Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zerv was wrong. Clearly doesn’t know as much as he’s led on

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 01:44 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenwick
The C8 interior has leaked. It bears a slight resemblance to Zervs sketches. Members are coming out of the woodwork giving thanks/apologies to this guy as if he’s been persecuted for only wanting to share his knowledge. But there’s a big problem, his details are still very wrong.

Here’s what he got right:
1. Lamborghini style start/stop
2. Buttons running up the right side.

Heres what he got wrong:
1. Digital Touchpad
2. Wraparound Display
3. Steering wheel design (twice)
4. Steering wheel with “noticably thicker sides”
5. “XXXX” printed in the center of the steering wheel (obviously hinting at ZORA)
6. “The steering column, console, the dashboard, is a carbon copy to that of the current Ford GT. Almost identical steering wheel”

And that’s only just what’s been disproven from his interior thread.

Then theres the time when he flip-flopped between it being called a Corvette vs. Zora vs. some “unrelated GM car”...

And the backpedaling on the $169k price thread...

And the time he claimed the high perf version will launch first...

And the time he implied that he drove it...

The list goes on.

Stop treating this guy like he has all the answers. It should be clear at this time that he either saw a quick glimpse of a photo, or got a quick glimpse of the real thing, in passing, just enough to see a few key details and mess up/make up the rest.

Like I said back in August:

“There are plenty of ways somebody could come across an exposed C8 this close to the assumed reveal, but anyone with any real information or feedback to give on any key data (performance, pricing, availability, branding, market positioning, etc.) would be either too busy, too important or too held down by NDA to risk anything in the name of anonymous fame. It's very clear (crystal, in fact) that the only thing to gain by doing this is attention and a way to fill what must be very boring free time (which the OP seems to have an abundance of).”

and

“Even if you give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he's seen it, it's clear he doesn't know anything beyond what he's seen. And is just using this thread as a device to get attention. Stop giving it to him.

He's flip flopping back and forth on pricing, branding (If it's a Corvette/C8, if it's a supplemental Corvette branded sub-model, if it's not a Vette at all), its name (C8 vs. "XXXX") and the performance specs/packaging.”

It’s baffling how little it takes to convince some of you.

Bravo.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:58 AM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2,017 Likes on 702 Posts

Could this be a picture of the C8 engine??

Last edited by Zora_Vette; 01-13-2019 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:26 AM
zr_kaizen
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Zora_Vette

Source? I’m looking for mid-engine projects like the Aria but can’t find any similar pictures.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:29 AM
kingpin111
Race Director

Received 102 Likes on 59 Posts

OP needs to back away from the keyboard.
If this guy bothers you so much that you had to take time and make a thread about it you have bigger problems.
The following 4 users liked this post by kingpin111:
1snake (01-13-2019), AEmedic (01-13-2019), CorvettoBrando (01-28-2019), dvarapala (01-16-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 02:59 AM
gymdoc
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Old 01-13-2019, 03:25 AM
Patriot10
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts

Zerv is "The Oracle."
Old 01-13-2019, 07:35 AM
Corvette 1467
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

that’s an LT4 from the Z06, Zl1. But, it’s definitely not in a corvette boot! That’s not Camaro either... maybe u found something! 🤔
Old 01-13-2019, 07:58 AM
ViperFan1
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 58 Posts

The C8 interior has leaked. It bears a slight resemblance to Zervs sketches. Members are coming out of the woodwork giving thanks/apologies to this guy as if he’s been persecuted for only wanting to share his knowledge. But there’s a big problem, his details are still very wrong.

Here’s what he got right:
1. Lamborghini style start/stop
2. Buttons running up the right side.

Heres what he got wrong:
1. Digital Touchpad
2. Wraparound Display
3. Steering wheel design (twice)
4. Steering wheel with “noticably thicker sides”
5. “XXXX” printed in the center of the steering wheel (obviously hinting at ZORA)
6. “The steering column, console, the dashboard, is a carbon copy to that of the current Ford GT. Almost identical steering wheel”

And that’s only just what’s been disproven from his interior thread.

Then theres the time when he flip-flopped between it being called a Corvette vs. Zora vs. some “unrelated GM car”...

And the backpedaling on the $169k price thread...

And the time he claimed the high perf version will launch first...

And the time he implied that he drove it...

The list goes on.

Stop treating this guy like he has all the answers. It should be clear at this time that he either saw a quick glimpse of a photo, or got a quick glimpse of the real thing, in passing, just enough to see a few key details and mess up/make up the rest.

Like I said back in August:

“There are plenty of ways somebody could come across an exposed C8 this close to the assumed reveal, but anyone with any real information or feedback to give on any key data (performance, pricing, availability, branding, market positioning, etc.) would be either too busy, too important or too held down by NDA to risk anything in the name of anonymous fame. It's very clear (crystal, in fact) that the only thing to gain by doing this is attention and a way to fill what must be very boring free time (which the OP seems to have an abundance of).”

and

“Even if you give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he's seen it, it's clear he doesn't know anything beyond what he's seen. And is just using this thread as a device to get attention. Stop giving it to him.

He's flip flopping back and forth on pricing, branding (If it's a Corvette/C8, if it's a supplemental Corvette branded sub-model, if it's not a Vette at all), its name (C8 vs. "XXXX") and the performance specs/packaging.”

It’s baffling how little it takes to convince some of you.
okay we understand your upset because you cant fork over 6 figures for a ME but why say the mans wrong when hes about to be proved 100% right in 2 days?

wow someones salty!!!

your not getting a me for under the price of a zl1 1le. Sorry.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:06 AM
ViperFan1
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 58 Posts

For some reason I feel like Zerv02 works for GM and is part of a controlled leak team. Give us small bits of info to drum up excitement and keep the C8 in the news, but not giving up too much. Tell us stuff about the interior that is accurate but not too spot on. Organize a leak of the interior that for some reason has stuff blurred out. Give us a crazy price of $170K so that when the actual price is unveiled and is higher than what some are expecting (probably around $75K), people aren't stunned by the higher price, and the rest are stunned that it isn't super expensive. Just my opinion.
your also wrong.

your not getting a rear engine halo car for 75k. Im sorry. Thats Camaro money. The only reason the electric problems were reported was because people like you think zervs prices are wrong.

what if i told you its the opposite? Electric problems rumor then a reveal on 14th because all of the feedback on the price was negative? Now morale for lowballers is already down so noone like you will wait till the reveal only to be let down by the fact the base price will be over 100k.

also, NO.

thats not a ME lt4. The ME will sport ONLY a 4.4 period.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:55 AM
BAblackvette
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I will really never understand this. On a forum where 90% of the posts are based on pure speculation, why are people so personally offended by Zerv? I really don’t get it.
The following users liked this post:
vndkshn (01-14-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 09:01 AM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

You know what? Forget it. This has actually been very enlightening.

They should study this whole Zerv02 thing in Political Science. It gives a great insight into the current political climate with regards to public opinion.

Get one thing right and they’ll follow you blindly. You’re then free to make up as much **** as you want.
May not apply in this case - I can think of a prominent political figure for whom I believe the following is accurate - but the behaviour is reminiscent of the Dunning-Kruger Effect...

Last edited by Vernon; 01-13-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:29 AM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

could be,but I don't think tube headers will last
Old 01-13-2019, 09:31 AM
MikeG37
Drifting

Received 756 Likes on 351 Posts

​​​​​​That's an LT4 being stuffed into the back of an Audi R8.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:49 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by viperfan1
your also wrong.

Your not getting a rear engine halo car for 75k. Im sorry. Thats camaro money. The only reason the electric problems were reported was because people like you think zervs prices are wrong.

What if i told you its the opposite? Electric problems rumor then a reveal on 14th because all of the feedback on the price was negative? Now morale for lowballers is already down so noone like you will wait till the reveal only to be let down by the fact the base price will be over 100k.

Also, no.

Thats not a me lt4. The me will sport only a 4.4 period.

you're....

Steven Beaver (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 10:48 AM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,278 Likes on 923 Posts

Its an r8 guys...
Old 01-13-2019, 11:12 AM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 321 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

^^^ So the posted pictures of the C8 interior is a carbon copy of this picture? Hummmm.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:20 AM
JD_AMG
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 64 Posts

Yea nice try...
The following 2 users liked this post by JD_AMG:
mre1974 (01-13-2019), Zaro Tundov (01-13-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Zerv was wrong. Clearly doesn’t know as much as he’s led on

Old 01-13-2019, 11:26 AM
mre1974
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Yea nice try...
I knew I had seen that before but couldn't find it...you beat me to it. I bet that R8 is a fun driver with that LT in there.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:35 AM
wstafford
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

All this speculation about the C8. Really, who cares. Just sit back and wait for it. GM will release it when they release it and not before. It's not worth getting all frazzled up about. It's going to be a cool car, but just wait on it. A lot of folks showing their *** here. Over what? Nothing. Just sit back and wait. I'm just like the most of the people here, I don't have a dog in this hunt, it means mighty little to me. I'm curious, that's all. Ya'll need to back away and enjoy life and just wait. It'll happen.
Stafford
vettpapaw (01-30-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 12:19 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeG37
​​​​​​That's an LT4 being stuffed into the back of an Audi R8.
Mike is a sharp guy.

Quick Reply: Zerv was wrong. Clearly doesn’t know as much as he’s led on