehicles. I especially like how he wastes however many minutes trying to claim GM built his customer's ZR1 wrong when, in fact, his dealership didn't double-check the VIN before installing the ZTK aero on the wrong car. That's not a confusing process ordering the car, it's incompetent dealership personnel not reading paperwork or knowing what was ordered. The best part is that he posts his incompetence online for all the world to see
Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM
DSOMDream
CF Senior Member

Just when does this crap end? Salesman slips... yeah, ok. Paul
Old Today, 01:41 AM
vetteship
CF Senior Member

GM is not "stupid", they know about the new 911 Carrera S (revealed already), the Jag F Type R (and the SVT), The Vette (any Vette) is a bang for the buck car, if GM overprices the mid engine C8 and loses sight of that concept, we are all doomed
Old Today, 02:52 AM
ElisTwoCents
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '05-'06, '16, '17-'18

Originally Posted by c7pimp View Post
lmfao
Old Today, 09:18 AM
ViperFan1
CF Member

Originally Posted by fasttoys View Post
Good luck GM 140kish MSRP and top off at 210k.
Let's ponder for a minute. GM who is downsizing with layoffs & plant closings is coming out with a base ME well above 140k. Huh, I truly appreciate you posting this very informative video, I am now very informed and will start saving up a few more penny’s to afford this great deal.

In all fairness, they will be competing with situations like the below. A new Mclaren with 3-year unlimited mile warranty that is not having issues wink, wink like the ME that is in development according to his video.

On this site below a Mclaren, a dealer has markdown 570S to $189,900 and you can get it for even lower than that number... This new 570S has 3 miles with a 224k MSRP. with real carbon fiber 0 to 60 under 3.3 seconds with ceramic brakes not like the steal little rotors that are on the ME testing on the Nuremberg. Plus a Front lift system which is only a 1,500 dollar option and people on this forum have the new ME front lift at 3,500 plus option to justify their 169k overinflated starting MSRP.
Okay I am done ✅

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

he was reffering to the ZR1s problems.
Old Today, 09:25 AM
ViperFan1
CF Member

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427 View Post
I seriously doubt that any salesman anywhere knows the price of the C8. I would bet GM doesn't have the exact base price set yet! Like many he is speculating....and off by about 80K
lmfao you think the ME will cost 60k? Go buy a Camaro dude this ain’t your daddy’s Vette. The salesman is about 10k under all of you tools are going to feel really stupid just like the ZR1 guys who thought they had a 6:40 ring car.. until that thread died just like the failure zr1.

the me will be chevys viper/ford gt.the c8 will be FE the mid engine will be low volume/speciality.

what are all of your credentials to call this respected dealer a liar? You are only angry because you can’t afford a 170k car.

the viper base is 100k, Ford gt vase 440k, zora will follow speciality pricing.

the c7 base car is $56k
Old Today, 09:29 AM
ViperFan1
CF Member

Originally Posted by nyca View Post
The 992 is a $120K+ car now (before you fatten it up with options). If the C8 comes in around that number. someone is going to step in and fill that $70-$120K slot with a competent sports car.

They already make a C7 and they will continue making everyday mans front engine vettes.
Old Today, 10:03 AM
Spasetrucker
CF Senior Member

Have fun with your Drooper, er, I mean Vapor.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: