Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else losing interest because of the wait?

Old 03-10-2019, 12:07 PM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Received 532 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by OVR60
The executive branch of GM has recently gone through many changes and what are their feeling about a low production sports car for a limited amount of aging buyers?
Oh please, stop with the ageist nonsense. Corvettes have been sold for 60 years - you can't seriously think the current buyers are all the same people.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Most of us are enjoying a great sports car while we read these forums for c8 update...

im enjoying life although coming to read the forum and seeing the same spy shots of production mules driving around with white paint and squiggly black lines is kind of boring.

im not bored of the c8.........but rather bored of the same videos and spy photos...

id suggest thats what most are bored with
well said

Last edited by Parcival; 03-10-2019 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:11 AM
Red67John
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by pdiddy972
Oh please, stop with the ageist nonsense. Corvettes have been sold for 60 years - you can't seriously think the current buyers are all the same people.
No, but more than a few are. LOL. I bought brand new Corvettes at ages 20, 27, (break for family) 53 and 62. Tossed in a couple used ones here and there, like my ‘67. Looks like I’ll be at least 68 before I get to buy a C8.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:19 AM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
No offense but you don't get it. Porsche has been *** raping their loyal for decades. Yeah, that's right.
No offense, but you don’t get it. People buy what they want....there is no gun held to anyone’s head. All car makers are only loyal to one thing.....the almighty dollar. Nothing more and nothing less. People are loyal to a product if it gives them what they want.

Last edited by Dr. ice; 03-11-2019 at 12:28 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Dr. ice:
bgspot (03-20-2019), Red67John (03-11-2019), sunsalem (03-11-2019), tractman (03-19-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 12:25 AM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by vetteship
Yes, and that ship already sailed for me, GM is an 800 pound snail and life is way too short to wait for anything that long, I ordered a GT3 Touring (my first ever P-Car).
You took a big step up for sure. An amazing car that flys under the radar. Congrats.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:24 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

If the wait will be longer so bugs can be worked out, then so much the better.
Putting out a crap car right now would be catastrophic for the Corvette brand.
The following users liked this post:
bgspot (03-20-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 05:42 PM
bob53
Melting Slicks

Received 301 Likes on 138 Posts

Unfortunately this forum has become an echo chamber, and it feeds the auto media from time to time, perpetuating the myths that are invented on this very forum.

GM has not committed to a reveal date. Until they do, they are not officially late. They may have had a few internal setbacks, but this is nothing new in the manufacturing world. The fact that we may have some of the details about the nature of these delays just creates hype and anxiety.

Besides, what do you expect GM to do - respond to the myths and hype on this forum? What good would that do for them? That would be like feeding the trolls.

If there are genuine production issues, it would be far better if they delayed to fix these issues. That is in the best interests of GM and the consumer. They want to get it right at launch.

It's clear a mid engine C8 is on the way, probably sooner rather than later. It's not worth getting all bent out of shape about this car right now as there is still so much of the car that is a secret. If history is any guide, it's going to be terrific and a press darling for the first few years, then predictably they will sour on the car for not being an exotic despite the fact it will outperform most of them...

My advice - have a beer and relax. It will be here when it gets here. If you "need" a sports car sooner, buy a C7 or something else now...
bgspot (03-20-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 07:36 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. ice
No offense, but you don’t get it. People buy what they want....there is no gun held to anyone’s head. All car makers are only loyal to one thing.....the almighty dollar. Nothing more and nothing less. People are loyal to a product if it gives them what they want.
"People buy what they want", really, that is one profound revelation. You wear your master of the obvious crown well.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:12 AM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by punky
No offense but you don't get it. Porsche has been *** raping their loyal for decades. Yeah, that's right.
If you know people buy what they wish then why make these kind of comments? Do you consider someone paying more for a sports car than a $65k Corvette *** raping? I call a $65k sports car a half ton Chevrolet pick up.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:21 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Sin City
As a car enthusiast, I'm interested in what they are doing

As a potential buyer, I'm more and more bored everyday. It's like I've seen this car for 5 years already and I've never seen it. When I do, it's going to be a "oh, so that's it. Hmmm..'

These "leaks" are from GM. Its part of their marketing plan to gain interest. But it's starting to backfire.
Sin is right. For many years American cars would update fascia s and sheet metal on a yearly basis, even with the Corvette. We did not always like the changes but they were fun nevertheless. I am impressed with the constant tweaks to the BMW product. At these prices, life should be interesting.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:42 PM
BEAR-AvHistory
Drifting

Received 702 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by John T
Sin is right. For many years American cars would update fascia s and sheet metal on a yearly basis, even with the Corvette. We did not always like the changes but they were fun nevertheless. I am impressed with the constant tweaks to the BMW product. At these prices, life should be interesting.
Agree they run a about a 7 year generation change ,2019 is a new 3 series generation, with a major mid cycle update. They also make running updates within the generations. Good marketing, but with the old '50/'60's new body every year it was a lot of fun to see the "new" cars every September.

Dealers would lock the doors paper over the windows till national revel day.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 03-17-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:01 PM
Bee attack
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Me too, If they start production around December the C8 would most likely be out around summer. Then the 2021 is right around the corner. I'll wait.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:37 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,309 Likes on 988 Posts

My interest was lost long ago. It could be another 3yrs at this point, I'm fine with it. I'm not even paying attention much anymore, nor even clicking on articles. When the car comes out I'll pay attention again maybe, but...the camo, the spy shots...real, real old.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:03 AM
Red67John
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Bee attack
Me too, If they start production around December the C8 would most likely be out around summer. Then the 2021 is right around the corner. I'll wait.
How long does it take to manufacture a Corvette these days? What am I missing? If they start production In December, wouldn’t the first C8 would be out in like...December.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:51 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by bob53
Unfortunately this forum has become an echo chamber, and it feeds the auto media from time to time, perpetuating the myths that are invented on this very forum.

GM has not committed to a reveal date. Until they do, they are not officially late. They may have had a few internal setbacks, but this is nothing new in the manufacturing world. The fact that we may have some of the details about the nature of these delays just creates hype and anxiety.

Besides, what do you expect GM to do - respond to the myths and hype on this forum? What good would that do for them? That would be like feeding the trolls.

If there are genuine production issues, it would be far better if they delayed to fix these issues. That is in the best interests of GM and the consumer. They want to get it right at launch.

It's clear a mid engine C8 is on the way, probably sooner rather than later. It's not worth getting all bent out of shape about this car right now as there is still so much of the car that is a secret. If history is any guide, it's going to be terrific and a press darling for the first few years, then predictably they will sour on the car for not being an exotic despite the fact it will outperform most of them...

My advice - have a beer and relax. It will be here when it gets here. If you "need" a sports car sooner, buy a C7 or something else now...

Best post here, logical, common sensical. It has only been 6 years in the C7 generation, and almost all go 7-8. It's only late to the Corvette Forum C8 section which is by far a very tiny minority. Had the Forum not put up a C8 section none of this nonsense would exist.
I love the posts that ask if they will fit in the C8, or how to change the plugs, or how to change the oil!!! Seriously people do you really think anyone actually knows. My all time favorite is the video claiming people are bailing on the C8 and buying Tesla's and the C8 is inadequate, therefore sales will be pathetic... Really, can you show us the official GM specs that allow us to determine if it is inadequate!!, or even late
bgspot (03-20-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 09:34 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,145 Likes on 5,983 Posts

^ GM has said shorter model runs are the norm now. You cannot estimate the lifespan of the C7 based on the C4/5/6. The C4 went way long because of C5 delays (C5 was supposed to be a 1993 model) and the C6 went long due to the BK.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:57 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
^ GM has said shorter model runs are the norm now. You cannot estimate the lifespan of the C7 based on the C4/5/6. The C4 went way long because of C5 delays (C5 was supposed to be a 1993 model) and the C6 went long due to the BK.
Oh, missed the official GM statement, got a link?

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else losing interest because of the wait?

Old 03-19-2019, 02:06 PM
blk05coupe
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I just could not wait any longer so I went ahead and bought something that will hold me over for a couple years. I sure hope the general gets it right, this thing is a lot sweeter then I thought.
and hopefully the spy shots are wrong about the beak and all the style lines on the hood.

Last edited by blk05coupe; 03-19-2019 at 02:54 PM.
John T (03-20-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 03:10 PM
BEAR-AvHistory
Drifting

Received 702 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by blk05coupe
I just could not wait any longer so I went ahead and bought something that will hold me over for a couple years. I sure hope the general gets it right, this thing is a lot sweeter then I thought.
and hopefully the spy shots are wrong about the beak and all the style lines on the hood.
Congratulations on your new car. Very nice.
John T (03-19-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 12:36 AM
Ram907
Heel & Toe

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Vernon;1599001890]Congrats. Enjoy your P-car![/QUOTE nice! I agree with this thinking!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone else losing interest because of the wait?