Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 is going to be super ugly. Hold onto your C7’s

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 10:35 AM
Atari_Prime
Drifting

Received 555 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie2blue
Every single change and we have to have the crybabies wailing. Remember the death of pop up lights? When we lost the round taillights? When the C6 Z06 lost the C5 style hardtop? Every time there is a change there is a a bunch of people that whine that they can’t stand the change, will never like the POS etc, while most of those people I see that were once whining about all that are now driving what they once complained about. Thank God GM doesn’t actually spend too much time listening to the drivel that goes on around here too much. I have a C6 and a C7 parked in my garage, and as much as I love the C6, it looks positively antique next to the C7 when you look at them side by side every day. Thankfully things keep changing to keep things interesting. Can’t wait to see how the C8 makes the C7 look antique.
1) Getting rid of pop-up headlights was a mistake. 2) Getting rid of round taillights was a mistake. 3) The C6 Z06...we that one was the better version no complaint there. 4) The C7 was a mistake too. 5) The C8...hard to say...it looks decent, a bit 'hard' not quite elegant as would be nice. The new taillights, while absolutely not reminiscent of Corvette, and much more reminiscient of Mercedes, are quite nice.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:13 AM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Received 652 Likes on 446 Posts

I'll take a wait and see attitude. If I like it when it comes out, I'll buy one. If I wanted an ugly Corvette, I'd get a C-7. If I wanted a super ugly one, I'd buy a C-4.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:16 AM
lobsterroboto
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 213 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C7 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

It doesn't matter what it's going to look like.

It'll just be in your garage 99% of the time and the only time anyone will see it is other Corvette owners in some parking lot.

Quick Reply: C8 is going to be super ugly. Hold onto your C7’s