C8 will be AWD - Page 5 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 will be AWD

Old 01-03-2019, 10:47 PM
VETTE-NV
13 Vettes & counting.....
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JoesC5 View Post
When Ford was working on the new 1955 Tbird, their ROI was based on 10,000 annual sales. With the sales numbers that averaged 17,722 annually for the 3 years the 2 seater was in production, Ford made money.

But, Ford was ahead of the game and made even more money on the 4 seater that replaced the 2 seater in 1958.

How about citing an example that's relevant to this century?
Old 01-05-2019, 02:00 AM
megan.andrews

Originally Posted by djnice View Post
It would be pretty boring with AWD. No skill required. Might as well just get Tahoe. And an older fun car for track.
Well said, i have also bad experience with AWD!
Old 01-05-2019, 02:43 AM
RACE U
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

All I can say is if the C8 is above $120k (no matter how its configured), I am really happy to have my C7 Z06.

If this proves true, my 6th corvette (the C7 Z06) will be my last.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:50 PM
VETFEVER
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Crossed Flags Fan View Post
The top of the line C8 will have AWD, powered by a 12 cylinder mid-engine, a tubine front engine and nuclear powered rear engine.
My grandmother's friend has a cousin who works in the diner across from the site where GM garbage is dumped confirmed this after the diner's cook found a scrap of paper that blew across the road and on to his windshield with all this info on it.
And that's a fact Jack.
My name is Jack, so I figured you posted this for me.

Kidding aside, I imagine Chevy will evolve the ME car as the model years go by just as they have with previous generations. "Base model" out first might be a simple RWD set-up. They can then make it a hybrid by adding an electric motor to the gas drive train, still only RWD. This would allow them to develop their battery technology and application. The full monty (kind of like the C7 ZR1) would add the electric motors up front pushing power up to or maybe even over 1,000 HP... Pricing foe the versions/generations would accordingly suit the car's evolution.

Last edited by VETFEVER; 01-07-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C8 will be AWD

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: