We need a C8 ZORA Hitler video - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We need a C8 ZORA Hitler video

Old 01-05-2019, 11:51 AM
  #1  
skank
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Dec 2007
Location: Carmel CA
Posts: 2,189
Thanked 558 Times in 275 Posts
Default We need a C8 ZORA Hitler video

I think its about time one of you creative types make a "Hitler Finds out about the C8 Corvette ZORA". Here are a few on the C7.


Last edited by skank; 01-05-2019 at 11:54 AM.
skank is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to skank For This Useful Post:
edved (01-06-2019), elegant (01-05-2019), Larshelt (01-05-2019), Manta-C7 (01-08-2019), ShagVette (01-05-2019), timmyZ06 (01-06-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 12:09 PM
  #2  
skank
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Dec 2007
Location: Carmel CA
Posts: 2,189
Thanked 558 Times in 275 Posts
Default

skank is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to skank For This Useful Post:
Big Lebowski (01-06-2019), firstvettesoon (01-05-2019), GundamX7X (01-06-2019), Larshelt (01-05-2019), Manta-C7 (01-08-2019), ShagVette (01-05-2019), timmyZ06 (01-06-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 12:12 PM
  #3  
2006corvetteman
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2015
Location: Youngstown OH
Posts: 157
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

.
2006corvetteman is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 2006corvetteman For This Useful Post:
edved (01-06-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 12:38 PM
  #4  
capevettes
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
capevettes's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Cape Cod Mass & Pine Island Fla
Posts: 15,925
Thanked 926 Times in 681 Posts
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year Finalist
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
Default

I remember those before the C7 came out. Funny as hell.
Anything that can infuse some humor into this silly waiting game is a very good thing.
capevettes is offline  
Old 01-05-2019, 01:28 PM
  #5  
Kurac
CF Senior Member
 
Kurac's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2004
Posts: 991
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I agree! Those videos are instant classics!
Kurac is offline  
Old 01-05-2019, 01:34 PM
  #6  
LLK
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2018
Posts: 26
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Zora was Jewish. Is it still funny?
LLK is offline  
Old 01-05-2019, 01:35 PM
  #7  
Quinten33
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 558
Thanked 218 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LLK View Post
Zora was Jewish. Is it still funny?
Well, who got the last laugh?
Quinten33 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Quinten33 For This Useful Post:
Atomic Fred (01-05-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 05:57 PM
  #8  
Dominic Sorresso
CF Senior Member
 
Dominic Sorresso's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Bartlett IL
Posts: 4,990
Thanked 99 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Given the current political climate attempting to paint fascists and ***** as “murican patriots”, this may be the wrong subject to bring up. I doubt GM would want to be anywhere near 1M miles of something like this.
I visited Normandy and Omaha beach this summer.
Anything to do w Hitler could never be considered
”funny”.
Dominic Sorresso is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominic Sorresso For This Useful Post:
LLK (01-05-2019), Philr56 (01-08-2019), sunsalem (01-05-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 06:04 PM
  #9  
LLK
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2018
Posts: 26
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso View Post
Given the current political climate attempting to paint fascists and ***** as “murican patriots”, this may be the wrong subject to bring up. I doubt GM would want to be anywhere near 1M miles of something like this.
I visited Normandy and Omaha beach this summer.
Anything to do w Hitler could never be considered
”funny”.
Absolutely! Zora Duntov was a Russian born Jew who came here to escape the *****, while I appreciate the good matured spirit of the original post, it's not funny given his background. Full disclosure: All four of my Grandparents were Russian born Jews who came here for the same reason, so there's that....:
LLK is offline  
Old 01-05-2019, 06:26 PM
  #10  
FactoryZ51
CF Senior Member
 
FactoryZ51's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2009
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 156
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso View Post
Given the current political climate attempting to paint fascists and ***** as “murican patriots”, this may be the wrong subject to bring up. I doubt GM would want to be anywhere near 1M miles of something like this.
I visited Normandy and Omaha beach this summer.
Anything to do w Hitler could never be considered
”funny”.
F that A Hole and those who believe in his ideals. I'd like to see a c8 doing a burn out on his cousin-effing a$$!
FactoryZ51 is offline  
Old 01-05-2019, 06:47 PM
  #11  
K.I.T.T.
CF Senior Member
 
K.I.T.T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,656
Thanked 541 Times in 298 Posts
Default

As a nation, I think many are losing the ability to see humor and positivism in life...it's why we see suicide rising, people in depression and medicated states. We have evolved into a nation of victims, with a sob story. Without Hitler, there likely would be no Israel. We are in a state of mind, where we try to suppress and erase history, because it's uncomfortable, instead of recognizing that without monsters like Hitler, there'd be no one to keep good people on their toes and pushing to make the world a better place.

Hitler was a catfish...like the catfish in the vats of cod shipped from Alaska to China. Cod would become mush and tasteless during shipment, because they would float without fear during the journey; so the solution was to put catfish in the tank. The catfish kept the cod agile and made them stay alive and not be weak, because the catfish were always biting at their tails. We should thank God for the catfish, not forget them and mourn them. Hitler didn't hurt the Jews nearly as much as he strengthened them. We all have a choice to either be empowered by adversity, or defeated by it.

That said, I found that video pretty damn hilarious. You have to imagine that was probably just like a man like Hitler...to whine and scream about something, regardless how absurd...probably a perfect representation.
K.I.T.T. is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K.I.T.T. For This Useful Post:
2500 hd (01-05-2019), skank (01-05-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 07:04 PM
  #12  
FrankLP
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
FrankLP's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha Nebraska
Posts: 2,827
Thanked 274 Times in 218 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
Default

I see and respect all points in this thread.

I admit that I found this video (and others like it) pretty funny. But given the context that others have provided, I certainly see the concern as well.

Folks that do these festive little "Weird Al-type parodies" just need to find a different subtitled movie/scene to satire. I'm sure they're out there, and would be just as (if not more) entertaining.

Last edited by FrankLP; 01-05-2019 at 07:07 PM.
FrankLP is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to FrankLP For This Useful Post:
LLK (01-05-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 07:32 PM
  #13  
skank
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Dec 2007
Location: Carmel CA
Posts: 2,189
Thanked 558 Times in 275 Posts
Default

I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. Just trying to lighten up the agony here.
skank is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skank For This Useful Post:
elegant (01-05-2019), firstvettesoon (01-05-2019), LLK (01-05-2019), timmyZ06 (01-06-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 07:36 PM
  #14  
2500 hd
CF Senior Member
 
2500 hd's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,647
Thanked 64 Times in 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor ‘18-'19
Default

You didn't offend me. I think that video is funny.
The guy's on the Porsche forum did the same video, but it was the release of the new GT3....
2500 hd is offline  
Old 01-05-2019, 08:52 PM
  #15  
sunsalem
CF Senior Member
 
sunsalem's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Posts: 9,106
Thanked 1,313 Times in 995 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T. View Post
As a nation, I think many are losing the ability to see humor and positivism in life...it's why we see suicide rising, people in depression and medicated states. We have evolved into a nation of victims, with a sob story. Without Hitler, there likely would be no Israel. We are in a state of mind, where we try to suppress and erase history, because it's uncomfortable, instead of recognizing that without monsters like Hitler, there'd be no one to keep good people on their toes and pushing to make the world a better place.

Hitler was a catfish...like the catfish in the vats of cod shipped from Alaska to China. Cod would become mush and tasteless during shipment, because they would float without fear during the journey; so the solution was to put catfish in the tank. The catfish kept the cod agile and made them stay alive and not be weak, because the catfish were always biting at their tails. We should thank God for the catfish, not forget them and mourn them. Hitler didn't hurt the Jews nearly as much as he strengthened them. We all have a choice to either be empowered by adversity, or defeated by it.
This is one of the most unique takes on Hitler and the Holocaust I have ever heard.
You should write a book...

sunsalem is offline  
Old 01-06-2019, 01:13 AM
  #16  
Dominic Sorresso
CF Senior Member
 
Dominic Sorresso's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Bartlett IL
Posts: 4,990
Thanked 99 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by skank View Post
I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. Just trying to lighten up the agony here.
skank,

I get it. The Hitler videos were funny and I will admit I laughed at several of them. I was not offended by what u posted. However, I am appalled by the twisted “logic” spewed by KITT. Likening the death of 6million Jews to a practice of keeping cod alive is beyond reprehensible. I never thought I would read someone advocate for genocide on an automotive forum.
Dominic Sorresso is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominic Sorresso For This Useful Post:
PurpleLion (01-06-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 01:44 AM
  #17  
sunsalem
CF Senior Member
 
sunsalem's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Posts: 9,106
Thanked 1,313 Times in 995 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso View Post


I never thought I would read someone advocate for genocide on an automotive forum.
There is no limit to human craziness to be found on the internet or in life.

sunsalem is offline  
Old 01-06-2019, 12:38 PM
  #18  
84 4+3
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2017
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,312
Thanked 151 Times in 139 Posts
Default

I have a somewhat twisted sense of humor so, I have always found these videos hilarious. I mean of course genocide is bad, I have some boundaries. My whole thing is if I offended you, and you laughed at the joke, my job is done. Simple as that. There is a difference between offending someone because you're an ***, and telling a joke. I don't have a mean bone in my body lol.
84 4+3 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to 84 4+3 For This Useful Post:
LLK (01-06-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 12:41 PM
  #19  
sunsalem
CF Senior Member
 
sunsalem's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Posts: 9,106
Thanked 1,313 Times in 995 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 84 4+3 View Post
I have a somewhat twisted sense of humor so, I have always found these videos hilarious. I mean of course genocide is bad, I have some boundaries. My whole thing is if I offended you, and you laughed at the joke, my job is done. Simple as that. There is a difference between offending someone because you're an ***, and telling a joke. I don't have a mean bone in my body lol.
FWIW, I believe you.

sunsalem is offline  
Old 01-06-2019, 12:57 PM
  #20  
84 4+3
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2017
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,312
Thanked 151 Times in 139 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sunsalem View Post
FWIW, I believe you.
Well finally someone does.
84 4+3 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: