Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C8 Corvette > C8 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Why the Mid-Engine Corvette Will Devour the 911

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why the Mid-Engine Corvette Will Devour the 911

Old 03-15-2019, 04:04 PM
Dr. ice
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by punky View Post
I don't read everyone of the Dr's posts, possibly you do and have a more "credible" appraisal of his bias. I personally can't remember one where the "Dr" was not worshipping Porsche and trolling on Corvette.
I am pro Corvette and pro Porsche......if I wasnít I wouldnít buy them. As I have said a million times, they are BOTH great cars. Additionally, they both have strengths and weaknesses in different areas. Having owned both, I personally favor my current 911 over my past C7. The ONLY two sports cars I would really entertain in the future are both the Corvette and 911. Again, I will put my money soon on either the ME C8 or 992 depending which I like best.....as I am NOT brand loyal to ANY car! The only reason I toss back Corvette imperfection is because some on this forum are quick to bash other great cars simply because they are not a Corvette. Hell, no car is perfect and at the end of the day they are not all that important in the scheme of life.....however family and friends are!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. ice For This Useful Post:
BEAR-AvHistory (03-15-2019), ByByBMW (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 05:21 PM
punky
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dr. ice View Post
I am pro Corvette and pro Porsche......if I wasnít I wouldnít buy them. As I have said a million times, they are BOTH great cars. Additionally, they both have strengths and weaknesses in different areas. Having owned both, I personally favor my current 911 over my past C7. The ONLY two sports cars I would really entertain in the future are both the Corvette and 911. Again, I will put my money soon on either the ME C8 or 992 depending which I like best.....as I am NOT brand loyal to ANY car! The only reason I toss back Corvette imperfection is because some on this forum are quick to bash other great cars simply because they are not a Corvette. Hell, no car is perfect and at the end of the day they are not all that important in the scheme of life.....however family and friends are!
Well that sounds good Dude. Its your cash, enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to punky For This Useful Post:
ByByBMW (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 05:23 PM
Dr. ice
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by punky View Post
Well that sounds good Dude. Its your cash, enjoy!
Thanks!
Old Today, 12:56 AM
Johnuf78

Iíve owned several Porscheís and recently picked up a Z06. Had a 2018 GT3 and recently traded that for a 2019 GT3 RS. Before the GT3ís also owned various 911GTS and currently still have a 991.1 GTS Targa. Where the Porsche really shines is their launch control and PDK transmission. I donít doubt that my GT3RS and previous GT3 is faster than my Z06. It just has better traction off the line and the transmission just shifts much much quicker. The Porsche overall just has a tighter feel and more feedback in the steering. Itís an easier car to drive fast. With that being said, the Z06 is still a great car and half the price of the GT3. Bang for the buck itís probably the best performance car out there. Maybe the GT3 isnít twice as good as the Z06 but overall itís still the better car in my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnuf78 For This Useful Post:
ByByBMW (Today)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why the Mid-Engine Corvette Will Devour the 911

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: