Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another C8 Reveal Prediction, RE: Corvette Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 02:37 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Ok sounds good. When they release the official photos and specs of the corvette c8 that will be great.

unfortunately the print magazines are having a tough time in this age of instant interweb information.

they still try and thats ok too.

i want a c8 myself...i envision a nice torch red exterior, black interior, the dct nstead of my usual manual transmission and Im hopeful for a z51 heavy duty cooling and suspension package,...maybe that FALS front end lift to negotiate speed bumps recently installed locally so I dont have to hear the plastic spoiler underneath scraping...maybe seat heaters as I am finding thats a really nice feature in my wifes new alfa stelvio ti sport.

when the c8 s coming is anybodies guess...

id say in the mext few months we will see and hear about all the amazing specs....and we should be able to put one in the garage if we dont already have an order spot...within the year...

males the most sense.

thanks for posting up about corvette fever...

i smile just re,e,bering all the hears I used to have subscriptions to that and many other car magazines...

a whole different era
Old 02-16-2019, 02:55 PM
ojm
Le Mans Master

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts

It has been leaked out by insiders like the reliable people at cfot that the C8 was captured recently and being tested at area 51 Nevada deep bunker as we speak. The Ford people working in area 51 have taken the crashed C8 with only one survivor a hack golfer or tennis player and reverse engineering the craft.

Their first finding was it has no known practical use on planet Earth,same as the Edsel craft hidden in area 51 next to the C4.
NBC Nevada Bunker News

Last edited by ojm; 02-16-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:30 AM
Riderover50
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I will cry if GM issues a limited build! Does anyone have the scoop on production numbers planned?
Old 02-17-2019, 02:43 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Admittingly, I've lost any sense of excitement for the C8. I am now at the point of "WGAF."

I get more excited seeing that Chazcron uploaded a new tweaked render. And that is of no credit to GM at all. None.

So, I wish GM would announce something and stop dragging this **** out. I am starting to believe in what one poster said a few C8 threads ago that maybe it's a BS delay in hopes of selling off more C7s.

Electrical issue? Could be. But making more money off leftover C7s while they make up some BS excuse for a delay makes more sense.

Last edited by WICKEDFRC; 02-17-2019 at 02:45 AM.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:00 AM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
Admittingly, I've lost any sense of excitement for the C8. I am now at the point of "WGAF."

I get more excited seeing that Chazcron uploaded a new tweaked render. And that is of no credit to GM at all. None.

So, I wish GM would announce something and stop dragging this **** out. I am starting to believe in what one poster said a few C8 threads ago that maybe it's a BS delay in hopes of selling off more C7s.

Electrical issue? Could be. But making more money off leftover C7s while they make up some BS excuse for a delay makes more sense.
I agree with you about this whole reveal thing getting old. However, I'm not buying into any delay due to slow C7 sales. I'm not aware that GM has shut down BG so that means C7s are still getting churned out. If/When the C8 is ready, GM will rush it into production because it will sell like crazy with no discounts making GM $$$. As for the C7s that are on sales lots, they will sell off because not everyone will want a mid-engine car. Some will still want the classic FE design. No, I actually believe the launch of the C8 will cause dealers to sell off all their C7 inventory. But, this is all just speculation.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:35 PM
Dethsupp0rt
Racer

Received 258 Likes on 107 Posts

It will happen when it happens, and not a moment before. That's the only prediction you can put money on.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:43 PM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,683 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Originally Posted by tcinla
At least that sounds better than these yahoo's : https://www.muzichevyma.com/new-2019...lease-date.htm

Too lazy to even clean up their mess.
i almost purchased a Corvette from them several years back! Almost.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:57 PM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by FWC
GM could get a little creative and have one hell of a tease if they wanted. Take a high profile event like the Super Bowl or better yet Daytona 500 and do a Chevy truck commercial where as the truck is driving through a neighborhood with an ever so quick glimpse of the C8 parked on a side street, nothing too revealing just enough to cause a stir. Or as they get closer to the reveal date, something like the newest Ford commercial, Eastbound and Down. Take a bunch of Chevy trucks put them on a highway surrounding the new C8 as they are driving down an interstate and show just a few shots from from different angles, that would make many people crazy I would think.
How about a seeing the heavy duty pulling a trailer on dessert highway. Then it shows a small car the sideview mirror flash it's lights and speed by. We can barely make it out through the dust cloud. Commercial finishes with "Chevy for the long haul...or just hauling @ss"
Old 02-17-2019, 02:03 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

BGA is still working 5/8’s, at a daily production rate of 93 units/day/
The following 4 users liked this post by elegant:
John T (02-18-2019), REZ1 (02-18-2019), roadbike56 (02-17-2019), Shaka (02-17-2019)
Old 02-17-2019, 02:36 PM
ojm
Le Mans Master

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by roadbike56
I agree with you about this whole reveal thing getting old. However, I'm not buying into any delay due to slow C7 sales. I'm not aware that GM has shut down BG so that means C7s are still getting churned out. If/When the C8 is ready, GM will rush it into production because it will sell like crazy with no discounts making GM $$$. As for the C7s that are on sales lots, they will sell off because not everyone will want a mid-engine car. Some will still want the classic FE design. No, I actually believe the launch of the C8 will cause dealers to sell off all their C7 inventory. But, this is all just speculation.
Possible, but the C7 design has been the same since 2014 likely buyers want a real change that will slow the C7 sales, my 2 cents.

Not to mention, not all buyers liked the rear design, it was a compromise.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:13 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by Riderover50
I will cry if GM issues a limited build! Does anyone have the scoop on production numbers planned?
Plenty. Everything the factory is capable of making. That however does not mean there won’t be a special edition with limited production numbers, a la the 2014 Premiere edition.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:50 AM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Riderover50
The ME is planned on being MASS produced...
Old 02-18-2019, 08:44 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyvetteguy007
The ME is planned on being MASS produced...
GM can build more ME Corvettes than the public would ever buy. There well be thousands of C8s looking for a home as was the case with the C7s, C6s, ....... "limited production", indeed, limited to how many they can sell. Who do you know that ever wanted a Corvette and couldn't buy one because there were not enough to go around?
Old 02-18-2019, 09:07 AM
kozmic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 609 Likes on 273 Posts

Oh look... another reveal prediction thread... that repeats exactly everything that was already stated and argued about in the previous fourteen similar threads before it...

....and for those who don’t know... most of these smaller publications (and even some of the larger ones) get their “predictions” from reading this very forum... so, that info is usually very cyclical.

Last edited by kozmic; 02-18-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:51 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by kozmic
Oh look... another reveal prediction thread... that repeats exactly everything that was already stated and argued about in the previous fourteen similar threads before it...

....and for those who don’t know... most of these smaller publications (and even some of the larger ones) get their “predictions” from reading this very forum... so, that info is usually very cyclical.
Keep in mind that the reveal is of particular interest and will be until it occurs. Some of the threads may seem redundant but understand that every Corvette Forum member does not memorize every thread on the board. Read another discussion if the reveal subject is that irritating to you at this point.
The following users liked this post:
roadbike56 (02-18-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 10:32 AM
kozmic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by punky
Keep in mind that the reveal is of particular interest and will be until it occurs. Some of the threads may seem redundant but understand that every Corvette Forum member does not memorize every thread on the board. Read another discussion if the reveal subject is that irritating to you at this point.
Not sure if duplicate threads violate any forum rules or guidelines, but they sure are annoying, esp. when a click-baity title presumes that the new thread on a similar-post topic will provide new information. If the "reveal is of particular interest and will be until it occurs", then I would suggest those "particular[ly] interest[ed]" people should do a simple forum search for existing threads first...

eta: (you seem to have been around long enough to understand this concept?)

Last edited by kozmic; 02-18-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:54 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Not sure if duplicate threads violate any forum rules or guidelines, but they sure are annoying, esp. when a click-baity title presumes that the new thread on a similar-post topic will provide new information. If the "reveal is of particular interest and will be until it occurs", then I would suggest those "particular[ly] interest[ed]" people should do a simple forum search for existing threads first...

eta: (you seem to have been around long enough to understand this concept?)
Lighten up Dude, no way a thread here that is similar to another should cause any rational person this much distress. The moderators here on this forum do a fine job and likely do not need your help.

Get notified of new replies

To Another C8 Reveal Prediction, RE: Corvette Magazine

Old 02-18-2019, 01:24 PM
Wontspeak
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts
2017 C5 of Year Finalist

Would like to see an event similar to what Apple does for their new product launches.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:25 PM
kozmic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by punky
Lighten up Dude, no way a thread here that is similar to another should cause any rational person this much distress. The moderators here on this forum do a fine job and likely do not need your help.
lol... "lighten up Dude" ? No stress here...

You're hilarious...
Old 02-18-2019, 05:38 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

lol... "lighten up Dude" ? No stress here...

You're hilarious...
Thank You, Glad you took it that way.

Quick Reply: Another C8 Reveal Prediction, RE: Corvette Magazine