Big Butt ????? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Butt ?????

Old 01-09-2019, 09:30 PM
painexpert
CF Senior Member

Default Big Butt ?????

I am concerned that the C8 ME will have a fat squared off big butt.I never really liked the rear end of the latest Vettes.With the ME design itself,the waist is narrower to begin with will accentuate the rear of the car.I hope this does not occur.Opinions ???
Old 01-10-2019, 05:52 PM
jamesampm

I love the rear on the C7 and is one of the things that first turned me on to it... guess I'm an *** man. Nobody has seen the rear of the C8 yet, but if the leaked rear and renderings are of any indication it has no resemblance to the C7 at all and actually looks like a 90's japan car or something of that nature.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:02 PM
tooold2race
CF Senior Member

I'm fine with the 'big butt'! I always thought the C5 had the best lookin' butt on any car. It always reminded me of the 'butt' on the CanAm race cars back in the day.....
Old 01-10-2019, 08:58 PM
SingleTrackMinded
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jamesampm View Post
I love the rear on the C7 and is one of the things that first turned me on to it... guess I'm an *** man..

If anything, the C8 looks wide front and back. Until its released, I'll await my opinions on it.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Quinten33
CF Senior Member

I donít own a Vette and Iím not around them very often, so I sometimes forget just how good the C7 looks in person. I was behind a silver Z51 earlier and that color really showed how crazy the carís styling is for something released in 2013. Everything about it looks futuristic to me, even 6 years after seeing it. I think that the C7ís design will be one of those timeless designs that we will still appreciate 50 years later.

With that said, the C8 should be an evolution of the C7ís design. Iíd expect it to have a similarly tall rear and front bumper as the Current Vettes, and it certainly looks that way. Keep in mind that the renderings you see are mostly showing the car from a close, low perspective. Itíll look totally different when you walk up to one.

Not much difference here, and there might be foam camo padding on the rear of the test cars that makes the back end look bigger than it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Quinten33 For This Useful Post:
ShagVette (01-11-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 11:41 PM
PurpleLion
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Quinten33 View Post
I donít own a Vette and Iím not around them very often, so I sometimes forget just how good the C7 looks in person. I was behind a silver Z51 earlier and that color really showed how crazy the carís styling is for something released in 2013. Everything about it looks futuristic to me, even 6 years after seeing it. I think that the C7ís design will be one of those timeless designs that we will still appreciate 50 years later.

With that said, the C8 should be an evolution of the C7ís design. Iíd expect it to have a similarly tall rear and front bumper as the Current Vettes, and it certainly looks that way. Keep in mind that the renderings you see are mostly showing the car from a close, low perspective. Itíll look totally different when you walk up to one.

Agreed! We can hope!
Old 01-11-2019, 09:54 AM
Speednet
CF Senior Member

I remember when the C5 came out and people complained it had a big butt. Now you look at the thing and it's downright tiny, especially side-by-side with a C7. I think you should relax with the big butt thing.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:30 AM
Glenmcp
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by painexpert View Post
I am concerned that the C8 ME will have a fat squared off big butt.I never really liked the rear end of the latest Vettes.With the ME design itself,the waist is narrower to begin with will accentuate the rear of the car.I hope this does not occur.Opinions ???
You are concerned meaning what? You will not buy one or you believe few people will buy one?

Last edited by Glenmcp; 01-11-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:34 AM
Ohiomark
CF Senior Member

It's the special Kim Kardashian Edition!
Old 01-11-2019, 11:06 AM
Garret
CF Senior Member

I believe in the Beer Fairy

The Following User Says Thank You to Garret For This Useful Post:
uneedthis2 (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Speednet View Post
I remember when the C5 came out and people complained it had a big butt. Now you look at the thing and it's downright tiny, especially side-by-side with a C7. I think you should relax with the big butt thing.
Agree... I parked my C7 next to a C5 at our club meeting and it was crazy how tall the C7 is, especially with a spoiler on it. Back in the day C5 was huge next to a C4. Now I really appreciate how sleek the C4 is. I read somewhere that the large rears are good for aero efficiency. I.e. that's why the first gen Prius was shaped the way it was... expanding wedge with a large flat rear facet.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:29 PM
RandomTask
CF Senior Member

I'm very apprehensive on the rear as well. While I'll make a final judgement once it's revealed, the spy shots are not looking good (to me).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Big Butt ?????

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: