Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7 new rumored C8 points

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 04:25 PM
tonypittman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
The C7 was not "near release" in 2011. It was SHOWN to the world at the Detroit Auto Show in January 2013. It "released" (went on SALE) in late summer 2013.
Again, don't use the word NEW and no one will bust your chops. When you say NEW, folks expect NEW information. Someone writing something, that is their OPINION, in your comments section, is not NEW information. I can say that the car is going to weigh 2900 pounds, that is my hope/opinion, but it is NOT new information.

OK...ok....because the C7 was in WHATEVER STAGE you want to specify, that does not in any way link to whether the C8 was being developed. The C8 effort goes back a LONG way...

Also, did you even read the comments section?? The source with connections to the parts supplier? That is not simply an OPINION.

I am always up for a good debate, but your attacks are simply baseless.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:47 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

The OP lost me at "rumored"... I'm all rumored out.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:51 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael A
A pushrod engine for a car "just under $100K" is not going to fly.
it flys now in a 755 hp $150k car now

and in an 840hp dodge too
Old 02-04-2019, 11:09 PM
tonypittman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tcinla
The OP lost me at "rumored"... I'm all rumored out.

I hear you on that. I actually think this whole rumor monger situation is doing a lot of harm. These aren't the days of old when Corvette went through the previous generation shifts. These days, people get lethal with their keyboards, and now the community is getting pretty fractured!

I'm addressing that separately, and no doubt some will get all spun up!
Old 02-05-2019, 07:51 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by tonypittman

OK...ok....because the C7 was in WHATEVER STAGE you want to specify, that does not in any way link to whether the C8 was being developed. The C8 effort goes back a LONG way...

Also, did you even read the comments section?? The source with connections to the parts supplier? That is not simply an OPINION.

I am always up for a good debate, but your attacks are simply baseless.

Yes, I read the "Comments" section. Again, nothing new (hybrid powertrain has been discussed for almost 2 years)....some faceless guy saying that a "family member" worked on hybrid powertrain ISN'T news. And it is not a CONFIRMATION. This same guy says there is a YouTube video of a C8 in a "snowbank" with the front wheels OFF THE GROUND and the front wheels spinning. Well, I spent 30 minutes searching YouTube and NO such video exists. EVERY camo'd C8 we've seen is a small brake/small tire (relatively speaking) car. Now, I don't KNOW this but based on all the C8 mules we've seen (and especially HEARD), there has not been ONE car that would be a HIGHER performance variant like a Z06/ZR1. Every recording of a C8 mule has been, IMO, powered by a SBC. The C8.R Sebring video sounds like a car that is clearly NOT powered by a SBC. Again, IMO.
No different from ANOTHER faceless guy (in YOUR comments section) who's wife's boss's brother says the car might be delayed 2 years because of transmission issues....
The first one is harmless, the second one is trolling at it's finest, clearly made up. Come on..."my wife's boss's brother"????

And since you choose to keep doubling down,...how do YOU know the C8 has been in development since 2011? What I KNOW is that GM was 2 years out of bankruptcy (in 2011) and still deep in developing the C7 and getting it ready for production.
I'm sorry you're taking this as "attacks". It's not intended to be an attack, it is a suggestion that calling information "NEW" when it's not "NEW" is disingenuous and opens up the door for "click bait" questions.

Last edited by jimmyb; 02-05-2019 at 04:24 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jimmyb:
Grzldvt1 (02-09-2019), ShagVette (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 05:32 PM
tonypittman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes, I read the "Comments" section. Again, nothing new (hybrid powertrain has been discussed for almost 2 years)....some faceless guy saying that a "family member" worked on hybrid powertrain ISN'T news. And it is not a CONFIRMATION. This same guy says there is a YouTube video of a C8 in a "snowbank" with the front wheels OFF THE GROUND and the front wheels spinning. Well, I spent 30 minutes searching YouTube and NO such video exists. EVERY camo'd C8 we've seen is a small brake/small tire (relatively speaking) car. Now, I don't KNOW this but based on all the C8 mules we've seen (and especially HEARD), there has not been ONE car that would be a HIGHER performance variant like a Z06/ZR1. Every recording of a C8 mule has been, IMO, powered by a SBC. The C8.R Sebring video sounds like a car that is clearly NOT powered by a SBC. Again, IMO.
No different from ANOTHER faceless guy (in YOUR comments section) who's wife's boss's brother says the car might be delayed 2 years because of transmission issues....
The first one is harmless, the second one is trolling at it's finest, clearly made up. Come on..."my wife's boss's brother"????

And since you choose to keep doubling down,...how do YOU know the C8 has been in development since 2011? What I KNOW is that GM was 2 years out of bankruptcy (in 2011) and still deep in developing the C7 and getting it ready for production.
I'm sorry you're taking this as "attacks". It's not intended to be an attack, it is a suggestion that calling information "NEW" when it's not "NEW" is disingenuous and opens up the door for "click bait" questions.
How do I know? I'm not going to start dropping names....but I have some long-standing relationships with people who have deep ties into Corvette. Check the Twin Turbo police stop vid on my channel if you need some clues.

But, the main point you were making was that there has to be some tie between where the C7 was in the development cycle and where the C8 could have started its development. The two aren't connected. The C8 is an entirely different platform and lifecycle. So, it has spanned C6 and C7 in its concept through design/build lifecycle. You can believe that...or not....no difference to me.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:36 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

^^^^^
OK. I'll choose to NOT believe it.
The following users liked this post:
Grzldvt1 (02-09-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 09:32 AM
tonypittman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

^^^^^
OK. I'll choose to NOT believe it.

I lied. It does make a difference to me. I'm CRUSHED!
Old 02-09-2019, 01:27 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Great another person with "insider" information. While the rumor mill and insider information has been beaten to death, there is a famous saying.

Those that actually know aren't talking
Those that think they know are talking.

This stuff drives me crazy.
Give us GM verifiable facts, otherwise it is all just fantasy and BS until actually verified by GM.
This is Zerv junk all over again.
I am with jimmyb all day on this nonsense
ShagVette (02-10-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 02:09 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,912 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
This is Zerv junk all over again.
Or maybe not.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:32 AM
SoCalC7
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 70 Posts

