Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 will be at NAIAS 2019

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 03:03 PM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
We can all make any predictions we want. Just don't act like you have some factual, insider information unless you really do.
Even if you do have some insight too, know where the knowledge ends. I could have told folks about the DCT on the GT500 last year (if I didn't value my job), I didn't know a thing about the cross plane crank, pricing, horsepower, release date, production numbers, etc.
The following 3 users liked this post by jefnvk:
Boiler_81 (01-15-2019), Foosh (01-15-2019), Malum1 (01-16-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 03:20 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,792 Likes on 1,141 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by khartford
I also know 3 engineers that work on the project. These guys are totally professional. No one is talking because it would mean their job.
This point can't be emphasized enough. It's no secret that I know a lot of the engineers on the Corvette team. Including the guy at the head of the class. And do you know how much I know about the new car?

Nothing. Literally everything I know I've learned from the forum. Why? Is it because my friends on the engineering team don't trust me? Nooooooo, that's not even remotely the answer. It's because they all like their jobs! And they'd lose them in half a heartbeat if they said anything to me.

Beware of newbies that suddenly show up and say they "know a guy, and he said..." It's probably more useful to pay closer attention to the folks that have a proven history of "predictions". ;-)
The following 3 users liked this post by jvp:
Boiler_81 (01-15-2019), jagamajajaran (01-15-2019), Malum1 (01-16-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 03:36 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,148 Likes on 5,983 Posts

Originally Posted by jvp
This point can't be emphasized enough. It's no secret that I know a lot of the engineers on the Corvette team. Including the guy at the head of the class. And do you know how much I know about the new car?

Nothing. Literally everything I know I've learned from the forum. Why? Is it because my friends on the engineering team don't trust me? Nooooooo, that's not even remotely the answer. It's because they all like their jobs! And they'd lose them in half a heartbeat if they said anything to me.

Beware of newbies that suddenly show up and say they "know a guy, and he said..." It's probably more useful to pay closer attention to the folks that have a proven history of "predictions". ;-)
Ok... get back to work Tadge.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:06 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

Zerv was wrong about the laughable retail price and is wrong about this as well.

Security right now around the c8 is considerable right now.

Last edited by spinkick; 01-15-2019 at 08:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
VETTE-NV (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 09:20 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

lol... Don't beat a guy when he's down. Besides, he / she / it may be creating a new profile/account to do just that.

Originally Posted by Garret
I wish ZERV would come back and add more to this thread now since it's going to remain open....how about another date ZERV?
Old 01-15-2019, 09:35 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

hahahaha....I dig the invisible paint job, I wonder how much that costs.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:31 PM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by spinkick
Zerv was wrong about the laughable retail price and is wrong about this as well.

Security right now around the c8 is considerable right now.
Zerv did a good job of destroying the credibility of this forum. Allowing trolls like him to do their thing in return for lots of traffic is stupid in the long run. It will be a while before any other media outlet quotes a post from this forum again. I suppose there’s nothing anyone can really do to control such things but it’s indicative of what is acceptable here.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:51 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,172 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
Zerv did a good job of destroying the credibility of this forum. Allowing trolls like him to do their thing in return for lots of traffic is stupid in the long run. It will be a while before any other media outlet quotes a post from this forum again. I suppose there’s nothing anyone can really do to control such things but it’s indicative of what is acceptable here.
Hardly. The media outlets quoting his posts were simply looking for clicks to generate ad revenue for their bottom line. They could care less where that headline comes from. If they were really looking for highly reliable info the last place they should be looking is a public forum full of speculators that are speculating. Anyone on this forum that actually has the real insider info IS NOT POSTING THAT INFO......

What he posted up months ago specific to the interior appears to be the real deal. Everyone else throwing stones here should post links to the real insider info they have added to make this site the go to for genuine C8 G2.

Last edited by JDSKY; 01-15-2019 at 10:54 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by JDSKY:
ArmchairArchitect (01-16-2019), JoesC5 (01-16-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 11:33 PM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

I don't think he really did that much damage to the overall credibility of the forum. This is just a case of anticipation, enthusiasm, passion, and desire to believe taking the better of some. This emotion, combined with thirst for knowledge, of any type, created a perfect storm for an internet con-man like this to prey upon. He used it to get his 15 minutes, and that's all. Same stuff happened when the C7 rolled out. The forum has withstood the test of time, and will continue to do so. Censorship of folks like this is not necessary because at the end of the day, the truth prevails, and the keyboard warriors eventually fall to a sort of social Darwinism.

Last edited by lt4obsesses; 01-15-2019 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:53 PM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

Whatever. He had one aspect of the interior correct. Big deal. Everything else was BS.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:40 AM
nvusgt
Drifting

Received 238 Likes on 104 Posts

Are ya'll serious? Fawning over and thanking Zerv for stepping up and coming back to post "bye." Like that's somehow noble and shows he wasn't trying to deceive people? The dude was wrong and has made ridiculous unsubstantiated claims...."Oh but his interior was on point." You know who else would've nailed the interior? People driving, testing, and developing, the car, or those that got a sneak peak somehow. But do you see them on the internet blabbing about it?

Here's what's "noble," not sharing information as important as the debut, when "my source" is never wrong. How about not posting on the internet (which is more or less bragging) to random strangers, that you've got inside information from a single source, that could very well jeopardize their position ... Which to be honest if the person is giving out info like that, it's probably high time to reconsider their employment.

The click bait that was generated by Zerv's "inside" information was ridiculous to say the least. And ya, I would say it hurt the credibility of this forum a little bit. Dude outed his source the moment he posted about the interior and the supposed debut. That's a pretty trashy thing to do with someone's trust.
The following 4 users liked this post by nvusgt:
Foosh (01-16-2019), Grzldvt1 (01-16-2019), Malum1 (01-16-2019), VETTE-NV (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 09:07 AM
MagRedConv
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts

Whatever. He had one aspect of the interior correct. Big deal. Everything else was BS.
Yes, there will be a steering wheel.
The following 3 users liked this post by MagRedConv:
Grzldvt1 (01-16-2019), Malum1 (01-16-2019), Suns_PSD (01-17-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 03:04 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,172 Likes on 588 Posts

No. He actually had some very specific aspects of the interior spot on. Something that only someone that has actually seen the interior of the car could then create a rudimentary but very close reproduction of. The key elements could not have been just guessed at. The leaked photo's that support the primary elements he had in his rough sketch has been confirmed by several sources as actual "leaked" info...... Unless I missed the thread bashing the leaked photo's and claiming they are complete fakes as well.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:20 PM
Stavesacre21
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 107 Posts

Zerv's having a drink and some laughs at A LOT of people's expense.

Even I am shocked at how many seasoned members bought into his "inside track" knowledge. GM has a lid on this tighter than almost anything i've seen non-government related.

I think it's more that everyone WANTED to believe vs actually believed this guy whom seemingly just appeared out of the clouds while refusing to list sources.

I'd just like to see the forum he's reporting back to about his entertaining endeavors.
The following 2 users liked this post by Stavesacre21:
Malum1 (01-16-2019), VETTE-NV (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 09:49 PM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JDSKY
No. He actually had some very specific aspects of the interior spot on. Something that only someone that has actually seen the interior of the car could then create a rudimentary but very close reproduction of. The key elements could not have been just guessed at. The leaked photo's that support the primary elements he had in his rough sketch has been confirmed by several sources as actual "leaked" info...... Unless I missed the thread bashing the leaked photo's and claiming they are complete fakes as well.

As "spot on" as any five year old's drawing can be, I guess.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:54 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Stavesacre21
Zerv's having a drink and some laughs at A LOT of people's expense.

Even I am shocked at how many seasoned members bought into his "inside track" knowledge. GM has a lid on this tighter than almost anything i've seen non-government related.

I think it's more that everyone WANTED to believe vs actually believed this guy whom seemingly just appeared out of the clouds while refusing to list sources.

I'd just like to see the forum he's reporting back to about his entertaining endeavors.
I don't believe what anyone in here says because no one in here knows schit about the C8, not the engine layout, not the price, not the interior, not the exterior, not anything, but it's so fun to see a bunch of members foaming at the mouth anytime someone posts some new "news" about the C8. The best part is watching people lose their schit when you say <insert OP's post about something here> is nothing but a bunch of bs.

The worst thing CF did was introduce a C8 section, it's full of speculation, bs, lies and pics of a camouflaged test mule, nothing more. No one has any credible info about this mystery car and people who start threads claiming that they have the inside track or info on anything C8 is full of schit, simple.
The following 4 users liked this post by themonk:
MagRedConv (01-17-2019), Roscoe Primrose (01-17-2019), tcinla (01-17-2019), VETTE-NV (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 11:07 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by JDSKY
Oh? You've seen the completed interior?

Get notified of new replies

To C8 will be at NAIAS 2019

Old 01-16-2019, 11:47 PM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
I don't believe what anyone in here says because no one in here knows schit about the C8, not the engine layout, not the price, not the interior, not the exterior, not anything, but it's so fun to see a bunch of members foaming at the mouth anytime someone posts some new "news" about the C8. The best part is watching people lose their schit when you say <insert OP's post about something here> is nothing but a bunch of bs.

The worst thing CF did was introduce a C8 section, it's full of speculation, bs, lies and pics of a camouflaged test mule, nothing more. No one has any credible info about this mystery car and people who start threads claiming that they have the inside track or info on anything C8 is full of schit, simple.
Amidst all the rumor, speculation, and deception, here is the one true, clear, statement of fact.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:23 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,148 Likes on 5,983 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk

Huh? CF has always created a new forum when a new generation or model begins development. 99% of the fun is the speculation and looking for clues. They did it with the C5 Z06, the C6 and it's various iterations, then the C7 (OMG the tail lights!!!), then the C7Z, then gs, then ZR1, and now the C8. Once the C8 comes out there will be a C8 Z06/hi-po whatever forum to speculate in as well.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:13 AM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
We can all make any predictions we want. Just don't act like you have some factual, insider information unless you really do.
My opinion is that ZERV had really seen the interior in pics or maybe in person. His memory for those sort of things is better than mine and I feel he got the 'feel' for it correct if not every detail. He then of course tried to portray himself as an 'insider', as opposed to just drinking buddys with some parts supplier employee or something, which is likely more accurate.

Furthermore I believe that this same person again has shared additional info with him, like pricing and now the unveil. Problem is that his source was not privy to the accurate info. And wasn't Zerv a proponent of some of the other outlandish claims early on? (i.e. Cadillac, FE concurrent with the ME on shared frame, etc...)

Hopefully for Zerv's source, the reveal date was not a 'Canary Trap' meant to expose the source. Some serious spy **** right there!
The following users liked this post:
jefnvk (01-17-2019)

Quick Reply: C8 will be at NAIAS 2019