Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good job Chevy

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 01:53 AM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2,017 Likes on 702 Posts
Default Good job Chevy

Good job, Chevy. GM. And everyone else involved. This close to the unveil of the C7, we knew MUCH more. We even had a rendering that was 99% spot on. Chevy, you have done a remarkable job of making speculation very difficult. There is a million different ways this could go. You've turned forum members against each other, put people to work with their rendering skills, made grown men act like children, and so much more! You've just done a great job with all this leading up to the C8 unveil. I only hope the actual car is half as good as as you job you did for this long, drawn out journey that you have made for us. Because even then it is going to be amazing. Whether the C8 is unveiled on Monday, a few days after, or does an NSX or Supra imitation and gets unveiled in 10 years after hundreds of delays, I just want you to know it has been fun and you did a fantastic job leading us up until the reveal.

Enough with that. Show us the damn car now.
The following 2 users liked this post by Zora_Vette:
george vee (01-29-2019), Shaka (01-29-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 07:14 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

The c7 was a evolutionary design whereas the c8 heads up as a forty hear journey that shifts to a rear mid engine platform.

should be a wild c8 release when it actually occurs...

(especially considering how freaked out some corvette enthusiasts were when the tail lights were no longer round)

change is hard for many diehard enthusiasts...

gm is taking the “just rip the band aid off the kid” approach...

hopefully all at once..l

Old 01-13-2019, 07:40 AM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

Agree with you guys.

I for one will be VERY surprised if the C8 is revealed tomorrow - or on another date - without the same type of teaser campaign GM used for the C7. But with that said, perhaps that "traditional" way of thinking (marketing-wise) is why GM would do it differently.

It's a revolutionary time/event for Corvette, perhaps GM wants to take an equally revolutionary approach to revealing it.

So truth be told, I really would prefer to be very surprised with a reveal this week!!

It really is an interesting and exciting time for Corvette!

Last edited by FrankLP; 01-13-2019 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:39 AM
C7nut
Pro

Received 337 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Zora_Vette
Good job, Chevy. GM. And everyone else involved. This close to the unveil of the C7, we knew MUCH more. We even had a rendering that was 99% spot on. Chevy, you have done a remarkable job of making speculation very difficult. There is a million different ways this could go.
I think other then fine details, mules and renderings have pretty much defined how the C8 will look. I'm also pretty sure those key FOB and semi blurred interior shots were GM approved. The only real mystery remaining is price.. Knowing what a nicely equipped Z51 C7 Stingray costs today,(about $73K+tax) I'd be surprised if a similar equipped C8 will cost less then $80k-$85K...

Last edited by C7nut; 01-13-2019 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:08 AM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by C7nut
I think other then fine details, mules and renderings have pretty much defined how the C8 will look. I'm also pretty sure those key FOB and semi blurred interior shots were GM approved. The only real mystery remaining is price.. Knowing what a nicely equipped Z51 C7 Stingray costs today,(about $73K+tax) I'd be surprised if a similar equipped C8 will cost less then $80k-$85K...
a base coupe has a MSRP of $56,590. How much over that will the MSRP of a base C8 be?
Old 01-13-2019, 11:12 AM
BarneyZ
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

"Only" $59,995.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:14 AM
Atari_Prime
Drifting

Received 555 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette

(especially considering how freaked out some corvette enthusiasts were when the tail lights were no longer round)

Changing taillights was still a big mistake. Mid-engine is more of an acceptable change than that.
The following 2 users liked this post by Atari_Prime:
jamesc1123 (01-29-2019), m.whitmell (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 04:09 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Whether the C8 is unveiled on Monday, a few days after, or does an NSX or Supra imitation and gets unveiled in 10 years after hundreds of delays
Yeah...lets hope we don't follow the Supra marketing path. We've been getting "leaks" and camo version after camo version for what feels like sooo long. Finally, it's just about to be "officially" unveiled, still can't buy one for who knows how much longer, and yet it already feels older than the C7.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:16 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DWS44
Yeah...lets hope we don't follow the Supra marketing path. We've been getting "leaks" and camo version after camo version for what feels like sooo long. Finally, it's just about to be "officially" unveiled, still can't buy one for who knows how much longer, and yet it already feels older than the C7.
I've been following this since we got the VERY FIRST spy shots of the car when it had all the cladding, C7 doors, and was spied next to the yet to be released C7 ZR1. So I agree with you. This has been extremely drawn out, and even once it is revealed the wait is still not over. I hope in the future GM takes a page from the European supercar manufacturers such as McLaren. Keep the car hidden during testing so nobody knows it's coming, have a teaser a few weeks before the reveal, then at the reveal have the configurator up and running, start taking orders within a couple months after the reveal, then start deliveries a few months after that. This really drawn out process of seeing the mules years before the unveil, having to wait months for the configurator after the unveil, then more months for delivery to start is extremely frustrating and pain inducing, especially when you follow along with all the leaks, spy photos, and speculations like many of us including myself have done.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:09 PM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts

This really drawn out process of seeing the mules years before the unveil, having to wait months for the configurator after the unveil, then more months for delivery to start is extremely frustrating and pain inducing, especially when you follow along with all the leaks, spy photos, and speculations like many of us including myself have done.
Yeah, it really sucks that GM has to develop and test the Corvette to last for 200k+ miles and be driven in all the various climates of North America on any sort of road from pristine tarmac to washboarded gravel to the foot deep potholes of Detroit, unlike a company whose car's odometers might eventually some day reach 20k miles and are pretty much driven on a track or to the club.

Maybe if you don't want to see pics of the mules, don't look at them? There's a reason GM doesn't keep the public up to date for years before the official release.
The following users liked this post:
AORoads (01-29-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 09:12 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jefnvk
Yeah, it really sucks that GM has to develop and test the Corvette to last for 200k+ miles and be driven in all the various climates of North America on any sort of road from pristine tarmac to washboarded gravel to the foot deep potholes of Detroit, unlike a company whose car's odometers might eventually some day reach 20k miles and are pretty much driven on a track or to the club.

Maybe if you don't want to see pics of the mules, don't look at them? There's a reason GM doesn't keep the public up to date for years before the official release.
Clearly reading comprehension is not one of your strengths.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:23 PM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts

Clearly reading comprehension is not one of your strengths.
I can read that you pain yourself following every last piece of information over years of development. As I presume that you won't give up reading that info, I can only assume you prefer that the cars not be driving around on the roads testing, so there is no info or pics to be leaked to you.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:27 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jefnvk
I can read that you pain yourself following every last piece of information over years of development. As I presume that you won't give up reading that info, I can only assume you prefer that the cars not be driving around on the roads testing, so there is no info or pics to be leaked to you.
You clearly missed my point yet again. I'm not going to retype what I already said, so go back to my post that is clearly confusing to you.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:50 AM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Received 495 Likes on 260 Posts
Default "Are we not men? We are C7!"

Originally Posted by JerriVette
The c7 was a evolutionary design whereas the c8 heads up as a forty hear journey that shifts to a rear mid engine platform.

should be a wild c8 release when it actually occurs...

change is hard for many diehard enthusiasts...

gm is taking the “just rip the band aid off the kid” approach...

hopefully all at once..l
The C7 is a throwback. A reversion to the drama of the C2 and C3. It's truly "de-evolutionary."
Old 01-14-2019, 07:45 AM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by IronV
The C7 is a throwback. A reversion to the drama of the C2 and C3. It's truly "de-evolutionary."
You are a trouble maker, worse than me. Better than me????
firstvettesoon (01-30-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 12:24 PM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Received 495 Likes on 260 Posts
Default We are Devo!

Originally Posted by Shaka
You are a trouble maker, worse than me. Better than me????
I take that as a great compliment. I am humbled, sir
firstvettesoon (01-30-2019)
Old 01-29-2019, 10:30 AM
TRT SR
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 102 Posts

Anyone know when they normally release what the pace car is for the Indy 500? That would be a perfect time to show the world what the car is like. Corvettes have paced the race many times
Shaka (01-29-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Good job Chevy

Old 01-30-2019, 12:36 PM
jamesampm
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime

Changing taillights was still a big mistake. Mid-engine is more of an acceptable change than that.
I'm still shocked how people are so offended that the taillights aren't round. The C7 rear end is great, round taillights look plain and don't match that rear, the aftermarket ones look ridiculous TBH.

LOL these people still mad they can't buy CRT televisions as well?

Last edited by jamesampm; 01-30-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:47 PM
Atari_Prime
Drifting

Received 555 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesampm
I'm still shocked how people are so offended that the taillights aren't round. The C7 rear end is great, round taillights look plain and don't match that rear, the aftermarket ones look ridiculous TBH.

LOL these people still mad they can't buy CRT televisions as well?
The C7 rear is exactly what makes it not a Corvette. Everything else about the car is good or at least adequate (minus the steering wheel). The rear is the issue for most anyone has who dislikes the car.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:53 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Geez dude.. Don't blow a vein. It gets here when it gets here. Are you even going to buy one?

Quick Reply: Good job Chevy