Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 rumors - Shifting from Hype to HARM?

 
Old 02-06-2019, 03:15 PM
  #41  
17C7
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2019
Posts: 36
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Roscoe Primrose View Post
Read your own post. You said: "The ONLY way the car is DELAYED is if YOU know the release date...." which is obviously incorrect EVEN ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN FAILED ATTEMPT TO REBUT MY POST! If you can't understand that, go take an English class. I'm sure your local community college offers one. Now, if you'd been smart enough to so say "The ONLY way you can know if the car is DELAYED is if YOU know the release date...." you wouldn't look so foolish...
The release date was going to be the 2019 Detroit show this is quite obvious because a year ago GM announced that plant tours would resume in January of 2019 after the cars showing. That's about a solid of a date that you can get. Since this didn't happen something fairly serious has had to happen to cause the delay

Last edited by 17C7; 02-06-2019 at 03:19 PM.
17C7 is offline  
Old 02-06-2019, 03:22 PM
  #42  
jimmyb
CF Senior Member
 
jimmyb's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 6,697
Thanked 954 Times in 525 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Roscoe Primrose View Post
Read your own post. You said: "The ONLY way the car is DELAYED is if YOU know the release date...." which is obviously incorrect EVEN ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN FAILED ATTEMPT TO REBUT MY POST! If you can't understand that, go take an English class. I'm sure your local community college offers one. Now, if you'd been smart enough to so say "The ONLY way you can know if the car is DELAYED is if YOU know the release date...." you wouldn't look so foolish...

Whatever, hotshot.
You know what my point is and was, why you feel the need to "ready, fire, aim" is beyond me. You might want to take the insults down about 5 notches.
Sorry I didn't write it the way I should have, I skipped English at the community college....:

PS. In the future, read the ENTIRE post (that would be #43) before acting like a DB. My post is VERY clear, and YOU seem to be the ONLY one who didn't grasp it.

Last edited by jimmyb; 02-06-2019 at 07:52 PM.
jimmyb is online now  
Old 02-06-2019, 06:18 PM
  #43  
tonypittman
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
tonypittman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Frisco TX
Posts: 1,619
Thanked 111 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1 View Post
Didn't watch, and not interested, I am in the majority, type it up so I can rapidly scan it.
You have 10 seconds to capture your audience on Youtube, you failed miserably. Plus my next reaction, what is up with the Hollywood sunglasses??? You come off as a narcissist rube with that look or too embarrassed to show your face.
Sorry to be so brutal, but I am suspecting you were looking for major kudos, and IMO this was just the opposite. I am the easiest going guy on the planet, but this just doesn't work for me.
The second I clicked and saw it was 6 minutes I passed/got out. No way in hell am I going to listen to someone babble about a model that does not exist and listen to another "expert" talk about it.
Don't care if you have more "insider" information, 6 minutes is just way too long and the Hollywood look from an amateur just looses any credibility.
Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback.
I had to look up "rube" because I was not familiar with the term.

RUBE
ro͞ob/
noun
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
  1. a country bumpkin.
    "quintessentially rube names"
I don't think I have ever been accused of being a "country bumpkin" before. But again, I appreciate you sharing your opinion. It does matter.

As for those first few seconds of a video - you nailed it. In this era we are in, you have only a few seconds to grab viewer attention.
Also, I think it is informative to know that you first looked at the overall length of the video to determine whether or not you would consider watching.

These are both great factors for me to understand, and I hope to address these items in future videos. Always room to improve!

tonypittman is offline  
Old 02-06-2019, 06:34 PM
  #44  
jimmyb
CF Senior Member
 
jimmyb's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 6,697
Thanked 954 Times in 525 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Roscoe Primrose View Post
Horsesh!t. GM has a time line for the C8 release. If that time line has been pushed back, then there's a delay. Whether of not anyone outside of GM knows the time line is irrelevant....
It's relevant if you are going to post on this forum that "THE CAR IS DELAYED". If you don't KNOW the timeline, you CAN'T say it's delayed.

Now, if you say: "I THINK the car is delayed", that's different.

Originally Posted by 17C7 View Post
The release date was going to be the 2019 Detroit show this is quite obvious because a year ago GM announced that plant tours would resume in January of 2019 after the cars showing. That's about a solid of a date that you can get. Since this didn't happen something fairly serious has had to happen to cause the delay
You are assuming a lot.
Being open for assembly and being open for assembly AND the public are not the same thing.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 02-08-2019 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button in the lower right hand corner (the middle icon) to make your responses to multiple people look like this!
jimmyb is online now  
Old 02-06-2019, 07:51 PM
  #45  
AORoads
CF Senior Member
 
AORoads's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 43,287
Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,098 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"
Default

Originally Posted by tonypittman View Post
Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback.
I had to look up "rube" because I was not familiar with the term.

RUBE
ro͞ob/
noun
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
  1. a country bumpkin.
    "quintessentially rube names"
I don't think I have ever been accused of being a "country bumpkin" before. But again, I appreciate you sharing your opinion. It does matter.

As for those first few seconds of a video - you nailed it. In this era we are in, you have only a few seconds to grab viewer attention.
Also, I think it is informative to know that you first looked at the overall length of the video to determine whether or not you would consider watching.

These are both great factors for me to understand, and I hope to address these items in future videos. Always room to improve!
Quite frankly, tony, I'm not on, or against your side. But what Grzld wrote really should be known by you. WADR It is elementary. Breaking into a biz which is what some say you're trying to do, is not easy. It gets to be a mountain too high when one doesn't understand the preparation needed before starting the climb. Enthusiasm and hard work will only take you so far.

There are a plethora of 15 second ads on tv and it's not based on cost---the best work, the rest are trashed. There's a reason for a mission statement on some resumes; it either captures the mind of the reader or it gets skipped. There's a reason why there is a title on an article. There's an excellent reason for 'executive summaries'.

The matter of "looks" is both personal and professional, but always one has to ask the question: what will the audience think, is this a good look or a fail? A good reason why there are focus groups to test things out on before going Live on camera. jmo, you decide. I think I've watched a part of one of your vids, and that's as far as I got.
AORoads is online now  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AORoads For This Useful Post:
Grzldvt1 (02-08-2019), ShagVette (02-07-2019), tonypittman (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 11:56 AM
  #46  
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Valencia Ca.
Posts: 67,555
Thanked 1,075 Times in 987 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05
Default

I dont think GM is concerned one bit about what the internet thinks they are going to make they know it will sell (and it will!)
cuisinartvette is online now  
Old 02-07-2019, 12:00 PM
  #47  
tonypittman
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
tonypittman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Frisco TX
Posts: 1,619
Thanked 111 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AORoads View Post
Quite frankly, tony, I'm not on, or against your side. But what Grzld wrote really should be known by you. WADR It is elementary. Breaking into a biz which is what some say you're trying to do, is not easy. It gets to be a mountain too high when one doesn't understand the preparation needed before starting the climb. Enthusiasm and hard work will only take you so far.

There are a plethora of 15 second ads on tv and it's not based on cost---the best work, the rest are trashed. There's a reason for a mission statement on some resumes; it either captures the mind of the reader or it gets skipped. There's a reason why there is a title on an article. There's an excellent reason for 'executive summaries'.

The matter of "looks" is both personal and professional, but always one has to ask the question: what will the audience think, is this a good look or a fail? A good reason why there are focus groups to test things out on before going Live on camera. jmo, you decide. I think I've watched a part of one of your vids, and that's as far as I got.
Thank you, as well. Points make sense.

The challenges are, indeed known...and undeniable. The feedback is good..really. It's not until you get knocked around that you really know what works with an audience vs what doesn't.

Now...one can debate how brutal and disrespectful to be when providing such feedback. But, if you look through that, there is valuable feedback, nonetheless.

If you watched any, please let me know what didn't work....that's the only way to fix!
tonypittman is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 06:31 AM
  #48  
Grzldvt1
CF Senior Member
 
Grzldvt1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 1999
Location: Laguna Hills, CA
Posts: 4,141
Thanked 216 Times in 135 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 17C7 View Post
The release date was going to be the 2019 Detroit show this is quite obvious because a year ago GM announced that plant tours would resume in January of 2019 after the cars showing. That's about a solid of a date that you can get. Since this didn't happen something fairly serious has had to happen to cause the delay
Link to the memo where GM states the plant will be open after the car is shown in January 2019. Key line when the car will be shown in January 2019. not that the plant will be open. We need to see those exact words you stated from a GM memo.
Grzldvt1 is online now  
Old 02-11-2019, 03:31 PM
  #49  
Skid Row Joe
CF Senior Member
 
Skid Row Joe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas - Make America Great Again!
Posts: 13,875
Thanked 999 Times in 793 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jefnvk View Post
Hate to break it to you, other car enthusiast groups are just as invested in the development and industry news on their vehicles. The Mustang guys just went through their own anxiety sitting around following all the rumors with the GT500 for example.

If the rumors truly affects you that much, probably best to step away from the forums for a bit.
Great advise.
Skid Row Joe is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 04:33 PM
  #50  
Philr56
CF Senior Member
 
Philr56's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2010
Location: Kathleen Georgia
Posts: 527
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Tony, I couldn't agree more. There are too many "keyboard cowards" who don't care about civility and blast away. At least with a video, you can't hide behind a persona. Keep posting.
Philr56 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Philr56 For This Useful Post:
ByByBMW (02-11-2019)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C8 rumors - Shifting from Hype to HARM?


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: