C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"MID ENGINE" Corvette Easter Egg...

 
Old 02-19-2019, 09:31 AM
  #21  
Dominic Sorresso
CF Senior Member
 
Dominic Sorresso's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Bartlett IL
Posts: 5,115
Thanked 128 Times in 100 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Darion View Post
Saw this the other day



At Disney

PC
They should have used that for the dearly departed SS.
Dominic Sorresso is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 09:48 AM
  #22  
Foosh
CF Senior Member
 
Foosh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 15,936
Thanked 6,638 Times in 3,820 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Michael A View Post
They need to head up to LA up the 405 to test ouf the suspension on the bounciest freeway in the nation CA, just before the 10 freeway.
Fixed it for you.

I visit LA frequently because my daughter lives there and drive I-405 (refuse to use "the" as part of the highway name). It isn't great, but compared to countless highways east of the Mississippi, it's in great shape. If they want to drive some of the worst freeways in the world, they could just stay home in Michigan.

Last edited by Foosh; 02-19-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Foosh is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Foosh For This Useful Post:
jimmyb (02-19-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 10:07 AM
  #23  
ShagVette
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 1999
Location: South East
Posts: 2,343
Thanked 153 Times in 92 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
I love the sign in the background. NEVER STOP CREATING
These "leaks" are so staged, a previous one had a huge US flag in the background, and now this.
ShagVette is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to ShagVette For This Useful Post:
Zaro Tundov (02-19-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 10:46 AM
  #24  
Atari_Prime
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 658
Thanked 179 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Darion View Post
Saw this the other day



At Disney

PC
While this has nothing to do with Corvette, that thing is pretty. I'll take three.
Atari_Prime is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 11:27 AM
  #25  
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member
 
Tool Hoarder's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2013
Location: Virginia Beach Virginia
Posts: 4,789
Thanked 783 Times in 498 Posts
Default

Nothing new it seems.
Tool Hoarder is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 11:47 AM
  #26  
Darion
CF Senior Member
 
Darion's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: Youngstown Ohio
Posts: 4,599
Thanked 149 Times in 105 Posts
Default


Originally Posted by Atari_Prime View Post
While this has nothing to do with Corvette, that thing is pretty. I'll take three.
Another shot. I know it's not Corvette news but I was going delirious with crowds and lines! Lol

Last edited by Darion; 02-19-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Darion is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 12:07 PM
  #27  
kozmic
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
kozmic's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 701
Thanked 85 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Darion View Post
Saw this the other day

At Disney

PC
Originally Posted by Atari_Prime View Post
While this has nothing to do with Corvette, that thing is pretty. I'll take three.
Originally Posted by Darion View Post



Another shot. I know it's not Corvette news but I was going delirious with crowds and lines! Lol
You can take my allocation... def not my cup of tea...
kozmic is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 01:01 PM
  #28  
RonnieC6Z
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,007
Thanked 208 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Foosh View Post
Fixed it for you.

I visit LA frequently because my daughter lives there and drive I-405 (refuse to use "the" as part of the highway name). It isn't great, but compared to countless highways east of the Mississippi, it's in great shape. If they want to drive some of the worst freeways in the world, they could just stay home in Michigan.
You know that there is a reason that people who live in greater L.A. put the word "the" in front of the numbers of every L.A. freeway name, and if it is an interstate, never use the letter "I". The reason is that in the not to distant past people only called freeways by their name, for every freeway had (and still has) a name. Furthermore, every freeway name began with "the". For example, The San Diego Freeway The Hollywood Freeway, The Santa Monica Freeway, The Ventura Freeway, etc. So about 20-25 years ago, when names were being dropped for numbers, the word "the" remained. So now it's The 405, The 134, The 10, The 101, etc. I think that this is very unique to Greater L.A.
I have lived in L.A. for most of my life but have visited all 50 states and all major cities, and have never heard freeways referred to anywhere as they are here. Also, we have freeways....not highways!
RonnieC6Z is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RonnieC6Z For This Useful Post:
CorvettoBrando (02-19-2019), NORTY (02-27-2019), Shaka (02-19-2019), Tool Hoarder (02-19-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 02:16 PM
  #29  
pietro c7
CF Senior Member
 
pietro c7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2013
Location: montreal quebec
Posts: 991
Thanks: 0
Thanked 232 Times in 142 Posts
Default

I really like what I see...
I don’t see a high belt line ,nor a stubby car.
pietro c7 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to pietro c7 For This Useful Post:
IronV (02-20-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 02:21 PM
  #30  
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member
 
Tool Hoarder's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2013
Location: Virginia Beach Virginia
Posts: 4,789
Thanked 783 Times in 498 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pietro c7 View Post
I really like what I see...
I don’t see a high belt line ,nor a stubby car.
Agree... these shots make it look relatively sleek. However, we have plenty of photos showing it next to a C7 and it seemingly has similar heights and the C7 has a high belt for a Corvette. The ring photos have the car looking tallish in certain angles so I don't know if it's the camera used in these shots or if the blur wrap camo is doing it's job.
Tool Hoarder is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Tool Hoarder For This Useful Post:
IronV (02-20-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 03:26 PM
  #31  
Shaka
CF Senior Member
 
Shaka's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: FLL Florida
Posts: 2,580
Thanked 391 Times in 251 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pietro c7 View Post
I really like what I see...
I don’t see a high belt line ,nor a stubby car.
We agree.
Shaka is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Shaka For This Useful Post:
IronV (02-20-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 04:13 PM
  #32  
84 4+3
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2017
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,542
Thanked 185 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RonnieC6Z View Post
You know that there is a reason that people who live in greater L.A. put the word "the" in front of the numbers of every L.A. freeway name, and if it is an interstate, never use the letter "I". The reason is that in the not to distant past people only called freeways by their name, for every freeway had (and still has) a name. Furthermore, every freeway name began with "the". For example, The San Diego Freeway The Hollywood Freeway, The Santa Monica Freeway, The Ventura Freeway, etc. So about 20-25 years ago, when names were being dropped for numbers, the word "the" remained. So now it's The 405, The 134, The 10, The 101, etc. I think that this is very unique to Greater L.A.
I have lived in L.A. for most of my life but have visited all 50 states and all major cities, and have never heard freeways referred to anywhere as they are here. Also, we have freeways....not highways!
New York, at least long island, referred (not so much anymore) to the highways, parkways etc... by name. The belt, LIE, southern state etc. Jersey just needs to start calling them tolled parking lots and then all is well lol.

So I get adding the to it. Here it's the park way, the turnpike or the various numbered highways.
84 4+3 is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 08:30 PM
  #33  
dsevo
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2007
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 527
Thanks: 0
Thanked 41 Times in 21 Posts
Default

My mom just texted me that she saw a group of covered corvettes driving northbound through Temecula on I-15.
dsevo is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 09:26 PM
  #34  
Jorge_C6_C4
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Location: Trollhättan, Sweden; Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
Doubt it. Testing in Yuma right now is fairly pointless as the weather is fairly "normal". Second, most of the time they'll truck the vehicles straight there. . .
You are missing the point completely. The reason GM is testing in Arizona and California is because the weather is normal. It is winter in Michigan. Every US manufacturer tests in the SW in the winter.
Jorge_C6_C4 is offline  
Old 02-20-2019, 11:48 AM
  #35  
RandomTask
CF Senior Member
 
RandomTask's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2008
Location: Alexandria VA
Posts: 10,926
Thanked 99 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jorge_C6_C4 View Post
You are missing the point completely. The reason GM is testing in Arizona and California is because the weather is normal. It is winter in Michigan. Every US manufacturer tests in the SW in the winter.
Uhh, he specifically said they were going to test YPG, not "the SW".
RandomTask is online now  
Old 02-20-2019, 12:24 PM
  #36  
CorvettoBrando
CF Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Posts: 83
Thanked 51 Times in 28 Posts
Default Dang it! Missed them!

Originally Posted by dsevo View Post
My mom just texted me that she saw a group of covered corvettes driving northbound through Temecula on I-15.
I was in the area, but off the 15 at that time! Sooooooo close, it hurts. Hurts terribly. On a side note, those C8 Corvettes would be moving VERY SLOWLY on The 15 at that time (5-15 mph for several miles). Hoping others got some great pictures of them.
CorvettoBrando is offline  
Old 02-20-2019, 12:30 PM
  #37  
GrampZ
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2006
Posts: 431
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RonnieC6Z View Post
You know that there is a reason that people who live in greater L.A. put the word "the" in front of the numbers of every L.A. freeway name, and if it is an interstate, never use the letter "I". ...
They we’re doing that in 1986 when I took a job in El Segundo. Always wondered why. Thanks.
GrampZ is offline  
Old 02-20-2019, 12:37 PM
  #38  
JasonAndrew
CF Senior Member
 
JasonAndrew's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: LITH, IL
Posts: 724
Thanked 37 Times in 29 Posts
Default

I wonder how many are waiting to put black wheels on one of these.
Originally Posted by fasttoys View Post
Brake rotors drilled or slotted? Lower rear looks nice. I like how it slops up
JasonAndrew is offline  
Old 02-20-2019, 12:39 PM
  #39  
IronV
CF Senior Member
 
IronV's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: San Francisco Bay Area CALIFORNIA
Posts: 581
Thanked 247 Times in 162 Posts
Default High Beltline Stubby profile

Originally Posted by pietro c7 View Post
I really like what I see...
I don’t see a high belt line ,nor a stubby car.
I agree. Not in those pics. And GOOD LORD iit makes the car look SO MUCH BETTER
IronV is offline  
Old 02-20-2019, 01:51 PM
  #40  
DanSavage
CF Senior Member
 
DanSavage's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2013
Location: Trabuco Canyon CA
Posts: 1,517
Thanked 66 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Darion View Post



Another shot. I know it's not Corvette news but I was going delirious with crowds and lines! Lol
It looks like a potato to me.
DanSavage is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "MID ENGINE" Corvette Easter Egg...


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: