Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C8 Corvette > C8 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

I think the C8 has been under our nose the whole time

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think the C8 has been under our nose the whole time

Old 02-05-2019, 08:22 AM
citizen

Originally Posted by ShagVette View Post
Notice the front badge

as in goodbye Front...
I haven't seen this pic of the Aria FE, Yet another characteristic of a Corvette. That should bring the total of 5 styling queues of different generations. The evidence is building. Ive seen a lot of people on this C8 section having second thoughts about the C8. That's a common attitude for every model year until the final reveal. I hope this discussion will bring back confidence in the C8 design.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:04 AM
CRABBYJ
CF Senior Member

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by IronV View Post
Great post. Definitely some design elements in common. The biggest difference is that the Aria is low, sleek, and fluid.
Originally Posted by citizen View Post
Looks like the cabin in this image is higher. Wish we could get someone from the forum to Photoshop the front to mimic the road tested C8.
With what both above posters wrote, which I agree, the Ariaís low sleek design gives it much of its exotic look. So I took that Aria pic and reduced it ~9.2% with the result below. Now more in tune with what I expect of the production ME thus similar to the C7ís dimensions. Such as cabin height to ground vs overall length. We big Americans do need to get into the C8 ME.

P.S. The race version ME is much lower thus where the confusion occurs when seeing it on the track.

The Following User Says Thank You to CRABBYJ For This Useful Post:
Zaro Tundov (02-05-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 08:51 AM
1SG_Ret
CF Senior Member

This is what I'd have hoped the C8 looked like. IMO looks as nice as the C7 when it first debuted. Should appeal to the majority of buyers too. Actually, to my eye, this looks better than many of other other ME offerings. Yeah, I could see owning one of these for sure.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:55 PM
tcinla
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

There's not a lot of variation in shape a mid-engine can take. Look at them all.... see any similarities ? So an aria or ferrari or lambo or ... whatever will have a general shape similarity. you can put aero (front and tail) uniqueness but generally, the overall shape is similar.

Last edited by tcinla; 02-07-2019 at 11:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tcinla For This Useful Post:
ByByBMW (02-08-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 10:32 AM
1SG_Ret
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by tcinla View Post
There's not a lot of variation in shape a mid-engine can take. Look at them all.... see any similarities ? So an aria or ferrari or lambo or ... whatever will have a general shape similarity. you can put aero (front and tail) uniqueness but generally, the overall shape is similar.
Very true, all seem to have a very "cab forward" appearance regardless of who is making the car. Some accentuate smooth lines (Cayman) or angular (lambo), or variations of both. This one definitely favors the "angular", (in the same way the C7 did when comparing it to the C5 and C6), but still, at least to my eye, has a nice flow.. Yeah, I could see owning one of these and not have to squint to see it's beauty..
Old 02-12-2019, 02:10 PM
Parcival
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Foosh View Post
I definitely give you points for creativity. I also see the resemblance, but I think it is just coincidental.
i thought the same as you but then there are the intangibles:
1) cofounder is son of former Gm exec. Gm likes to keep it in-house...current gm president is son of former GM president;
2) aria lxe design uses LT4 engine already;
3) forget wishful thinking, the counterarguments from folks Iíve heard here are weak... eg, resembles the mule but sleeker.

Theyíll certainly need to make it more mass production friendly but I donít see why not.
If this isnít already an R&D sub in disguise, a bolt on is easy!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I think the C8 has been under our nose the whole time

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: