--- Interior Uncovered --- - Page 10 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

--- Interior Uncovered ---

Old 01-11-2019, 11:40 PM
84 4+3
CF Senior Member

Buttons on center oh **** handle/divider appear to be for interior climate control.

Leather on steering wheel is the exact same as on the Tahoes, recognized the stitch pattern.

Honestly looking closer, it appears to be on par quality wise with the higher scale tahoe interiors. IE not bad. The foam dents and holds a memory easily though. Took 300 miles to leave a permanent elbow dent on the door in the tahoe...
Old 01-11-2019, 11:43 PM
ViperFan1
CF Member

Originally Posted by Tom73 View Post

I could see that price for a fully optioned top of the line ZR1 type.
your in for a really, really big disappointment.

169k base price. See ya in a few days. Some people just can't accept a fact huh? This is why I don't own a Corvette and love my 2008 Viper Convertible.. the Vette' owners are f-nuts.

Last edited by ViperFan1; 01-11-2019 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:45 PM
ViperFan1
CF Member

Originally Posted by Tennis & Golf Nut View Post
If you're in the Market for a C7 expect Massive Discounts when this is revealed.
Dude it's going to be a $170,000 car..

Who ever said Zora was the C8? Did I miss the press release?
Old 01-11-2019, 11:51 PM
Michael A
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire View Post
I was skeptical last Summer when he was posting under different usernames and threads were getting deleted. Thus, I asked him what harm there would be in producing a sketch...which he did shortly thereafter for everyone to see. No doubt, he's owed apologies from LOTS of people. I know how he feels as I had some info back when the C7 was launched and was vilified by the masses. Because there is so much BS on the forum, it's understandable that people are hesitant to believe everything they see and hear.

PS - if the reveal doesn't happen as ZERV predicted, there will be a ton of "I told you so." On the other hand, if he's correct about that as well, I hope people are big enough to step forward and offer sincere apologies.
Nothing in his sketch was accurate other than the buttons on the right side of the console, and the wrap-around screen for the infotainment system. There is no touch pad. There are no vents at the top of the console. All the items which every car needs is in a different location than shown in the sketch.
The Following User Says Thank You to Michael A For This Useful Post:
VETTE-NV (01-12-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 11:54 PM
Zora_Vette
CF Senior Member

If people really think that the interior we just saw pics of belongs to a $170K car, then they need to get out more. Dont get me wrong, it's nice. But it's still definitely a Chevy. The leather looks to be already pretty worn and shiny, there is a bunch of cheap plastic, and dont even get me started on the steering wheel controls. They look like they belong in a $20K Cruze. Overall I like it and hopefully we are looking at a base trim level interior and I hope Chevy offers packages that REALLY make this thing seem like a halo car. I'm talking the nicest Napa leather covering everything, changing those cheap black plastic buttoms into aluminum, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zora_Vette For This Useful Post:
jefnvk (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 12:06 AM
ArmchairArchitect
CF Senior Member

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)

I love everything about the interior except that HUGE wall separating the passenger from the driver. Its totally unnecessary and makes the interior feel more cramped/less airy for both people. They couldve had the same exact buttons but with a much shorter wall. IMO.

Last edited by ArmchairArchitect; 01-12-2019 at 12:07 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ArmchairArchitect For This Useful Post:
Zaro Tundov (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 12:20 AM
Michael A
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect View Post
I love everything about the interior except that HUGE wall separating the passenger from the driver. Its totally unnecessary and makes the interior feel more cramped/less airy for both people. They couldve had the same exact buttons but with a much shorter wall. IMO.
I was thinking the same thing. How does the passenger access the cup holders? There must be one that pops out of the dash.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:32 AM
89L98
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ViperFan1 View Post

IMHO, GM is not done with the C7, yet.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:50 AM
keagan
CF Senior Member

Zerv, tell us something about the power plant please.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:55 AM
03Zcrit
CF Senior Member

That airbag reminds me of the head of the monster from the Aliens movies.

Last edited by 03Zcrit; 01-12-2019 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:01 AM
Jerradl1987
CF Member

Mike Davenport the ďLouisville Chevy dudeĒ said in his video today that these were the exact same photos he seen many months ago. So itís not like these pics were taken yesterday on a production ready car. Yes the check engine light is on, and yes the center console lid appears to be missing, and the seats and parts of the steering wheel are worn out, thatís what pre production cars do so that the manufacturer can figure out what wears out quickest and update the parts to last longer. So donít judge a book by its cover until we see the final finished product hopefully in a few days.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:06 AM
Zora_Vette
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jerradl1987 View Post
Mike Davenport the ďLouisville Chevy dudeĒ said in his video today that these were the exact same photos he seen many months ago. So itís not like these pics were taken yesterday on a production ready car. Yes the check engine light is on, and yes the center console lid appears to be missing, and the seats and parts of the steering wheel are worn out, thatís what pre production cars do so that the manufacturer can figure out what wears out quickest and update the parts to last longer. So donít judge a book by its cover until we see the final finished product hopefully in a few days.
That guy lies so much and is so full is misinformation. Anybody can say "oh yeah I saw that a long time ago". Hes a Chevy Cruze salesman that tries way too hard to act cool with his "insider info".
Old 01-12-2019, 01:20 AM
savage99ss

I remember Zerv stating, once a photo leaked he would share his photos.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:42 AM
pietro c7
CF Senior Member

If that isnít the C8,GM better be prepared to age this C7ís like French Bordeaux ,cause it wonít be selling next to that mid engine car,regardless of price Point,

...maybe 20 years from now as classics...but both at the same time ...will definitely be catch 22.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:21 AM
VETTLIFE

Everything about these pictures are FAKE. Why are half the pics blurred out if they were leaked? Why would GM put buttons under a screen you can't see or barely reach if you were actually sitting in that seat? The seats don't match the interior. I'm also seeing massive photo-shopped artifacts all over these pics, this is clearly an ad revenue booster for no-name Carscoops.

Last edited by VETTLIFE; 01-12-2019 at 02:48 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:22 AM
JABCAT
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Zora_Vette View Post
If people really think that the interior we just saw pics of belongs to a $170K car, then they need to get out more. Dont get me wrong, it's nice. But it's still definitely a Chevy. The leather looks to be already pretty worn and shiny, there is a bunch of cheap plastic, and dont even get me started on the steering wheel controls. They look like they belong in a $20K Cruze. Overall I like it and hopefully we are looking at a base trim level interior and I hope Chevy offers packages that REALLY make this thing seem like a halo car. I'm talking the nicest Napa leather covering everything, changing those cheap black plastic buttoms into aluminum, etc.
Just because things are covered in leather doesnít add $100k to the price. You can cover your entire interior in quality leather for $1-2k yourself, so consider manufacturer volume discount cost & itíll cost GM next to nothing. The buttons are still the cheap buttons in every other GM vehicle. That narrow vertical button section not only creates an awkward separation between driver & passenger but wonít be very intuitive for the driver when driving. Or even think about having to reach over it to open the glovebox from the driverís seat - seems they shot for the cool factor at the sake of practicality.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:40 AM
Tennis & Golf Nut
CF Senior Member

If it is that price then Chevy may as well Stop selling the Vette.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:12 AM
CitznFish
CF Senior Member

You are a rube if you still think this will start at 170k.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:21 AM
RedDropTop
CF Senior Member

Question: How do those shift paddles work?
F! and European mid-engine cars - pull on right paddle, shift up; pull of left paddle, shift down.
C6 automatic - pull on either paddle, shift up; push on either paddle, shift down.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:01 AM
Sin City
CF Senior Member

Good news: The interior is upscale
Bad news: Kiss the 80 grand sales price goodbye. They're gunning after Porsche / Audi / Mercedes buyers.

Possible good news: Maybe the C7 will stay around but be upgraded to fill the gap.

Last edited by Sin City; 01-12-2019 at 04:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sin City For This Useful Post:
gthal (01-12-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: --- Interior Uncovered ---

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: