C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

--- Interior Uncovered ---

 
Old 01-15-2019, 08:15 AM
  #321  
CRABBYJ
CF Senior Member
 
CRABBYJ's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: SouthEast PA
Posts: 2,926
Thanked 337 Times in 209 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist
Default

A very telling response to my post from here that says a lot about what Zerv02 said he saw.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ls-soon-9.html



CRABBYJ is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to CRABBYJ For This Useful Post:
Zaro Tundov (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 09:22 AM
  #322  
CRABBYJ
CF Senior Member
 
CRABBYJ's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: SouthEast PA
Posts: 2,926
Thanked 337 Times in 209 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist
Default

Originally Posted by Tom73 View Post

I thought it was a switch for the frunk. Appears to show the front of the car with the frunk open, which hinges at the front of the car. And it appears that the one to the right opens the rear hatch.
As good a guess as any. I can see those possibilities



CRABBYJ is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:20 AM
  #323  
vndkshn
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 260
Thanked 92 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by range96 View Post
Driving Lesson 101.

You hold the steering wheel with your left and right hand at 9 and 3 positions. The paddles will be at your fingertips, always.
If you're in a parking situation or making a U-turn, you will not be changing gears.
Track driving lesson 101.

There are times where you are making a turn too tight to keep your hands at 9 and 3 and not have your hands "cross" (basically reach the point where your arms are crossed and touching). In those situations, you have to move your hands (shuffle steer) which can cause you to lose orientation of the pedals if they have moved. I can think of two corners at the "local track" (actually, same corner, just different directions) where that happens. One direction you need to upshift pretty early on corner exit, the other direction you need to downshift. In both cases your hands are crossed if you don't shuffle steer. If the rack has a fast enough ratio or you have just the right gear ratios to avoid the shift, great, but that isn't a given.
vndkshn is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 12:13 PM
  #324  
tcinla
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
tcinla's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2016
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 1,389
Thanked 198 Times in 155 Posts
Default

I like the interior but I'm not a fan of the 'stuck on' screen trend. Is this the $169K interior or the one from the reality-priced car?
tcinla is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 01:41 PM
  #325  
range96
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,246
Thanked 122 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vndkshn View Post
Track driving lesson 101.

There are times where you are making a turn too tight to keep your hands at 9 and 3 and not have your hands "cross" (basically reach the point where your arms are crossed and touching). In those situations, you have to move your hands (shuffle steer) which can cause you to lose orientation of the pedals if they have moved. I can think of two corners at the "local track" (actually, same corner, just different directions) where that happens. One direction you need to upshift pretty early on corner exit, the other direction you need to downshift. In both cases your hands are crossed if you don't shuffle steer. If the rack has a fast enough ratio or you have just the right gear ratios to avoid the shift, great, but that isn't a given.
Track driving lesson 401 (graduate level).

You don't change gears when you have your hands crossed in a turn that is so tight, ever (automatic, stick shift or DCT). On a road course, most turns you turn the steering wheel less than 90 degrees.
range96 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to range96 For This Useful Post:
jefnvk (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 01:46 PM
  #326  
marknagy13
CF Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 56
Thanks: 0
Thanked 54 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Anyone else notice the check engine light on in the first photo
marknagy13 is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 01:54 PM
  #327  
Roscoe Primrose
Junior Member
 
Roscoe Primrose's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Posts: 29
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by marknagy13 View Post
Anyone else notice the check engine light on in the first photo
If you'd actually read the thread, you wouldn't need to ask...
Roscoe Primrose is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 01:57 PM
  #328  
Foosh
CF Senior Member
 
Foosh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 15,950
Thanked 6,643 Times in 3,823 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by marknagy13 View Post
Anyone else notice the check engine light on in the first photo
LOL, go to any vehicle you own and turn the key or push the button putting it in the "run" position without starting the engine. Report back on the CEL you see.
Foosh is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 02:17 PM
  #329  
vndkshn
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 260
Thanked 92 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by range96 View Post
Track driving lesson 401 (graduate level).

You don't change gears when you have your hands crossed in a turn that is so tight, ever (automatic, stick shift or DCT). On a road course, most turns you turn the steering wheel less than 90 degrees.
Perhaps you need a course in reading comprehension. I clearly did not state shifting with your hands crossed, although admittedly I could have been clearer in my statement. I did however point out there are turns where you either cross your hands or really, you need to shuffle your hands to make the turn, meaning you lose your "9 and 3" position reference. And further, that there are turns that into (since you have to move your hands BEFORE you get them crossed) or out of (since you really shouldn't take your hands off the wheel at that level of steering) a shift may need to be made BEFORE you get back to 9 and 3, you can easily lose the orientation of the paddles if they are attached to the wheel. If you haven't been in a corner like that, or aren't driving fast enough to experience, that is a different problem, but it does in fact happen.

Last edited by vndkshn; 01-15-2019 at 02:19 PM.
vndkshn is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 02:33 PM
  #330  
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member
 
Tool Hoarder's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2013
Location: Virginia Beach Virginia
Posts: 4,789
Thanked 783 Times in 498 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vndkshn View Post
Perhaps you need a course in reading comprehension. I clearly did not state shifting with your hands crossed, although admittedly I could have been clearer in my statement. I did however point out there are turns where you either cross your hands or really, you need to shuffle your hands to make the turn, meaning you lose your "9 and 3" position reference. And further, that there are turns that into (since you have to move your hands BEFORE you get them crossed) or out of (since you really shouldn't take your hands off the wheel at that level of steering) a shift may need to be made BEFORE you get back to 9 and 3, you can easily lose the orientation of the paddles if they are attached to the wheel. If you haven't been in a corner like that, or aren't driving fast enough to experience, that is a different problem, but it does in fact happen.
Been track driving, instructing, and racing since 2002. Shuffle steering is rarely needed if you fit properly in the car. There's only one turn at VIR where my hands leave 9 and 3. I prefer the paddles move with the wheel as it produces a better outcome in the vast majority of situations.
Tool Hoarder is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tool Hoarder For This Useful Post:
firstvettesoon (01-15-2019), range96 (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 02:51 PM
  #331  
jefnvk
CF Senior Member
 
jefnvk's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2018
Location: AA/Metro Detroit
Posts: 551
Thanked 187 Times in 114 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vndkshn View Post
you can easily lose the orientation of the paddles if they are attached to the wheel. If you haven't been in a corner like that, or aren't driving fast enough to experience, that is a different problem, but it does in fact happen.
All the driving instruction I have been through pretty much beats knowing where you are at on the wheel at all times into your head.
jefnvk is online now  
Old 01-15-2019, 03:50 PM
  #332  
FactoryZ51
CF Senior Member
 
FactoryZ51's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2009
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tom73 View Post

I thought it was a switch for the frunk. Appears to show the front of the car with the frunk open, which hinges at the front of the car. And it appears that the one to the right opens the rear hatch.
the pic of the remote below shows how the frunk opens. I think the frunk button is likely in its usual location, next to your left knee. My guess is that it would be cheaper and easier to stick with the cable release. The button you refer to is to raise the suspension so we can drive over speed bumps without having a heart attack.

But look at the details in that rear hatch button! Split window something.

Last edited by FactoryZ51; 01-15-2019 at 04:21 PM.
FactoryZ51 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to FactoryZ51 For This Useful Post:
Zaro Tundov (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 04:00 PM
  #333  
firstvettesoon
CF Senior Member
 
firstvettesoon's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,577
Thanked 1,310 Times in 491 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ View Post
A very telling response to my post from here that says a lot about what Zerv02 said he saw.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ls-soon-9.html




It's the angle that makes it look different...



firstvettesoon is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 04:03 PM
  #334  
firstvettesoon
CF Senior Member
 
firstvettesoon's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,577
Thanked 1,310 Times in 491 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ View Post


As good a guess as any. I can see those possibilities





Why would they not simply use the same icons for continuity sake. The key fob icons are clear and hard to misinterpret. Easy to see.


Last edited by firstvettesoon; 01-15-2019 at 04:04 PM.
firstvettesoon is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 04:21 PM
  #335  
Quinten33
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 616
Thanked 258 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ View Post


As good a guess as any. I can see those possibilities



Thatís definitely a split-window rear hatch on the right button... and you can see it here:

Originally Posted by savage99ss View Post
Just noticed this pic in detail and saw something interesting. Look closely at the before and the highlighted in blue scribble. Sorry freehand on iPhone. If you look closely it looks like the sun is shining through the rear hatch and looks like a split rear window.




Making it a split-window coupe is a VERY bold move. It may pay off, too.

This car gets more exciting every week.
Quinten33 is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 04:23 PM
  #336  
FactoryZ51
CF Senior Member
 
FactoryZ51's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2009
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Sparco racing seats as an option? Good idea.
FactoryZ51 is online now  
Old 01-15-2019, 04:23 PM
  #337  
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!
 
jvp's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 1999
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 8,693
Thanked 1,679 Times in 460 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Facilitator

Default

Originally Posted by Quinten33 View Post
Making it a split-window coupe is a VERY bold move. It may pay off, too.
God I hope not. Terrible idea from a visibility perspective. Zora hated the idea, and rightly so.

Folks' nostalgia is usually misplaced. Split window is an awful idea from the past and needs to be left there.
jvp is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jvp For This Useful Post:
ArmchairArchitect (01-16-2019), Foosh (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 04:26 PM
  #338  
FactoryZ51
CF Senior Member
 
FactoryZ51's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2009
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jvp View Post
God I hope not. Terrible idea from a visibility perspective. Zora hated the idea, and rightly so.

Folks' nostalgia is usually misplaced. Split window is an awful idea from the past and needs to be left there.
but those were the days when cars did not know how to drive themselves. A fancy new camera and rearview set up might have been game changers for Mr Z himself.
FactoryZ51 is online now  
Old 01-15-2019, 04:27 PM
  #339  
Fogboundturtle
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2018
Posts: 123
Thanked 34 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jvp View Post
God I hope not. Terrible idea from a visibility perspective. Zora hated the idea, and rightly so.

Folks' nostalgia is usually misplaced. Split window is an awful idea from the past and needs to be left there.
but what if the rear view mirror is like the 2019 Camaro (view from external camera).

Last edited by Fogboundturtle; 01-15-2019 at 04:29 PM.
Fogboundturtle is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 04:32 PM
  #340  
Quinten33
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 616
Thanked 258 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jvp View Post
God I hope not. Terrible idea from a visibility perspective. Zora hated the idea, and rightly so.

Folks' nostalgia is usually misplaced. Split window is an awful idea from the past and needs to be left there.
If the rear Camera mirror exists, whatís the big issue? Welburn said in 2009 that they could make a split window Corvette work with modern backup cameras, and he said that he expected the split window to return on the C7. Perhaps the technology wasnít there to have a split window C7, but GMís rear Camera mirror will give the C8 better rearward visibility than almost any sports car on the market.
Quinten33 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: --- Interior Uncovered ---


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: