Disappointed - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointed

Old 01-12-2019, 12:02 AM
Rkreigh
CF Senior Member

yea all those italian ferrari designs can get a bit odd at times

but I wouldn't kick any of them out and even the ugly italians have some good curves that might fit just fine with a bit of spiffing up

don't kick the blind date out of bed before you see her
Old 01-12-2019, 12:13 AM
Satanspawn
CF Senior Member

If it looks anything like the renderings, it'll be a hard pass from me. I'm not necessarily against Italian styling. I'm not a fan of any of Ferrari's designs. I'm more of a Lamborghini styling kinda guy. I prefer more angular designs than curved ones, if that makes sense to anyone.

One thing that CAN be commented on now is the interior, and I'm sorry but that steering wheel and the whole console area look like trash to me.

Last edited by Satanspawn; 01-12-2019 at 12:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Satanspawn For This Useful Post:
16/C7Z (01-13-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 12:17 AM
Michael A
CF Senior Member

It looks like it is going to have a good old fashioned large displacement, cross plane crank, rumbling American V8. What's more American that that? I've always dreamed of such a beast being in a mid-engine car.

Last edited by Michael A; 01-12-2019 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:20 AM
vetteman41960
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by JacksC3 View Post
I have loved Corvettes all my life, but the C8 Corvette I think has lost the Americana style. Looks like a typical Italian supercar too me. Just my opinion.
Gee your disappointed that it appears to look like a car costing and 3 times as much with some of the most gorgeous cars design ever?

I happen to think that Ferrari makes the best looking cars ever.

My 15 458 get compliments anytime I stop for fuel everyone from young kids to older men and women comment on what a beautiful car it is.

I only hope that the C8 looks 70% as good as the 458
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetteman41960 For This Useful Post:
JerriVette (01-12-2019), ojm (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 12:59 AM
ojm
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Zora_Vette View Post
I hate to be blunt, but if GM let people like you that are stuck on the "good ole days" run the show, the Corvette would not have made it into the 21st century. Theres a reason it is not only one of the longest running vehicles, but a sports car at that. GM knows what they have to do to make it survive, and they have been doing it for a long time. This new ME will get even more younger buyers into the Corvette.
Not sure follow the logic, are older men more able to afford a C8 then a young guy with a family to raise, a mortgage etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to ojm For This Useful Post:
16/C7Z (01-13-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 01:02 AM
Zora_Vette
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ojm View Post
are older men more able to afford a C8 then a young guy with a family to raise, a mortgage etc.
Obviously. That is why the Corvette needs to appeal to younger buyers. For the lucky younger people that can afford a sports car early in life, they are probably considering Ferraris, McLarens, GTRs, etc. Not even looking at Vettes because they see them as mid life crisis mobiles.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zora_Vette For This Useful Post:
ojm (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 01:09 AM
smithers
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ojm View Post
Not sure follow the logic, are older men more able to afford a C8 then a young guy with a family to raise, a mortgage etc.
Plenty of 35-50 year old guys are out there driving $60-70k cars, they just don't usually pick a Corvette.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:15 AM
DaveFerrari458
CF Senior Member

^^^^ Corvette's are priced from $60-140K.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:18 AM
smithers
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458 View Post
^^^^ Corvette's are priced from $60-140K.
Yes, I know. I'm just saying the lower priced models are affordable by plenty of people, they just don't want them.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:23 AM
DaveFerrari458
CF Senior Member

^^^ Well most people under 30 can't afford an expensive toy....heck most people in general can't. I think the 911 seems to have the same age demographic as the Corvette. One of the problems with Corvette that doesn't attract some much younger affluent customers is stuff like GM still being greedy and offering chrome wheels.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveFerrari458 For This Useful Post:
16/C7Z (01-13-2019), ojm (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 02:44 AM
IronV
CF Senior Member

Default Radical direction to stay alive

Originally Posted by smithers View Post
The Corvette has to evolve to stay alive. Average age of new Corvette buyers is well over 60 years old. If they don’t get the car appealing to a younger market we won’t have a Corvette any more. GM was pretty open that this was the reason for the C7 going in a fairly radical direction. They appear to be doing it again with the C8.
I get that. But is it going in a radical direction, or an Aztek direction?
The Following User Says Thank You to IronV For This Useful Post:
16/C7Z (01-13-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 02:46 AM
smithers
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by IronV View Post
I get that. But is it going in a radical direction, or an Aztek direction?
Wait, you don't like it?
Old 01-12-2019, 02:46 AM
IronV
CF Senior Member

Baloney.

What Ferrari does a C2 Stingray resemble? The C3? The C4? The C5 looks like a giant Mazda RX 7. Not a Ferrari.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronV For This Useful Post:
rsvette12 (Yesterday)
Old 01-12-2019, 03:38 AM
Sin City
CF Senior Member

Actually looks too much like a Camaro
Old 01-12-2019, 04:26 AM
johnnystock

C5 is soo cool already. Itll be a very good one to own. When they startef the Z06, ls1 ls6...such great times with a 2980lbs car!! The debut of 2.5 decades of LS destroying everything!!

Usually the one saying or joking about Corvette beeing old car man doesnt have a clue about cars in general. The same ignorant who say "gino camaro". Dont care about them. Low QI joke.

ME is going to be the révolution and more plp will want a Corvette, everyone from all ages.

Ill be a buyer cause Im the ZL1 Camaro buyer right now. But with a ME Corvette, Im all over it for the same price!!

Overpriced Mustang no thank you!! 120k on a dealers lot for a R Gt350 LOLLL Imagine what dealer markup you gonna see on those gt500. Im already laughing.

Last edited by johnnystock; 01-12-2019 at 04:30 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:50 AM
Skullbussa
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Zora_Vette View Post
Obviously. That is why the Corvette needs to appeal to younger buyers. For the lucky younger people that can afford a sports car early in life, they are probably considering Ferraris, McLarens, GTRs, etc. Not even looking at Vettes because they see them as mid life crisis mobiles.
My local Lifetime Fitness serves a wealthy demographic and at any one time there are always Teslas, Porsches, King Ranch F150s, and tons of Jags, BMWs, and Mercs. Not a Corvette in sight...at least not after I sold my C6 Z06.

Despite all the praise car magazines throw at Corvettes, there are a ton of drawbacks to these cars that buyers are aware of, and this is all putting aside the horrible Corvette stigma that has developed over the past 2 decades. GM is very well aware of all of these things. Their priority is to make the Corvette cool again, find a younger demographic, and make more profit per car. If it just happens to be faster than the last gen, all the better, but that's a byproduct. Things like turbocharging, dual clutch transmissions, better interior, heightened driver engagement...this is what young people want. Not ancient burbling pushrods that sound like pickup trucks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skullbussa For This Useful Post:
Zaro Tundov (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 05:51 AM
JerriVette
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Skullbussa View Post
My local Lifetime Fitness serves a wealthy demographic and at any one time there are always Teslas, Porsches, King Ranch F150s, and tons of Jags, BMWs, and Mercs. Not a Corvette in sight...at least not after I sold my C6 Z06.

Despite all the praise car magazines throw at Corvettes, there are a ton of drawbacks to these cars that buyers are aware of, and this is all putting aside the horrible Corvette stigma that has developed over the past 2 decades. GM is very well aware of all of these things. Their priority is to make the Corvette cool again, find a younger demographic, and make more profit per car. If it just happens to be faster than the last gen, all the better, but that's a byproduct. Things like turbocharging, dual clutch transmissions, better interior, heightened driver engagement...this is what young people want. Not ancient burbling pushrods that sound like pickup trucks.
some hot babes have corvettes at my health club ...most are driving huge cuvs for their child..some ferraris, R8s, 911s, tesla model s, jaguar f types etc. i get a ton of compliments as everyone thinks my corvette is awesome, Im not quite sure why people on this forum are continually aee saying the corvette is an old mans car. Young men and women love the corvette. Most think they are way more expensive than they are. A lot of young people are wishing they could buy one meanwhile their daily driver costs more. They dont know and thats the single guys. The married guys tend to have kids etc and they often need to do a once in awhile pickup of their two kids...thats the reason young people often dont buy corvettes because its a two seater. Surprisingly when my son was born i said this is the exact time to get back into two seatsports car...and i bought my first corvette and have been buying and owning corvettes ever since.

the actual fact is once a young man buys a corvette, through the years as we age we continue to buy new corvettes. That loyalty is what causes the average age of corvette owners to increase compared to other brands.,,like porsches 911...

REPEAT OWNERSHIP BEYOND MANY OTHER BRANDS CAUSES AVERAGE AGE TO CONTINUE TO INCREASE.

ITS BRAND LOYALTY.

JMO
The Following User Says Thank You to JerriVette For This Useful Post:
oregonsharkman (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 02:47 PM
TBIRD57
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tennis & Golf Nut View Post
Me like. I love the way Ferraris look.

I'm buying 2nd year production if the Exterior/Interior look anything close as to what is shown.

I wanted a Manual, but I'll take a DCT if it works great. Getting old anyways.
me too
Old 01-12-2019, 02:58 PM
jimmyb
CF Senior Member

I have GOT to get a pair of these...

Old 01-12-2019, 04:03 PM
mschuyler
CF Senior Member

Thanked 2,100 Times in 970 Posts

Originally Posted by JacksC3 View Post
What I have seen in all the C8 pictures that have been posted is what i am talking about. Remarkable???
Yes, remarkable. I'm amazed I have to explain this to you. Do you think all those "pictures" you've seen are pictures of the actual car? Although I admire the talent of people doing them, they are renders of what people think the actual car MIGHT look like. It's guesswork. It may be "educated" guesswork, but it is still guesswork. You are making judgments based on a car you have never actually seen. That, IMO, is silly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Disappointed

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: