--- Interior Uncovered --- - Page 19 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

--- Interior Uncovered ---

Old Today, 01:30 PM
JABCAT
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ View Post

I see what you mean. I’m still not totally happy with the Info screen on my ’17 Audi A 4 positioned so high up on the dash. But I am getting used to it. The 12” wide all digital Vitual Pilot screen seen between the steering wheel is really nice and operates separate from the Info Screen in Nav view and the gauge sizes can be small or large. I think this is the direction we will see with the ME C8 as suggested by that interior reveal. The big difference is that rather than stick up so high on the dash, it is position lower and more discrete. I do think however that they may have eliminated the C7 conceiled cubby compartment.

It follows the flow of cell phone design - when the first came out they were big bricks & then year after year they got smaller. Now that trend has reversed & cell phones are getting bigger & bigger each year turning back into that oversized brick. These screens in cars just keep getting bigger & bigger adding more distraction to the driver. I got a kick out of the video of the kid in his new Tesla getting pulled over because of the TV sized screen in his dash. It's amazing how we were all able to drive for decades without huge info screens in/on our dashboards

Last edited by JABCAT; Today at 01:31 PM.
Old Today, 01:45 PM
CRABBYJ
CF Senior Member

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

JABCAT, I know what you mean about cell phones. My wife and I still like our ‘Old’ iPhone 5S as they are sized small by today’s standard. We will keep them as long as the IOS can be updated, now at iOS 12.1.2.
Old Today, 02:32 PM
fumbling
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime View Post
I haven't seen enough evidence to support a real argument that there is a center bar on the rear glass of the vehicle, thus creating a split window. That said, absent real news, we can play the speculation game and wander into the weeds.

1) We know there is a rear facing camera in the upper rear glass area of the hood cover. It would look odd to put a camera in the middle of the glass by itself. A bar running down the middle would provide you with an easy cover to hide any wiring and create a nice subtle housing for such a camera.

3) Glass is heavy. Chevy would be foolish to not make the hood see thru, so you have to find a way to keep the weight down while also making it so people can see their engine. A center carbon fiber strip would allow you to see the engine from the left and right while adding strenght and dropping weight in the middle of the hood.

So...it is entirely possible that we have a split window design coming and perhaps even logical.
These are the best reasons yet for a split window. Would be very interesting to see if this is the case.
Old Today, 04:19 PM
Tom73
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime View Post
I haven't seen enough evidence to support a real argument that there is a center bar on the rear glass of the vehicle, thus creating a split window. That said, absent real news, we can play the speculation game and wander into the weeds.
Could this split window thing only be a three facet glass rear window? Down the center would be a narrow flat section of glass, then the glass would bend and angle to the side. All glass, all see through. Just different angles to the one piece glass that gives the effect of a split window.

Last edited by Tom73; Today at 04:22 PM.
Old Today, 04:53 PM
Darion
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tom73 View Post

Could this split window thing only be a three facet glass rear window? Down the center would be a narrow flat section of glass, then the glass would bend and angle to the side. All glass, all see through. Just different angles to the one piece glass that gives the effect of a split window.
I'm hoping this split window thing isn't a thing. If it's not structural and just style skip it. Lol

PC
Old Today, 05:00 PM
Atari_Prime
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tom73 View Post

Logically, to create the effect you’re talking about the glass would potentially need to be thicker in the curves. Thus causing it to weigh more than simply a slightly curved piece of glass all the way across. So with the idea in mind that they want to keep weight down, I doubt they would go with that as a design element. I think a split window is much more likely if there is a design element there.
Old Today, 07:07 PM
KnightmareCS
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by smoove7410 View Post

Radio UI looks about the same as the Caddy stuff.
Ex: XT6.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KnightmareCS For This Useful Post:
Atari_Prime (Today), RedDropTop (Today)
Old Today, 07:24 PM
rsvette12
CF Senior Member

Just an observation does it look like the steering wheel will be blocking the view of the screen hard to tell from pic but sure looks like it
Old Today, 07:56 PM
Spasetrucker
CF Senior Member

Pink led dash lighting to appeal to lady buyers.
Old Today, 08:43 PM
AEmedic
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Apocolipse View Post
If its mid rear engine rwd...why is the tunnel / middle console so big...
Gotta have a place to put a fuel tank...
The Following User Says Thank You to AEmedic For This Useful Post:
rsvette12 (Today)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: --- Interior Uncovered ---

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: