Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 inventories affecting C8?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 11:16 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

Originally Posted by C2C3C4C6
Are large C7 inventories going slow up the C8 release?
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The current inventory has nothing to do with any delay for the C8, any more than the glut of C6's delayed the C7.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:28 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by C2C3C4C6
I agree, baby boomer Route 66 folks who fell in love with the C1 when they were 12 are dropping like flies.
So true, I was born in '54 and remember watching route 66 as well as the theme song. The innocence of that era is almost incomprehensible when compared to todays world. Everything was soooo simple. My high school friends are dropping like flies.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:11 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
So true, I was born in '54 and remember watching route 66 as well as the theme song. The innocence of that era is almost incomprehensible when compared to todays world. Everything was soooo simple. My high school friends are dropping like flies.
I was born in '42 and in '53 I entered the soap box derby that was sponsored by Chevrolet. When I went to Bale Chevrolet in Little Rock, Arkansas to pick up my wheels and axles(supplied free by Chevrolet), there was a new 1953 Corvette on the showroom floor. That was my first exposure to the Corvette.

As you said, much simpler times. I wish the kids today could enjoy the times that I had as a kid. Of course, getting by all the solders of the 101st airborne so I could go to high school, wasn't so simple. Nor was it when I was a young airman in a Titan II missile complex in '63 when JFK was killed and we were ready to launch all hell on the USSR. It was no drill when we prepared to actually launch our missile.

I grew up fast in those years. I remember well all the buildings downtown that were marked as nuclear fallout shelters and how our elementary school teachers told us what to do if nuclear bombs were exploding around us when I was 8 years old in 1950. I grew up knowing that we could die any day from an attack from Russia. It was a real fear.

I also remember when a young 22 year old Army 2 Lt went to VN in 1967 and two weeks later he came home in a body bag. He was married to my wife's cousin. Kids grew up fast during the war.

I don't drive my '56 anymore, but I do enjoy driving my '64 on a nice warm sunny afternoon. Reliving the simpler past.

Last edited by JoesC5; 02-05-2019 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:25 PM
ZORA69
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

C7 Inventories will not affect the release of the C8. Did the C6 inventories in 2013 affect the release of the C7?
Old 02-10-2019, 01:31 PM
ZORA69
Advanced

You can never go wrong with buying a base model Corvette. Much less investment and all the fun.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:53 PM
ojm
Le Mans Master

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by ZORA69
You can never go wrong with buying a base model Corvette. Much less investment and all the fun.
Originally Posted by ZORA69
C7 Inventories will not affect the release of the C8. Did the C6 inventories in 2013 affect the release of the C7?
On the other side, C7 is getting old hat, seem's logical a new buyer will delay a major purchase for awhile until the dust settles down from GM .

If a base C8 is not priced too much more and is a hit, the C7 will eat it's dust and price will bottom out.....plus a lot a lot were not real fans of the C7 rear design butt a compromise of purchase.

Last edited by ojm; 02-10-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:37 PM
ZORA69
Advanced

Well, the C7 may be getting old hat for those of us on The Corvette Forum. BUT, with the incentives dealers will offer on the remain C7s and the fact that most Dealers will asking a premium for the C8s. There will still be a market for the few remaining C7s. PLEASE keep in mind that not everyone that buys a Corvette is on this forum and not all are paying attention to the news on the C8. Therefore , the impulsive buyers will see value with the incentives and you may have very well answered part of your question that NOT EVERYONE was excited in 2014 about the rear tail lights, Hence Savings and the what some are use to will sell the remaining C7s. Keeping in mind some may not like a Mid Engine Car, That has been addressed over and over. Some will see the opportunity to buy the last Front Engine Corvette. You MAY see fluctuation to the downside in the wholesale market/Trade In Value for a brief time but that will be short lived as it happened in the C6/C7 change. in 2014.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:52 PM
ZORA69
Advanced

Actually Corvette is probably the best value when it comes to depreciation of any car and especially if you stick to the base model. The 40 somethings are already buying Corvettes it is not just the Baby Boomers. The Corvette will keep with tradition and I believe what Bob Lutz has said that the C8 will be around $5,000 more than a comparable C7. Making the car more affordable to the masses. The demand will be extremely high if Bob Lutz is right.. I am a Baby Boomer and have been around Corvettes all my life. This , I believe , will be the most exciting time for GM , The Corvette, and the new C8. The demand will sky rocket in Europe with the newly founded respect that this car will have. Porsche BEWARE I think you have a problem on the Horizon.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:26 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
They weren't "innocent or simpler times" as I remember. Less technologically advanced, is what they were. Just as the C7 Corvette makes the C6 seem backwards, the C8 will do the same. Every previous series becomes the C4. It just takes new technology.

Quick Reply: C7 inventories affecting C8?