Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mules in hibernation… plant closings… reveal delays…

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 05:40 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Originally Posted by tcinla
This chart tells the story of GM. No wonder they are pretty much abandoning sedans, as is Ford. Ironic that the Germans, Japanese and Koreans are eating our lunch in the traditional car market. Through the 1960s it was all about American chrome and muscle, now we have appeared to be losing the market to the rest of the world. Surprised to see the Continental on this list.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:33 PM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 390 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
And Elon came within a gnat's eyelash of crashing Tesla. He's still not out of the woods.
Tesla's are all over this place. Like Prius's, they're very prominent.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:52 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
they didn't leak anything, photographers took pictures of it and made it public.

Tell me, is there going to be a front engine Corvette sold along side the ME? How much for the ME? When is the ME going to go on sale? We all know that GM brass follow C8 Gen, they are well aware of the hundreds of questions being asked by eager followers of the Corvette and this dullards can't even release info on the most basic of information that wouldn't hurt the release or give anything of importance away to the competition. Why can't they even say when the ME will debut? This to me sounds like a company who really isn't in touch with it's loyal customer base.
Come on....this is a BIG country. If GM didn't want the car SEEN, it wouldn't be SEEN. How many new Ford GT mules got their picture taken before the intro?

So, you really think this is HOW it happened?
"Hey fellas, let's go grab some Big Macs."
"OK, who's driving?"
"Aw, let's just take the C8 mules, they're right outside. No one will notice"
The following users liked this post:
ZishanM (12-16-2018)
Old 12-16-2018, 09:53 PM
Red67John
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 195 Posts

Those numbers reflect only small and midsize “luxury cars and the total number of those vehicles was nothing compared to American truck sales. Ford and Ram light truck sales alone in the same month was 130,000 (GM only reports quarterly sales). The issue on eliminating cars is that Americans want trucks and SUVs.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:22 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
This chart tells the story of GM. No wonder they are pretty much abandoning sedans, as is Ford. Ironic that the Germans, Japanese and Koreans are eating our lunch in the traditional car market. Through the 1960s it was all about American chrome and muscle, now we have appeared to be losing the market to the rest of the world. Surprised to see the Continental on this list.
So many Americans have been brain washed into believing that if a car is imported then it has to be better than any American car
Old 12-16-2018, 11:22 PM
WetMountainMan
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

After reading "All Corvettes are Red", the history of the C5, all of this speculation sounds pretty silly and sounds so familiar to that history. Getting the C5 built was a nightmare, 9 years in the making. And a ME Vette has been a fantasy since the '50s. So, it will happen when, or if, it happens.

Quick Reply: Mules in hibernation… plant closings… reveal delays…