Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else losing interest because of the wait?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 07:36 PM
heavymetals
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
it is a problem... but the other side of the coin is that people may not buy the C7 s if they are waiting for the next thing.

IMO, when people “ know” what’s coming they can choose to wait or not. But when they “think” they may use something better they end to wait simply because they don’t know how long they may need to wait and time rolls by.

Maybe be a year or even two years ago, the C7 inventory would have moved simply knowing they would have to wait 3-4 years for a c8.

Just a thought.
Usually they have a summer blow out so those C7's will be moving.

I think the people on the fence will be surprised at the price performance difference between a C7 and a C8.

To some it doesn't matter if one has better #'s as long as it has the look.

I want to see a C8 that is right up there with the other ME supercars, but I don't expect that one till 2021.
The following users liked this post:
firstvettesoon (03-07-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 09:54 PM
naylor99
Pro

Received 419 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by blk05coupe
Since I wasn't a fan of the C7 I started considering a R8, Gallardo and 911 but put those plans on hold when the ME rumors began. It's now been a couple years and all we have is cars running around in camo, not even confirmation from GM that the car exists let alone an unveiling or launch date. Spring is around the corner and as much as I love my C6 I've had it for 13 years (longest ever) I have a need for change and its looking like it may not end up being another corvette. Anyone else going through the same decision process.
regards
mike
Funny how different things appeal to different people. I guess that's what makes us human. I never wanted a Corvette myself UNTIL the C7 came out. Shopping for my first Vette now... Now I might fall in love with the C8, but I'd never buy a first year model anyway, so...

Last edited by naylor99; 03-06-2019 at 09:57 PM.
pdiddy972 (03-10-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 09:55 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

No.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:12 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 973 Likes on 458 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Yep, really could care less anymore. I come in here every few weeks just to see what threads of zero value have been started
Old 03-06-2019, 10:16 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by therealmz
patience is a virtue.

Good things come to those who wait.

I'm out...
lol!
Old 03-06-2019, 10:24 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

I'll need to see it, in person, and see performance stats to know if I'm interested at all. So, at this point I haven't got much interest to lose. The C7 just didn't appeal to me, and I'm hoping the C8 does. Time will tell. So, when exactly will the C8 debut anyway?
Old 03-06-2019, 10:27 PM
ltomn
Pro

Received 240 Likes on 150 Posts

The wait for the ME is certainly getting lengthy. However as one that has never owned a Corvette, only the ME has appealed to me. I canceled a 911 S Cabriolet to wait for this car. The overwhelming factor after owning dozens upon dozens of German, English and other European Cars is very simple in my way of thinking. European cars are maintainence heavy and that work is quite expensive! For a car man like me, who lives in a lightly populated area, that maintanence can also include a long drive to the dealer. Very long! There is a Chevy dealer in most towns of moderate size across America. Many of them will have sold a Corvette and just as many will have a certified mechanic. This goes a long way in the effort to appease me a little longer to see what we’re going to get!
Old 03-06-2019, 10:35 PM
SingleTrackMinded
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,359 Likes on 903 Posts

No. This has been said over and over again....The C7 was released for 2014, it's now March of 2019.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:42 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Originally Posted by Garret
Yep, really could care less anymore. I come in here every few weeks just to see what threads of zero value have been started
This. Helps my post-count as well. Hahaha
Old 03-06-2019, 10:43 PM
patentcad
Drifting

Received 757 Likes on 321 Posts

99% of the buyers for the C8 will be largely oblivious to the obsessive speculation rampant on sites like this one. That will not be a factor in C8 sales.
The following 2 users liked this post by patentcad:
RapidC84B (03-07-2019), roadbike56 (03-07-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 10:43 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetals
I had my C5 Z06 for 14 years.

I have had my NSX for 2 years now and I don't regret it at all.

The C8 is gonna have to be something special for me to consider it.
what do you like about the NSX as compared to your Corvette? I went from a C7 to 991.2 C2S and I love it as well. I too will consider a ME C8 but I have also liked the new NSX’s. Just curious. Thanks
Old 03-06-2019, 10:50 PM
MN-VERT-VET
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't mind a wait, But if it takes too long I may too old to drive it!!
Old 03-06-2019, 10:56 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

There are many kinds of dealers, and several kinds of car companies. Most are optimists and 232 or 400 days of built cars sitting in the shipment lots are an opportunity to the ones that will make it their bread and butter----and profit. And they do. Those that don't, lose something. Some recover from this lost opportunity. Some don't recover so well. It's a gamble.

Corvette buyers, in that respect, are no different than Porsche or any other make's buyers. You put a car out there that buyers want (even if it's the last gen, but at a price the buyer is willing to pay), and they'll buy it in 0 degree weather and ship it. Or, drive it home. It IS better in the summer/spring/fall, but if the buyer wants it, and the car's there, to paraphrase Lee I., buy it they will.

GM is betting, probably rightly, that for every potential buyer on here who sez--- "I'm out, I'm tired of waiting" ---they will have two or more waiting to buy the cars, the new-gen Corvettes. AND sell all the last-gen cars, too. It's a big bet, but they are optimists. Plus, unlike some car companies, GM is not "betting the company" on the next-gen Corvette.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:12 PM
JD ZR1
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Default The big wait

I have been watching each 'SPY' video with to anticipation of a new ride. Fortunately , I am very pleased with my C7 ZO6/ZO7, a great ride, extremely pleased. However, have really been attracted to the 2019 and even the 2014-15 Porsche turbo s cars . They are a great great buy now....that plus my Zo6 and my 67 restomod make a nice garage to find a ride in. Not sure I will spring for a ME Corvette, really why.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:57 AM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Received 1,260 Likes on 558 Posts

I Just wished GM marketing could of handled the messaging of the C8 ME instead of all the social media driving the message.

If we think about how the world has change since the first time we noticed a test mule of the C7. We NOW have something part of all our lives called social media. We have Twitter, Youtube channels, pod cast and other platforms that have grown to be part of our daily lives that I think is helping fuel our frustrations. I believe some of them have good intentions while others are just trying to be first to post information about the ME while a few are trying to get extra clicks to help their sites. Their are more social media platforms today with people posting as being the insider exclusive with many just speculating about information they heard as facts when we have no way to validate what they are saying. We have become an instant gratification society, I just don't think GM knows how to handle the messaging and is just taking a do nothing approach. I believe all this is helping fuel the frustrations over this next generation corvette.

Think of a few things we have heard so far that can't be validated till its announced by GM. I could have spent days filling in the below.

• Halo car starting at a msrp of 169k
  • Not called a corvette and could be a Cadillac
  • Flat plane crank dual overhead cam twin turbo 700 to 1000 HP
  • 48 volt system replacing the 24v
  • Issues with the frame
  • Active areodynamics, so far no test mules.
  • Reveal at P Beach 2018,2019 and numerous other car shows next is New York show. Or now possibly in May
  • FE is the C8 and the ME is called a Zora and it won't be a C8
  • A8 Automatic no DCT trans
  • A special type of manual transmission option or No manual
  • Corvette will be a stand alone brand,
  • It won't be a Chevrolet,
  • BG will be building a Corvette SUV that is why BG has the extra space
  • New updated FE is being tested and will be shown at the same time as the ME.
It's truly mind boggling how much content about this new mid-engine corvette has been posted. So far GM has not even announced that the ME is even under development. I been on a list since early 2016 and I expected by now to have one of these Unicorns in my garage. I am patiently waiting I am just tired of all the BS.

Last edited by fasttoys; 03-07-2019 at 01:41 AM.
RapidC84B (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 01:10 AM
Stew24
Pro

Received 170 Likes on 99 Posts

If GM wants or wanted to move that 232 day of stagnant C7 supply, ... they should do some Corvette TV advertising. Somehow, I don't think the current supply of C7's is concerning them at all with their C8 plans.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:17 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by 84 4+3
If threads like this keep popping up GM is going to do another controlled leak... just when you think you're out you're back in.
I have yet to see a "controlled leak" that was official in any way whatsoever.
It's just been rumors IMO.

Originally Posted by roadbike56
Premature release with an unreliable product would be a disaster..
"Unreliable product?"
GM has been working on a ME for nearly decade!
How the hell could it be unreliable at this point in time?

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else losing interest because of the wait?

Old 03-07-2019, 01:28 AM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by blk05coupe
Since I wasn't a fan of the C7 I started considering a R8, Gallardo and 911 but put those plans on hold when the ME rumors began. It's now been a couple years and all we have is cars running around in camo, not even confirmation from GM that the car exists let alone an unveiling or launch date. Spring is around the corner and as much as I love my C6 I've had it for 13 years (longest ever) I have a need for change and its looking like it may not end up being another corvette. Anyone else going through the same decision process.
regards
mike
Yes, and that ship already sailed for me, GM is an 800 pound snail and life is way too short to wait for anything that long, I ordered a GT3 Touring (my first ever P-Car).
Old 03-07-2019, 05:03 AM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,007 Likes on 1,025 Posts

lol, first world problems. I was hoping for the C8 to be available for this summer's enjoyment. It won't be... so I ordered a 2019 Grand Sport. By the time the C8 vert is released and the first year bugs are worked out and then the discounts begin...I hope to be ready to upgrade. No biggie. Still will have a beautiful car to enjoy.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:32 AM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Nope,I lost interest when GM announced it was shutting plants based purely on greed. No more GM for me.

Quick Reply: Anyone else losing interest because of the wait?