Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette C8 vs. Tesla Roadster?!

Old 03-01-2019, 05:39 PM
tcweidner
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

In 1979, the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) implemented the Convention on Long-Range Transboundary Pollution. In 1985 most UNECE members adopted the Protocol on the Reduction of Sulphur Emissions, agreeing to reduce sulphur dioxide emissions by 30% (from 1980 levels) by 1993. This was called the 30% club. All of the countries that signed the Protocol achieved this reduction, and many of those that did not sign, have met these reductions.

and with this I am done, my god this stopped be funny and just went directly to sad. .......
Old 03-01-2019, 05:39 PM
vndkshn
Melting Slicks

Received 1,776 Likes on 863 Posts

Originally Posted by tcweidner
shockingly once again you bask in your ignorance. There is no Gore internet joke, the man helped pushed through important legislation that gave us the freakin internet. what part of that don't you get? Take a minute a read High Performance Computing and Communication Act of 1991. Christ its amazing how ignorant people just want to show their ignorance, as if its something to be proud up.
Yeah, I've only worked in the Internet space since... oh.. before it was the internet... so how the hell would I know the true founding of the internet? And yes, if you crawl out of the rock, there were several jokes about how Al Gore was misquoted about creating the internet.

The following users liked this post:
Rodbuster56 (03-01-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 05:42 PM
tcweidner
Racer

yeah stupid jokes based on something the man never said. a man who actually did push through the legislation that set up the internet in the form we enjoy today.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:43 PM
vndkshn
Melting Slicks

and with this I am done
Can't defend your statements without ad hominem, probably a good idea.

Rodbuster56 (03-01-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 05:45 PM
vndkshn
Melting Slicks

yeah stupid jokes based on something the man never said. a man who actually did push through the legislation that set up the internet in the form we enjoy today.
Did you actually watch the video? He actually said it. He really wasn't "misquoted", he misspoke.

"I took the initiative in creating the internet". He ACTUALLY said those words, the video proves it. Now, he didn't MEAN it that way, he MEANT he led the initiative to pass the legislation that you referenced.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:47 PM
tcweidner
Racer

ad hominem
wow, is that your fox and friends word of the day?
Old 03-01-2019, 05:50 PM
tcweidner
Racer

"I took the initiative in creating the internet
in its current form, which he basically did via passing legislation. Just because idiots dont understand context, doesn't mean he was saying he invented it.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:53 PM
StingBeeZ06
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingbunnys
We should probably stay away from the political topic of Climate Change. There is a reason that it is so hotly debated is because scientist are still debating and there is still research being done.

According to American Meteorological Society:
97‰ of scientist believe climate change is real.
52% of scientist believe it is due to human activity.
​​​​​
Additionally there is still also debate on if warming would be positive or negative.

It's a complicated issue, so we should acknowledge the difficulty and be respectful towards each other.
It becomes even more complicated when people simply repeat what they are told by politicians, for example your 97% and 50% statement. These percentages were derived from John Cook the owner of SkepticalScience.com, a "pro-warming" website. John Cook is an assistant professor, not a climate scientist and not a Ph.D. Yet his research "results" were touted by politicians as definitive proof of consensus?

He cites that 97% of all climate scientists "agree", but when you review his actual findings only a handful of scientists "agree". Cook created categories, then placed the scientists papers in those categories, according to HIS OWN criteria. When he saw the findings were trending one way, he created another category and manipulated the findings to fit his narrative. This is not science, it is cherry picking and it is working toward a foregone conclusion.

In fact, only 1.6% of the scientists agreed that man made greenhouse gasses caused 50 of global warming. Additionally Cook was called out by the very scientists papers he was using to push his 97% statement. The manipulation was so blatant, that climate scientist Dr. Richard Tol said: "The Cook survey included only 10 of my 122 eligible papers. 5/10 were rated incorrectly. 4/5 were rated as "endorse" rather than "neutral".

It is clear that the majority of people on the "pro-warming" side, stand accused of manipulation, lying, misrepresenting and outright intimidation in order to further their agenda. Again, this is NOT science.

Last edited by StingBeeZ06; 03-01-2019 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:58 PM
tcweidner
Racer

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
Old 03-01-2019, 06:06 PM
StingBeeZ06
Instructor

Here is the $64 question:
Why are all the people who "believe" in climate change still driving ICE powered vehicles? Only 3% of vehicles sold are EV, while over 35% of people in the USA believe in CC.
Why are they still heating their homes with propane or natural gas?
Why are they still living in their homes, with a HUGE "carbon footprint"?
Why are they still using electricity generated by burning fossil fuels? 70-75% of all electricity in the USA is generated by burning fossil fuels.
Why don't the people who so desperately believe in climate change, be the first to stop using all fossil fuels and derivatives of fossil fuels?
Why don't they have the intellectual honesty to LEAD by example?
Old 03-01-2019, 06:17 PM
tcweidner
Racer

ev cars still get the energy via dirty energy powerplants so there is no point. I dont know about others but my carbon foot print is incredibly small. Renovated an old 19th century victorian, I have planted trees, we put a only 2k miles a year on our cars, and on and on...and the biggest thing we did to help this planet... we didnt have kids. ( insert joke here) So Im not a giant crusader but I tend to try to not do any harm when possible, but hell Im no fanatic. I'm on a vette forum for god sakes LOL.... Im looking to super charge another one this fall.. so yeah climate change is real, but I still gonna have fun

Last edited by tcweidner; 03-01-2019 at 06:20 PM.
msm859 (03-03-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 07:40 PM
StingBeeZ06
Instructor

ev cars still get the energy via dirty energy powerplants so there is no point. I dont know about others but my carbon foot print is incredibly small. Renovated an old 19th century victorian, I have planted trees, we put a only 2k miles a year on our cars, and on and on...and the biggest thing we did to help this planet... we didnt have kids. ( insert joke here) So Im not a giant crusader but I tend to try to not do any harm when possible, but hell Im no fanatic. I'm on a vette forum for god sakes LOL.... Im looking to super charge another one this fall.. so yeah climate change is real, but I still gonna have fun
I don't give a pass to the "warmer" zealots, and certainly not when they resort to insults and attacks in order to make themselves feel important. I will live my life however I see fit, never bending to some precontrived political agenda handed down from people like Al Gore, who do not practice what they preach. I will leave that delusional existence to the lemmings. My C7Z06, Hummer H2, Suburban 2500 and ZX14R smile down upon you.

Last edited by StingBeeZ06; 03-01-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:43 PM
ElisTwoCents
Le Mans Master

Received 420 Likes on 234 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06,'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

what meat of the argument? there is just one wrong assumption after another. My god turn off fox and Limbaugh and go learn some real facts.
***SNOWFLAKE ALERT***

My guess you don't venture much into PR&C or OT, you don't seem to blend in too well among us, I bet that Tesla is sounding sweet ain't it?! Crank that NPR station, without the annoying droning sound of a V8 to ruin it.
The following 2 users liked this post by ElisTwoCents:
Rodbuster56 (03-01-2019), StingBeeZ06 (03-04-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 08:08 PM
tcweidner
Racer

just change the oil and fill the washer fluid goober, no need to hear chit chat from you

Last edited by tcweidner; 03-01-2019 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:19 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Well thank goodness we have the "Green New Deal" on deck. Lets get rid of all these crazy cars, end all the airline travel, and now I hear we not supposed to have any more kids. Solar powered rail travel to Europe will be the bomb! What a wonderful world it will be indeed.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:21 PM
Road Runner
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 171 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Contributor '03 & '04

For Elon Musk, "The End Of The Road"

by Tyler DurdenFri, 03/01/2019 - 17:08
SHARES
TwitterFacebookRedditEmailPrintSubmitted by Kuppy from Adventures in Capitalism

All Ponzi schemes follow a basic rule; as long as more money is coming in than out, the scheme can continue to inflate. When money stops flowing in, the scheme collapses—often quite rapidly. I believe that Tesla (TSLAQ – USA) is near the final stages of this arc. Excluding stock option exercises, cash is no longer inbound; meanwhile Tesla can no longer use financial shenanigans (more this weekend) to hide the rapidly accelerating losses and pent-up cash out-flow. While the timing is still a bit unsure, I’m at the point where I’ve pushed my chips across the table and maxed out the position. It finally is gonna blow!!

Yeah, I know, I promised myself I wouldn’t do another TSLAQ piece until the bankruptcy (or Elon’s overdose), but I cannot help myself. Every few years, the stock market gives you a chance to bet big on something with a huge asymmetric payoff (in this case, I’m talking about long-dated put spreads and a guaranteed risk profile if I am wrong). I have been in the markets for a long time and buying long-dated put spreads on Tesla is the best trade I’ve seen in many years.

In the past week, we have learned that;
  1. yet another Tesla has lost a wheel due to “Whompy Wheel” (google it). “Whompy Wheel” is a well-documented fatal Tesla flaw with dozens of occurrences, caused by poorly engineered suspensions (they’ve paid hush money to victims so they’re complicit) where wheels fall off Teslas during normal driving, leading to multiple fatal crashes. After the car crashed, the driver was
    due to faulty door handles that wouldn’t open once power was down (friends really shouldn’t let friends drive these deathmobiles)
  1. The SEC is holding Elon Musk in contempt for blatant disregard of the prior settlement agreement. I suspect Musk is ultimately pushed out of the company as a result. At the very least, they cannot raise capital until this is settled. The longer the standoff lasts; the more likely it is that the market realizes that vehicle demand has died and the business is imploding—not exactly a good thing when your valuation is as stretched as Tesla’s is
  2. Tesla is closing most stores and service centers to save money, yet severance and lease termination will likely be larger than Tesla’s current liquidity balance. Such a move should be done in bankruptcy and in all my years, I have not seen a bankruptcy/non-bankruptcy announcement such as this (without any DIP even secured!!)
  3. Tesla is dramatically reducing vehicle prices to push faulty legacy inventory on consumers in a last ditch cash grab. Tesla’s cash needs are so extreme that they’re doing this despite trying to simultaneously sell a higher priced version into Europe where many buyers will simply return the car (under EU law) and accept a cheaper version, which will likely lead to negative margins on most vehicles sold this year
  4. Tesla is functionally bankrupt and the Q1 ending cash balance (not adjusted for quarter-end lipstick) will likely be less than $2 billion and possibly as low as $1 billion
  5. Tesla’s GC has looked at some piece of information and left the company, despite coming from a firm that specializes in white collar criminal defense. We don’t yet know what was so repugnant that he left, but it had to be rather awful as they’ve also lost their entire accounting team twice in the past year.
That all happened this week!!!

I don’t know how they’ve propped the stock up for the past year (it really defies logic) but the end is near. Tesla vehicle demand has collapsed globally. The cars have proven to be the most dangerous luxury cars on the road, while often requiring extensive maintenance at a time when Tesla has cut servicing to zero (meaning that you cannot fix your car even if you want to). Fortunately for Tesla owners, cars break at a rapid pace; which saves the drivers from self-immolation when their Teslas explode through normal usage.

It has been many years since I have seen as good of a chance to take a shot on goal while the goalie is off doing drugs behind the stadium. In fact, there are so many different plot-lines suddenly converging and there are so many ways to win here that any one of these shots on goal could lead to the final collapse.

Biggest Fraud Since Ivar Kreuger’s?

The 1934 and 1940 Acts were enacted to ensure that there could never again be another Swedish Match in the stock market. The Sarbanes-Oxley acts were to ensure that there could never be another Enron. The 2022 Act will be to ensure that there can never be another Tesla.

I’ll have a much longer Tesla piece this weekend, but wanted to rush this out because, quite frankly, Tesla put spreads are a freebie here and it won’t last.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:27 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,909 Likes on 1,355 Posts

By the way, the power has been out at my home from 8am this morning. It was a maintenance outage that was suppose to last six hours. It's now 3.5 hours past the restore time, and no power in sight. Glad I don't have an electric car.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette C8 vs. Tesla Roadster?!

Old 03-01-2019, 08:45 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,431 Likes on 2,268 Posts

The mods might want to consider euthanizing this thread.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:46 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael A
By the way, the power has been out at my home from 8am this morning. It was a maintenance outage that was suppose to last six hours. It's now 3.5 hours past the restore time, and no power in sight. Glad I don't have an electric car.
Damn straight Dude.

You ought to get yourself a gas powered air conditioner and refrigerator to avoid all this electrical nonsense. I heard they can run on 87 now.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:12 AM
flyingbunnys
Le Mans Master

Received 128 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by StingBeeZ06
It becomes even more complicated when people simply repeat what they are told by politicians, for example your 97% and 50% statement. These percentages were derived from John Cook the owner of SkepticalScience.com, a "pro-warming" website. John Cook is an assistant professor, not a climate scientist and not a Ph.D. Yet his research "results" were touted by politicians as definitive proof of consensus?

He cites that 97% of all climate scientists "agree", but when you review his actual findings only a handful of scientists "agree". Cook created categories, then placed the scientists papers in those categories, according to HIS OWN criteria. When he saw the findings were trending one way, he created another category and manipulated the findings to fit his narrative. This is not science, it is cherry picking and it is working toward a foregone conclusion.

In fact, only 1.6% of the scientists agreed that man made greenhouse gasses caused 50 of global warming. Additionally Cook was called out by the very scientists papers he was using to push his 97% statement. The manipulation was so blatant, that climate scientist Dr. Richard Tol said: "The Cook survey included only 10 of my 122 eligible papers. 5/10 were rated incorrectly. 4/5 were rated as "endorse" rather than "neutral".

It is clear that the majority of people on the "pro-warming" side, stand accused of manipulation, lying, misrepresenting and outright intimidation in order to further their agenda. Again, this is NOT science.
Yep, I purposly picked a pro warming bias source to show that even among those who are pro warming they acknowledge there is still much disagreement in what the data we have means and even how that data was collected and analyzed.

Even with a heavy scew towards one side there was far from any consensious even in the report people like to quote, you just have to read post the headline.

Thusly my comments on its complicated and we are all going to have different thoughts and why we should remain respectful.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette C8 vs. Tesla Roadster?!