Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 golf bag luggage space?

Old 02-18-2019, 05:25 PM
Randy Miller
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Not being able to hold 2 golf bags specifically wouldn't be a deal breaker, but not having the cargo space for things similar in size to golf bags might be. I have a sports car that has less cargo space than my Corvette and having to use the passenger seat to carry things is not ideal. I like the Corvette because it is a sports car that is also fairly practical. If they remove the practicality I think there would be several other options that would pick away at Corvette sales.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:34 PM
Freeze
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
If golf is a consideration for buying or not buy the C8, you're considering this car for the WRONG DAMN REASON.

Who cares if a C8 will carry golf clubs or not????
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and a not insignificant number of current and previous Corvette owners would, and do, disagree with you. Merely because you happen to be an admin does not mean your opinion is an edict. Might want to soften it up a bit.
The following 3 users liked this post by Freeze:
Philr56 (02-20-2019), SUNLINE (02-19-2019), white90conv (03-13-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 05:44 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Freeze
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and a not insignificant number of current and previous Corvette owners would, and do, disagree with you. Merely because you happen to be an admin does not mean your opinion is an edict. Might want to soften it up a bit.
He is absolutely correct. You don't buy a high performance sports car based on its cargo capacity. The thought of that is laughable.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:55 PM
Freeze
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
He is absolutely correct. You don't buy a high performance sports car based on its cargo capacity. The thought of that is laughable.
Based simply on the replies to this thread, he is not entirely, and certainly not "absolutely" correct: part of the popularity of the Corvette has been its utility, as well as, it's "bang for the buck" performance. One the things I really enjoyed about my Vettes was the ability to throw my bike, or my golf clubs, or a 7.5" surfboard in it, take it where I need to go, and not have to treat it like a one trick pony.

It has been, and hopefully will remain, a useful car, as well as, trackable one. Pretty sure a good number of owners don't find that concept "laughable."

JMHO, YMMV, etc.
The following 3 users liked this post by Freeze:
scmgoblue (02-22-2019), SUNLINE (02-19-2019), Twin6s (07-06-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 06:15 PM
TXshaggy
Drifting

Received 1,093 Likes on 608 Posts

I’m in the group that is tired about hearing the two golf bag hand wringing. I play golf and in the past 15 years of owning a C5Z and C7Z I’ve never considered taking them to the course. Only been a handful of time have I seen a vette on course.

With that being said, I understand folks who have only one car and have to consider life limiting choices.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:47 PM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts

But you do buy it based on an upgraded stereo system, at least three levels of interior trim options, a comfort suspension setting, dual climate controls, anything but a fixed roof, valet modes, massive touch screens..........

Not to mention I do recall in another thread someone arguing me that seat bolsters weren't even really necessary.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:52 PM
TheSenator
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm in the group of hoping it has minimal cargo room.
Hopefully this space was put to better performance use, or left out completely (smaller car/sleeker design).
Maybe the stigma of every Corvette owner being a middle-life crisis golf playing retiree in jean shorts and new balance shoes will finally dissipate.

Everyone: "But that's who buys Corvettes!!!"
Me: "Not for too much longer..."
Old 02-18-2019, 07:28 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by TheSenator
Hopefully this space was put to better performance use, or left out completely (smaller car/sleeker design).
Maybe the stigma of every Corvette owner being a middle-life crisis golf playing retiree in jean shorts and new balance shoes will finally dissipate.

OMG, that is too funny. Jean shorts aka "Jorts" are totally unacceptable on anyone, any age, anywhere. I cringe when I see cheap old men at car cruises wearing those, YUK.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:29 PM
Boiler_81
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

I play golf and retired early. I also wear New Balance shoes but only because I can't find anything else which works for my size 13 4E width feet. If anyone has suggestions for stylish replacements, I'm more than willing to change. I do not wear jean shorts. I am under the age of 60, so I do have that going for me.

I really don't care about the ability to carry my clubs in a Corvette. If they fit in a C8 fine, if they don't I will take a different car.

The following users liked this post:
TheSenator (02-18-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 09:01 PM
TheSenator
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Boiler_81
I play golf and retired early. I also wear New Balance shoes but only because I can't find anything else which works for my size 13 4E width feet. If anyone has suggestions for stylish replacements, I'm more than willing to change. I do not wear jean shorts. I am under the age of 60, so I do have that going for me.

I really don't care about the ability to carry my clubs in a Corvette. If they fit in a C8 fine, if they don't I will take a different car.
You're good chief. Gotta have all 4 to claim the stereotype I'm pretty sure.
The King of the Vettes has a crossed flags jacket, matching tumbler, and Ray Ban aviators though.
Guys gotta up their game if they want the crown...
Old 02-18-2019, 09:28 PM
Random_Sample
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

Those are my sentiments as well. However, it wouldn't be a deal breaker either way.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:49 PM
HMDS
Racer

Received 143 Likes on 71 Posts

Carrying golf clubs in a vette is just stupid-but those c8 engineers better make room for hauling my creatures...
The following 3 users liked this post by HMDS:
IronV (02-18-2019), Red67John (02-18-2019), Zaro Tundov (02-19-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 08:44 AM
Ernest
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice looking dog. I dont golf. Maybe a weekend bag for 2.
ArmchairArchitect (02-19-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 10:00 AM
rgregory
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

I could care less I can fit tons of stuff in my Tahoe, never carry more than a couple bags of groceries in my current Vette.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:32 AM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Received 1,039 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by HMDS
Carrying golf clubs in a vette is just stupid-but those c8 engineers better make room for hauling my creatures...

Sadly, I do not see how GM could make room for our best friends in a ME two seater with a V8.

Now if they'd had the sense to develop a flat six then we'd be all set:

Old 02-19-2019, 10:43 AM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,916 Likes on 1,616 Posts

As long as it fits two carry-on suitcases or duffle bags and a little bit extra room, I'm happy.

Golf is a dying sport played mostly by old geezers, and shouldn't be a basis for creating storage space. Especially since it could affect the performance of the car (eg. having more weight behind the rear axle, car larger/heavier than it needs to be, etc.).

Last edited by ArmchairArchitect; 02-19-2019 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:29 PM
LimeRay
Pro

Received 353 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
If golf is a consideration for buying or not buy the C8, you're considering this car for the WRONG DAMN REASON.

Who cares if a C8 will carry golf clubs or not????
I am not in the market for a C8 but it would be a deal breaker for me. I love to golf, what good is a "fun" car if I can't drive it while I'm wanting to do "fun" things? My C7 Coupe holds 2 bags and a pull cart, my bag is even a large "staff" bag. I will never buy a sports car that I can't use to take my buddy and I golfing in.

Get notified of new replies

To 2 golf bag luggage space?

Old 02-19-2019, 12:51 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,751 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

I don't see another mid engine car worrying if owners can put golf clubs in them.....most mid engine cars will not have room for them.

Maybe drive your other car to the course!
Old 02-19-2019, 12:58 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

How many golf bags does a Gayman or 911 hold?
Old 02-19-2019, 01:07 PM
flyingbunnys
Le Mans Master

Received 128 Likes on 99 Posts

How many golf bags does a Gayman or 911 hold?
The Cayman holds two golf bags behold :

Last edited by flyingbunnys; 02-19-2019 at 01:09 PM.
JerryU (02-19-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2 golf bag luggage space?