Fehan - C8 will be most spectacular Corvette ever built! - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C8 Corvette > C8 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Fehan - C8 will be most spectacular Corvette ever built!

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fehan - C8 will be most spectacular Corvette ever built!

Old 01-05-2019, 06:26 PM
K.I.T.T.
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Foosh View Post
Were it not for BOP,
There would be no GT class....or any racing that wasn't spec...

C7R is plenty competitive, it's mid engine as it sits, it just doesn't use tires the same way and isn't as aero efficient, which operates outside the bounds of BOP. The advantage lies with a better platform, but Fehan and crew know how to game the system. Team and pit strategy, as good as it is, they'd win with a C5R these days....just sayin.

I think to stay relevant and retain leverage to the series, the series has to keep the audience, but the manufacturers have to bring show....Corvette gains leverage in the series with this much anticipation and excitment...especially because FordGT is temporary.

Last edited by K.I.T.T.; 01-05-2019 at 06:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to K.I.T.T. For This Useful Post:
Shaka (01-07-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 06:32 PM
Foosh
CF Senior Member

Thanked 6,122 Times in 3,561 Posts

I agree. I wasn't dissing BOP because it is necessary to have an interesting series. However, you ideally want to be the one being brought back to the field as the FGT was, not the one on FIA/IMSA welfare. There was a time not so long ago when the C6Rs were essentially racing each other. GT racing in the US was in the ICU.

If you've read all the C7R driver comments over the last couple of years, they realize they've not been the fastest for quite some time. They've been relying upon having superior reliability and superior pit work to allow consistency to work for them. Thus, they have remained competitive even without winning many races.

Last edited by Foosh; 01-05-2019 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:25 PM
mjross
CF Senior Member

If I’m correct, the newest-latest-greatest is almost always the most spectacular! Just sayin...
Old 01-06-2019, 07:19 PM
Steven Bell
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 3,562 Times in 2,213 Posts
St. Jude Donor'15

I could CARE LESS who Doug Fehan works for! The guy is obviously familiar with the mid engine car. I respect his opinion and input. And just because he allegedly works for GM DOESN'T MEAN HAD HAS TO SAY POSITIVE THINGS ABOUT THE MID ENGINE. Hell, he didn't have to say anything at all.

I've got to tell you, the negativity in this thread and in this C7/C8 Community is tiresome, boring and makes for poor reading. If you have nothing constructive to add to the threads in this section, don't post.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steven Bell For This Useful Post:
hifi875 (01-08-2019), JerriVette (01-08-2019), moon2605 (01-06-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 09:42 PM
sunsalem
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,313 Times in 995 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh View Post
I agree. I wasn't dissing BOP because it is necessary to have an interesting series. However, you ideally want to be the one being brought back to the field as the FGT was, not the one on FIA/IMSA welfare. There was a time not so long ago when the C6Rs were essentially racing each other. GT racing in the US was in the ICU.
+1
When it comes to exciting racing, the BOP shtick absolutely works.
Many don't like it, but there is no denying it's successful in bringing uncertainty to the results once the flag drops.
We have seen some incredibly edge-of-your-seat action that few other racing series can match.
I only wish F1 was able to deliver such great on-track stuff as IMSA.
If you've read all the C7R driver comments over the last couple of years, they realize they've not been the fastest for quite some time. They've been relying upon having superior reliability and superior pit work to allow consistency to work for them. Thus, they have remained competitive even without winning many races.
+2
That's exactly how the #3 car won last year's Championship without winning a SINGLE race.
Corvette Racing is the cream of the IMSA crop.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:51 PM
flyforfun
CF Senior Member

Tells you it will cost over $100K and will not come with a manual.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:43 PM
DSOMDream
CF Senior Member

Really? Paul
Old 01-07-2019, 01:17 AM
Foosh
CF Senior Member

Thanked 6,122 Times in 3,561 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem View Post
+1
When it comes to exciting racing, the BOP shtick absolutely works.
Many don't like it, but there is no denying it's successful in bringing uncertainty to the results once the flag drops.
We have seen some incredibly edge-of-your-seat action that few other racing series can match.
I only wish F1 was able to deliver such great on-track stuff as IMSA.
+2
That's exactly how the #3 car won last year's Championship without winning a SINGLE race.
Corvette Racing is the cream of the IMSA crop.
I guess it depends upon which IMSA GTLM Championship you're talking about. Ford won the 2018 Manufacturer GTLM Championship with 5 wins, split 3 to 2 between both cars, but you're right the #3 Corvette won the 2018 Driver/Team Championship without a single win. They had more podium and high point finishes than anyone else giving them the win by a couple of points.

Corvette/Chevrolet as a manufacturer won 1 race last season, and that was the #4 at Long Beach.

Last edited by Foosh; 01-07-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:50 PM
stevebz06
CF Senior Member

None of the IMSA GTLM cars are anything like their production counterparts, with the possible exception of the Ford GT which was originally designed as the race car according to Ford admissions, so it's almost pointless arguing about what the racing series means pertaining to the road cars. It's just a good racing series and should be enjoyed for what it is. If you start comparing the real road cars against each other, I think the Corvette compares quite favorably against the others in the series.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fehan - C8 will be most spectacular Corvette ever built!

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: