Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

--- Interior Uncovered ---

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 09:10 PM
JustinZ06
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the supposed race car version seen last summer’s appearance supports the 170k price tag as well. Take that exterior and this interior and you have a real winner in my book. Too late for me though as I moved to a PCar for the forseeable future. The street car version in camo does not scream 170k to me though. Maybe when camo comes off it will. I had actually hoped for a higher starting price, but lost hope a few months back with some of the camo spy shots due to bland looking design. Higher price should coincide with higher grade materials and it not being just the best bang for your buck super car. Instead it could stand purely on merit, performance and design leaving price out of equation in more comparisons.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:12 PM
MikeG37
Drifting

Received 756 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by KGS365
that interior would support the $170K price...just can't figure how they take the $50K segment of buyers up to $170K...thats a different buyer
One of the biggest complaints about Corvette's very top $ models has always been their similarly/shared looks, parts, cheap interiors, and just not enough specialness to differentiate them from the "pedestrian" base models.. C4 ZR1, C6 ZR1, C7 ZR1.
IF that price is legit this is definitely an additional model to the Corvette line that'll sit above the traditional front engine car.
The following users liked this post:
KGS365 (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 09:18 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Pretty radical departure.

BTW nobody complains the R8 has the same switch gear as a Golf.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:18 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

YESSSS! It looks like a very high quality interior! Love the leather padded horn but not loving the overall steering wheel. Maybe because the steering wheel leather looks shiny in the pic. And yeah most of you guys owe him a huge apology! Just because you didn't like what he said you trashed him but when some other brand new user (forgot his name) came on and admitted BS'ing with fake info you loved him because you liked what he was saying about the price.

Now I am hoping the exterior does NOT look like some of the not so attractive renderings we've seen on here!

Last edited by DaveFerrari458; 01-11-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:20 PM
Toombs
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
The main problem with Zerv's "take it to the bank" assertion was that the C8 ME would start at $169K. On all the rest and certainly the interior, most have been agnostic, as have I.

If that one thing proves to be the case, I will both apologize to Zerv and lament the imminent demise of the Corvette. GM just doesn't operate that way, and if the Chairman and Board roll the dice and go out on a limb with such a crazy strategy, while tossing a previously successful strategy, they'll soon regret it.

Folks keep citing the example of the Ford GT, but Ford has only done that 3 times over 50+ years for a couple of years at a time, and in that case, we're talking about about 3-4K cars max during each generation run. In short, the GT40 and Ford GT have been in production for 6-7 years total over the last 50 years, and well under 10K have ever been producted. It's been purely a Ford marketing campaign to periodically show what they can do.
Did he say it would start at $169,000? I remember he said that would be the cost of one of the models, but none less than 100k. You thought 65k starting price, correct? I just want to clarify, when the price is revealed.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:27 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Originally Posted by vndkshn
No, he has gotten abuse for everything he has posted or said from multiple people who I am quite sure will try and distance themselves from their statements if more of what he has said comes true.

i don’t think starting price will be $169k. But I think it will be more than some people are wishing.

Perhaps, but I was talking about the majority of the flak he's taken, which has been that infamous $169K to start thread. His OP clearly stated that, and then later he started hedging. That destroyed his credibility for many and everything else he said became suspect.

He actually did have some credibility in some areas before that.

Originally Posted by GOC
Not that this is what I think will happen for sure, but just throwing it out there for discussion... If, stressing "if", this ME Vette were to really sell for $169K & up, the game will be played in a completely different way.

What I mean is the ME would be a Corvette Zora and not a Chevy Corvette if that makes sense. This will be the halo car for the Corvette brand that has expanded it's model line up into more than just 1 car (all variations of C7 currently counting as 1). You can look at the Zora as Ford's GT or Porsche's 918 as an exclusive car. Except, it cost a lot less. I never investigated but I was told the Ford GT really sells for closer to $500k and you can't even get one.

What's more wild is the improved LT1 (LT2) may actually be for a C7.5 or C8 front mid engine, rear wheel drive just like the C7. Meaning, GM is not abandoning the current Corvette customer base as that wouldn't make any sense. That one would come out after the Zora is launched. GM understands that most Corvette buyers are spending in the $65k range, therefore they won't be taking any of those customers away by offering a hypercar so to speak.

The Zora would reach a new range of customers globally. I mentioned a random 25,000 unit sold during the entire lifetime of this Zora generation earlier, but even if it was just 15k units, that's $2.7 billion at the low end.

Sounds crazy and hard to believe, I know. I'm not sure I believe it myself because it goes against all the other info/rumors that's out there. I'm just discussing IF what Zerv said is true about the price. And after seeing this interior, there is a chance that he is right on that too.
Yes, it does sound quite far-fetched.

Originally Posted by MikeG37
One of the biggest complaints about Corvette's very top $ models has always been their similarly/shared looks, parts, cheap interiors, and just not enough specialness to differentiate them from the "pedestrian" base models.. C4 ZR1, C6 ZR1, C7 ZR1.
IF that price is legit this is definitely an additional model to the Corvette line that'll sit above the traditional front engine car.
Yeah, and the really stupid thing about that complaint is that most of the people making it couldn't afford an upscale version. People want the performance, quality, and interior of a $250K+ supercar for $130K. A lot of folks are simply delusional.

Last edited by Foosh; 01-11-2019 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:42 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by General_TSO
No one has pointed out the CEL yet? Off to a strong start!
CEL is always on when ignition is on nut car is not running.

Already looking for problem that doesn't exist.

Plus does not look like an interior in a sub 80 to 90k car.

Finally those of us that would like a Corvette with out the excuse of it a great car for the money and are willing to pay to get just a great car without and asterik needed about be in great for the money.
The following users liked this post:
tooold2race (01-12-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 09:51 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2,017 Likes on 702 Posts

Although it looks very nice, it is definitely not $170K nice. No doubt, the higher models fully loaded will easily meet and exceed that price. But the base car, no. Zerv02 is right about the interior, probably the reveal date too. I think the reason he said $170K for the base car is to remove some of the shock people will have when the price is revealed and it starts at like $75K instead of $60K. Hopefully they will have an updated C7 alongside it for those that want the traditional Corvette layout. Plus, the ME will clearly be DCT only. However they do it, they didn't do a massive BG expansion to build one car. And Cadillac, if they do make an ME which is very unlikely, they won't sell many. So with that being said, they will probably have a FE car along with the ME.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:55 PM
MikeG37
Drifting

Received 756 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by General_TSO
No one has pointed out the CEL yet? Off to a strong start!
Don't tell anyone, but I think the center console's release button has already broken and fell down between the tunnel and the seat

That's gonna be a bitch to find

Last edited by MikeG37; 01-11-2019 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:00 PM
bd377103
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

For those of you saying this doesn't look like the interior of a 5 figure car... when is the last time you were inside a German automobile produced in the last 5 years? It Maybe a step up for the bowtie but pretty standard for the European brands. I mean look at the interior from a $50k macan from 2014 ....
Old 01-11-2019, 10:03 PM
NY09C6
Le Mans Master

Received 627 Likes on 363 Posts

It looks absolutly awful in white. Black should make a major improvement though.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:03 PM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

I posted a few months back what a salesperson at a high volume dealership told me. He thought that the high end/high performing "Zora" ME would be the first reveal. A revised C7 would soldier on for a few MYs. Eventually, the ZORA would be "dumbed" down performance wise. And, this would be the C8. Who knows?
This I do know. If you want Z O R A on you steering wheel, you will be paying well, well north of 75K.

I have no horse in this race. No interest at all in a ME Vette at any price point. My '12 ZR1 will be my last Vette.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:04 PM
Red67John
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 195 Posts

Although I’m glad we’re getting a peek, these pics don’t show enough of the interior to make any real judgements. That seat material doesn’t look like very high quality leather, and what’s with that ski slope of buttons on the right side of the console? Need to see the displays. I wonder if that little lid on the console is hiding the cup holder? I do like that white leather though.

Without more pics and details, what I’m seeing is short of the updated interior of the 2020 911. I’m hoping more pics convince me otherwise.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:15 PM
Stingcan
Instructor

Received 163 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by HooosierDaddy
Come on GM... Take the damn flappy paddle's of the steering wheel and mount them to the column
One can hope...... Never understood the wheel mounted ones. Hard to find then when turning fast...
Old 01-11-2019, 10:18 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bd377103
For those of you saying this doesn't look like the interior of a 5 figure car... when is the last time you were inside a German automobile produced in the last 5 years? It Maybe a step up for the bowtie but pretty standard for the European brands. I mean look at the interior from a $50k macan from 2014 ....
You could not be more wrong or you have those special glasses when looking at German interiors! I mean the German's have stepped up their interiors quite a bit in the last 3-6 years but you're stretching it quite a bit!
Old 01-11-2019, 10:18 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2,017 Likes on 702 Posts

Originally Posted by 89L98
I posted a few months back what a salesperson at a high volume dealership told me. He thought that the high end/high performing "Zora" ME would be the first reveal. A revised C7 would soldier on for a few MYs. Eventually, the ZORA would be "dumbed" down performance wise. And, this would be the C8. Who knows?
This I do know. If you want Z O R A on you steering wheel, you will be paying well, well north of 75K.

I have no horse in this race. No interest at all in a ME Vette at any price point. My '12 ZR1 will be my last Vette.
Why would they go backwards?? They always start with the base, and move up to the top. And please stop being one of those people that "talked with the dealer" as they know nothing more than us. Many don't even know as much as us.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:20 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by vetteman41960
CEL is always on when ignition is on nut car is not running.

Already looking for problem that doesn't exist.

Plus does not look like an interior in a sub 80 to 90k car.

Finally those of us that would like a Corvette with out the excuse of it a great car for the money and are willing to pay to get just a great car without and asterik needed about be in great for the money.
Amen!

Get notified of new replies

To --- Interior Uncovered ---

Old 01-11-2019, 10:32 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,975 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingcan
One can hope...... Never understood the wheel mounted ones. Hard to find then when turning fast...
Driving Lesson 101.

You hold the steering wheel with your left and right hand at 9 and 3 positions. The paddles will be at your fingertips, always.
If you're in a parking situation or making a U-turn, you will not be changing gears.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:35 PM
84 4+3
Le Mans Master

Received 1,373 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Kind of reminds me of the C4 interior refresh with the driver oriented layout and high consol... looks a little roomier though.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:36 PM
TurboJunky
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts

Need to see interior in black
Steering wheel is kind of cool

169k and im out. I just hope it doesn't bomb at that price point

Last edited by TurboJunky; 01-11-2019 at 10:36 PM.

Quick Reply: --- Interior Uncovered ---