Even if it has the performance of a 488, if the back end looks like a Camaro, none of that will matter. I’ll be buying a lowly 458.
ArmchairArchitect (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 04:22 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Michael A
Or maybe not.
OMG, LOL.... seriously, Tony comes in here months after the fact claiming he has insider information. How many clowns have we had in here that claim that!!! Good Lord the gullibility in this section is beyond incredible. Show us verifiable facts from GM, not "I know somebody, or I know somebody, who knows somebody". For Christ Sakes, I can claim, I know somebody, twist a speculative fact and convince people it is the truth. 90% of you will buy into it and I am a C8 Forum Hero.
As I tell my friends never buy a used car from me, I can spin anything to look positive and wonderful.
Plus while I am on it, time to do a reality check.
Question on the Forum: How hard is it to work on a ME Corvette... Really!!!! Think about it, how many people on this forum have done that???
Will I fit in a C8,,,, really how many people on the Forum have really sat in one and can claim they know. If you have to ask that a SMART CAR is for you not a C8.
Sorry to get everyone's panties in a bunch but some of the questions and speculations are simply beyond my logic.
As I have said before when GM actually announces the delivery date and shows us the final product and the speculation information is verified as real we can ask those questions.
GM has to be laughing their *** off watching this section. I do know they look at the Forum as I crashed my C5 in a stupid move in Death Valley, and made a comment about a crash at the Monterey Historics, where Dave Hill was in attendance in our Corvette Corral, he acknowledged my comment and said "Oh you are the guy, we know about you.."
ShagVette (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 09:09 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
OMG, LOL.... seriously, Tony comes in here months after the fact claiming he has insider information. How many clowns have we had in here that claim that!!! Good Lord the gullibility in this section is beyond incredible. Show us verifiable facts from GM, not "I know somebody, or I know somebody, who knows somebody". For Christ Sakes, I can claim, I know somebody, twist a speculative fact and convince people it is the truth. 90% of you will buy into it and I am a C8 Forum Hero.
As I tell my friends never buy a used car from me, I can spin anything to look positive and wonderful.
Plus while I am on it, time to do a reality check.
Question on the Forum: How hard is it to work on a ME Corvette... Really!!!! Think about it, how many people on this forum have done that???
Will I fit in a C8,,,, really how many people on the Forum have really sat in one and can claim they know. If you have to ask that a SMART CAR is for you not a C8.
Sorry to get everyone's panties in a bunch but some of the questions and speculations are simply beyond my logic.
As I have said before when GM actually announces the delivery date and shows us the final product and the speculation information is verified as real we can ask those questions.
GM has to be laughing their *** off watching this section. I do know they look at the Forum as I crashed my C5 in a stupid move in Death Valley, and made a comment about a crash at the Monterey Historics, where Dave Hill was in attendance in our Corvette Corral, he acknowledged my comment and said "Oh you are the guy, we know about you.."
Actually, this section is NOT gullible. But, this section does choose to BELIEVE someone when they say the have information that is "NEW".
And this is my issue with Tony and everyone else that uses "NEW" when their info is anything but. If you truly have "NEW" information, everyone here is RABID to hear it. But if you're going to regurgitate the SAME stuff that we heard a year ago, and then get called out for doing it, and then act like we're all ******** for busting your chops...well, maybe one should UP their game or get out of the Corvette C8 "this is NOT new, but my brother's next door neighbor's roommate HEARD...blah...blah.."

I'm sure Tony is a fine fellow, but he has not provided ONE shred of information that hasn't been talked about, on multiple posts, multiple times.
The TRUTH will set you free.

Last edited by jimmyb; 02-09-2019 at 09:10 PM.
Grzldvt1 (02-10-2019), ShagVette (02-09-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 09:13 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by wrmadden
Tony,

Just viewed your video. Thanks for the information in your video. Just ignore the haters. Unfortunately I have not posted much on the forum due to the naysayers that are quick to criticize and blast people who are just trying to contribute to the forum. As car enthusiasts why not just enjoy the posts and have respectful and fun debates regarding whats going on in the corvette world. I have seen first time posters get blasted for their first post. Not very welcoming. Like you said instead of criticizing just move on and be respectful. I guess it is the sign of the times. Just like the sad state of our politics. Any way post what you want regarding corvette news. Just ignore the naysayers.

Fellow Corvette Enthusiast,

Bill

Bill
So one more time, then this post should actually be deleted. The critics are not haters but realists. This forum has been spammed more times than any of us care to count, with "NEW" insider information that simply proved to be false. There is nothing "NEW", just rehashed information with some narcissist clown wearing sunglasses in a video, and no they are not facts, just pure speculation/rumors. I will be open, I did not watch it but for 10 seconds, When I saw it was 6 minutes, I blew it off. I am , and many others are not going to waste our time on a 6 minute video. You did.?
It is amazing to many of us that someone one knows, someone with insider information. REALLY!!!!
I am intimately familiar with the secrecy surrounding new products as my father was very high in the Ford chain of command for new products. The mules in our driveway were incredible. The someone that is leaking information is doing so with their employment on the line and literally facing lifetime unemployment, or working at McDonalds or a cook at the 275/Ford Road White Castle. The auto companies do not screw around, and if real secret information is leaked, they will pinpoint it and toss the individual in the street instantly, no questions asked. I know as he had to instantly toss two engineers that leaked information to GM for a few pennies about something that was way ahead of it's time, and truly felt bad as they had families to support, BUT rules is rules. Keep in mind this was back in the 70's well before the Internet.
You can bet the person that leaked what we all assume are the C8 interior pictures is collecting MI unemployment insurance, and I doubt with the Polar Vortex the checks will even cover their Consumers Gas Bill.
So this nonsense of I know someone and they are willing to leak me information is just dumb, and most likely false.
I am an early adopter of the Corvette, had an 85, a 98 and an 05. Saw the C7 and passed, to me it is still the ugliest car on the road and is right there with the Pontiac Aztek. Can I afford it, absolutely. Waiting to see what the C8 looks like if it is close to the C7 then I will buy a new Aston Martin DB11, if the C8 is a much deeper departure from the C7, then I will be the first on the block to have one.
But my panties aren't in a bunch over the latest minute speculation, like many here..
ShagVette (02-10-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 09:25 AM
FringbirdAloha
Burning Brakes

Received 729 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by tonypittman

“Talking”, maybe. But, did you even read the viewer’s comment about the evidence that newly surfaced? Or, did you just go into “keyboard warrior mode” and drop this here without even looking into what is going on?
Again, the cad files leaked in December 2017. We’ve all known about this “new info” for over a year. You literally have nothing to offer but click bait. Sorry.
ShagVette (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 11:34 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Geez guys chill out....we are not talking about anything more than a cool video about a possible new corvette.

enjoy the video or dont yet remember some guy put forth the effort to create the video and share it with fellow corvette enthusiasts..

for that fact alone show the man some respect.

disagree? Fine...have a different perspective ? Cool...thats the idea of a video like this...

its gets a lot of people motivated to express their own opinions.

lets not go so far as to be insulting because your opinion differs from the gentleman (a fellow corvette enthusiast) who took the time and effort to create a video...

im grateful for the fine efforts. Do i expect every aspect of the video to be correct? Of course not..yet what it did for me and for many of us...is to ignite our own opinions on the subject.

lets try and be respectful of the creators effort...

disagree, voice your opinion yet lets do that in a manner that we would be doing if in fact we were all face to face.

just my two cents....

continue as you all see fit.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:11 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

I have absolutely no problem going face to face with Tony... minus the Hollywood sunglass look. Yes I have been one of the biggest critics, because there is absolutely nothing new, simply rehashed old stuff. whats the point? Why spend all that time for a rehash that many of us have heard in multiple posts?
I owned a detailing business in Silicon Valley and went toe to toe with Silicon Valley's elite and worst, many of which are in the news, trying to get things for free, or come after me to get a free detail. I can spot motives from miles away. If I didn't, I would not have as successful a business as I had.
Don't even call me a keyboard coward...
ShagVette (02-12-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 02:04 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Geez guys chill out....we are not talking about anything more than a cool video about a possible new corvette.

enjoy the video or dont yet remember some guy put forth the effort to create the video and share it with fellow corvette enthusiasts..

for that fact alone show the man some respect.

disagree? Fine...have a different perspective ? Cool...thats the idea of a video like this...

its gets a lot of people motivated to express their own opinions.

lets not go so far as to be insulting because your opinion differs from the gentleman (a fellow corvette enthusiast) who took the time and effort to create a video...

im grateful for the fine efforts. Do i expect every aspect of the video to be correct? Of course not..yet what it did for me and for many of us...is to ignite our own opinions on the subject.

lets try and be respectful of the creators effort...

disagree, voice your opinion yet lets do that in a manner that we would be doing if in fact we were all face to face.

just my two cents....

continue as you all see fit.
My ONLY point is now and has been...Don't use the word NEW. There is NOTHING new in Tony's video. Nothing. Want to make a video, great. Call it, "Stuff we THINK we know about the C8 to this point" or something like that..
Grzldvt1 (02-13-2019), ShagVette (02-12-2019)

Quick Reply: 7 new rumored C8 points