Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are the chances of a C8 FE and C8 ME revealing together?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 11:50 AM
RonnieC6Z
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by ltomn
I love Costco too! But I won’t show up in any freaking hairdresser’s car. If I’m not driving a truck, it’ll be a ME Corvette.
A bit prejudice? i have a friend who is a hairdresser in Beverly Hills. Wonderful person with a fine family. He drives a Ferrari. It's not a truck, but I guess it will have to do.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:13 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,152 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by RonnieC6Z
Yes. I am serious about two statements. 1. the Boxster is a wonderful car, and I have owned far more cars than have most folks. 2. Your remarks about people show a great deal of ignorance and prejudice on your part.
My comments still stand as I too have owned enough cars(Corvettes and Ferrari's)to make a logical assessment. The Boxster is a complete compromise and you should know that. I get that you have a thing for that Miata / Audi TT/ Boxster segment but it has zero correlation to the ZORA so keep it out of this thread.
The following users liked this post:
Shaka (02-20-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 12:32 PM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
My comments still stand as I too have owned enough cars(Corvettes and Ferrari's)to make a logical assessment. The Boxster is a complete compromise and you should know that. I get that you have a thing for that Miata / Audi TT/ Boxster segment but it has zero correlation to the ZORA so keep it out of this thread.
Every car without a nameplate bearing "Bugatti" or "Rolls Royce" is an exercise in compromise. The Corvette itself is a massive exercise in compromise, as is every other American performance car which trades off interior and fit and finish in exchange for performance.

And I highly doubt many Boxster owners view their car as competition for the Corvette. If they wanted a Vette, they had the money to buy one. They chose the Porsche instead.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:44 PM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts

I mean heck, I expect many here to write off the C8 as a hairdressers compromise, if it supposedly can't be done properly under $100k when it starts selling under $70k.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:58 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Some of this conversation just boggles my mind. The quality of the base car is going to be the same as the high end car, and there will be trim level choices on each. It'll be just like the current C7. Does anyone really believe that the quality level of a ZR1 is any better than a base car?

It's the same platform built by the same people on the same assembly line, using a majority of the same parts. That what allows GM to mass manufacture it at a lower price than the competition producing similar performing cars.

Last edited by Foosh; 02-08-2019 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:03 PM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Some of this conversation just boggles my mind. The quality of the base car is going to be the same as the high end car, and there will be trim level choices on each. It'll be just like the current C7. Does anyone really believe that the quality level of a ZR1 is any better than a base car?

It's the same platform built by the same people on the same assembly line, using a majority of the same parts.
For some folks having more options, comfort and performance, equals better quality. I'm not one of those. Lol

PC
Old 02-08-2019, 01:43 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,148 Likes on 5,983 Posts

This conversation is stupid. I'm a Corvette guy through and through, but I can appreciate cars in general. I sold Porsches for a couple years and the 987 Boxster/Cayman is a fantastic car. The ones later than that are even better. They don't sound like a Corvette, but the handling and general sportiness is top notch. If I had the choice to spend a weekend on the Dragon in a Corvette ZR1 or a Boxster S I'd take the Boxster honest to God. It's a car you can actually wind out a few years w/o going 120 and you can use the power and put the top down. On a racetrack there's no comparison and a reason why I race Corvettes. I'd own a Boxster as my "fun" car if the local Corvette club wouldn't kick me out
The following 2 users liked this post by RapidC84B:
jefnvk (02-08-2019), jimmyb (02-19-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 01:21 PM
ZORA69
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

So much speculation on this C8. GM Marketing is not as concerned with valuation of previous model years when introducing a new Model. Life goes on Technology moves ahead. At this point what GM Marketing is concerned about is World Acceptance of this phenomenal New Car. Maybe the reason the Bowling Green Plant was updated and enlarged was the speculation that this new car would obtain the acceptance and goals that GM started out to obtain on a Global Scale . Lets see what goes on in Switzerland next month.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:34 PM
Kodiak Bear
Drifting

Received 715 Likes on 427 Posts

Building a FE and a ME from the same architecture has been done by Ford on their GT and GR-1 from about 2005. Whether it could be done on the same production line is another matter.

"The Shelby GR-1 starts with a modified version of the aluminum chassis from the rear-engine Ford GT. The bulk of the rear structure is made from slightly modified Ford GT components, including the massive trellis-like, cast-aluminum suspension nodes, the rear rails and bumper beam, a major cross-member and the brackets used to mount the transmission.

The center portion of the spaceframe also borrows liberally from the Ford GT as major aluminum extrusions are based heavily on existing pieces. At the front of the coupe, the team incorporated extruded main rails, a steering rack cross-member, crash-management sections and the bumper beam from the Ford GT.

"Building a concept car with this level of sophistication is much easier when you start with a world-class supercar like the Ford GT," says Martens. "This commonality and re-use goes hand-in-hand with our speed and cost efficiency, promising the Ford GT's bang-for-the-buck equation if the Shelby GR-1 goes to production."

Overall, the Ford Shelby GR-1 concept is more than two feet shorter than the Ford GT, with a wheelbase nearly seven inches shorter. The track width has been reduced by more than an inch. That the concept car and the GT share any parts at all is a testimony to the flexibility of the space frame design and the creativity of the chassis team".
Old 02-19-2019, 04:28 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Yeah boy...who wants a $65K car with a bunch of 911 parts on it?
People that think the Boxster/Cayman are anything less than GREAT cars need to learn about CARS.

BTW, the Miata is NOT part of the TT/Boxster/Cayman segment. It (Miata) is as far away from the TT/Boxster/Cayman as the Boxster/Cayman are from the ME Corvette. If anything, you could make the case for the Miata AND Corvette being their own individual segments.

Last edited by jimmyb; 02-19-2019 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:52 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Yeah boy...who wants a $65K car with a bunch of 911 parts on it?
People that think the Boxster/Cayman are anything less than GREAT cars need to learn about CARS.

BTW, the Miata is NOT part of the TT/Boxster/Cayman segment. It (Miata) is as far away from the TT/Boxster/Cayman as the Boxster/Cayman are from the ME Corvette. If anything, you could make the case for the Miata AND Corvette being their own individual segments.
Jimmyb,
You, and others can continue to have your love affair with the hairdresser car catagory. I choose to focus on the ZORA being the new upper level Supercar that GM themselves identified as a Supercar at the Las Vegas Dealers Convention last year. There are some on this forum that are continually trying to drag and dumb down this great new ZORA to the Hairdresser sportscar catagory. I can only imagine GM and the Corvette Team shaking their heads in despair in the lowering of expectations of their new Supercar by some of the lower tier Corvette faithful.

Last edited by skank; 02-19-2019 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:43 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

Jimmyb,
You, and others can continue to have your love affair with the hairdresser car catagory. I choose to focus on the ZORA being the new upper level Supercar that GM themselves identified as a Supercar at the Las Vegas Dealers Convention last year. There are some on this forum that are continually trying to drag and dumb down this great new ZORA to the Hairdresser sportscar catagory. I can only imagine GM and the Corvette Team shaking their heads in despair in the lowering of expectations of their new Supercar by some of the lower tier Corvette faithful.
Lol, that puts C7 in the "hairdresser category" too then.

Don't be a snobby schmuck. Good lord.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:31 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

Received 745 Likes on 429 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

Where are the FE mule photos?
Old 02-20-2019, 02:33 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,148 Likes on 5,983 Posts

Originally Posted by jcsperson
Exactly... been saying this all along. Even if there were a massaged FE car with a new motor and new trans offering we'd be seeing the same development process as we've seen with the ME car and the ZR1 before it etc.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:50 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Jimmyb,
Yes, we know. You can't help being delusional and prone to invoking stupid stereotypes.

Last edited by Foosh; 02-20-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:56 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Jimmyb,
Yes, we know. You choose to remain delusional and prone to invoking stupid stereotypes. You are also apparently not able to comprehend the financial risks associated with your delusions.

Last edited by Foosh; 02-20-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:02 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by C7pimp

Since I'm just a plain 'ol snob, does that mean you like me more than snobby schmucky Skank? That sounds pretty bad.

Get notified of new replies

To What are the chances of a C8 FE and C8 ME revealing together?

Old 02-20-2019, 03:30 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Foosh
Yes, we know. You choose to remain delusional and prone to invoking stupid stereotypes. You are also apparently not able to comprehend the financial risks associated with your delusions.
I base my assessments on verifiable information that I've assembled in a logical Post that had input from many knowledgeable people on this forum. You have one phantom association with a person you assume(without verification) has inside information of the C8. You are a legend in your own mind and trying to remain relevant. Sorry, you are just a blowhard.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:32 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C7pimp

Nice try Pimp!
Old 02-20-2019, 03:34 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jcsperson
You do know or understand CFD, Right?

Quick Reply: What are the chances of a C8 FE and C8 ME revealing together?