Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C8 Corvette > C8 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Anyone else losing interest because of the wait?

C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else losing interest because of the wait?

 
Old 03-10-2019, 12:07 PM
  #101  
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member
 
pdiddy972's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,143
Liked 344 Times in 229 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by OVR60 View Post
The executive branch of GM has recently gone through many changes and what are their feeling about a low production sports car for a limited amount of aging buyers?
Oh please, stop with the ageist nonsense. Corvettes have been sold for 60 years - you can't seriously think the current buyers are all the same people.
pdiddy972 is offline  
Old 03-10-2019, 12:55 PM
  #102  
Parcival
CF Senior Member
 
Parcival's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: San Francisco Ca
Posts: 929
Liked 200 Times in 156 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JerriVette View Post
Most of us are enjoying a great sports car while we read these forums for c8 update...



im enjoying life although coming to read the forum and seeing the same spy shots of production mules driving around with white paint and squiggly black lines is kind of boring.

im not bored of the c8.........but rather bored of the same videos and spy photos...

id suggest thats what most are bored with
well said


Last edited by Parcival; 03-10-2019 at 12:55 PM.
Parcival is online now  
Old 03-11-2019, 12:11 AM
  #103  
Red67John
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2016
Location: St. Louis area
Posts: 289
Liked 97 Times in 62 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
Oh please, stop with the ageist nonsense. Corvettes have been sold for 60 years - you can't seriously think the current buyers are all the same people.
No, but more than a few are. LOL. I bought brand new Corvettes at ages 20, 27, (break for family) 53 and 62. Tossed in a couple used ones here and there, like my ‘67. Looks like I’ll be at least 68 before I get to buy a C8.
Red67John is online now  
Old 03-11-2019, 12:19 AM
  #104  
Dr. ice
CF Senior Member
 
Dr. ice's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
Liked 256 Times in 176 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by punky View Post
No offense but you don't get it. Porsche has been *** raping their loyal for decades. Yeah, that's right.
No offense, but you don’t get it. People buy what they want....there is no gun held to anyone’s head. All car makers are only loyal to one thing.....the almighty dollar. Nothing more and nothing less. People are loyal to a product if it gives them what they want.

Last edited by Dr. ice; 03-11-2019 at 12:28 AM.
Dr. ice is online now  
The following 4 users liked this post by Dr. ice:
bgspot (03-20-2019), Red67John (03-11-2019), sunsalem (03-11-2019), tractman (03-19-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 12:25 AM
  #105  
Dr. ice
CF Senior Member
 
Dr. ice's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
Liked 256 Times in 176 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vetteship View Post
Yes, and that ship already sailed for me, GM is an 800 pound snail and life is way too short to wait for anything that long, I ordered a GT3 Touring (my first ever P-Car).
You took a big step up for sure. An amazing car that flys under the radar. Congrats.
Dr. ice is online now  
Old 03-11-2019, 01:24 AM
  #106  
sunsalem
CF Senior Member
 
sunsalem's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Posts: 9,517
Liked 1,382 Times in 1,045 Posts
Default

If the wait will be longer so bugs can be worked out, then so much the better.
Putting out a crap car right now would be catastrophic for the Corvette brand.
sunsalem is offline  
The following users liked this post: sunsalem
bgspot (03-20-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 05:42 PM
  #107  
bob53
CF Senior Member
 
bob53's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 1999
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,178
Liked 54 Times in 35 Posts

Default

Unfortunately this forum has become an echo chamber, and it feeds the auto media from time to time, perpetuating the myths that are invented on this very forum.

GM has not committed to a reveal date. Until they do, they are not officially late. They may have had a few internal setbacks, but this is nothing new in the manufacturing world. The fact that we may have some of the details about the nature of these delays just creates hype and anxiety.

Besides, what do you expect GM to do - respond to the myths and hype on this forum? What good would that do for them? That would be like feeding the trolls.

If there are genuine production issues, it would be far better if they delayed to fix these issues. That is in the best interests of GM and the consumer. They want to get it right at launch.

It's clear a mid engine C8 is on the way, probably sooner rather than later. It's not worth getting all bent out of shape about this car right now as there is still so much of the car that is a secret. If history is any guide, it's going to be terrific and a press darling for the first few years, then predictably they will sour on the car for not being an exotic despite the fact it will outperform most of them...

My advice - have a beer and relax. It will be here when it gets here. If you "need" a sports car sooner, buy a C7 or something else now...
bob53 is offline  
The following users liked this post: bob53
bgspot (03-20-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 07:36 PM
  #108  
punky
CF Senior Member
 
punky's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: Bonita Springs FL
Posts: 3,647
Liked 428 Times in 265 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dr. ice View Post
No offense, but you don’t get it. People buy what they want....there is no gun held to anyone’s head. All car makers are only loyal to one thing.....the almighty dollar. Nothing more and nothing less. People are loyal to a product if it gives them what they want.
"People buy what they want", really, that is one profound revelation. You wear your master of the obvious crown well.
punky is online now  
Old 03-17-2019, 10:12 AM
  #109  
Dr. ice
CF Senior Member
 
Dr. ice's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
Liked 256 Times in 176 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by punky View Post
No offense but you don't get it. Porsche has been *** raping their loyal for decades. Yeah, that's right.
If you know people buy what they wish then why make these kind of comments? Do you consider someone paying more for a sports car than a $65k Corvette *** raping? I call a $65k sports car a half ton Chevrolet pick up.
Dr. ice is online now  
Old 03-17-2019, 10:21 AM
  #110  
John T
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 1999
Location: lisbon ,md,usa
Posts: 2,006
Liked 123 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sin City View Post
As a car enthusiast, I'm interested in what they are doing

As a potential buyer, I'm more and more bored everyday. It's like I've seen this car for 5 years already and I've never seen it. When I do, it's going to be a "oh, so that's it. Hmmm..'

These "leaks" are from GM. Its part of their marketing plan to gain interest. But it's starting to backfire.
Sin is right. For many years American cars would update fascia s and sheet metal on a yearly basis, even with the Corvette. We did not always like the changes but they were fun nevertheless. I am impressed with the constant tweaks to the BMW product. At these prices, life should be interesting.
John T is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 12:42 PM
  #111  
BEAR-AvHistory
CF Senior Member
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 348
Liked 113 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by John T View Post
Sin is right. For many years American cars would update fascia s and sheet metal on a yearly basis, even with the Corvette. We did not always like the changes but they were fun nevertheless. I am impressed with the constant tweaks to the BMW product. At these prices, life should be interesting.
Agree they run a about a 7 year generation change ,2019 is a new 3 series generation, with a major mid cycle update. They also make running updates within the generations. Good marketing, but with the old '50/'60's new body every year it was a lot of fun to see the "new" cars every September.

Dealers would lock the doors paper over the windows till national revel day.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 03-17-2019 at 12:44 PM.
BEAR-AvHistory is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 02:01 PM
  #112  
Bee attack
CF Senior Member
 
Bee attack's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: Prescott Valley AZ
Posts: 271
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Me too, If they start production around December the C8 would most likely be out around summer. Then the 2021 is right around the corner. I'll wait.
Bee attack is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 04:37 PM
  #113  
K.I.T.T.
CF Senior Member
 
K.I.T.T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Location: Lookin over Hoover Dam
Posts: 1,964
Liked 686 Times in 375 Posts
Default

My interest was lost long ago. It could be another 3yrs at this point, I'm fine with it. I'm not even paying attention much anymore, nor even clicking on articles. When the car comes out I'll pay attention again maybe, but...the camo, the spy shots...real, real old.
K.I.T.T. is offline  
Old 03-18-2019, 12:03 AM
  #114  
Red67John
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2016
Location: St. Louis area
Posts: 289
Liked 97 Times in 62 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bee attack View Post
Me too, If they start production around December the C8 would most likely be out around summer. Then the 2021 is right around the corner. I'll wait.
How long does it take to manufacture a Corvette these days? What am I missing? If they start production In December, wouldn’t the first C8 would be out in like...December.
Red67John is online now  
Old 03-18-2019, 12:51 AM
  #115  
Grzldvt1
CF Senior Member
 
Grzldvt1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 1999
Location: Laguna Hills, CA
Posts: 4,279
Liked 275 Times in 161 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bob53 View Post
Unfortunately this forum has become an echo chamber, and it feeds the auto media from time to time, perpetuating the myths that are invented on this very forum.

GM has not committed to a reveal date. Until they do, they are not officially late. They may have had a few internal setbacks, but this is nothing new in the manufacturing world. The fact that we may have some of the details about the nature of these delays just creates hype and anxiety.

Besides, what do you expect GM to do - respond to the myths and hype on this forum? What good would that do for them? That would be like feeding the trolls.

If there are genuine production issues, it would be far better if they delayed to fix these issues. That is in the best interests of GM and the consumer. They want to get it right at launch.

It's clear a mid engine C8 is on the way, probably sooner rather than later. It's not worth getting all bent out of shape about this car right now as there is still so much of the car that is a secret. If history is any guide, it's going to be terrific and a press darling for the first few years, then predictably they will sour on the car for not being an exotic despite the fact it will outperform most of them...

My advice - have a beer and relax. It will be here when it gets here. If you "need" a sports car sooner, buy a C7 or something else now...

Best post here, logical, common sensical. It has only been 6 years in the C7 generation, and almost all go 7-8. It's only late to the Corvette Forum C8 section which is by far a very tiny minority. Had the Forum not put up a C8 section none of this nonsense would exist.
I love the posts that ask if they will fit in the C8, or how to change the plugs, or how to change the oil!!! Seriously people do you really think anyone actually knows. My all time favorite is the video claiming people are bailing on the C8 and buying Tesla's and the C8 is inadequate, therefore sales will be pathetic... Really, can you show us the official GM specs that allow us to determine if it is inadequate!!, or even late
Grzldvt1 is offline  
The following users liked this post: Grzldvt1
bgspot (03-20-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 09:34 AM
  #116  
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member
 
Tool Hoarder's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2013
Location: Virginia Beach Virginia
Posts: 5,626
Liked 1,160 Times in 690 Posts
Default

^ GM has said shorter model runs are the norm now. You cannot estimate the lifespan of the C7 based on the C4/5/6. The C4 went way long because of C5 delays (C5 was supposed to be a 1993 model) and the C6 went long due to the BK.
Tool Hoarder is offline  
Old 03-19-2019, 02:57 AM
  #117  
Grzldvt1
CF Senior Member
 
Grzldvt1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 1999
Location: Laguna Hills, CA
Posts: 4,279
Liked 275 Times in 161 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder View Post
^ GM has said shorter model runs are the norm now. You cannot estimate the lifespan of the C7 based on the C4/5/6. The C4 went way long because of C5 delays (C5 was supposed to be a 1993 model) and the C6 went long due to the BK.
Oh, missed the official GM statement, got a link?
Grzldvt1 is offline  
Old 03-19-2019, 02:06 PM
  #118  
blk05coupe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
blk05coupe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Mi.
Posts: 1,304
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Default

I just could not wait any longer so I went ahead and bought something that will hold me over for a couple years. I sure hope the general gets it right, this thing is a lot sweeter then I thought.
and hopefully the spy shots are wrong about the beak and all the style lines on the hood.


Last edited by blk05coupe; 03-19-2019 at 02:54 PM.
blk05coupe is offline  
The following users liked this post: blk05coupe
John T (03-20-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 03:10 PM
  #119  
BEAR-AvHistory
CF Senior Member
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 348
Liked 113 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by blk05coupe View Post
I just could not wait any longer so I went ahead and bought something that will hold me over for a couple years. I sure hope the general gets it right, this thing is a lot sweeter then I thought.
and hopefully the spy shots are wrong about the beak and all the style lines on the hood.
Congratulations on your new car. Very nice.
BEAR-AvHistory is offline  
The following users liked this post: BEAR-AvHistory
John T (03-19-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 12:36 AM
  #120  
Ram907
Junior Member
 
Member Since: May 2018
Posts: 10
Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
Default

[QUOTE=Vernon;1599001890]Congrats. Enjoy your P-car![/QUOTE nice! I agree with this thinking!
Ram907 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone else losing interest because of the wait?


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: