Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

--- Interior Uncovered ---

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 06:56 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,152 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG Dave
Why a C7 logo on the steering wheel airbag?
Hey Big Dave. That is the new revised pointy emblem that's slightly more acute than the C7 emblem.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:57 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG Dave
Why a C7 logo on the steering wheel airbag?
Look closer. The gap between the flags is closed up. It basically a squished or pinched version of the C7 logo. It's different, but not by much. There were better pictures of it on the leaked key fob from a few weeks ago.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:08 PM
vndkshn
Melting Slicks

Received 1,776 Likes on 863 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
The main problem with Zerv's "take it to the bank" assertion was that the C8 ME would start at $169K. On all the rest and certainly the interior, most have been agnostic, as have I.
No, he has gotten abuse for everything he has posted or said from multiple people who I am quite sure will try and distance themselves from their statements if more of what he has said comes true.

i don’t think starting price will be $169k. But I think it will be more than some people are wishing.
The following users liked this post:
blacheg (01-17-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by vndkshn

No, he has gotten abuse for everything he has posted or said from multiple people who I am quite sure will try and distance themselves from their statements if more of what he has said comes true.

i don’t think starting price will be $169k. But I think it will be more than some people are wishing.
I believed most of what he posted, except I thought the $169k price would be reserved for the highest model, possibly AWD.

We'll find out soon enough.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:14 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,314 Likes on 990 Posts

No one will stand up and acknowledge Zerv02 was legit, they'll just make excuses and point to any other thing he's stated that either didn't come true or has yet to be validated....same as I watch the media do to a certain person. Forget weak people ever acknowledging truth and admitting they were wrong about anything...they'd rather have the ship sink so they can say "told ya so"...if not, they'll just come up with something new to nitpick. Zerv02 was legit...100% and the interior proves it. If one thing he DID reveal was true, that no one else could've known outside, then he's validated...period.
The following 3 users liked this post by KnightDriveTV:
1snake (01-12-2019), Ronstar (01-12-2019), skank (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 07:14 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by HooosierDaddy
Come on GM... Take the damn flappy paddle's of the steering wheel and mount them to the column
Really? Do you find them more useful and/or easier to drive with the paddles in a static location on the column? From a brief opportunity driving a few cars back to back on track, one with paddles mounted to the column and a couple mounted to the wheel like the Vettes, I found the ones mounted to the wheel were easier to keep up with since they stayed with my hands, vs. have to find them on the column as I turned the wheel. Admittedly, my sample size is very small and one of the few times I've ever used paddles, since I've most always driven traditional manuals.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:27 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,314 Likes on 990 Posts

Paddles on the wheel make things confusing when you go hands-off the wheel...i.e. drift mode and wheel orientation is lost. Granted one will say "99% of people won't care"...and that's true...but....moves like that can send messages to the car world and car media, which say something about a car and the people behind it. I think it's pretty well shown there is no "right way" though...as the mix of approaches is real.
The following 2 users liked this post by KnightDriveTV:
DWS44 (01-11-2019), jvp (01-12-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 07:33 PM
GOC
Burning Brakes

Received 199 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
The main problem with Zerv's "take it to the bank" assertion was that the C8 ME would start at $169K. On all the rest and certainly the interior, most have been agnostic, as have I.

If that one thing proves to be the case, I will both apologize to Zerv and lament the imminent demise of the Corvette. GM just doesn't operate that way, and if the Chairman and Board roll the dice and go out on a limb with such a crazy strategy, while tossing a previously successful strategy, they'll soon regret it.

Folks keep citing the example of the Ford GT, but Ford has only done that 3 times over 50+ years for a couple of years at a time, and in that case, we're talking about about 3-4K cars max during each generation run. In short, the GT40 and Ford GT have been in production for 6-7 years total over the last 50 years, and well under 10K have ever been producted. It's been purely a Ford marketing campaign to periodically show what they can do.
Not that this is what I think will happen for sure, but just throwing it out there for discussion... If, stressing "if", this ME Vette were to really sell for $169K & up, the game will be played in a completely different way.

What I mean is the ME would be a Corvette Zora and not a Chevy Corvette if that makes sense. This will be the halo car for the Corvette brand that has expanded it's model line up into more than just 1 car (all variations of C7 currently counting as 1). You can look at the Zora as Ford's GT or Porsche's 918 as an exclusive car. Except, it cost a lot less. I never investigated but I was told the Ford GT really sells for closer to $500k and you can't even get one.

What's more wild is the improved LT1 (LT2) may actually be for a C7.5 or C8 front mid engine, rear wheel drive just like the C7. Meaning, GM is not abandoning the current Corvette customer base as that wouldn't make any sense. That one would come out after the Zora is launched. GM understands that most Corvette buyers are spending in the $65k range, therefore they won't be taking any of those customers away by offering a hypercar so to speak.

The Zora would reach a new range of customers globally. I mentioned a random 25,000 unit sold during the entire lifetime of this Zora generation earlier, but even if it was just 15k units, that's $2.7 billion at the low end.

Sounds crazy and hard to believe, I know. I'm not sure I believe it myself because it goes against all the other info/rumors that's out there. I'm just discussing IF what Zerv said is true about the price. And after seeing this interior, there is a chance that he is right on that too.

The following 2 users liked this post by GOC:
skank (01-11-2019), tooold2race (01-12-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 07:35 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,773 Likes on 4,221 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime
I don't think I can put this anymore delicately...why is there a giant dumbass lump in the middle of the steering wheel?
It's Corvette tradition to have an awful steering wheel for the first year of a new model. I'm guessing the wheels will be ugly as well considering what we've seen driving around. This happens every new generation & then they fix it (tho the stock C6 (2006+) & C7 steering wheel are still ugly, just not as bad as '05).
Old 01-11-2019, 07:41 PM
darkLight
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Noticed the bolstering on the seats appear to have a cloth material. This could mean many different options and allow for a cheaper base model a la Porche style.
Still sad to see the manual go. Thought the cabin divider with buttons and cup holder would look better.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:46 PM
eyedeekay
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime
Someone has a poo eating grin on his face today.

From the original post on this topic by Zerv02:

Originally Posted by fasttoys
"My question when did your parents let you leave the basement? You need to get back on your Xbox your last thread was just as ridiculous."

When the vehicle comes out, or at least when you get a first glimpse of the interior, please refer back to this post.

Originally Posted by eyedeekay
"Yeah plus I knew he was joking immediately after he said $169,990. Hoping we actually do get a true ZERV 2.0 though"

No jokes here my friend, there are already waitlists with hundreds if not thousands of people

Originally Posted by C8soon
"I feel stupid.....I thought it was real......Reader Beware ."

No need to feel stupid.... im not out to dupe anyone, like I said to the other users, when you get a first glimpse of the interior, refer back to this post. Im not sure what else I can tell you other than that

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
"The made up topics on here are comical LOL!"

I dont get it... why would anyone make this up... why take the time and effort?

I saw the vehicle...
I admit it, Zerv02 has truth to what he says. I wonder still about his price estimate and what it means, but i can see how one would assume $170000 from these interior shots.

Last edited by eyedeekay; 01-11-2019 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:46 PM
Supermassive
Melting Slicks

Received 793 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by darkLight
Noticed the bolstering on the seats appear to have a cloth material. This could mean many different options and allow for a cheaper base model a la Porche style.
Still sad to see the manual go. Thought the cabin divider with buttons and cup holder would look better.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the seats may not be final versions of what we will see in the car, as evidenced by the slit in the crotch region for a 5 point harness likely used for track testing.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:07 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,172 Likes on 588 Posts

Where are all the hater's with rock solid insider info that stated they know for a fact that the interior was completely bogus. Seems as though they scattered to the four winds. Going to be sweet if there is a surprise announce of the new car in 3 days. Also, for those saying he specifically stated the car will absolutely be 169K get off your high horse. He admitted in the thread that it could be for one model of the car. I do think there will be lower priced versions just no idea how low.

Last edited by JDSKY; 01-11-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:07 PM
marknagy13
Pro

Received 1,112 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by eyedeekay
I admit it, Zerv02 has truth to what he says. I wonder still about his price estimate and what it means, but i can see how one would assume $170000 from these interior shots.
This is not a 170k interior just because it has white leather lol. Same buttons/steering wheel/screens as any other Chevy
Old 01-11-2019, 08:14 PM
Gotta-Qik-C7
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Looks nice!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2019, 08:41 PM
CitznFish
Drifting

Received 1,347 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
Well eff me... I owe Zerv an apology!
Lol, I too owe zerv02 an apologize gy. Pretty shocked tbh. Still think he is wrong on the starting price.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:45 PM
nyca
Racer

Received 320 Likes on 139 Posts

Quick comments: Seems a little busy to me - doors, covers, angles. Why does the start/stop button need a door/cover over it? Also, the center console seems a little wide - there is no driveshaft running the length of the car, the console could be more narrow to provide more hip room in the seats.

Get notified of new replies

To --- Interior Uncovered ---

Old 01-11-2019, 08:45 PM
KGS365
Racer

Received 290 Likes on 182 Posts

that interior would support the $170K price...just can't figure how they take the $50K segment of buyers up to $170K...thats a different buyer
Old 01-11-2019, 09:05 PM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by Speednet
To the people crying and moaning about the quality of the leather (and that the cabin is full of leather), go out and get yourself a Camaro or buy a used C6. This is Chevy's HALO CAR, and should always be at the top of the heap, not filled with cheap materials for a bargain basement price. If you are worried about treating quality leather like you're going to ruin it with your fingernail (someone's actual comment) you obviously need to spend some more time in cars with quality interiors. The cheap materials you're used to get scratched and damaged much easier than quality leather materials.
What about those who view it as Chevy's halo competition vehicle, who have no use for luxurious trim? It'd be nice if cars that masqueraded as track supercars came equipped closer to a track supercar than a luxury sedan some time

Originally Posted by Corvette 1467
I’m a firm believer that this is the “GT” model. All leather, and the steering wheel is circular. The other picks are square wheels.
Entirely possible. I don't really have a horse in the Zerv race on either side, but thinking about it more I wonder if he works for an interior component contractor, who was picked to do a higher trim level or perhaps a one-off special edition. Could easily explain an in-depth knowledge on the steering wheel and console area, insistence on a certain price, who may or may not know more about the particulars about the car.

Originally Posted by KGS365
that interior would support the $170K price...just can't figure how they take the $50K segment of buyers up to $170K...thats a different buyer
Yep, not to mention losing the buyers who have supported the car for six decades years. I can easily see a special edition that high, I can't see a base much past $70k. If you are going for a six figure entry price, it makes far more marketing sense to keep the Corvette a Corvette and make this a new Caddy.
The following users liked this post:
KGS365 (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 09:06 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 476 Likes on 278 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

1. i never questioned his claim that he had inside info on the interior.. Well done

2. i am skeptical about a NAIAS reveal. little to no hype at all before a public reveal seems odd.

3. i would bet a large amount of money that a base price of $169k is about 100k too high.

if hes right about 2 and more importantly 3 i will start a petition to appoint him the new curated content editor.... might do it anyway.. even if he is wrong

Last edited by OH THREE Z; 01-11-2019 at 09:08 PM.

Quick Reply: --- Interior Uncovered ---