Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 12:30 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Every time a 76 year old Corvette owner dies, a 70 year old Corvette owner takes his place, until he too dies and another old fart then takes his place.

Believe me when I say that a "young" Corvette owner today, will be an "Old" Corvette owner 30 years from now. I's been that way for the past 65 years.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:08 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by sstonebreaker
Have to disagree. It's the same argument as the vette being a "midlife crisis car". The fact is, I've wanted a vette since I was 14, but couldn't afford one till I got the family raised, the kids through college, and got the wife her diamond ring. finally, after 25 years of marriage, it's MY turn.
There are always exceptions, which you clearly are. But there is a generation out the that are either delaying getting their drivers license or are not getting one at all. To these people cars are totally unimportant. The days of the car culture are almost over. I see a future where you will not be allowed to drive on public roads. Maybe the only people that can own cars would be licensed collectors. The self driving car and car services will be taking over.

Quick Reply: Disappointed